Today 08:02 AM
The Art of the Stars
by Fish
Last post by Blaaze
Today 07:57 AM

Old April 28th, 2020, 10:32 AM

My Mood: In Love
Default Re: The Waterbarn

blackkit was wandering around when bumped into blackpaw and blackkit said "sorry I cannot see but can you help me by pushing me in the right direction please." @DarkNight

(mention me if I do not respond.)
it's raining tacos.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 07:06 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

[ @hope ]
__

Walking into the territory , the thin she-cat was busy grumbling to herself as she looked around. It was clear that she wasn't very excited. “Mentor.” Fleapaw said to herself , “...equal learning.” She finished. Speaking of mentors , she wasnt quite sure where hers was , but she assumed they would be here soon. Imagine if she ended up coming here for nothing , she would be furious! However , she was sure that wouldn't be the case...probably. Fleapaw had heard about some mentors just abandoning their apprentices , which resulted in the apprentices being behind in their training. Just the thought of that made her frown. She considered those mentors lazy! Very very lazy , for not having the guts to continue training their apprentices!

The apprentice shifted slightly , looking around in an attempt to spot any felines who were coming her way. None , yet. Sitting down on the ground , it was obvious that she had energy bundled up in her , constantly shifting around. “I wonder what my mentor will teach me..though i don't exactly feel like learning things today..” After hearing herself say that , she quickly rolled her eyes at herself. She would obviously be taught how to hunt and fight! Maybe a few other things— if she didn't end up annoying her mentor too much.

She supposed she would just have to wait and see if her mentor could deal with her.

artfight | ·characters· |pronouns.cc

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old May 24th, 2020, 12:57 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
[ @hope ]
__

Walking into the territory , the thin she-cat was busy grumbling to herself as she looked around. It was clear that she wasn't very excited. “Mentor.” Fleapaw said to herself , “...equal learning.” She finished. Speaking of mentors , she wasnt quite sure where hers was , but she assumed they would be here soon. Imagine if she ended up coming here for nothing , she would be furious! However , she was sure that wouldn't be the case...probably. Fleapaw had heard about some mentors just abandoning their apprentices , which resulted in the apprentices being behind in their training. Just the thought of that made her frown. She considered those mentors lazy! Very very lazy , for not having the guts to continue training their apprentices!

The apprentice shifted slightly , looking around in an attempt to spot any felines who were coming her way. None , yet. Sitting down on the ground , it was obvious that she had energy bundled up in her , constantly shifting around. “I wonder what my mentor will teach me..though i don't exactly feel like learning things today..” After hearing herself say that , she quickly rolled her eyes at herself. She would obviously be taught how to hunt and fight! Maybe a few other things— if she didn't end up annoying her mentor too much.

She supposed she would just have to wait and see if her mentor could deal with her.

duskblossom enthusiastically trotted up to the apprentice. "hello!! i'm, uh, the cat that's supposed to teach you stuff. yeah! your mentor. i'm duskblossom," she said, somewhat tripping over her words. she was never quite sure how to introduce herself, but she guessed that what she'd said had worked well enough. the warrior noticed the amount of energy the small cat had from their restlessness; that would probably serve useful for some parts of their training, but hunting might be a pain.

"so, uh... do you want to train or something? hunting, maybe? or we could get to know each other... whichever one you want to do. we're going to have to do both of those things eventually, so it kinda only depends on which one you want to do first," she inquired, giving the apprentice a weak smile. she wasn't really sure where to start; this was her first time training any cat, and she wanted to make sure she did a mighty fine job. she flopped down onto the floor, resting her paws/legs in a comfortable sitting position.
i’m smiling too”

---

Old May 24th, 2020, 02:43 PM
Ambivert

My Mood: Hopeful

@Puddle~

Mouseleap showed Ribbitpaw where the Waterbarn was. "I am sure that you've been here during the Riverclan raid. Though it's very important for you to remember the territory should something like that happen again." She paused to let Ribbitpaw see the place again.
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan
Old May 24th, 2020, 08:12 PM
yippee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post

duskblossom enthusiastically trotted up to the apprentice. "hello!! i'm, uh, the cat that's supposed to teach you stuff. yeah! your mentor. i'm duskblossom," she said, somewhat tripping over her words. she was never quite sure how to introduce herself, but she guessed that what she'd said had worked well enough. the warrior noticed the amount of energy the small cat had from their restlessness; that would probably serve useful for some parts of their training, but hunting might be a pain.

"so, uh... do you want to train or something? hunting, maybe? or we could get to know each other... whichever one you want to do. we're going to have to do both of those things eventually, so it kinda only depends on which one you want to do first," she inquired, giving the apprentice a weak smile. she wasn't really sure where to start; this was her first time training any cat, and she wanted to make sure she did a mighty fine job. she flopped down onto the floor, resting her paws/legs in a comfortable sitting position.

As soon as Fleapaw saw a feline walk up to her and introduce herself , she looked the she-cat up and down as if she was silently judging her. She was , kinda. At the question , her large ears perked up and she stayed silent for a moment. “Hi , Duskblossom. I'm Fleapaw!” She finally introduced. “I don't really like learning to be honest , it's boooriingggg!! But since I'm going to have to do it no matter what , I want to hunt. That's probably the easiest thing , right? It's just pouncing and biting animals..well that's what I heard from older apprentices when they summed it up!” Her chatty nature came into action very quickly. She had managed to say that all in one breath!

Standing up , the thin molly would jump slightly from paw to paw with narrowed eyes directed towards Duskblossom. “Hey! You know how to hunt right? Well , of course you do , you're a warrior but..” She lifted a paw , jabbing at her mentor a bit roughly. She hadn't meant to jab her as hard as she did , it seemed she did it like it was normal for her to do that. “Do you know any cheats? Things where you can catch ALL of the prey?” She inquired , sporting a slight grin now. However , it wasn't a happy one , it was more of an arrogant one. “Because , not to brag , but I'm probably the best apprentice there is...well..the best young apprentice.”

Old May 24th, 2020, 10:40 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementals View Post
@Puddle~

Mouseleap showed Ribbitpaw where the Waterbarn was. "I am sure that you've been here during the Riverclan raid. Though it's very important for you to remember the territory should something like that happen again." She paused to let Ribbitpaw see the place again.
"Yeah, I've been here before." Ribbitpaw was slightly irked by the fact that his mentor was taking him to this part of the territory, and his tone of voice reflected that. If she seemed to know that he had already been here, then why would she give him a tour of it again? It wasn't like he had completely forgotten the seemingly long trek to the Waterbarn as a kit. In his eyes, the apprentice thought a tour of the Waterbarn would be a slight waste of time. But he didn't complain out loud. He knew better than to do that. Sighing, he pretended to seem extremely interested in the surroundings, when in reality, he was itching to get on with the tour of the territory which he hadn't already seen.

Character Site ✩ Bump after 3 days. ✩
Old May 25th, 2020, 06:10 PM
wanna play a game?

Quote:

As soon as Fleapaw saw a feline walk up to her and introduce herself , she looked the she-cat up and down as if she was silently judging her. She was , kinda. At the question , her large ears perked up and she stayed silent for a moment. “Hi , Duskblossom. I'm Fleapaw!” She finally introduced. “I don't really like learning to be honest , it's boooriingggg!! But since I'm going to have to do it no matter what , I want to hunt. That's probably the easiest thing , right? It's just pouncing and biting animals..well that's what I heard from older apprentices when they summed it up!” Her chatty nature came into action very quickly. She had managed to say that all in one breath!

Standing up , the thin molly would jump slightly from paw to paw with narrowed eyes directed towards Duskblossom. “Hey! You know how to hunt right? Well , of course you do , you're a warrior but..” She lifted a paw , jabbing at her mentor a bit roughly. She hadn't meant to jab her as hard as she did , it seemed she did it like it was normal for her to do that. “Do you know any cheats? Things where you can catch ALL of the prey?” She inquired , sporting a slight grin now. However , it wasn't a happy one , it was more of an arrogant one. “Because , not to brag , but I'm probably the best apprentice there is...well..the best young apprentice.”

duskblossom listened to all of fleapaw's dialogue before she actually responded. huh. this was going to be... quite an experience. "hi fleapaw!! so you don't like learning?? it might be boring but, since you said that you're the 'best young apprentice,' learning will help you continue to be the very best!" the warrior replied, taking a moment to think before continuing. "i mean, the apprentices you talked to aren't wrong, i guess, but that's kind of putting it simply!! it's more like sniff, find animal, stalk animal, kill animal, but with way more technique!" she said, trying to figure out a way to explain the basics without making it seem too.. well, basic. the cat hid a tiny wince at the small jab, but continued onwards.

duskblossom laughed at the next few sentences. she couldn't blame fleapaw; if only there were cheats to hunting, that would make life so much easier. "i'm afraid i don't know any. i mean, maybe there are some top-secret tips that the other warriors have been hiding from me, so i'd have to go interrogate some sketchy-looking cats and see if they're hiding any hunting cheats, but i don't think there are any. i mean, there are definitely certain methods to hunt and all, and stuff that makes you more successful, but no easy shortcuts. i know. it's very sad." she said this in a ranting tone of voice, barely taking any breaths in between sentences so that at the very end, her voice was kind of squeaky and faded. "i'll make sure to let you know if i find any out, though!!" duskblossom said as an afterthought, smiling. the best apprentice, huh? she'd be the judge of that.
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; May 25th, 2020 at 06:11 PM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 09:50 PM
yippee!!!

Quote:

duskblossom listened to all of fleapaw's dialogue before she actually responded. huh. this was going to be... quite an experience. "hi fleapaw!! so you don't like learning?? it might be boring but, since you said that you're the 'best young apprentice,' learning will help you continue to be the very best!" the warrior replied, taking a moment to think before continuing. "i mean, the apprentices you talked to aren't wrong, i guess, but that's kind of putting it simply!! it's more like sniff, find animal, stalk animal, kill animal, but with way more technique!" she said, trying to figure out a way to explain the basics without making it seem too.. well, basic. the cat hid a tiny wince at the small jab, but continued onwards.

duskblossom laughed at the next few sentences. she couldn't blame fleapaw; if only there were cheats to hunting, that would make life so much easier. "i'm afraid i don't know any. i mean, maybe there are some top-secret tips that the other warriors have been hiding from me, so i'd have to go interrogate some sketchy-looking cats and see if they're hiding any hunting cheats, but i don't think there are any. i mean, there are definitely certain methods to hunt and all, and stuff that makes you more successful, but no easy shortcuts. i know. it's very sad." she said this in a ranting tone of voice, barely taking any breaths in between sentences so that at the very end, her voice was kind of squeaky and faded. "i'll make sure to let you know if i find any out, though!!" duskblossom said as an afterthought, smiling. the best apprentice, huh? she'd be the judge of that.

Fleapaw listened. Huh. She supposed learning could help her continue to be the very best. As Duskblossom explained the basics of hunting , she thought it sounded extremely easy. It was kinda like when you pounce on moss balls in the nursery when you're a kit! Except , this was an actual animal. At the answer for her question about cheats , she was irritated. She didn't try to hide it either. Cheats made things so much easier though! Ugh! However , upon hearing her mentors sentence about interrogation she hummed. “Sketchy-looking cats? You should interrogate Icestar then,” She blurted out without thinking her words through before saying them. It..those words probably sounded wrong. She didn't have a problem with Icestar , but she was the leader , so she had to know cheats. Right? It wasn't likely she did , but Fleapaw liked to think so. There was always a chance!

“But anywaysss!” The thin she-cat hummed as she changed the topic. “We should...probably start the training , right?” She inquired. She didn't exactly want to start , she'd be perfectly content with just sitting and watching her mentor catch prey instead and just say she learned , but you couldn't always have what you want. And , she wanted to become a warrior! She was far away from becoming one , but still! The apprentice kept standing there; would have started to get in a position or something similar , but she knew little to nothing about hunting. Well , she knew she had to probably crouch and pounce on the animal , but the other stuff? No knowledge! It was slightly embarrassing , in Fleapaw's opinion.

Last edited by furrensic; May 25th, 2020 at 09:51 PM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 11:45 PM
wanna play a game?

Quote:

Fleapaw listened. Huh. She supposed learning could help her continue to be the very best. As Duskblossom explained the basics of hunting , she thought it sounded extremely easy. It was kinda like when you pounce on moss balls in the nursery when you're a kit! Except , this was an actual animal. At the answer for her question about cheats , she was irritated. She didn't try to hide it either. Cheats made things so much easier though! Ugh! However , upon hearing her mentors sentence about interrogation she hummed. “Sketchy-looking cats? You should interrogate Icestar then,” She blurted out without thinking her words through before saying them. It..those words probably sounded wrong. She didn't have a problem with Icestar , but she was the leader , so she had to know cheats. Right? It wasn't likely she did , but Fleapaw liked to think so. There was always a chance!

“But anywaysss!” The thin she-cat hummed as she changed the topic. “We should...probably start the training , right?” She inquired. She didn't exactly want to start , she'd be perfectly content with just sitting and watching her mentor catch prey instead and just say she learned , but you couldn't always have what you want. And , she wanted to become a warrior! She was far away from becoming one , but still! The apprentice kept standing there; would have started to get in a position or something similar , but she knew little to nothing about hunting. Well , she knew she had to probably crouch and pounce on the animal , but the other stuff? No knowledge! It was slightly embarrassing , in Fleapaw's opinion.

duskblossom tried to stifle a laugh at the icestar comment, but failed, which caused a loud snort. "hmm, i mean, that's not a bad idea... maybe one day. for now, let's focusssss!" she replied, trying to think of how to describe a hunter's crouch. "step one. TAKE A BIG SNIFF," the cat said, stalling for time while she thought of different explanations. "once you smell some prey--and i hope you know what prey smells like-- you're going to have to... uh... here, let me show you." maybe doing it herself would also give her ideas on how to explicate it. she dropped into a hunter's crouch. "so basically.. you flop down on the floor, shifting basically all of your weight and fat and muscle and everything onto your hind legs. got that?? it makes it so you don't sound so loud, and so you're able to pounce!" she let that sink in for a few minutes, giving fleapaw a chance to get into position before continuing with her... rushed lesson, if that was what she could call it.

"after that, make sure that you're downwind, or else they'll probably smell you, panic, and run for dear life. when you're sure of that, make sure your tail is about yay-high," duskblossom gestured to her tail, "so that it doesn't brush along the floor," she said. "then you just walk really quietly and jump. i kinda over-complicated it but it basically just looks like this:" -once more she demonstrated- "and you walk and jump. and kill. by biting the neck-" the warrior added. she looked at fleapaw promptly, as though asking her to try it out for herself. "and then you got food!! yummy, yummy food, though you can see that for yourself."
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; May 25th, 2020 at 11:45 PM. Reason: typo ;;
Old May 26th, 2020, 08:23 AM
yippee!!!

Quote:

duskblossom tried to stifle a laugh at the icestar comment, but failed, which caused a loud snort. "hmm, i mean, that's not a bad idea... maybe one day. for now, let's focusssss!" she replied, trying to think of how to describe a hunter's crouch. "step one. TAKE A BIG SNIFF," the cat said, stalling for time while she thought of different explanations. "once you smell some prey--and i hope you know what prey smells like-- you're going to have to... uh... here, let me show you." maybe doing it herself would also give her ideas on how to explicate it. she dropped into a hunter's crouch. "so basically.. you flop down on the floor, shifting basically all of your weight and fat and muscle and everything onto your hind legs. got that?? it makes it so you don't sound so loud, and so you're able to pounce!" she let that sink in for a few minutes, giving fleapaw a chance to get into position before continuing with her... rushed lesson, if that was what she could call it.

"after that, make sure that you're downwind, or else they'll probably smell you, panic, and run for dear life. when you're sure of that, make sure your tail is about yay-high," duskblossom gestured to her tail, "so that it doesn't brush along the floor," she said. "then you just walk really quietly and jump. i kinda over-complicated it but it basically just looks like this:" -once more she demonstrated- "and you walk and jump. and kill. by biting the neck-" the warrior added. she looked at fleapaw promptly, as though asking her to try it out for herself. "and then you got food!! yummy, yummy food, though you can see that for yourself."

Hearing Duskblossoms first instruction , the she-cat tilted her head with a doubtful look in her eyes. “A big sniff?” She repeated , silent for a moment. Well , that sounded simple enough! It was basically breathing but...trying to smell for prey. It was really close! “Okay!” Fleapaw nodded , taking a sniff of the air. She could smell a lot of different things. Those things , she couldn't really be specific when describing , but she was sure it was prey. Probably rabbits or something and a few other things. “I smell things but I can't tell what they areee!” She complained. This was so irritating!! She would name the smell 'stupid prey bunch' for now until she could tell the prey apart by smell. She was planning on complaining more , but her mentor had spoken up , explaining how to do a hunters crouch.

The apprentice stared at Duskblossom for a moment , circling around the older she-cat to examine how she was crouching. “That looks easy.” She commented. Fleapaw dropped down into a simple crouch , wanting to replicate her mentor , and attempting to shift all of her weight onto her hind legs. Though , she frowned soon after with narrowed eyes directed towards the other feline. She would do the same with her tail , trying to get it low , but still off of the ground so it wouldn't brush against it. This was easy! If the rest of her training was this simple , she'd be a warrior in no time. Though..she did have one question. “Hey!” The brown apprentice said , staring at Duskblossom. “When you shift your weight onto your hind legs , is it supposed to feel uncomfortable?” Huh. Odd question. But since she had asked that , it was clear that her crouch looked somewhat odd if you took a second look. She was definitely doing something wrong.