Last post by Tallstar
Today 01:11 AM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by TheRedWyvern
Today 12:57 AM

Old June 28th, 2024, 12:35 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: WindClan Deputy Applications

Take a trip through the moor with a cat you all know well and judge his soul for what its worth. He aint one for smooth talking you'll find, but actions speak for themselves louder.
And his twoleg is decent with words besides, so we'll get the point across.

If you would, if you want, step into someone elses paws and go in his

Journey

With him.

Last edited by Rani; July 2nd, 2024 at 03:48 PM.
Old June 28th, 2024, 08:59 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

[ new message ]

[ good luck everyone ]

[ shadowkit ]

◺--------------◿
Old June 30th, 2024, 12:39 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old June 30th, 2024, 12:54 AM
ALL HAIL KAT/ROSE

Bump Policy: Feel Free To Bump Me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

[No Header Rn]
WARMSUN
Hes Not Fancy, Hed Rather Get His Paws Dirty. He DoesntHave Many Friends, And None Of Them Are Close. Plus, No Family. Dead Parents, Only Child. Hes A Little Odd Ball, And Isnt Very Sotcial. Hes A Sleep Deprived, Silly Energy Ball With Many Calm Moments. Hes Not An Old Grump, Traumatized Being, Nor Overall Rude! He Tries His Best At Everything. He Doesnt Wanna Be "The Best" Warrior, Though He Aims High. Hes Not That Keen On Being Leader In The Next Year, Though It Seems So Fancy And Respected. He Loves Any "Respected" Role, And Will Strive To Be Seen, But Not The Center Of Attention. Hes The Kind Of Cat Thats Over Here Like " Youre Upset. What Happened. Ill Beat Their A-" But Also The Kind To Hide From Cats Who Wanna Fight Him. Hes The Goofy Oddball "Middleman" As He Calls Himself. Warmsun Isnt One To Let Anycat Walk Over Him, He May Be One Of The Less "Im Gonna Kill You" Warriors But More Of A "You Hurt Me, Ill Rip You Apart" Kind While He Tries Not To Scream And Run Away.
[WIP]

LionFlop Is ShadowClans Secret Murderer
Click Link To Sign Your Cat Up To Have Ketchup!
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=83853

Last edited by Desert Rain Frog; June 30th, 2024 at 12:47 PM.
Old July 1st, 2024, 05:01 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour

((SILVERKIT FOR WC DEP RAHHHH))
Old July 2nd, 2024, 01:38 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Presenting.............
Deadmoon!!!
Coming in at 44 moons, she definitely isn't young anymore, and hasn't been a reckless buffoon in like......10 moons or so!
She's been part of Windclan (albeit having been missing twice) since August of 2020, almost 4 years!
Also, her Major Character Development (tm) has already occurred, so you don't have to worry about it getting in the way of her decision making!

And now, an interview with the star herself!

Deadmoon! A pleasure to speak with you today!

The feeling is NOT mutual. I have to deal with your yammering every day, its not like we never see each other. I could do with seeing you less frequently, actually.

First of all, ouch. Second of all, I'd like to ask you why you're applying for deputy. I mean, you've not shown any interest in the position before.

YOU'RE the one who dragged me out here, you deserve a few insults. I didn't even know being deputy was an option until you made me listen to you pontificate for an hour. But I suppose the main reason I would like to be deputy is to make SURE that Featherwhisker's been proved wrong. And Rosebriar. A lot of spite is involved in my decision making, I'm not sure why you'd expect this to be different.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Are you sure there isn't any more....noble motivation? I don't think spite is likely to convince Twilightstar.

Well it's not just Twilightstar I have to convince, it's her twoleg too. The twoleg might think spite is funny. You certainly do.

Stop doing me dirty Deadmoon, I can bring back the plans for Character Development I've been sitting on for a while!

Ugh, fine. I've had more than enough of THAT for a lifetime. You dragged my family issues out for so long, couldn't even let me cut them off and hate them forever. I mean, I'm very glad that I fixed things up with Wolfie, he's great, but I STILL can't help thinking the kind of things they said sometimes. I mean they're partially right, my stupid leg makes it difficult to do normal Windclan rabbit-chasing things, and I'm not the best fighter. But I'm not a complete mess, not completely useless. I can catch rodents well, and I've not died yet. I've made it through a few battles with Shadowclan, and they aren't slouches. I'm....I'm still working on some things, but who isn't?

Time to get back on track perhaps?

Oh, hush. Fine. Stop giving me that look. It's also the fact that, this is going to sound sort of mean, it's just not that deep. Like, you can be clanmates without talking to another cat. And then they die. But you've never talked to them. So why do they suddenly matter? Cats who didn't even know them start losing their heads and screaming about revenge, and it's this massive panic when most of the time we don't even have all of the information. If you knew them you're entitled to grieve. Obviously! But if you never cared about their existence until now, don't start.....using their deaths for your own agenda or whatever. It makes it so much more difficult to discuss things and figure out how to deal with it, whether the problem is internal or from another clan, when everyone is being irrational and not just the cats that....deserve to, I guess. Call it emotionally unhealthy or whatever....

I will and I have.

....but make the right decision first, and mourn later. Don't make the job of figuring out what to do next harder by going nuts.

And you think you're the right cat to do that?

You've never seen me throwing accusations and threats around a clan meeting, have you?

Fair enough. I'm curious, what are your thoughts on the whole 'you have to ignore your family' thing?

I....didn't think that was what it said? Did it? If it does, I'm not applying. I quit. But I think you're misleading me and it didn't say that. If it did it'd just be stupid, and Twilightstar's not stupid. I mean, what is a cat without those they care about? An empty shell, pretty much. I mean, none of that character development you twolegs like to yap on about happens without other cats. I wouldn't be who I am today without so MANY cats. Most of them are missing or dead now, but the point still stands. Featherwhisker and Rosebriar taught me that I have to work hard, and prove myself. I have to be ready to defend myself, life won't just hand things to me. Nightpaw showed me what a great friendship could be, how cats can support eachother. Then Marigoldpaw, she showed me that cats don't always judge based on appearance, or by clan. And you shouldn't. And she gave me a great sense of humor. Rookscreech did the same, and more. She was my best friend. Still is, even though she's gone. Even though I've screwed her over so many times. If she ever comes back, she'll still be my best friend. She's family. Breezefeather was the first taste I really had of that, of an adult who wanted to stand between me and the outside world. Even if he did die far too soon. And then I got Wolfie back, I learned to, was forced to more like, confront emotions. Move through them, and try to forgive. And Snowy. He's given me something to aspire to. He thinks I'm so much better than I am, and that makes me want to be better for him. And for Honeypaw and Duckpaw. To be a cat they're proud to call their former mentor.

Awww, that was actually kind of cute! I knew you had a heart in there somewhere! I have to ask though. You've been known to be awfully chummy with some Shadowclan cats. What's to say that won't continue?

I resent the implications there immensely, shut up human. And, well, I suppose my little Gathering rendezvous aren't something to be proud of. Depending on how technically you want to look at it, I could have been breaking the warrior code. But I'm not going to apologize for.....what? Having friends? Enjoying healthy relationships? Before Breezefeather, Marigoldpaw and Rookscreech were the closest I had to normal relationships. Where my leg, that I had no control over, wasn't a massive sticking point. So I won't apologize for that. If Shadowclan cats were the ones who reached out to me, and had a good sense of humor and didn't make me feel lesser, that's not my fault. And it didn't impact my role as a warrior of Windclan. I think that's the stipulation. Friends are allowed, but the clan comes first. I was in a battle with Rookscreech on the other side, when she was still with Shadowclan, and didn't say anything. Even when Wolffang was fighting her, I knew the clan had to come first. Because ultimately, with how fast cats come and go, arrive and go missing, the concept of the clan is really the only tether you have unless you're really, really lucky. That I know for sure. No individual cat is worth forsaking a clan for, because they could just as easily disappear the next moon. Besides. I have Snowybreeze and Wolffang and Honeypaw and Duckpaw to joke around with now.

Something a little more exciting now. How do you think other cats would describe you?

What other cats? I can guarantee you I've split some opinions.

Let's start with a clanmate you don't know too well. Another warrior you only see for meetings and patrols. How would they see Deadmoon?

Your standard warrior probably. I don't think anycat would tell you I'm not dependable, I get my patrols done on time and I'll take apprentices out training even when they're not mine. But I also don't think you'd find anyone who wants to get much closer, you know? I'm pretty business if I don't already know you and you're over, like, 10 moons. Kits and young apprentices are fun, they can goof around a bit and they generally haven't realized that I can't run fast, but with adults it's easier to be a bit aloof. It's an improvement over what it used to be really, I can be nice and courteous when necessary. But socializing at all is a bit weird, so unless there's an express reason to converse I'd rather not.

Well, that is a bit better than you used to be. At least you don't bite everyone's face off when they try and say hello. What about one of your apprentices? Like Honeypaw, or Duckpaw?

I hope they'd say I'm a good teacher, I try my best. Even if I can't do the typical 'Windclan runs fast' routine. They'd probably say I have a weird sense of humor. Probably not completely child appropriate if we're being honest, but sometimes morbid things are just....objectively kind of funny. Plus, joking about catastrophes is a good way to avoid existential dread. Also, a nice way to avoid excessive emotional sharing. Which don't get me wrong, I've shared emotions before. It was healthy. But it's not my favorite thing in the world. I always end up crying which is kind of embarrassing, and I have to be sad to do it. Whenever I let my emotions out a little bit they come out all at once, the ones related to everything in the past anyway. Most of the time I'm fine, I don't worry about the negative things that have happened in the past. About Featherwhisker and Rosebriar. But once I start thinking about family or anything like that too deeply, I can't avoid it, and I feel like that stupid kit again who just didn't understand. So it's easier to not start. But I think Honeypaw and Duckpaw would say I'm a decent mentor.

Ok, a bit more personal. Snowybreeze and Wolffang. What do you think they'd have to say?

Snowybreeze would say something really sweet I’m sure, something far too kind. He’d make me out to be the best cat in the world. But I think he would say that about anybody. He doesn’t have an angry, or even unkind, bone in his body.

Wolffang would probably act all guilty. He always does. Even though we’ve patched things up, I don’t think he likes me around too much. I’m one of the big reminders of what he used to be. But sometimes he’s too much of a reminder for me too. Even as we love each other, there’s spite there. I want things to go wrong for him, sometimes. But he’d probably say I’ve become a good warrior. Better than he would have expected. He always said I had to work a bit harder to be as good, and that’s been true. But I did do the work, even if I was an apprentice for a bit longer than usual.

And your sister? Your mother? If you could talk to them?

Well aren’t you a jerk? I’ve already TOLD you I don’t like soul searching. For the record, I wouldn’t listen to anything those two rats had to say. I would have some words for them though. Something like: I’m still here. You’re both dead. I’m a good warrior, I’ve trained apprentices, I’ve made friends, and I don’t need you as my family anymore. You didn’t want me, and I don’t want you. I don’t even think about you anymore. You have no power over me.

Some of that would be a lie, but I would say it. Spite makes right, my own personal little maxim. Not really. But it helps sometimes. Even if I am forgiving cats a bit more now.

What? Why are you looking at me like that? That’s your character development face, get that off your face right now!

WHAT? TELL ME NOW!

Deadmoon, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.

……why? What happened.

It’s Wolffang. He’s dead.

………dead?

……..again?

No, he can’t be. Wolfie can’t be dead. He was going to woo Leopardsong, and have kits with her or whatever. He was going to train his apprentice. We were going to be emotionally healthy for once, stars damn it! He can’t just be gone! Again.

Deadmoon, he’s gone. There isn’t anything you can do.

No, no. He’s in Starclan, they can send him back. They sent him back last time, they’ll do it again. He's still got unfinished business, no cat is finished at 50 moons, or however old his is!

A lot of cats don't make it that long Deadmoon. He's not a leader. He's not getting a third chance. You have to just.....accept that.

How am I supposed to just....accept that?

How does any cat accept the death of the loved one?

They don't really, do they. They must not. You'll never be comfortable with it, even if you know you'll see them in Starclan. Wolfie, he will be in Starclan. Right? When I eventually go?

I would imagine so, yes.

That's...that's good. I hope I'll be able to see him. At some point. When I.....you know.

You've become weirdly calm.

Are you really surprised? You've seen me deal with loss before. You know how it ends. I try and pretend like it never happened, until it's been long enough that it sort of....fades into the back of my mind. No one talks about it anymore, and I can safely remember him as, like, a character in a book or something. That's what's happened with other cats I've lost anyway. Try to remember the good times, the nice stories, without the feeling of loss.

Does this.....event change your interest in being deputy at all?

If anything, I'd be more eager for increased responsibility. Something to take my mind off of what's missing. I know, I know, I'm not being emotionally healthy again. And being able to.....try and step up a bit in Wolffang's absence, maybe. I mean I'll never be the fighter he was, but he was also a vocal, sort of respected presence. Regardless of any rank changes in the future, I'm turning into almost a senior warrior, and need to start acting more like it. Being more assertive, maybe, rather than just trying to get cats to shut up or throwing out my own opinion. I can't have Wolfie or Snowy being disappointed in me, whether they’d say it or not.

Alright, we’ll call it done. Thank you for your time.

Buzz off you nosy twoleg, go jabber with your friends or something.

We also have a brief message from her servant.

Hi, that’s me! gs! I’m going to be heading off to college in the fall, so if nothing else I’m supposed to be a responsible person by now. I’d like to think I am anyway. I have a discord, but I don’t know how to use it so I’d have to figure that out. I’m on just about every day, albeit not replying to everything. I don’t really know what the point of this little section is honestly, so I’ll stop talking!

Good luck to whoever’s picked, Gs and Deadmoon are excited regardless!!

Last edited by gs29513; Yesterday at 10:57 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2024, 05:48 PM

Bump Policy: ✩1 week due to personal reasons
My Mood: Doubtful

good luck to yall !! Excited to see whos picked :catpeek:

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM
pfp is leafpaw <3

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Queenly

WindClan Re: WindClan Deputy Applications

hiiii! yes, I am still waiting for her to be accepted, but I am going to give this a shot and put Fleetsmoke up on the board of choices!

Coming in at 33 moons, we have a splotched light-brown-and-white she-cat with ice-blue eyes approaching the arena!

Poor gal needs her appearance shown <3 (Credits to ClanGen for the image.)

hihihi!

it's Isla, here.

Letting everyone know that I am currently 16 years of age and will be turning 17 on October 25th, 2024.

I do have a job, so you will need to respect that I may not be able to get to certain things right away.

I am going into my Sophomore year of High School.

I do have discord (@/lynxyboo), but there's a slight problem with that.. I have a phone, but I don't have it at the same time. I am free to contact through vms and pms here on WCO.

I am usually active. Do not worry about anything else but that.

Fleetsmoke is pretty new, and I was willing to give her a chance. I hope that you all will, too.

First off, Fleetsmoke isn't a crazy furball, but she isn't a lazy furball, either. This she-cat is as loyal as a WindClanner could get. Fleetsmoke's firm, not afraid to put discipline on a cat who needs it. She won't start fights, but she will for sure finish them. Fleetsmoke doesn't start fights with the other Clans - she'll wait for the attacks to come to her.

There are the basics to this girl, though, too. Let's start!

What's the character's current name? Fleetsmoke, of course!

Fleetsmoke is roughly around 33 moons.

Daughter of Dandelionfrost [ NPC ] and sister to Yarrowwhisker [ NPC ], Fleetsmoke had quite the adventurous kithood, usually like any other WindClan kitten.

Previous Names? Well, isn't that obvious? She started off as Fleetkit, then moved up to Fleetpaw, and now she's the amazing cat she is - Fleetsmoke!

Current Affiliation and / or Residence? WindClan. Where else would Fleetsmoke be? Why wander the mountains with an unstable RiverClan when she could be proving herself for the shot of WindClan Deputy?

Current Position Within the Clan? Warrior, obviously.

Alriiiiight, welcoming the influencer of today's application, Fleetsmoke!

Describe Fleetsmoke's personality in brief detail.
As mentioned, Fleetsmoke's stern. She isn't afraid to use discipline when needed. However, Fleetsmoke also looks to the bright side of things, and continues to remain optimistic, even when some situations just don't look as if they'll ever straighten up. This sleek-furred WindClanner will be nothing but supportive and caring for her Clanmates. Fleetsmoke would have their every opinion and suggestion within her mind, and will always find room for improvement. Fleetsmoke can accept if there's something wrong with her.

No mate, no kits. Fleetsmoke doesn't plan on it anytime soon, either.

What would Fleetsmoke's main goal as WindClan Deputy be?
Fleetsmoke doesn't want to ensure that WindClan's the 'Best Clan in the Forest', as that's become a title now, but she would make sure that the other three Clans respect them. She's sick and tired of seeing WindClan get beat up and walked all over by the other Clans - especially RiverClan. In Fleetsmoke's eyes, if Dusklion hadn't killed Fallownose, then Twilightstar wouldn't have to be doing this right now. No, Fleetsmoke's goal is not to make WindClan strong. It is to make them respected. A Clan doesn't have to be the strongest to be respected.

What would Fleetsmoke's dynamic with Twilightstar look like if she chooses her for her Deputy?
Fleetsmoke would be supportive of Twilightstar's decisions, but she wouldn't be afraid to speak her mind, either. If she feels as if Twilightstar is making a mistake, then Fleetsmoke will point it out.

What is a Deputy, in Fleetsmoke's eyes?
Fleetsmoke sees the position of Deputy as Twilightstar's second-in-command. As Twilightstar's cat that she knows she can call on. Fleetsmoke sees the position as Deputy almost like an assessment - as if Twilightstar would be testing how a cat would act as leader after she has passed away.

What are a Deputy's responsibilities?
Deputies are responsible for organizing daily patrols, such as hunting and border patrols, and may take over leadership if the leader is unable to do so.

I can assure you that Fleetsmoke would be able to handle it. She's a strong bean

What would happen if the leader is unable to lead the Clan, such as if they are sick or away from the Clan? Who would take over leadership in their place?
If Twilightstar were to fall ill or go on a quest and / or mission, then Fleetsmoke would take over as Acting Leader until Twilightstar has returned or has been nursed back to full health.

How would Fleetsmoke support Twilightstar?
Fleetsmoke would assist Twilightstar with her duties.
Fleetsmoke would organize proper training programs for hunting and battle training. In her eyes, they'd need to keep their skills sharp to keep the Clan from dying out - not that WindClan would anytime soon.
Fleetsmoke would make daily reports to Twilightstar, let her know which patrols she had sent out and which warriors and apprentices she had sent on said patrols.
If something were to come up and Twilightstar was not in the camp at that very moment, Fleetsmoke would take up the report and make sure that Twilightstar got word of the situation once she had returned.

What would happen if Twilightstar were to be unable to attend a Gathering?
Fleetsmoke would lead WindClan to the Gathering herself and explain the best that she could why Twilightstar wasn't there without making her Clan seem weak and vulnerable.

What are the qualities in Fleetsmoke you think Twilightstar is looking for?
Trust. Trust is definitely one of them. I can list them.
Trust.
Support.
Dependability.
Peaceful.
Unique.
Loyal.

Fleetsmoke is all of those things, and she will prove it.

Fleetsmoke gets that if she's chosen for Deputy, Clan Meetings and Events are mandatory to attend, and she'd be serious about it.

She knows Twilightstar doesn't like quitters. Fleetsmoke is not a quitter.

Fleetsmoke will not slack from her duties, and she will keep up her initiative.

Thank you for reading this application.

Last edited by isla; Yesterday at 06:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Bump Policy: 24 Hours!
My Mood: Angelic

Wolf'Feather

WolfFeather is a interesting cat. Stubborn, Opinionated, yet strong nonetheless.

Gray/blue and black spotted she wit Heather blue eyes.

---

Wolf'Feather Q&A:

Why do you want to be deputy?
"Honestly? Well. I'm content as a warrior, but I think the role of deputy would push me to my strongest. I know it takes hard work and it's rough on you, but... not much can break me at this point. I can take on the role head-first. I care about my clan. That's why."

What is your opinion on TwilightStar and how would you handle disagreements with her?
"Well, she's the one in charge n' all. I'll respect—or at least tolerate—her decisions. I won' disobey her or nothin'. I'll let her know my objections though. And let her know what I think we should do instead. I'll darn well stop her if she acts impulsively or in an unsmart way though, though I doubt she would."

How do you balance your personal feelings and relationships with your duty to the clan?
"Personal relationships? Hah. I don' got much of that. A few friends here and there, but other than that, no family or nothin'. With my personal feelings? Well, I'd hope I would share an opinion with a decent amount of the clan. Of course, the clan comes first though."

What does being a deputy mean to you?
"Leadership. I mean—after the leader moves on n' all, they have to be ready to take over and be responsible for the clan. They gotta be ready for anythin', and they can't weaken their clan by puttin' somethin' else before it."

What makes you a better candidate for deputy than others?
"I—I don’t wanna say I’m better in any way. I'm not sure who all the potential candidates are, but damn do I know some good-willed cats. I don't wanna say I'm better 'cause I'm meaner, but I definitely have a rougher side to me. A little bit of bark, a little bit of bite."

How do you handle conflicts within the clan?
"Doesn't matter who it's conflicting. If it's a little petty fight, I don't care enough to waste my time on their personal crap. I'll only get involved if it's seriously affecting the clan as a whole or if it gets seriously bad. I'll treat cats I'm close to all the same though."

What would be your daily responsibilities as a deputy?
"Ensure I send out the right patrols, cats are behaving, check the borders, and ensure the clan is safe. I'd like to do a daily report with TwilightStar too to inform her of information she may not know."

---