Old June 4th, 2024, 06:07 PM
a known memoria

Bump Policy: every 24 hours
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: The Atari [Outsider Group for RiverClan Plot!]

Shadow
// Atari // she/her // 18 moons // Trapper //
// “Shadows lurk in the dark. Beware.” //

Her family lost. A young kit. Dark as night. Quiet as shadows.

Shadow lost her family at a young age. Her mother died in labor and her father died shortly after, of an incurable sickness. Her only sibling was killed by a fox, and her mother’s sister left the Atari to become a kittypet. Shadow was left alone.
And that’s how she stayed.

Shadow is a loner in the Atari, she keeps to herself and almost never interacts with others unless she has to.

Shadow has good skill with hunting alone, specializing in rabbits. She has quick reactions and amazing speed.

Shadow is a kind cat to kittens, but not really to her Clanmates. She mostly ignores them, eating alone, even sleeping alone. Her whole life… is alone.

Fully. Alone.

She lurks in the dark. Never spotted, never seen. Try as you might, but she will surprise you. So watch your back.

Shadow is all black, with dark blue eyes. She is slender, and muscled. She is small, below the average by at least 2 inches.

Her paws have six toes on each, with long sharp claws.

Speed: 9/10
Agility: 8/10
Stamina: 8/10
Fighting: 5/10
Hunting: 8/10

“Shadows. Everywhere. And nowhere. At once.”

art shop l role-play tracker l character bios

Snowyfeathr, Myling, Desert Rain Frog, and AritheFiremaiden all live here. (they get wifi, books, snacks, treats, and all the awesome things)

Last edited by constellation; June 10th, 2024 at 08:44 AM.
Old June 4th, 2024, 07:10 PM
Little Snowflake

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Fine

Ace
She/her | 9 moons
(for allegiances) White with striped ginger and light gray splotches; ginger tail and ear markings with golden eyes, and a scar across her cheek
Initiate - kittypet joining

----- Backstory

A young she who was a kittypet, living with her sister in a twoleg den. She was very close to her sister, but she longed to escape. On the other hand, her sister was happy and content with being a kittypet, and she wanted Ace to stay, so reluctantly she did. She always looks over her fence, wondering what life could be if she escaped. But she couldn't leave her sister. She knew that.

One day, a tragic accident happened. Ace was frisking around her garden, looking for something to do. Her sister was teasing her, as she was stretched out in the sunshine. She didn't know Ace's yearning. Ace had jumped up on the fence, looking over the Twolegplace, as she often had done. Suddenly, she could hear snarling behind her. A big, scarred cat was looming over Ace's sister, blood on their paws. Ace rushed over, yowling in alarm. But it was too late. The rogue looked up and snarled, slashing a claw over her cheek. The barking of a dog made the rogue look over their shoulder in terror, and fled. Ace was bewildered by the strange behavior. She turned to her sister. No! she thought. Her sister had long, deep gaping wounds across her flank. Her sides were heaving, but alive. Barely. She looked up at Ace, her eyes wide with terror. The barking grew louder. Ace looked up, and saw a vicious, slavering dog running right towards her. Her fur was stiff with terror. It was her housefolk's dog, the one they always kept locked up.
Ace's sister looked at her. "Go..." she mumbled.
"No! I won't leave you!" Ace cried.
"Y-you must... You can't save me but you can save yourself..." Her sister's eyes closed with the parting words. Ace knew she was right. Heart aching, she fled. Into the Twolegplace. Into the unknown.

It was what she wanted most. And I got it, she thought bitterly. Ace had always thought her sister would be with her forever. Ace stumbled along the hard twoleg paths, finally collapsing under a trash can. She twitched her nose in disgust, but where else would she sleep? The twolegplace was too vast, and besides, the sun was sinking.

Ace stayed in the Twolegplace for a week, starving, trying to learn how to hunt but failing. The twolegplace was disgusting. She knew she had to escape it. She traveled along the harsh lights and brick nests, until she finally found the edge. She bounded into the wilderness eagerly. It was so full of... life. She knew this was where she belonged.

She stumbled across The Atari in her time alone, and begged to join, as she hadn't seen another cat in so long. She missed the companionship of her sister. The group accepted her as an Initiaite.

Desperate to prove her loyalty and worth, she tries to learn all she can about this new way of life, though she wasn't very trusting, due to the... incident, she decided to call it. It was too painful to think about.

When asked about her past she shuts down, refusing to think of it. She is afraid of growing closer to any cat after what had happened.

She'd strive to become the best Atari cat, trying to gain favor with the Crown, as it was all she had.

-----

I want to roleplay out her joining the Atari group, if that's fine.
After Atari disbands, she will join Riverclan.

I'm excited to roleplay her and see who she grows into!

She could stay true to her heart, but there's an equal chance of spiraling into the darkness. It really depends on what happens to her, and what the Atari is like.

Who knows?

My CharacterHub

Last edited by snowflake.; June 8th, 2024 at 02:39 PM.
Old June 4th, 2024, 07:22 PM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Hungry

Place holder

(so many applications that are so good ;-; can I have two cats )

risingstorm is a warrior of ThunderClan if he is needed mention me+-
(art by Dolomedes)
Old June 5th, 2024, 12:33 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Thinking

placeholder!!
Old June 5th, 2024, 01:41 PM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: every 3 days :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

name: ghost
appearance: a mostly black, lithe tom with shaggy fur and minimal white markings, one grey one blue eye
role: trapper
purrks: shadow fiend, silver tongue

mayhaps actual application later

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Last edited by alec; June 8th, 2024 at 03:47 AM.
Old June 5th, 2024, 02:14 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

healer/claw application

Merlin grew up with the Atari, along with his mother, Dew, and his two siblings, Falcon and Screech. As Young, they got along well and Merlin idolized his Crown and those who worked to keep him and his family safe. Soon, though, the cracks began to show through the facade he was seeing through. Brutality was the way of life, and it was something his brother, Falcon seemed to revel in. Merlin and Screech, his sister, could never quite see things the same way. While Falcon dedicated himself solely to his future role as a claw - aiming even higher to one day be the Crown himself - Screech focused on her desire to become a trapper like their mother and Merlin..? He wasn't sure where he would fit into this place.

Eventually, he found companionship in a former healer of the Atari, and grew close with them, asking question after question about herbs and different healing techniques. His healer friend was amused by this and asked Merlin if he'd like to train under them to become the next healer of their group. Starry-eyed, Merlin asked if that was really something he was allowed to do, and his friend chuckled, "I will have to as The Crown first, of course, but I see no issues in taking you under my wings," his friend said with a smile. And that was where Merlin found his calling.

With reverence and awe, Merlin through himself into his new studies, growing distant from his siblings as a result of his near obsessive tunnel vision. Screech was the only one saddened by this, while Falcon hardly seemed to know that anyone existed other than those he could exploit to get to the top of the chain of command. It wasn't until the day Falcon became a Claw and Screech became a Trapper that his sister came to him with her concerns.

"I'm worried about Falcon," she had told him, and Merlin, paws busy sorting through herbs, discarding what's gone bad already, flicks an ear to indicate he is still listening. "He seems... different somehow," Screech continues, "not himself anymore. He's snappy and I had to stop him from outright killing one of the young the other day... his obsession with needing more power... I'm worried it's unhealthy."

"What can I do about that?" Merlin ask, brows knit in concern. His duties are in healing the physical ailments of his colony, not the mental.

"Come with me and mother to talk to him about it?" Screech suggests, tail flicking up and down anxiously. "If you're there maybe he won't do anything stupid..." Merlin tells her he'll think about it, though the idea of staging an intervention for his unstable big brother is not something that brings him any joy. "If you decide to come, we'll be just beyond our usual spot tomorrow when the sun is setting." Merlin nods and Screech is dismissed.

The rest of that day and for most of the following, Merlin finds himself unable to get much done in the way of actual work, his mind zeroed in on what his sister had come to him to request. Every time he has a spare moment, Merlin finds his eyes seeking out his brother, watching the grey tabby with interest and scrutiny, trying to pick him apart. He can see what Screech meant when she said he was violent. More than once, an older Claw, Trapper or even the Claw of the Crown had to break up a fight Falcon had started. He is irritable, and the way he tears into the squirrel he eats at sun high is gruesome and unnecessary.

It's not long before Merlin decides he does wish to join the intervention. Even if Merlin himself might not've been able to stop him if he got violent, at least he'd be around to treat injuries, he reasoned.

He'd been running a little late. There was a fussy kitten with a headache who just wouldn't listen, he'd finally gotten them to heat the offered poppy seed, but that also meant he was late to the intervention. Screech and Dew probably thought he had never intended to show. Falcon was probably reacting in a volatile way. Merlin couldn't help but wonder, perhaps a little jadedly, how much blood there'd be to clean up when he got there.

The thought brought a wry chuckle to the blue-grey tabby, but his smile stopped abruptly as the sharp tang of blood entered his nose, and Merlin froze. The smell was thick in the air and far too strong to have been just a little tussle. Pace quickening to a sprint, Merlin skidded to a stop in the clearing he and his siblings used to spend their time in, eyes blown wide in fear and disbelief. Coating the grass and dirt was red. Puddles of it. And, standing in the middle of it all, mouth dripping and lowered over the throat of their mother, was Falcon. Merlin barely even registered that his sister's body lay not far away. He didn't even remember what happened after what he'd seen.

He just remembered coming back to the colony's camp, ear torn off, tail and shoulder bleeding, the bodies of his mother and his sister on his back as he carried them home. The rest was a blur. He does not remember their burials, does not remember telling anyone what happened that night, he barely even remembers himself save for impressions.

Merlin throws himself into his work and eventually becomes one of the colony's full healers. He does what he can, he does not fight back against the Crown, but this is not the place he wants to be, and his more lucid moments are spent thinking of ways out.

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Last edited by Neptune.; June 7th, 2024 at 02:21 PM.
Old June 5th, 2024, 04:47 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

100% a real cowboy in the fur and is 100% not spirit in disguise

> there is a black, white, and grey cat who stares at you with a curious glint in his eyes. his eyes are a deep, bright amber and there's a dirty burgundy bandana wrapped around his throat. he's new around these parts. for a moment, he glances you up and down real slow before a toothy grin spreads across his face. "ain't it a delightful day?" he speaks first, breaking the silence between you. to be honest, you know his story and even if he presents himself as authentic somethin' about this jesse makes your body become rigid, prepared to flight - or fight. its as if a predator is staring down at you. instead, you only nod wordlessly in agreement and the exchange ends there.

*striked out parts are the true bits of jesse's identity whilst the rest is what he presents himself as; bold are the truthful bits that are apart of both identities
NAME : JESSE [SPIRIT]
ie : the lord exists
GENDER + PRONOUNS : TRANS-MAN + HE/HIM [TRANSMASC + HE/THEY]
ZODIAC : CAPRICORN
DESIRED RANK : TRAPPER [traitor?]
PURRKS : LYREBIRD'S LULLABY, AGATHA KITTY, HERB KNOWLEDGE
--> As far as anyone knows, Jesse was one of many barn cats that lived within a valley who would help the twolegs handle their sheep. He became skilled at tracking & trapping due to needing to protect the livestock & catch his own prey amongst other things. Unfortunately, for reasons unknown to even him the place he resided in was burnt to the ground and Jesse was left alone. After traveling throughout the rough terrain he eventually discovered the Atari and joined them rather recently. He is still beginning to integrate into the group's culture, so he has a few.. interesting quirks but what he lacks in knowledge Jesse makes up with enthusiasm.

[ kind ] [ charismatic ] [ loyal ] [ diligent ] [ playful ] [ flexible ] [ gaurded ] [ calm ] [ absent-minded ] [ analytical ] [ manipulative ] [ daredevil ] [ intelligent ]
jesse's a bit of a strange one for sure but a sweet one at that. he's a helpful fellow and is known to be awfully diligent in his work whilst remaining flexible at heart. he doesn't seem to blink when faced with danger and as long as you've known him (which isn't very long) he always manages to keep calm. hell, jesse even lightens the mood when you need it. sure, sometimes he kinda gets that glazed over look in his eyes and stops responding to you but he's just a bit absent-minded, that's all. the smoke fumes' fault he says. now, you don't really know much about him,, actually trying to wiggle a proper answer for any personal questions about him is like trying to pull a thorn out of your pad. you're pretty sure you only succeed about once every thousand tries but surely, he'll open up soon!
⋆ ★ appears to have a somewhat decent amount of herb knowledge
⋆ ★ has a fear of water & fire
⋆ ★ favorite color is orange

at first glance you can see jesse is a white, gray and black tall tom with a kinked tail & amber eyes. under further inspection, he seems less to have a coherent pattern and more like someone had taken two differently completely cats and made them into a whole. the parts of his fur that are white & black are long and silky in texture whilst the gray parts are shorter and appear to be more coarse. typically, he wears a damaged & dirty burgundy bandana around his throat. it is not uncommon to see jesse with twigs and leaves in his fur and its a given his paws will be covered in mud. not to say the tom is untidy - you always see him fussing with his fur but alas, he's fighting a losing battle. he's also incredibly tall with muscles that hide under his fur. jesse speaks in a low, gruff voice and about always has a toothy grin on his face.
⋆ ★ almost always fidgeting or chewing on something
⋆ ★ smells like burnt cinnamon and copper .. says its the barn lingering on him . you keep expecting for it to leave - it never does.

⋆ ★ skilled in poisoning & tracking, always picks up on the littlest of details
⋆ ★a perfectionist regarding his work - can be rather controlling when it comes to his traps
⋆ ★ excels in speed; decent strength & endurance but nothin' fancy
⋆ ★ is still learning the ways of atari and is accident prone but is mostly obedient

Last edited by wolfie; June 18th, 2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old June 5th, 2024, 07:09 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Nephele and Reverie
Sun & Moon

❀° ┄──────╮
Nephele
╰──────┄ °❀

» [Where We Started] «
0:51 ─〇───── 3:43
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

╭──────────.★..─╮
Reverie, "Athy"
╰─..★.──────────╯

» [Army] «
0:32 ─〇───── 3:24
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Last edited by Estelle; June 13th, 2024 at 08:00 PM.