Today 06:00 PM

Old August 16th, 2022, 07:51 AM
Slowly returning

Gender: Girl(???); she/they mainly, but other pronounce dont bother me either
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Windy Hills

Owlglide
@GlowLight23

The Windy Hills were the same place Owlglide had gone for the last herb trip, but it had seemed like a lush place for plants then, so the warrior trusted that star-shaped plant would be there somewhere. He glanced back towards Frostpaw who he had signaled to follow him. "Im assuming you've never seen this plant before either, hu?" A half smile before he moved on. "Just remember; star-shaped flowers. Ive only ever seen one kind of plant that looks like that, so we shouldn't find the wrong one at least. We can go a little separately while looking, just call for me if there's something. Just pick one, or two, or three (if you manage to find that many) of them, and make sure you get the best ones!"

The brown-furred tom was about to start but stopped himself. "Right, and one last thing, Frostpaw; don't go too far up on the hills. The wind blows strongly up there, and you could end up losing your footing since you're still small. " Owlglide could probably manage it, but it would be better if they both stayed down here anyway. "Ok?"

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:07 AM

My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotty View Post

Owlglide
@GlowLight23

The Windy Hills were the same place Owlglide had gone for the last herb trip, but it had seemed like a lush place for plants then, so the warrior trusted that star-shaped plant would be there somewhere. He glanced back towards Frostpaw who he had signaled to follow him. "Im assuming you've never seen this plant before either, hu?" A half smile before he moved on. "Just remember; star-shaped flowers. Ive only ever seen one kind of plant that looks like that, so we shouldn't find the wrong one at least. We can go a little separately while looking, just call for me if there's something. Just pick one, or two, or three (if you manage to find that many) of them, and make sure you get the best ones!"

The brown-furred tom was about to start but stopped himself. "Right, and one last thing, Frostpaw; don't go too far up on the hills. The wind blows strongly up there, and you could end up losing your footing since you're still small. " Owlglide could probably manage it, but it would be better if they both stayed down here anyway. "Ok?"
“Alright, now let's start before we return to... Milkpaw. empty paws“ Frostpaw froze when realising she didn't know the medicine cat's name

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7bzxurJ1I
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:48 AM
Slowly returning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowLight23 View Post
“Alright, now let's start before we return to... Milkpaw. empty paws“ Frostpaw froze when realising she didn't know the medicine cat's name
Owlglide
[The max amount of herb that can be gathered per patrol is five, so please dont have Forst find more than three flowers ]

The apprentice didn't seem to react much to anything he said, but Owlglide frowned somewhat when Frostpaw seemed to struggle with the medicine cat's name. "Cowpaw." He corrected her calmly before turning to look for the flowers. Star-shaped flowers, star-shaped flowers. It did take a bit of searching, but he did manage to spot what looked like a few blue stars among the grass and vegetation. At first, he was pleased to see so many, but as he got closer he saw all of them came from only two stems, so there weren't as many as he had thought. Oh well, it would be good nonetheless.

He carefully reached down to pick them, snapping off the stems and gathering them. The odd, planty on his tongue taste emmidietly hit him, and he tried readjusting the herbs in his mouth before moving on. But he hadn't had time to take many steps before the call of a bird sounded through the air. Owlglide looked up to see the black and white body of a magpie angry hopping around a tree. The brown tom stood still for a few moments before he decided it maybe was better not to continue in that way in case the bird would get angrier. Owlglide wasn't looking to piss of anyone today.

He turned and went back towards Frostpaw to see how she was doing. Maybe... about four of five herbs would be good.

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Owlglide
[The max amount of herb that can be gathered per patrol is five, so please dont have Forst find more than three flowers ]

The apprentice didn't seem to react much to anything he said, but Owlglide frowned somewhat when Frostpaw seemed to struggle with the medicine cat's name. "Cowpaw." He corrected her calmly before turning to look for the flowers. Star-shaped flowers, star-shaped flowers. It did take a bit of searching, but he did manage to spot what looked like a few blue stars among the grass and vegetation. At first, he was pleased to see so many, but as he got closer he saw all of them came from only two stems, so there weren't as many as he had thought. Oh well, it would be good nonetheless.

He carefully reached down to pick them, snapping off the stems and gathering them. The odd, planty on his tongue taste emmidietly hit him, and he tried readjusting the herbs in his mouth before moving on. But he hadn't had time to take many steps before the call of a bird sounded through the air. Owlglide looked up to see the black and white body of a magpie angry hopping around a tree. The brown tom stood still for a few moments before he decided it maybe was better not to continue in that way in case the bird would get angrier. Owlglide wasn't looking to piss of anyone today.

He turned and went back towards Frostpaw to see how she was doing. Maybe... about four of five herbs would be good.
She started to pick a small borage flower near a tree hoping this could help.

Old August 19th, 2022, 06:02 AM
Slowly returning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowLight23 View Post
She started to pick a small borage flower near a tree hoping this could help.

Owlglide

He spotted Frostpaw near another small tree, picking at flowers just like he had been, and made his way over. "How is it going?" He mewed, voice somewhat muffled by the plants he was already caring. He leaned forward to check how many Frostpaw had, but it only seemed to be one. "What if you try and find one more, and I'll look over there." Five plants should be fine, so the brown tom moved in another direction to see if he could find another plant.

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]
Old August 19th, 2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:

Owlglide

He spotted Frostpaw near another small tree, picking at flowers just like he had been, and made his way over. "How is it going?" He mewed, voice somewhat muffled by the plants he was already caring. He leaned forward to check how many Frostpaw had, but it only seemed to be one. "What if you try and find one more, and I'll look over there." Five plants should be fine, so the brown tom moved in another direction to see if he could find another plant.
Frostpaw nodded “Good, this would definitely help fill Cowpaw’s stock. Right?” before plucking a bigger borage flower . “Maybe one day I'll break out of my perfect personality.” She muttered

Old August 22nd, 2022, 10:38 AM
Slowly returning

Owlglide
@GlowLight23 [Ill go report the patrol]

He found another of the star-shaped flowers, and after glancing toward her, he saw that Frostpaw had done the same. Five flowers seemed like a good amount and was as many as he had gathered with his own apprentice last time he had been assigned on a herb patrol. "This will be enough, let's head back."

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]
Old August 22nd, 2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:

Owlglide
@GlowLight23 [Ill go report the patrol]

He found another of the star-shaped flowers, and after glancing toward her, he saw that Frostpaw had done the same. Five flowers seemed like a good amount and was as many as he had gathered with his own apprentice last time he had been assigned on a herb patrol. "This will be enough, let's head back."
Frostpaw nodded {Haha, perfect timing! I just discussed a future plot for this gal, anyway Okay!}

Old August 22nd, 2022, 02:14 PM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Swiftheart sniffed the air. @GlitterKitten

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old September 16th, 2022, 05:20 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

[Leopard & Dream activity post]
There she was at it again. The older white bengal was seated on the crest of one of the three hills that overlooked WindClan's moor. It was rather windy at the top, and the journey uphill had been a battle for her, but Leopardsong had managed through pure stubbornness. Taking her health more seriously, she found herself out in the territory more often reminiscing or hunting when she could. Having lost two apprentices, Dustypaw and Foxpaw, both of which she felt incredibly responsible for, and having no clue where they were or even if they cared that she was worried about them; with the additional weight of losing a dear friend, had put her in a bad place.

With some terse words and a little bit of force from a cheeky apprentice turn warrior, Leopardsong felt more like herself. Enough to start wondering about some strange stuff, like the reason why she had hit that low in the first place. She's dealt with death and loss before, but nothing that had caused her body to have such a strong physical reaction to the point of making her sick and lose weight. Leopardsong's always been able to plaster on a brave face and smile in darkness time. So what was different this time? Cause she lost her first apprentices, making her feel like a foxdung of mentor? Or could be that maybe somewhere way back in her head, she had thought this dear friend might have become something more than a friend, and then had all her hopes and dreams dashed with his death?

She didn't know what it was and didn't want to dwell on it, so that was where a chunky, petite, lilac she-cat came in as a distraction. Dreamlight, the warrior was currently stalking a magpie, her third target this evening, between the hills. She had everything down, the stalking, the hunting crouch, even the tentative, silent paw steps, Leopardsong could see that she was a good hunter. But everything went wrong when Dreamlight, leaped, she had trouble landing smooth. Normally, she landed too early, clumsily, and missed her mark. The bird shrieked and flew off.

Leopardsong assumed it had something to do with suddenly not having a tail, but despite being tiny, Dreamlight was quite the fighter and adamant about not seeking aid. It was like Leopardsong was running into a tree every time she tried to talk to the younger she-cat. So she watched her instead, watched Dreamlight hiss, and watched the tears of frustration that had been hanging in her eyes finally trickle down the lilac-gray she-cat face. Dreamlight would stomp her paws angrily, spat and hiss, before nearly scratching her face with her claws as she wiped her tears away just as unhappily. Leopardsong sighed softly, observing the warrior for a bit longer before standing and making her way down the hill and back to camp.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training