Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
something in the air...?...
by Luna16
Last post by Luna16
Today 06:19 PM
ShadowClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by Cinnamiontail
Today 06:16 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Splitmoon
Today 06:07 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Cinnamiontail
Today 06:01 PM
Flickering Chance in the...
Last post by snowflake.
Today 06:00 PM

Old Today, 02:27 PM
matching with @/oakcrane

Bump Policy: Anytime unless I am on hiatus.
My Mood: Dreaming
Default Re: Burnedpaw's Training [P]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna16 View Post

Burnedpaw nodded, standing for a moment to memorize how this felt. He carefully stalked forward into the forest, opening his mouth to taste the scents around him.

-rolled 16-

Burnedpaw caught the scent of something scuttling about in the undergrowth, and turned his attention to the scent. He crept forward to see a mouse. Burnedpaw tried to remember some of the basics of hunting he'd heard others discuss, checking the wind and making sure your target can't hear you or catch your scent. Check the tail too. He glanced back to ensure his tail wasn't going to brush against anything.

Satisfied, Burnedpaw continued to maneuver carefully towards his target.

-rolled 8-

The mouse picked its head before rushing back into the undergrowth. Burnedpaw spat in frustration, but opted not to chase it, figuring it would just make more noise and alert other prey around. He lifted his tail, checking the wind to see that the direction had changed. My scent was blown right to it. Damn. He looked back at his mentor briefly before crouching down again, checking his paws before opening his mouth to try again.
Hawkthorn had no emotion etched on his face that showed if he was mad at his apprentice for not catching the mouse. Instead, he nodded encouragingly and checked the wind. The prey scent should blow to me if Burnedpaw were to catch it. Hawkthorn thought to himself and watched him try again.

Choose a cat! ~ Blue's Shop! ~ Scythes ~ Lana's Place ~ WCO Jail.. ~ fogclan

vm me to enter my lair. it has infinite movies and wifi! snacks will be given. sometimes..

@/Eucalyptuspaw came for the movies and snacks!! @/snowflake. enters, carrying a whole buncha snowballs @/ChromeSilver_Hwaa enters carrying a Tiramisu Cake
Old Today, 03:14 PM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluest+r~ View Post

Hawkthorn had no emotion etched on his face that showed if he was mad at his apprentice for not catching the mouse. Instead, he nodded encouragingly and checked the wind. The prey scent should blow to me if Burnedpaw were to catch it. Hawkthorn thought to himself and watched him try again.

Burnedpaw appreciated his mentor's encouraging nod, though his expression also remained clear. Only the slightest twitch in his tail showing acknowledgment. He lifted his muzzle, using his whiskers to detect the direction of the wind and adjusting his position. Once satisfied, he tried again, tasting the air to locate another prey scent.

-rolled 18-

It didn't take long for him to detect another mouse. Burnedpaw stalked forward carefully, mindful of his paws and the breeze. His target was soon in sight, he just had to be careful until he was close enough...

-rolled 16-

With a well aimed pounce, Burnedpaw landed on his target and swiftly broke it's neck by clamping down on it's neck. As he felt the mouse's warm blood fill his mouth, he felt a sense of pride. My first kill! Burnedpaw lifted his head, padding back over to his mentor wordlessly. The thrill and pride of his accomplishment not hidden from his eyes this time.

click my signature for my character bios!
Shop
Old Today, 04:16 PM
matching with @/oakcrane

Bump Policy: Anytime unless I am on hiatus.
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna16 View Post

Burnedpaw appreciated his mentor's encouraging nod, though his expression also remained clear. Only the slightest twitch in his tail showing acknowledgment. He lifted his muzzle, using his whiskers to detect the direction of the wind and adjusting his position. Once satisfied, he tried again, tasting the air to locate another prey scent.

-rolled 18-

It didn't take long for him to detect another mouse. Burnedpaw stalked forward carefully, mindful of his paws and the breeze. His target was soon in sight, he just had to be careful until he was close enough...

-rolled 16-

With a well aimed pounce, Burnedpaw landed on his target and swiftly broke it's neck by clamping down on it's neck. As he felt the mouse's warm blood fill his mouth, he felt a sense of pride. My first kill! Burnedpaw lifted his head, padding back over to his mentor wordlessly. The thrill and pride of his accomplishment not hidden from his eyes this time.
Hawkthorn grinned and nodded at his apprentice. "Great! We'll practice catching more and bring it to the elders and queens back at camp. Go ahead and catch more." Hawkthorn meowed then stopped himself. "Oh, put that prey under a pile of leaves, will ya? Don't want an owl or fox snatching it." He added quickly and began to scent the air.

Choose a cat! ~ Blue's Shop! ~ Scythes ~ Lana's Place ~ WCO Jail.. ~ fogclan

vm me to enter my lair. it has infinite movies and wifi! snacks will be given. sometimes..

@/Eucalyptuspaw came for the movies and snacks!! @/snowflake. enters, carrying a whole buncha snowballs @/ChromeSilver_Hwaa enters carrying a Tiramisu Cake