Last post by ghost.
Today 08:50 AM

Old September 30th, 2017, 12:17 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
Ebonypaw's stance was full of determination, the look in his ways, the way his tail confidently swished behind him, his paws planted in the dirt and his expression curved into a little smile. He was sure he would make his mentor proud. His mentor was sort of like him. Cold, but not too rude. To some cats, anyways. Ebonypaw was enjoying his company more than the first few moons of his apprenticeship. He seemed so stoic and bossy during their first moon or so. Ebonypaw snapped himself out of the stupid thoughts, they were too soft to ponder during training, he needed to be strong. He shook his muscles to loosen them slightly, and as he pounced into the air he enjoyed the wind blowing through his thick black fur, the feeling almost worth exposing his underbelly for a possible "attack". The small Turkish Angora took a deep breath of clean air, filling his lungs with it. He flicked his tail, gazing down at his mentor as he launched into the air, his ears pinning back slightly. What was Flintheart planning? This was new. The feeling of his mentors paw brushing against his fluffy underbelly made him understand, this was the belly-rake he'd heard about. He landed, a bit of grit flying as he skidded to a landing. He shook the dirt from his pelt, tail lashing slightly. "Clever." He mewed, giving a tiny nod. "I saw that once, with a random apprentice." He informed his mentor, tail twitching as he smiled. He'd not landed on his face, that was an improvement! "I didn't land on my face, at least." He said in a joking way. His breath caught in his throat at the word fight-stopper, though he didn't let himself get too worked up. He flexed his own claws, unable to imagine them covered in blood. He shook away the thoughts, he needed to focus. "I think I can." He replied, any disturbing thoughts gone from his mind.
“You’re already showing immediate improvement.” Flintheart praised the apprentice with a softened smile, “Your balance and accuracy is becoming much better.” The male knew that some of these moves were often used in a rather violent final resort, but Ebonypaw should at least be educated with them, so that he can be prepared one day in case they are called into battle. His ears flattened for a moment as he thought about seeing the younger male in a fight, especially with an opponent bigger than him. He shook his head, was he really showing concern towards the youth? Flintheart forbid himself to grow soft and closer than needed, knowing that he was destined for solitude or maybe even greater things - he was unsure what Starclan had in store for him down the line. The mentor gave a nod to the apprentice’s words, mentioning that he could go through with this move. “Alright then.” The Burmilla said, standing up and padding over to a spot a few tail-lengths away from Ebonypaw, facing the dark-furred male and readying a stance to charge forward. “Just tell me when you are ready, remember - claws unsheathed.” He reminded him, knowing that one little slip-up could cost another dearly. When he was younger, he had seen an apprentice get injured rather severely during training when sparring with another apprentice that has forgotten to put away his claws.
Old September 30th, 2017, 03:34 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
Foxthorn bounded through the territory, his green eyes fixed ahead. Usually he'd be pranking, but that wasn't all he did. He liked to run, too. His fur bristled as he ran, fluffed up, ears pricked, his paws stretching forward in longer strides each bound he took, running faster and faster, dodging trees and bushes. Of course, Foxthorn was thinking of pranks. Stuff he could do. Stuff some fresh-kill with the traveling herbs growing outside of camp? Or, maybe stuff fresh-kill with catmint? That made cats go crazy! Or perhaps he could stuff the prey with berries. That dyed cat's mouths different colors for a while, until they washed it off again, but it took alot of washing to get berry juice out of their fur. Of course, Foxthorn would never use poisonous berries. And he'd been in the pranking business long enough to know which ones were poisonous.

The Tom chuckled as he ran, reminding himself to stay alert. But his thoughts continued to trail, thinking of the possible pranks he could pull. The berry thing seemed like a good idea. He had some stashed behind his nest. But he did wanna stay out for a while longer. Maybe he could find some catmint. There was always some of that growing next to the fences near the twolegplace. Then again, traveling herbs were closer. Foxthorn's mind spun, thinking as he ran, which direction to go. What about poppy seeds? Of course, he'd only put two in one piece of fresh-kill. Foxthorn wasn't a medicine cat, but he wasn't completely stupid. More than two could do some serious damage to a cat. But only two could put them to sleep. Maybe he'd find some of those and stuff two in a few pieces of fresh-kill. Of course, he wasn't sure where they grew. Maybe camint was a better idea... Foxthorn was so caught up in his own thoughts, he wasn't even watching where he was running anymore. The possibilities were endless.

( @AbsurdJinx )
Flareheart had been stalking prey, a gaunt squirrel who searched the ground for food to store for leaf-bare. He hadn't been very lucky when it came to finding prey. The seasons were changing, the air around them dropping in temperature and bunches of leaves falling from the branches of trees. It seemed that prey were reenacting their life during leaf-bare, as if Flareheart had forgotten what harsh times those moons were. He could find prey - that wasn't much of an issue. He found at least two pieces of prey in each hunting session, but it was a matter of catching them. Prey seemed to become much more alert and cautious, making them even more challenging to catch... Almost like they knew his every move.

The tortoiseshell tom was distracted by the crashing of undergrowth. The squirrel also noticed the ruckus, its body straightening and its head sharply turning towards the source of the sound. And then it escaped up a tree, its bushy tail streaming behind it. Flareheart growled in frustration before letting all his focus fall on whatever caused him to lose his prey. Ears swiveling, whiskers twitching, nose wrinkling, and eyes searching. He came to the conclusion that he had nothing to fear - whatever was racing towards him was peaceful.

He stood, waiting for the source of the sounds to slow to a stop before him. Unfortunately for Flareheart, they didn't slow down. He realized this too late, when a red feline crashed into his flank. Flareheart yelped in surprise, instinctively wrapping his forearms tightly around his clanmate as they rolled on the ground together. When the timing was right, Flareheart used the other cat's body to launch himself from the rolling mess. He found safety about a fox-length away, shaking out his pelt and looking over his shoulder to watch the tom roll to a halt.
Old September 30th, 2017, 04:40 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
“You’re already showing immediate improvement.” Flintheart praised the apprentice with a softened smile, “Your balance and accuracy is becoming much better.” The male knew that some of these moves were often used in a rather violent final resort, but Ebonypaw should at least be educated with them, so that he can be prepared one day in case they are called into battle. His ears flattened for a moment as he thought about seeing the younger male in a fight, especially with an opponent bigger than him. He shook his head, was he really showing concern towards the youth? Flintheart forbid himself to grow soft and closer than needed, knowing that he was destined for solitude or maybe even greater things - he was unsure what Starclan had in store for him down the line. The mentor gave a nod to the apprentice’s words, mentioning that he could go through with this move. “Alright then.” The Burmilla said, standing up and padding over to a spot a few tail-lengths away from Ebonypaw, facing the dark-furred male and readying a stance to charge forward. “Just tell me when you are ready, remember - claws unsheathed.” He reminded him, knowing that one little slip-up could cost another dearly. When he was younger, he had seen an apprentice get injured rather severely during training when sparring with another apprentice that has forgotten to put away his claws.
"Thank you." Ebonypaw mewed, dipping his head with respect at the compliment. His tail swayed. A swell of pride formed in his chest as his mentor complimented his accuracy and balance. His claws were tucked away, as to not hurt his mentor on accident. He knew the basics of training, keep your claws away, and listen closely to your mentor for instructions. Those were simple things to follow, actually. His tail flicked, his paws planted in place as he wondered if he would do as well in a real fight, against a warrior two times his size. He swallowed his dread, he was strong. He was fierce. Though he felt the pit of dread settle in his stomach. Ebonypaw swallowed, his gaze losing its glint of fear. He replaced it with determination. He needed to be strong during training, to impress Flintheart. He wondered if they'd still be close when he became a warrior. He sort of hoped so, deep down. He took a deep breath, his claws remaining sheathed. He readied himself, his dark pelt smooth against his frame. The Turkish Angora chewed his lip, nervousness in his gaze as he watched his mentor. He pushed it away, however. It was useless to be nervous, this was just training, he'd learn from this. "Alright.." he mewed. He steadied himself, ready to do the move. He gave a little nod. "Ready." He told his mentor, his gaze determined. Ebonypaw waited patiently, his tail lashing, his gaze was locked on Flintheart, never leaving the Burmilla tom. He was waiting, excited to prove he could do the attack correctly.
Old September 30th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
"Thank you." Ebonypaw mewed, dipping his head with respect at the compliment. His tail swayed. A swell of pride formed in his chest as his mentor complimented his accuracy and balance. His claws were tucked away, as to not hurt his mentor on accident. He knew the basics of training, keep your claws away, and listen closely to your mentor for instructions. Those were simple things to follow, actually. His tail flicked, his paws planted in place as he wondered if he would do as well in a real fight, against a warrior two times his size. He swallowed his dread, he was strong. He was fierce. Though he felt the pit of dread settle in his stomach. Ebonypaw swallowed, his gaze losing its glint of fear. He replaced it with determination. He needed to be strong during training, to impress Flintheart. He wondered if they'd still be close when he became a warrior. He sort of hoped so, deep down. He took a deep breath, his claws remaining sheathed. He readied himself, his dark pelt smooth against his frame. The Turkish Angora chewed his lip, nervousness in his gaze as he watched his mentor. He pushed it away, however. It was useless to be nervous, this was just training, he'd learn from this. "Alright.." he mewed. He steadied himself, ready to do the move. He gave a little nod. "Ready." He told his mentor, his gaze determined. Ebonypaw waited patiently, his tail lashing, his gaze was locked on Flintheart, never leaving the Burmilla tom. He was waiting, excited to prove he could do the attack correctly.
Flintheart had this gaze fixed upon the smaller male for a moment, his eyes narrowing slightly as his claws stunk into the loose dirt. There was a moment of complete silence between them before the Burmilla pushed himself forward, his grip in the dirt helping him as he ran towards the apprentice with dust stirring up behind him, inches before the mentor collided with the younger male, he launched his body into the air. He closed his eyes, loving the feeling of the wind in his shortened fur as he glided through the space and over Ebonypaw, aiming to land behind the apprentice and not actually onto him. All he needed to do was practice a belly-slash without actually using his sharp claws, of course. It would aid him in battle someday, it was certain.
Old September 30th, 2017, 05:08 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
Flintheart had this gaze fixed upon the smaller male for a moment, his eyes narrowing slightly as his claws stunk into the loose dirt. There was a moment of complete silence between them before the Burmilla pushed himself forward, his grip in the dirt helping him as he ran towards the apprentice with dust stirring up behind him, inches before the mentor collided with the younger male, he launched his body into the air. He closed his eyes, loving the feeling of the wind in his shortened fur as he glided through the space and over Ebonypaw, aiming to land behind the apprentice and not actually onto him. All he needed to do was practice a belly-slash without actually using his sharp claws, of course. It would aid him in battle someday, it was certain.
Ebonypaw watched his mentor, his tail swaying as he readied his paws. The silence was intimidating, and his fur bristled slightly. He kept his eye on his mentor, not flinching. He swallowed, wanting to succeed. He swung up his paw ,gaining a bit of height by lifting himself slightly off his paws, and it brushed Flintheart's underbelly. A smile formed on his face as he turned to his mentor, his eyes glowing with accomplishment. His pelt was ruffled, his eyes were glowing with pride. "Did I do it right?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. He hoped he had. Ebonypaw hated failing, he didn't like to be a failure in the eyes of others. Nobody did, but he took it especially harshly. He waited in the silence, his paws planted in the dirt as he tensely waited for his mentors reply.
Old September 30th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Idjit

My Mood: Adorable

@CandyFlossCat

Pathfinder padded beside Ivorypaw as they headed out if camp. "What do you think we'll find while hunting?", he asked. "I think we'll find some mice or squirrels.", the ginger and white tom said.

Profile Picture by @benrito

Signature GIF: https://media.giphy.com/media/bVuDlIxG65K8w/giphy.gif
Old September 30th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Ebonypaw watched his mentor, his tail swaying as he readied his paws. The silence was intimidating, and his fur bristled slightly. He kept his eye on his mentor, not flinching. He swallowed, wanting to succeed. He swung up his paw ,gaining a bit of height by lifting himself slightly off his paws, and it brushed Flintheart's underbelly. A smile formed on his face as he turned to his mentor, his eyes glowing with accomplishment. His pelt was ruffled, his eyes were glowing with pride. "Did I do it right?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. He hoped he had. Ebonypaw hated failing, he didn't like to be a failure in the eyes of others. Nobody did, but he took it especially harshly. He waited in the silence, his paws planted in the dirt as he tensely waited for his mentors reply.
As the older male flew through the air, he could feel the apprentice’s paw brush across his softened underbelly for a few seconds before he touched back onto the ground behind the smaller male. He turned back to Ebonypaw with a softened smile on his maw as he nodded to his student’s nervous question, tense about knowing how he did, of course. “You did the move perfectly, young one. I am proud of you.” Flintheart said with a purr rumbling in his throat without him even noticing. The male had not purred in a very long time, yet he felt pride and respect towards this dark-furred apprentice that stood before him. “I believe that you have mastered this move as well as the one before it.” He mentioned, his eyes flickering to the sky from outside the training hollow - the hue was a lightened orange, symbolizing the beginning of dusk. “Would you like to do another move before this session is done today or would you like to head to your den now?” He said, giving Ebonypaw a choice of where they would go now. He did not want to get the apprentice to the point of exhaustion, to which he would even pass out, like his mentor had done to him.
Old September 30th, 2017, 05:58 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Flames View Post
@CandyFlossCat

Pathfinder padded beside Ivorypaw as they headed out if camp. "What do you think we'll find while hunting?", he asked. "I think we'll find some mice or squirrels.", the ginger and white tom said.
Ivorypaw thought, parting her jaws slightly. Scents bathed her tongue, a faint squirrel and shrew scent in the distance. "Perhaps shrew, maybe squirrel or mouse." She mewed, going off the very distant, but fresh, scents she'd smelled.
Old September 30th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Idjit

My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Ivorypaw thought, parting her jaws slightly. Scents bathed her tongue, a faint squirrel and shrew scent in the distance. "Perhaps shrew, maybe squirrel or mouse." She mewed, going off the very distant, but fresh, scents she'd smelled.
"Mmhm. I see..", Pathfinder narrowed his eyes as he guessed thst Ivorypaw had scented something. "So? Are you just going to stand there all day, or are you going to go and find something to hunt.", he teased, purring with amusement.

Profile Picture by @benrito

Signature GIF: https://media.giphy.com/media/bVuDlIxG65K8w/giphy.gif
Old September 30th, 2017, 07:04 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Flames View Post
"Mmhm. I see..", Pathfinder narrowed his eyes as he guessed thst Ivorypaw had scented something. "So? Are you just going to stand there all day, or are you going to go and find something to hunt.", he teased, purring with amusement.
"Oh! Right." Ivorypaw giggled, her ears pricked as she scented the air. She smelled mouse in a few bushes, flicking her tail. She crouched, sneaking up on the small white creature as it walked, obliviously, away from Ivorypaw. She leaped, pinning the small creature. She killed it quickly, turning to Pathfinder with it in her jaws. She dug a little hole, plopping it in and burying it below a little mound to remember where it was.