Last post by Amberlight
Today 04:49 PM

Old November 23rd, 2021, 06:34 PM
~/Positive Vibes\~

My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

[Open]

~Mallardstep~

He sat by the creek watching it flow by lazily and idly flicking his tail once and a while. He had been sent out to hunt, but hadn’t caught a thing so far. He turned his eyes slowly up the the sky and stretched his jaws in a long yawn. It’s too hot for hunting. He thought as he lowered himself to lay down. Besides why ruin such a beautiful day with exercise?

Eaglekit: A hyper and friendly Thunderclan kit.
Lavendersnap: A polite and quiet Windclan elder
Mallardstep: A lazy and even tempered Thunderclan warrior
Dragonflyfrond: An anxious and quiet Riverclan warrior
Hummingbirdkit: A sickly and gentle Shadowclan kit

I’m back from hiatus bump me mercilessly if I don’t respond! I may have forgotten.

~Warning: I write from my character’s perspective. Misunderstandings will be had, assumptions will be made~
Old November 23rd, 2021, 10:37 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post
--Clearlight--

Clearlight opened her eyes, blinking, and letting her eyes adjust to the light. A cat stood there, apprentice aged, maybe? And she said her name was Cloverpaw, so she was an apprentice.

"Of course I don't mind," Clearlight said warmly, sitting up, "and I don't mind talkative cats either. It's good to let cats tell their stories."

Clearlight yawned, settling back down again. "I'm Clearlight, by the way. I'm still pretty new as well. Why'd you join?" She asked, looking up at Cloverpaw.

-->Cloverpaw<--
After hearing she was fine to hang out she sat down, wrapping her half tail around her three paws. Her eye scanned the scenery. It was really pretty here. Might even be her new favorite spot. Yeah most definitely. Flickering her ear she turned her head to the older she-cat.

"It's really pretty here. Nice and calming.", she meowed. Cloverpaw never had been anywhere as peaceful as this. Not when her mother had always made sure she was alright. She had never been able to do anything on her own. Now here she was. She made it here by herself with no problems. Even with only three legs.

Cloverpaw remembered why she joined Thunderclan. Who wouldn't? The clan sounded nice even though learning to climb a tree was going to be a bit difficult. She hadn't tried it though, so it might not be that hard. "I wanted to show to cats what I can do. As you can tell lots of me is missing. I was born with only three legs, one ear, and half a tail. My closed eye was due to an infection. I'm really good at hunting and I can move just as fast as any cat", she responded. Cloverpaw didn't let her deformities stop her.

Barleypaw is my main and only character and is currently a Windclan Apprentice if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for. If you do just mention me in a post no need to ask and I'll reply whenever I can. Also if its a plot vm me what it is, so I'm not confused.

Old November 24th, 2021, 08:44 AM
Watch the world go by...

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post

-->Cloverpaw<--
After hearing she was fine to hang out she sat down, wrapping her half tail around her three paws. Her eye scanned the scenery. It was really pretty here. Might even be her new favorite spot. Yeah most definitely. Flickering her ear she turned her head to the older she-cat.

"It's really pretty here. Nice and calming.", she meowed. Cloverpaw never had been anywhere as peaceful as this. Not when her mother had always made sure she was alright. She had never been able to do anything on her own. Now here she was. She made it here by herself with no problems. Even with only three legs.

Cloverpaw remembered why she joined Thunderclan. Who wouldn't? The clan sounded nice even though learning to climb a tree was going to be a bit difficult. She hadn't tried it though, so it might not be that hard. "I wanted to show to cats what I can do. As you can tell lots of me is missing. I was born with only three legs, one ear, and half a tail. My closed eye was due to an infection. I'm really good at hunting and I can move just as fast as any cat", she responded. Cloverpaw didn't let her deformities stop her.
--Clearlight--

Clearlight resisted the urge to shuffle her paws in embarrassment. It seemed every cat around here, including this one, knew how to hunt. So why didn't she? Clearlight was really regretting not asking her mate to teach her. Now she was paying for her overlook over what she thought wasn't a useful skill.

"That's wonderful! I hope you really inspire people." Clearlight said, genuinely happy for Cloverpaw. "Even I don't know how to hunt, so maybe you could teach me later."

Clearlight never liked the thought of killing anything, even for food, but hopefully she could get over that soon. It was a vital part of Clan life, and even thought she was a queen, she should still learn it.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Clearlight | Daykit | Nightkit | Rainburst
Brittleshore | Slatefrost | Molly | Revel
•-----------------------⋅☾☼☽⋅-----------------------•
Old November 26th, 2021, 06:23 PM
dont try to wake me

The sun always set early for the later half of leaf-fall, but in the dusk hours when golden rays changed into purple haze, Nectarflame frequents the wood.

The regal Bengal prowls along the creek now in the murky twilight, eyeing the treeline. Her head hung low, eyes hooded and dark. Her long tendril of a tail did not quite drag along the ground, but it certainly seemed to always be a hair over it. She is alone, of course, but hunts performed in solitude were preferable anyway. They brought forth introspection and ideas that did not often touch down among company. How was ThunderClan to survive the oncoming leafbare? Had Aspenstar and Dogbark prepared their Clan adequately?

The real burden remained on the shoulders of the warriors though, as tiresome as it was to admit. Nectarflame hunted, and her Clanmates ate. And despite not having organized patrols for over three entire full moon cycles now, she walked the borders sometimes as well. These things had to be done, and not waited for. The state of her Clan still brought questions to her mind, nevertheless.

Slowing her pace suddenly, the warrior notes her surroundings once more. Every several fox-lengths she would pause to taste the air and reflect on the forest surrounding her. Now, she notices the faint scent of a shrew. Funny creatures, all but disappearing come the frost. If only she were better equipped for burrowing, perhaps then the Clan would see more prey where they struggled in the past. Following the thin scent trail to its source, Nectarflame studies the rodent in its peaceful state. Foragers, they were. Just like the other rodents around these woods. But making energy out of living creatures such as shrews and mice and birds was so much better than any sort of life led feeding off of slop and pellets. A distant memory, the lightest kiss of a dream-like place, surfaces in the cat's mind for a heartbeat. But it lingered for only this heartbeat and no longer- For, she had a shrew to catch.

Hindquarters poised effortlessly, and the springing lunge at her prey happens as quickly as a coiled snake would attack an unsuspecting victim. The shrew shrieks pitifully as Nectarflame snaps its neck, but the process concludes there.

While glad for the prey just now caught, there was more than one mouth to fill tonight, and Nectarflame was only one cat. She buries her kill nearby and goes on, returning to her prowl.
you may remind me after a few days
to reply if you have sent me a message or a post.
Old November 27th, 2021, 12:59 AM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Cindersky
As it came to light that Flamelight was okay and not seriously injured, Cindersky couldn't hide her amusement at the whole situation. Who knew ThunderClan cats could fly? Well... they still couldn't but her companion had certainly given it his best shot! There was no judgement, eyes void of any harsh reprimands. Any cat would've had difficulty with such a catch - another reason she preferred to have all four paws remain on the ground. "For a second I sure thought you might just take flight with the bird itself!" All in good fun, Cindersky smiled at the younger warrior.

It was sizing up to be a successful hunt, piece of the prey that could be added to a sorely lacking prey pile. And with leaf-bare well on its way, that would only be a good thing, regardless of how they were caught. A meal was a meal, no matter size, shape, or lack of feathers.

There were no open wounds on Flamelight's back, but Cindersky had taken a tumble or two in her life - tomorrrow was not going to be a good day for the young warrior. "We may not have... Icicleripple with us anymore," a beat, grief shrouding blue hues before a subtle cracked voice continued, "but I'm sure there's some poppy seeds left over in her den to help manage that pain." Another warm smile sent his way.

"Besides," Cindersky continued, pushing out a quick exhale, "I think your fall scared away the rest of the prey." The gray furred molly observed as blue eyes swept the creek. No scents came to her other than that of herself and Flamelight, and any paws scuttling along the forest floor had been silenced by the commotion just moments earlier. Swooping her head down, Cindersky snatched up her mouse and turned to look at Flamelight. Her head nodded in the direction of camp, as if to ask if they should head back.

@Kyrkeknight

"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum

Old November 27th, 2021, 09:11 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulle View Post
Cindersky
As it came to light that Flamelight was okay and not seriously injured, Cindersky couldn't hide her amusement at the whole situation. Who knew ThunderClan cats could fly? Well... they still couldn't but her companion had certainly given it his best shot! There was no judgement, eyes void of any harsh reprimands. Any cat would've had difficulty with such a catch - another reason she preferred to have all four paws remain on the ground. "For a second I sure thought you might just take flight with the bird itself!" All in good fun, Cindersky smiled at the younger warrior.

It was sizing up to be a successful hunt, piece of the prey that could be added to a sorely lacking prey pile. And with leaf-bare well on its way, that would only be a good thing, regardless of how they were caught. A meal was a meal, no matter size, shape, or lack of feathers.

There were no open wounds on Flamelight's back, but Cindersky had taken a tumble or two in her life - tomorrrow was not going to be a good day for the young warrior. "We may not have... Icicleripple with us anymore," a beat, grief shrouding blue hues before a subtle cracked voice continued, "but I'm sure there's some poppy seeds left over in her den to help manage that pain." Another warm smile sent his way.

"Besides," Cindersky continued, pushing out a quick exhale, "I think your fall scared away the rest of the prey." The gray furred molly observed as blue eyes swept the creek. No scents came to her other than that of herself and Flamelight, and any paws scuttling along the forest floor had been silenced by the commotion just moments earlier. Swooping her head down, Cindersky snatched up her mouse and turned to look at Flamelight. Her head nodded in the direction of camp, as if to ask if they should head back.

@Kyrkeknight
(Sorry! Didn't get a notification!)

Flamelight grinned at the little joke Cindersky made. "I'm sure the dead bird was much more graceful than I was," he snickered, glaring at the defeathered animal. As much as he had embarrassed himself, Cindersky didn't seem to be too judgemental, easing the tortie slightly. And they even got some prey!

Flamelight's eyes flickered with sadness when Cindersky mentioned Icicleripple-gone far too soon-and the poppy seeds, but he shook his head and frowned. "No, save those for someone else," he meowed, brow furrowed. "Like a hurt queen, kit, or elder, not a warrior too dumb to keep his footing in mind. I'll live!"

And, of course, besides embarrassing himself, he'd now effectively warned the entire forest of their presence. Pelt burning hotly, Flamelight sighed quietly, muffling it with his pigeon and nodded at Cindersky. He was eager to get back and forget this mortifying hunt, though his new bruises seemed of protest and remind him of what tomorrow had in store. Oh, he was gonna be sore all over.

Bump me only after two days.

Old November 28th, 2021, 01:51 AM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Cindersky
In her mind, a catch was a catch no matter how it was executed, and what mattered most was that Flamelight had gotten the bird in the end. He seemed to think so as well, extracting a warm, prideful smile from the gray pelted she-cat. It was good that he didn't seem to get too hard on himself - at least from what she could tell. Every cat made mistakes, and if they didn't acknowledge it how could they move forward and do better next time?

At his rejection of the poppy seeds, Cindersky stifled a bubbling laugh. "You'll regret saying that tomorrow, I bet," she spoke around the small mouse-tail she held clamped in her jaws. Recalling some of her old tumbles, her muscles had been sore for days afterward, making everything from sitting to hunting to patrolling that much more difficult. But she understood his reasoning, and felt a stir of pride in her chest. She would've done the same thing; refused them in favor of them going to some cat with much more of a need for them.

"Let's head back. At least take a rest so that you don't strain yourself further," Cindersky offered, knowing full well that the young warrior would not like the suggestion. But maybe that's what needed to happen - a nice bruise to give his mind the lesson on what not to do when catching flying prey.

With that, gray paws made their way back across the dusty forest floor, tail waving behind and blue eyes shining bright.

@Kyrieknight (ah, apologies! i believe that was my fault, i spelt your username wrong. anyways, this was fun! they'll have to hunt again sometime!)

"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum

Old December 1st, 2021, 05:48 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post
--Clearlight--

Clearlight resisted the urge to shuffle her paws in embarrassment. It seemed every cat around here, including this one, knew how to hunt. So why didn't she? Clearlight was really regretting not asking her mate to teach her. Now she was paying for her overlook over what she thought wasn't a useful skill.

"That's wonderful! I hope you really inspire people." Clearlight said, genuinely happy for Cloverpaw. "Even I don't know how to hunt, so maybe you could teach me later."

Clearlight never liked the thought of killing anything, even for food, but hopefully she could get over that soon. It was a vital part of Clan life, and even thought she was a queen, she should still learn it.

-->Cloverpaw<--
It felt nice to talk to yet another cat of her clan that wasn't her mentor. She felt she belonged already. She did or she would never have been able to join. She might never be able to climb, but she was sure she'd at least try it. It was part of her training. She was nervous about that. If she wasn't able to climb would they kick her out? She hoped not/

"I hope so.", she meowed. "I could totally teach you how to hunt. It's so much fun. It helps contribute to the clan." She would seem smart to the other apprentices if she taught a grown cat something new. She'd be so popular.

Cloverpaw looked at the creek. Standing up she padded over to the water. She looked down, seeing her reflection for the first time ever. Her ears scrunched down and she looked away. She looked scary. Like she wasn't even a cat at all. Her mother had lied to her when she told her she was beautiful. Trying not to act depressed she moved back over to the queen. She went silent.

Barleypaw is my main and only character and is currently a Windclan Apprentice if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for. If you do just mention me in a post no need to ask and I'll reply whenever I can. Also if its a plot vm me what it is, so I'm not confused.

Old December 1st, 2021, 06:37 PM
Watch the world go by...

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post

-->Cloverpaw<--
It felt nice to talk to yet another cat of her clan that wasn't her mentor. She felt she belonged already. She did or she would never have been able to join. She might never be able to climb, but she was sure she'd at least try it. It was part of her training. She was nervous about that. If she wasn't able to climb would they kick her out? She hoped not/

"I hope so.", she meowed. "I could totally teach you how to hunt. It's so much fun. It helps contribute to the clan." She would seem smart to the other apprentices if she taught a grown cat something new. She'd be so popular.

Cloverpaw looked at the creek. Standing up she padded over to the water. She looked down, seeing her reflection for the first time ever. Her ears scrunched down and she looked away. She looked scary. Like she wasn't even a cat at all. Her mother had lied to her when she told her she was beautiful. Trying not to act depressed she moved back over to the queen. She went silent.
--Clearlight--

Clearlight beamed, her mood brightening. Of course, most cats wouldn't want to be coached by another cat, especially an apprentice, but Clearlight didn't mind. After all, rank really didn't matter much to her. She'd grown up without them, so to her, still, all cats were equal.

"That's wonderful!" Clearlight meowed. She then frowned in worry as Cloverpaw walked over to the stream and back. Cloverpaw's expression wasn't the happiest. "Are you alright?" Clearlight asked, her motherly instinct kicking in.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Clearlight | Daykit | Nightkit | Rainburst
Brittleshore | Slatefrost | Molly | Revel
•-----------------------⋅☾☼☽⋅-----------------------•
Old December 5th, 2021, 11:30 AM
dont try to wake me

[ @Shade. ]

Her breath clouds the air, a thin vapor vanishing moments after billowing out between slightly parted lips. Nectarflame wanted to hunt, and had decided to head out for some fresh air when she spotted a nearby apprentice in need of something to do. Not so much as asking Rosepaw as she had corralled the apprentice outside, the warrior brought a companion along. They were strangers for all intents and purposes, but the Bengal was in no mood for solitude.

[ hello crappy starting post how you doin ]
you may remind me after a few days
to reply if you have sent me a message or a post.