Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Seastones

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Dusklion
Deputy:
None
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Hiddenpaw Mentor Finder!
Last post by Rowan
Today 07:48 AM
Katty Krueger
Last post by Starphobia
Today 07:39 AM
[ p ] Evening Skies |...
by paedyn
Last post by Starphobia
Today 07:37 AM
A kits hidden home....
by Red'fur
Last post by Streamtail
Today 07:37 AM
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by Aroogi
Today 07:36 AM
Closed Thread

Old September 14th, 2022, 01:59 PM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

Default Re: September Gathering

a grouchy Deadflame hissed Angrily "idiot's! i'm surronded by Idiots!! would everyone just shut it! the bee brained idiot!"

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old September 14th, 2022, 05:22 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post
Snowypaw
WindClan

Feet still kneading the ground beneath him uneasily, a voice suddenly sounded nest to Snowypaw, making the apprentice almost leap in fright. Barely managing to control himself from emoting - although his eyes went wide enough to tell on him - he turned his head around, surprise making him blink in confusion. He had certainly not expected anyone else to approach him during the Gathering. The gentle giant had expected even less for it to be Specklepaw approaching him a second time, right after she had left, too. Had something happened? She seemed a bit distressed, and judging by her words, this was not something that had just popped up now.

A small frown of concern marred the young tom's face as he tilted his head questioningly. She was not happy? Could the idea of being surrounded by all of the cats from different clans during the night soured her day? She certainly seemed to be adamant to let him know that it was not his fault, making a small, guilt riddled butterfly make a cacophonous riot in his stomach. Had he accidentally made her day worse by apologizing? That was terrible, if that was the case! But what could he do about it? If he apologized again for his blunder, he might make her feel even worse! If only he had been more aware of her feelings, and asked the right questions, maybe she would be feeling better now.

Snowypaw's ears perked up at this thought. Perhaps he couldn't apologize to her, but he could certainly ask her if she wanted to talk about what was eating up at her to make her so unhappy. He opened his mouth lightly to formulate his thoughts, but was caught off guard by the question she asked before he could start. He blinked silently at Specklepaw for a moment, curious as to what had brought this up. Could her unhappiness have been brought upon by something to do with her family?

The large apprentice's brow furrowed in thought, wondering if there was even much to say about his own family when in reality, he just didn't know. He had no father that he knew of, his mother had never been present to his memory, and no nursery queen had even fostered him, all around preferring to focus on either their own kits or the kits they were already fostering. He couldn't really blame them. They really had their paws full at the nursery. The closest queen he had been to in the nursery had been Fireflame, and even she seemed to prefer having him keep his distance from her kits, he assumed because he was much older and larger than they.

This couldn't have always been the case, of course. Snowypaw knew as much. He must have at the very least had a molly who fed him milk, but with his memory from before he was two moons old a hazy mess in the best of days, he just couldn't remember. To add to that, when he tried to think of any cat whom we would call "mom", the only cat that came to mind was Deadmoon. His mentor would surely shred his ears if he ever admitted to that out loud, though. Sure, they got along, and certainly she was more than patient, but he was certain that was a line of familiarity he could never cross.

The patched tom turned his focus back on Specklepaw before shaking his head in answer. There really was no reason to bog her down with the more pointless details that had cluttered his thoughts, as her question was one that a simple yes or no would suffice in. Or at least... he hoped that's what she had been looking for in response. The last thing he needed was to further offend his poor denmate. This done, Snowypaw tilted his head questioningly once more, a look of concern crossing his features as he finally spoke. "I-is that what has had you unhappy all day? Did something happen to your family?" he asked in a worried tone. He knew Specklepaw had not been born to WindClan, but outside of that, he knew precious little about her. Perhaps she was still in communication with her family, and something bad had happened? Or... perhaps she hadn't heard about her family at all? Ears perked up, he really hoped he had misread the situation. This was one of those moments were he would prefer to be called rude than to have his denmate suffer over circumstances outside of their control.

-

@DreamDaze

Specklepaw
She/Her

Specklepaw examined her small brown paws, as she waited for a response. The stars in the sky seemed to be glowering at her for her mistake in creating conversation, so staring down seemed the only way to avoid their cruel, accusing shine. She relaxed a bit, knowing Snowypaw’s response couldn’t be too bad, Though once one came, her heart filled with dread. Oh shoot- he had to ask! Wh- what was she supposed to… what was she even supposed to say? She swallowed, and the true answer flooded into her mind like a tsunami. She swayed, and pressed her paws harder against the ground, as her old friends’ laughing and smiles flashed past.

She felt some sweat clot up around her ears, and looked back up at Snowypaw. What was the point of keeping any secrets from the Tom? Why shouldn’t anyone know? Surely she had only ever wanted to avoid the conversation… She nodded. “Before- Before I came to WindClan. There were four little brothers- and one sister.” She spoke, shakily.

What would he say? Was she making him uncomfortable? She sure was making herself uncomfortable. Well, at least Snowypaw hadn’t yet seen her reaction to lightning… that was so embarrassing. As each family member and their fate took turns bobbing around her brain, her fur rose.
She was overwhelming herself. And she knew it, but it was kind of hard to stop. It was disrespectful to her mother and siblings to stop mourning, right?

The Bengal Molly felt her eyes burning, almost watering. She looked straight down and shut them for a few moments. She took a silent deep breath, and opened them again. She looked up, and awaited Snowypaw’s response- if one was to come.

@Alchemist Kitsune
(Late reply ahhhh)

I have left WCO due to recovery purposes. For more detail, consider checking my last visitor message on my profile, and if it ever gets buried beneath anything else, feel free to repost it. With that said, I wish the best for this site and everybody involved, so stay as happy and healthy as you can, everyone.

Old September 14th, 2022, 06:11 PM

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven~ View Post
Larkstorm nodded in agreement. “I suppose you would think that warriors would get proper upbringing.” She was about to add in but what would you expect from a RiverClan cat? But quickly threw that thought out of her mind. It was a rude thought, and Feathersprirt was a really nice cat. “WindClan seems to be doing well,” Larkstorm remarked. Her tail tip twitched with annoyance when Twilightstar announced that Aspenstrike, Shiningskies and Ivypaw had joined WindClan. Traitors. Larkstorm couldn’t believe that the three of them would leave ThunderClan. “At least Rootstripe was forced to leave RiverClan,” Larkstorm muttered.

Featherspirit nods in agreement "yes I can totally agree that Windclan is doing well for themselves." and felt bad that her friends clan mates joined Windclan. "Hopefully everything can go well and everyone not fight anymore." She mews softly.

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC

Old September 14th, 2022, 07:21 PM
Girlllllllll, I tired ;-;

My Mood: Spooky

Exclamation Re: September Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay'Fluff View Post
He purred slightly at the exchange between mother and kit, grinning softly. "Well, you should be protective. That's what parents do." He mewed, looking at Fogshadow. "I like her, she's fun." He mouthed back, smiling at them in amusement.
Fogshadow couldn't help it but giggle at his response, somehow this odd cat wasn't intimidated by their mother. Where had the very anxious cat they'd met gone? They weren't complaining, fair. They just missed that day a little. "Hey! What're you laughing about, you lil scamp?!", Mistyflight affectionately bumped their shoulder with her's. "Mommmmmmmmmmmm, stopppppppp", Fogshadow groaned.
Windclan- Silverleap(adopt him please)
Shadowclan-Fogshadow, Mistyflight, Juniperpaw
Old September 14th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Snowypaw
WindClan

All it took was Specklepaw's instant recoil of a reaction to let Snowypaw that he had not asked the right thing. A few choice words bombarded in his head as he swore at himself and how he had placed his companion in such an uncomfortable predicament. Maybe it would have been better if she would have gone off to sit by herself? He certainly wouldn't have been able to make her this tense if that had been the case.

Her paws digging themselves so deep in the ground they seemed to be leaving little divots in their wake, Snowypaw flattened his ears, humiliation washing over him with every single physical reaction Specklepaw made. He waited patiently for her to finally lash out at him. Tell him he had crossed a line. That she never wanted to see him again. Anything would be better than the almost painful storm of distress that rumbled in her eyes, tearing streaks of lightning down her hackles as dread leaked through. The large tom wondered if there was something - anything really - that he could do or say at this point to make her feel anything other than this turbulence of emotions... and then she spoke.

Her words were shaky, as if she had to struggle just to get a grip on them. It was a small remark, but one that Snowypaw knew held much more meaning than one could gleam simply hearing the words instead of properly listening to them. Were. Past tense. Between her obvious anguish and her choice of words, Snowypaw dreaded the worst. As the leaders kept giving their updates on the clans, the gentle giant couldn't help but ignore them, instead fighting his instincts to press his side against Specklepaw's comfortingly, let her know that it was okay, and that he would do everything in his power to ensure she never felt anything like what she had obviously experienced ever again.

A small frown crossed the patched tom's face at this thought, knowing full well those would be empty words. No matter how much he meant them, he would be promising something he would have little to no control over. Seemed like a good way to set her up for further disappointment down the line, and Snowypaw just couldn't bring himself to do that to the kind apprentice.

Staying quiet for a moment, his focus drowning out the sounds of cats once more yowling in the background - another fight no doubt breaking out in the Gathering - he settled on the only thing he could do. Staring up at the stars momentarily, he sent a silent prayer that he wasn't crossing the line once more. Feathery tail lifting, he gently wrapped it around Specklepaw as he shuffled a hair closer to her, a small, quiet gesture that he hoped would both convey support as well as let her know he was there for her, even if what he could offer was his less than stellar presence and words for now. It wasn't much, but if it was all he can offer to make up for his blunder and making her feel such agony, then by the stars he would give what he could!

"It-it's all right. I'm s-sorry. I shouldn't have asked," he whispered softly, afraid that speaking any louder might sound as though he were demanding of the spotted molly. "You don't owe me an explanation. W-when you are r-ready to talk about them, I'll be here for you." The large tom was rarely if ever so forward in offering his friendship in such open a fashion. It seemed like such a small, preposterously insignificant thing to present to another cat. But with Specklepaw looking so lonely and defeated as she currently did, he hoped that just this once - if even for just until she felt better - it would be enough.

-

@DreamDaze

// It's all good! \\

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old September 14th, 2022, 11:51 PM

My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdkWhatToPutHere View Post
Fogshadow couldn't help it but giggle at his response, somehow this odd cat wasn't intimidated by their mother. Where had the very anxious cat they'd met gone? They weren't complaining, fair. They just missed that day a little. "Hey! What're you laughing about, you lil scamp?!", Mistyflight affectionately bumped their shoulder with her's. "Mommmmmmmmmmmm, stopppppppp", Fogshadow groaned.
He smiled, tilting his head, although a small part of him missed that he didn't get to know his mother very well. All the fights clans do and all... it scared him as a kit and still to this day. He looked at the two of cats, a small purr rising. They both seemed really fun, and he hoped he'd get to know them better someday.
Old September 15th, 2022, 05:12 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

There was no such thing as a normal Gathering. In fact, a normal Gathering would be unusual. This was the new normal. Cats were yelling at each other, some Outsiders showed up at some point... Ivysnake didn't have it in her to care. Things were so messy right now, and at some point, she'd have to take things into her own paws. But right now, all she could think about was how pathetic the other Clans - specifically ThunderClan and RiverClan - were. The dark brown tabby looked at Dawnstar as her glorious leader began to talk, giving ShadowClan's announcements. She was... surprisingly open about ShadowClan's troubles. Listing deaths was normal, and Twolegs were an enemy that couldn't be fought, but the way she spoke made Ivysnake's short fur prick slightly. The medicine cat apprentice forced it to smooth. Dawnstar had good reasoning for being entirely open about it, and if anyone doubted ShadowClan's strength, Ivysnake would claw their muzzles off.

Dawnstar talked about the plethora of new apprentices and joining Outsiders before stepping back. Yes, we will recover shortly. Ivysnake's sharp, piercing amber eyes scanned the crowd, daring anyone to think ShadowClan was in any way weak. She overheard Fallownose talking about some stuff that didn't interest her before a yelling cat stole her attention. Ivysnake turned her head to see a fluffy brown tabby making a scene. Wasn't that the cat who had been yelling earlier? She hadn't heard much of it. Ivysnake rolled her eyes. Oh, and some other cat was going off of the brown tabby's words and starting an argument. Not her business.

As yowling broke out, mainly among some apprentices - Ivysnake overheard that RiverClan's new medicine cat was Fawnpaw - she tuned out and focused on the deputies and medicine cats. Rosepaw detached herself from the other medicine cats and vanished into the crowd. Ivysnake would've wondered what her problem was if she cared. The new RiverClan leader spoke. Pikestar, right? She'd overheard some cats - specifically the brown tabby, apparently named Rootstripe - referring to him as such. So, he wasn't Snowstar. Interesting. Kind of. Once again, Ivysnake didn't care much. She was just here because it was mandatory - she was a medicine cat apprentice - and since it would be useful to hear what was happening in the other Clans.

Pikestar apologized for the stupid warrior and promised not to tolerate any dung like Rootstripe, or perhaps Rootkit. Okay, at least he didn't tolerate fools. But why should he apologize? Was he that bad at keeping his cats under control? Hopefully he didn't last less than a few moons. Ivysnake's attention was taken by Fawnpaw, RiverClan's medicine cat, who was replying to her greeting. The black-striped tabby gave a small nod, not caring much for the she-cat's weak, sheepish attitude. "I'm Ivysnake, the medicine cat apprentice of ShadowClan," she meowed in her monotone, slightly harsh voice. And then... Fawnpaw gestured to a shell. That was for her? Ivysnake frowned at it and picked the shell up. It was a fragile thing, something that she hardly cared about.

A gift? Was it a peace offering? Ivysnake placed it on the ground, none too gently, but not roughly enough to break it. "What's the point of the shell?" she asked, her eyes narrowing slightly at it. Giving gifts... why would Fawnpaw do that? It wasn't like it could help her learn herbs. "Elmshadow and I don't need a shell. We could, however, use some herb knowledge." Ivysnake forgot about the shell as she glanced around the other medicine cats, missing Fawnpaw's attempt to catch her eye and the way the dappled light brown she-cat reacted to Rootstripe's words.

There was Elmshadow. Ivysnake nodded once at him before returning her attention to whatever deserved attention. Her sleek tail swished behind her as she put it into a better position, knocking Fawnpaw's shell into the pebbles. That reminded her about it. The black-striped tabby didn't care, but she pointed at it and meowed to Elmshadow, "Fawnpaw gave us the shell. I don't know if it's a peace offering or if it's useful in some way, but it just looks like a shell to me. We can leave it here; it's not like we need it." Oh, Fawnpaw had beat her to it, but her words stood true. She also offered her sympathy for the issue with the Twolegs, but Ivysnake barely twitched an ear. "ShadowClan's dealing with it just fine," she told the younger medicine cat.

Cowpaw caught her attention. The huge tom had pushed a poppy flower toward her. Ivysnake nodded at him. "Thank you." She took it and drew it closer between her and where Elmshadow was going to sit. Then there was another one. Cowpaw was making paw symbols; Ivysnake was going to ask him if he could teach her at some point. Actually, now that he was done talking - and gawking at the shell like an immature kit - Ivysnake decided to speak to him. "So, I notice that you use paw language. My deaf apprentice, Centipedepaw, also uses something like that, but the symbols are different - there's more emphasis on certain gestures. Maybe, at one of the medicine cat meetings that apparently happen but which I haven't heard of in a while, you could teach me."

Ivysnake looked around her fellow medicine cats. "It seems like many of us have been appointed and lack mentors. Perhaps we should set up a meeting where we go over herbs and learn more about them." It wasn't weakness; simply, it was suggesting a way to learn more herbs. And connect a bit more with the other medicine cats. Ivysnake didn't give a frog's foot about the other Clans unless it concerned ShadowClan, but medicine cats were supposed to have a bit of a connection or whatever.

Twilightstar made her announcements. Some deaths, a bunch of new apprentices, taking in some cats from ThunderClan... As a kit, Ivysnake had always been told about how weak WindClan was, but the last battle at the Sky Glade had proven their strength. She didn't blame Ivypaw and Shiningskies for leaving ThunderClan, although the tall tabby had to admit, they had been improving under Cinderstar's leadership. Let's see if Sparrowstar lasts for more than a moon. Also, breaking a truce... Ivysnake, once again, didn't care. She focused on her fellow medicine cats, awaiting an answer. Ivysnake didn't have time for whatever discussion and argument were breaking out over Shiningskies. And ThunderClan announcements. Cindersky stepped down and died - so she wasn't up to the task of trying to fix her pathetic Clan despite how she'd seemed last time - new ranks, pesky Outsiders, nothing that would really interest Ivysnake.

@birdie @Ravensong @x ghostie @Shade.

Want a short story written for you? Click this link!
Old September 16th, 2022, 01:03 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

== > WORMBITE | RIVERCLAN | @FlowerBoy
- the dark lord x he/him x black oriental with white speckles

Someone calls his name and Wormbite hunkers down closer towards the soil, if he did not move, he did not exist. If he did not move, he did not exist. He could ... not understand but, knew it was a common reason for those to see an uncomfortable clanmate and come to distract them, but the issue was Wormbite did not work like that. Distractions only made him more uncomfortable as he did not enjoy feeling vulnerable to others. However, the Dark Lord was more willing to communicate with someone familiar than a stranger. And not a terrifying child.

Wormbite slowly turns his head in the direction of Shimmerdawn's voice, letting out a hmrgh in response at first. "... Existing, " was what he had decided on at first until she expressed, she had wanted the good stuff he was feeling. Well. "I do not like the feeling of sand, nor do I like crowds. I enjoy information but I am unable to process much due to the chaos and frankly, I have given up. I am not feeling any particularly good feeling. If you look close enough, I may be looking forward to the walk home. Otherwise, I do not know, " Wormbite slowly explained with a monotone voice. He wasn't... trying to be pessimistic but in all honesty, this was the best he could do.

Shimmerdawn was a good... focus point.

The tom shifted his position into a less slumped sitting posture, turning his head to actually look at the warrior even if it was useless due to his blind gaze. "And .. what good feelings would you be feeling?" He prompted, assuming Shimmerdawn had to be feeling some if she had asked the question.

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc

Last edited by wolfie; September 16th, 2022 at 01:03 AM.
Old September 16th, 2022, 01:18 AM
the stars told me–;

My Mood: Hungry

Shimmerdawn | @x ghostie
A brown tabby she-cat with a white neck and green eyes | She/Her | AMAB

As much as Wormbite could try to hide from her, the molly would always be able to find him, her gaze peering curiously into his own, or at least, trying to, though she knew he was blind. He said was… Existing? Shimmerdawn chuckled, akin to the sun on a snowy day; trying to reflect it’s light on everything. “Y’know, it’d be a shame if you weren’t,” The tabby laughed.

"I do not like the feeling of sand, nor do I like crowds. I enjoy information but I am unable to process much due to the chaos and frankly, I have given up. I am not feeling any particularly good feeling. If you look close enough, I may be looking forward to the walk home. Otherwise, I do not know, " Ah, okay, so he was quick to… open up? A bit of a pessimist, though Shimmerdawn didn’t mind. If anything, her smile grew wider. Maybe if she could be really happy, her happiness would become contagious, and the dark lord would smile once more… at least, for her.

“It’s good that you can recognise those feelings,” Shimmerdawn dipped her head in acknowledgment, though once raised, she’d tilt to the side in curiosity. Was it the events off the gathering that was bumming him out, or was it some other, perhaps internal, source? “You’re looking forward to going back home, which is good, because that means that you actually are feeling something that at least manages to be a little bit nice… that’s better than nothing, no?

She almost seemed surprised at Wormbite’s quick turnaround, projecting the question on to her, instead, though Shimmerdawn was prepared; a social butterfly; the life of the party, at least, in her humble opinion. "And .. what good feelings would you be feeling?" “I like the familiarity of talking to someone I know,” She hummed for a moment, thinking. “And being able to ignore whatever is going on with this gathering right now. You’re quite the intriguing type.” Perhaps little knickknacks like that could make Wormbite a bit more cheerful..!

HAWKKIT | CLOUDEDCRY | SHELLKIT | RIVERPAW | OWLBRANCH | SIREN

“ SHE MAKES ME GO WEAK IN THE KNEES ”

“ but i… can't let… her see… me swoon… ”
Old September 16th, 2022, 07:51 AM

My Mood: Stressed

|| Centipedepaw & Hornetpaw, feat. Flickerpaw | @birdie @jupiter /Open! ||
☠ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴄʜᴀʀᴄᴏᴀʟ ᴡ/ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴀᴛᴄʜᴇs | ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀᴍʙᴇʀ ᴇʏᴇs ☠
⋗ Dᴀʀᴋ ʀᴜssᴇᴛ ᴛᴀʙʙʏ | ᴛᴜʀǫᴜᴏɪsᴇ ᴇʏᴇs ᴡ/ ᴀ ʏᴇʟʟᴏᴡ ғʟᴀᴡ ⋖
【 Hᴇ/Hɪᴍ ♂ 】|【 Hᴇ/Hɪᴍ ♂ 】
✦ ᴍᴇɴᴛᴏʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɪᴠʏsɴᴀᴋᴇ ✦ | ᴍᴇɴᴛᴏʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴄᴏᴜɢᴀʀɪᴠʏ
↝ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡᴄʟᴀɴ ↜

(ooc: @/jupiter mentioned in case Birdpaw would like to meet the boys)

═══°∴*⋅✲⋈══〖✰〗══⋈ ⋅*∴°═══
The ShadowClan brothers paused their shameless roughhousing in the sand the instant that Fawnpaw acknowledged them; Hornetpaw paused in smashing his littermate’s head into the beach like a volleyball long enough for Centipedepaw to read the cheerful greeting on the RiverClanner’s lips, and both boys broke out into eerily identical grins as they waved enthusiastically back. Never mind that their pelts were wet, sandy disasters styled into saltwater spikes and stiff cowlicks; for a moment they weren’t ShadowClan’s fearsome future warriors, but merely a pair of kids enjoying themselves and happy to see a friend. “TALK LATER!” Centipede shouted, once again feeling the full volume of his lungs vibrating the cords of his throat. Hornet rolled his aquamarine eyes, shoving the side of his brother’s skull-branded face, but flicked his tail upward at Fawnpaw in a feline thumbs-up gesture.

They felt confident that the RiverClan girl would seek them out after all the hoity-toity announcements were made—none of the high-ranks on the Seastones could compete with the siblings in terms of fun company.

With arrogant strides (and the occasional shoulder-bump for reassurance and/or purposeful brotherly annoyance), the toms padded deeper into the crowd to scope out potential people to antagonize… or befriend, if the mood struck them. Hornet and Centipede were all about a challenge; they wanted to know if someone stood on their level, if a stranger could step to their game with equal enthusiasm rather than crumbling into an anxious mess or retaliating with uncontrollable anger. Both ends of the spectrum amused them; Centipedepaw took sick glee in watching an opponent devolve into furious screaming when he couldn’t hear their vitriol, and Hornetpaw enjoyed toying with cats that showed their bellies without a fight. So far only sweet, kind Fawnpaw had piqued their true interest and managed to impress them with her selfless acceptance of their antics… but hey! Somebody new could pleasantly surprise them. It’d be nice to have alliances outside of ShadowClan to hang out with when the members of their own faction grew too serious to have fun with.

When some imbecile by the name of Reed-something began squalling about… stars knew what, the boys glanced at each other and made the silent agreement to not get involved. How utterly boring; for once they’d prefer some REAL drama, not the pathetic one-sided rambling of a freak. While it was pretty hilarious to observe a few cats losing their minds over a single fool’s pointless screeching, the siblings had to each suppress a yawn as they wandered further down the beach. Didn’t anybody want to compare feats of strength nowadays? Was no one interested in a game of wits or a good ol’ scrimmage of skills? Everywhere their amber and aqua eyes wandered, the brothers saw people conversing politely or gaping at the spectacle brought by that RiverClan lunatic. So tame. So lame. If not for wishing to chat with their river-buddy Fawnpaw, they would’ve just plodded home—

“Hey! How do you two ShadowClanners know Fawnpaw?”

Hornetpaw immediately turned his head at the sound of someone addressing him; Centipedepaw noticed his sibling peering over his shoulder and paused, also pivoting to witness who’d caught Hornet’s attention. There was… the smallest cat either of the boys had ever seen, marching toward them. Cobwebs were piled onto her fur like frosting. She looked like a kit that got caught playing in the medicine den. She looked ridiculous.

Hornet didn’t bother to stop the snort of laughter that left his nose. He leaned against Centipedepaw and leered down at the miniature kid, baring his fangs in an intentionally creepy grin. “What do you care, shortstack? Did you need Fawnpaw to fix that mountain of cobwebs? You hurt yourself trying to keep up with your clan on those tiny ant legs?”

The effect of his words on the RiverClan inkblot were instant. She narrowed pale green eyes at him and stuck her muzzle right in his face—totally unafraid. “I’m glad you noticed my bandages: I brought extra in case somebody needed them after I beat their tails.” Her tail fuzzed into an aggressive bush. “You wanna borrow some now, or after I slap that smile off your face?”

A pause. Hornetpaw peeked at Centipedepaw. Centipedepaw peeked at Hornetpaw. Both of them looked back at the feisty RiverClan apprentice, expressions unreadable. Then Hornet’s face opened up into a ferocious beam, a slightly crazed light sparking in his turquoise pools. “Ooooh, we’ve got a live one here! Neat! Maybe we should roll this one up and take her home as a pet… what d’you think, Centipede? It’d be so easy to hide her! We could fit her under your nest!”

“Like a bug,” Centipedepaw agreed aloud. And he reached out a paw to patronizingly boop the itty bitty RiverClan apprentice on the nose.

ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ | ʙᴜᴍᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ 4 ᴅᴀʏs
If you use bright colors in your posts, I will not read them ♡
Closed Thread