Today 04:03 PM
Training Day
Last post by constellation
Today 03:45 PM

Old June 10th, 2024, 08:57 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: Windy Hills

vinepaw nodded he shuddered at the thought of getting attacked by a raptor no thank you!..but it was a nice area it seemed to be abundant with resources according to what his mentor had said but it was also..beautiful “It’s amazing out here” he followed along ready for the next place
@Moonraven

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon
Old June 12th, 2024, 11:27 AM

My Mood: Queenly

SilverFur would slowly look around the territory using her nostrils to locate a prey scent. [1d20- rolled 20] Her tail would twich and she would attempt to stalk the prey before realising the wind was the wrong way. [1d20- rolled 4] The prey a very fat pheasant and had been spooked and attempted to flee. . [1d20- rolled 1] SilverFur began chasing attempting to catch up with it. . [1d20- rolled 2] she gained enough ground to be within striking distance and attempted a jump before it could fly off. . [1d20- rolled 17 vs 1d20- rolled 10], she managed to grab it from the air and would launch her attack.

[1d4 rolled for combat rounds. 1 was rolled]

SilverFur / Pheasant
[19] / [9]

With a well timed swipe with her claws, she would hit the pheasant wing breaking it, as it fell into a pile she would pin it down and deliver a death bite to its neck. Getting up and grooming her fur she would look around.

[Rolled for encounter 1d20-5 no encounter]

After getting her energy back she would pick the pheasant up and return back to camp with it.

(Testing new dnd system for prey, battle and encounters)
Old June 26th, 2024, 04:12 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 51 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes]
Purrks: Flock Together T3, Beefed Up T1
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Alright. What Crowtooth needed was a nice, relaxing trip out into the territory that didn't involve cats who could disappoint him. So choosing Hawkfur for the outing was the incorrect choice. The tom had made an art of disappointing cats, he felt. But that was fine. He would do his best to make this uneventful and easy!

The Hills were just as familiar as always, and Hawkfur seemed to blossom into his element as he always did when he stepped out of camp. The vulture problem had petered out after the patrol with Leechscar, and no more mountains of carrion sat as beacons for more predators. The beautifully hilly moors were safe once again. In the distance, a rather lumpy white rabbit sat near a gorse bush. Hawkfur regarded it warily, curious as to why it looked so weird, but it was far enough away that the older tom just assumed his eyesight was going. That was, not ideal. Oh great, now he was anxious about that! He needed his eyesight! How was he going to hunt rabbits without it?? Sure, a lot of blind cats could hunt just fine, but Hawkfur was certainly not one of them!

Crap, right. Crowtooth. Hawkfur glanced at his friend, having an idea. "Up for some rabbit chasing?"

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig art by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!

Last edited by Mica; June 26th, 2024 at 04:13 PM.
Old June 27th, 2024, 12:51 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica View Post
Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 51 moons
Purrks: Flock Together T3, Beefed Up T1
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Alright. What Crowtooth needed was a nice, relaxing trip out into the territory that didn't involve cats who could disappoint him. So choosing Hawkfur for the outing was the incorrect choice. The tom had made an art of disappointing cats, he felt. But that was fine. He would do his best to make this uneventful and easy!

The Hills were just as familiar as always, and Hawkfur seemed to blossom into his element as he always did when he stepped out of camp. The vulture problem had petered out after the patrol with Leechscar, and no more mountains of carrion sat as beacons for more predators. The beautifully hilly moors were safe once again. In the distance, a rather lumpy white rabbit sat near a gorse bush. Hawkfur regarded it warily, curious as to why it looked so weird, but it was far enough away that the older tom just assumed his eyesight was going. That was, not ideal. Oh great, now he was anxious about that! He needed his eyesight! How was he going to hunt rabbits without it?? Sure, a lot of blind cats could hunt just fine, but Hawkfur was certainly not one of them!

Crap, right. Crowtooth. Hawkfur glanced at his friend, having an idea. "Up for some rabbit chasing?"

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The tension in Crowtooths shoulders had eased as the two had moved away from camp and the tom had even started to make little comments about whatever as they passed it. Little nothings like "Stars I need ta do more patrols, forgot how much I enjoy 'em" and "At least we dont need ta worry about not gettin' a lotta prey wit' how well the piles been o' late." or "Yer lookin' stresed, Bravebird pullin' out yer fur fer bein' stuck in camp already?" as the two went to create idle chit chat. The tom hadnt had time to really hang out with his friends of late and it showed really.

But they were here to hunt and Crowtooth snapped back into focus when Hawkfur spotted something Crowtooth didnt really see and the tunneler let out a theatrical sigh even as he smirked. "Yer killin' me Hawkfur, runnin's my worst skill. If ya flush it ta me I can snag it though, Ill sneak round the side it'd escape on fer ya ta do that, give me a moment."

A good chase wasnt an option for a cat with asthma but if Hawkfur ran the... rabbit(?) in the grouse to where Crowtooth lay in wait it'd be just as good.

So, holding his breath at time and doing his best sneak the black and white tom skulked around and go into position, watching the white thing from his hidden spot and waiting for the other fury to strike.

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!
Old July 3rd, 2024, 12:06 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Psychedelic

Vinepaw-8Moons
Vinepaw padded along with Warmsun he was going to learn some hunting techniques while had already hunter rabbit he was going to learn the rest “So what first?”
@Desert Rain Frog

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon
Old July 3rd, 2024, 01:05 PM
ALL HAIL KAT/ROSE

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
Vinepaw-8Moons
Vinepaw padded along with Warmsun he was going to learn some hunting techniques while had already hunter rabbit he was going to learn the rest “So what first?”
@Desert Rain Frog
WARMSUN
The Golden-Brown Tom Sniffed The Air. Do You Know How To Do The Hunting Crouch?
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=73901
Old July 6th, 2024, 10:00 PM
The Ping You Dread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 51 Moons

The tension in Crowtooths shoulders had eased as the two had moved away from camp and the tom had even started to make little comments about whatever as they passed it. Little nothings like "Stars I need ta do more patrols, forgot how much I enjoy 'em" and "At least we dont need ta worry about not gettin' a lotta prey wit' how well the piles been o' late." or "Yer lookin' stresed, Bravebird pullin' out yer fur fer bein' stuck in camp already?" as the two went to create idle chit chat. The tom hadnt had time to really hang out with his friends of late and it showed really.

But they were here to hunt and Crowtooth snapped back into focus when Hawkfur spotted something Crowtooth didnt really see and the tunneler let out a theatrical sigh even as he smirked. "Yer killin' me Hawkfur, runnin's my worst skill. If ya flush it ta me I can snag it though, Ill sneak round the side it'd escape on fer ya ta do that, give me a moment."

A good chase wasnt an option for a cat with asthma but if Hawkfur ran the... rabbit(?) in the grouse to where Crowtooth lay in wait it'd be just as good.

So, holding his breath at time and doing his best sneak the black and white tom skulked around and go into position, watching the white thing from his hidden spot and waiting for the other fury to strike.
Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 51 moons
Purrks: Flock Together T3, Beefed Up T1, Radiohead [INACTIVE]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur slipped around in a wide arc, eyeing the strange-looking rabbit. He kept himself low, trotting on white paws set in wide strides over the grass. The rabbit twitched slightly, sticking close to the bush. He'd rather it be a few steps away, so it was easier to get behind it, but it seemed intent on just fidgiting where it was. As he got closer and closer, he noticed that the rabbit seemed... flowy. That was the only way to describe it. It moved like a leaf caught in the wind. He slowed, slipping out of his hunter's run and peering at the...

Not rabbit. That was definitely not a rabbit. Hawkfur paused just next to it, staring at it with wide cerulean eyes. "What the..." he murmured, scenting it gingerly. It smelled like... nothing. How did it smell like nothing?? He sniffed it again, ears pinned back. It shared a similar twinge with the thunderpath, but less overwhelming. Beyond that distant scent, there was nothing.

Suddenly the breeze strengthened, and the not-rabbit-thing lurched towards him. Hawkfur screamed in terror as the thing tangled itself in his flailing paws, stumbling backwards. "NONONONONONONONO OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!" He shrieked. Every movement had the thing tangling further, his panic rising higher, and his voice getting louder. "HELP HELPHELPHELPHELP!!"

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old July 7th, 2024, 08:59 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica View Post
Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 51 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur slipped around in a wide arc, eyeing the strange-looking rabbit. He kept himself low, trotting on white paws set in wide strides over the grass. The rabbit twitched slightly, sticking close to the bush. He'd rather it be a few steps away, so it was easier to get behind it, but it seemed intent on just fidgiting where it was. As he got closer and closer, he noticed that the rabbit seemed... flowy. That was the only way to describe it. It moved like a leaf caught in the wind. He slowed, slipping out of his hunter's run and peering at the...

Not rabbit. That was definitely not a rabbit. Hawkfur paused just next to it, staring at it with wide cerulean eyes. "What the..." he murmured, scenting it gingerly. It smelled like... nothing. How did it smell like nothing?? He sniffed it again, ears pinned back. It shared a similar twinge with the thunderpath, but less overwhelming. Beyond that distant scent, there was nothing.

Suddenly the breeze strengthened, and the not-rabbit-thing lurched towards him. Hawkfur screamed in terror as the thing tangled itself in his flailing paws, stumbling backwards. "NONONONONONONONO OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!" He shrieked. Every movement had the thing tangling further, his panic rising higher, and his voice getting louder. "HELP HELPHELPHELPHELP!!"

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons

In the end the task was failed successfully?

Lemme explain; in failing to catch the 'rabbit' Hawkfurs shriek had ended up startling two more in the bushes nearby, scaring the hares into a run right to the waiting Crowtooth who quickly struck out, killing them both.

The tom had been.... Confused to say the least at why his friend had screamed instead of chasing and why the 'rabbit' had turned brown and seemingly multiplied into two but wasnt going to question it for a moment.... Until the screaming didnt stop.

Then and only then, Crowtooth too did panic.

Dropping the freshly caught rabbits the warrior went charging in, fangs bared in a snarl at whatever was attacking his friend only to find- well he didnt have a clue what it was really. Even when he was missing Crowtooth had never left clan territory so his reaction was just as much "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!" as Hawkfur was.

So began the clownery.
Hitting the plastic bag in a bid to get it off his clanmate the tunneler probably more ended up hitting Hawkfur as her snarled a vicious "Git off o' my friend ya- THIN'!" Tail in full bush impression as he did. He even tried to bite it to damage it, only to find himself briefly suffocated as the plastic blocked all air, forcing him to spit it out with a hacking cough, wheezing as he roared a "Dammit it got me!" reeling from the 'attack'.

The salvation would come from when the bag got caught on a nearby gorse bush, not from Crowtooths 'help'.

Old July 9th, 2024, 08:59 AM
The Ping You Dread

Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 52 moons

· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur yelped in relief as Crowtooth barreled by, taking a swipe at the Thing. His relief was short-lived, however, as Crowtooth’s massive paws began pummeling the life out of Hawkfur himself.

“HRK—NO, NOT ME!! STOP!!” He nearly called his friend a “wet-tailed ninny” but that felt meaner than necessary.

Crowtooth’s rasping wheezes and the unnatural crinkling of the Thing was all Hawkfur could hear for several heartbeats before he managed to free himself with the help of the gorse bush. Hawkfur scrambled away, sprinting several cat lengths only to turn around and hiss. “KILL IT!” He shrieked, though a small part of him was terrified that this was a foe that had them both outmatched.

After another few moments of Hawkfur letting his poor old man heart slow, he eyed the Thing again. It seemed… stuck? Or like it had given up. Hawkfur peered at it. “Is it dead?” He murmured. Or better yet, was it alive at all?

Hawkfur groaned and flopped to his side, heaving out a breath. “I’m going out on a limb here… I don’t think that’s a rabbit.”

---
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old July 9th, 2024, 07:50 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons

It was like the flight of the bumblebees except it was the dance of the idiots.

Hawkfur was being hit and was (reasonably) getting mad at Crowtooth, Crowtooth had strangled himself on the beg like a toddler might, Hawkfur was running for his life with the bag still attached, Crowtooth was chasing him still trying to 'kill' the bag, and windclans finest were being soundly defeated by a inanimate object.
In the end the gorse bush saved them and 'won' the day.

Crowtooth collapsed into a sit, panting and wheezing as they glared at the thing stuck in the bush, growling low in his throat. "It better be dead or Imma make it more dead.... Somehow." Despite the fact that nothing the tom had done so far had any effect on the bag he would somehow find a way to kill it if it moved again.

"Yeah Im wit' ya there. That aint no rabbit nor anythin' I recognize, Ill repeat myself. What the hell is that?!"
It was just so.... weird! It was laying there, floppy and hadnt reacted to any of their attacks but had undeniably attached itself to Hawkfur! No normal thing could do that!!

Curious now that it was limp and dead Crowtooth hauled himself to his paws, breath smoothing, and hesitantly inched forward twitching at everything even as the bag laid still. He just needed to learn more about it without getting attacked like it did to Hawkfur, and a cautious black paw reached out to touch it.

Didnt go well though, as a errant breeze caused the bag to shift still stuck on its thorn and rustle a bit. Crowtooth proceeded to yowl at that, jumped a foot in the air, tail went bushy, and bolted, yelping "Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! I aint dealin' wit' this, Im takin' my rabbits an' LEAVIN'! NOPE!" Hawkfur could stay and deal with the demon thing but Crowtooth was NOT and the tunneler was GONE.

Grabbing his two rabbits the tom beat it to a safe difference to wait for Hawkfur, stopping to snag two random lizards sunning themselves on a rock deciding he'd report the white demon to Twilightstar and let her plan a response because it'd attacked him and Crowtooth was done.

@Mica