◇Rowan’s Character...
by Rowan
Last post by Rowan
Today 02:33 AM

Old January 26th, 2024, 08:21 AM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

As DoeFlame got closer Night became very still and quiet, until she was finally just a tail length away, he suddenly pounced and playfully pinned her down

"This is quite a large prey, this will feed the clan very well," he says in triumph

@kittycatburmise

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY

Last edited by Lewolfers; January 27th, 2024 at 01:40 PM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 08:55 AM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Starlingflight
57 Moons
She/Her
----------------------------

Border Patrol

Snow decorated her black and white pelt in traces of silver before melting into glistening droplets. Of course, being RiverClan, it shed away rather than soaking into the thick fur. But when the cold flakes landed on her ears or nose, she was quick to flick them clean. No cat wanted frozen ears.

Wide paws navigated the half-frozen ground. There wasn't much for ice, but even mildly frozen, the senior warrior felt that it would be only too tempting for any ShadowClanner to cross the border and steal from them. Of course, she could be only thinking worst case. Who cared?

RiverClan had been in rapid decline for moons it seemed. A patrol felt the most normal thing, and worrying about ShadowClanners was too normal, right? Normalcy wasn't a thing. Order, structure, integrity inside and out of the Clan, all a thing of the past. Or was it? She was very grateful to have been given a patrol to do...

Reaching the first of the border markers, she looked at Owltalon and meowed, "I'll take this side, you take that one. Orchidpaw, you're on lookout. Anything that isn't RiverClan, you call us." Starlingflight looked firm and stern at the apprentice before she whipped around and stalked off to perform her task of re-marking the border.

@Marigoldwhisper @staurn

Last edited by Tiabirb; January 26th, 2024 at 08:55 AM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 04:09 PM
Pfp by @/Dolomedes!

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post
Starlingflight
57 Moons
She/Her
----------------------------

Border Patrol

Snow decorated her black and white pelt in traces of silver before melting into glistening droplets. Of course, being RiverClan, it shed away rather than soaking into the thick fur. But when the cold flakes landed on her ears or nose, she was quick to flick them clean. No cat wanted frozen ears.

Wide paws navigated the half-frozen ground. There wasn't much for ice, but even mildly frozen, the senior warrior felt that it would be only too tempting for any ShadowClanner to cross the border and steal from them. Of course, she could be only thinking worst case. Who cared?

RiverClan had been in rapid decline for moons it seemed. A patrol felt the most normal thing, and worrying about ShadowClanners was too normal, right? Normalcy wasn't a thing. Order, structure, integrity inside and out of the Clan, all a thing of the past. Or was it? She was very grateful to have been given a patrol to do...

Reaching the first of the border markers, she looked at Owltalon and meowed, "I'll take this side, you take that one. Orchidpaw, you're on lookout. Anything that isn't RiverClan, you call us." Starlingflight looked firm and stern at the apprentice before she whipped around and stalked off to perform her task of re-marking the border.

@Marigoldwhisper @staurn

`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

RC Border Patrol!

Owltalon nodded in agreement to Starlingflight, taking her respected place in the direction the older warrior pointed her to. She began marking the usual spots, trying to get the right amounts on each place.

She felt overly giddy being on her first patrol, her excitement radiating off of her in waves.

Truthfully, she wasn't too fond of Shadowclan camp and all of its shadows even in the evening sun. It's like these cats managed to find the darkest area and the forest and claimed it as their secret sanctuary.

Owltalon had to admit that it was quite smart.

Living in the shadows could contribute to stealth and learning how to use the unknown to their advantage. But Riverclan had their advantages as well, one of them being this patrol.

Just in case any funny business ever occured, Owltalon would be right on it, she'd be as sharp as an eagles claw.

As she gazed up at the whistling trees overhead she couldn't help but notice a bulky silhouette in the dancing treetops.

At first, she was rightfully suspicious, glaring her one good eye at the dark object, contemplating whether or not she should climb up the tree to see what was up there herself. Then she heard sharp chirps break through the frosty air.

Birds! Raven's maybe? It's not like Owltalon was an expert. How ironic considering her name.

Anyone on board with following the optional prompt that was given?

@staurn

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old January 26th, 2024, 04:42 PM
Why bother?

//I'm down to do the prompt! ^^ I'm giving staurn a chance to reply!
@Marigoldwhisper
Old January 26th, 2024, 04:53 PM
Pfp by @/Dolomedes!

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post
//I'm down to do the prompt! ^^ I'm giving staurn a chance to reply!
@Marigoldwhisper
Okie dokie, thanks!

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old January 27th, 2024, 12:59 PM
Why bother?

Witheredclaw
She/Her

ShC Border Patrol
---------------------------

With Cryingelk in tow, Witheredclaw limped forward into open marshes, hating every step, scowling when her claw sank too deep, wincing as she pulled it out without breaking stride. No one could see her pain, eternal as it was, as painful as breathing was when one's throat was torn...

The skinny brown tabby warrior marched up to the border, the cold fire of her gaze scouring the grasses on the other side for any sign of enemy patrols. When she failed to see any, much to her disappointment, she turned to Cryingelk, "Mark the borders." Was all she snarled out. Yeah she wasn't friendly. Not in the slightest.

Witheredclaw limped toward the first of the border markers, dousing it in heavy ShadowClan scent before moving on to the next one.

@ChaosBringer.
//if you want, we can report back quickly, or we can track a fox or badger scent?

Last edited by Tiabirb; January 27th, 2024 at 12:59 PM.
Old January 27th, 2024, 01:36 PM
rattling my kennel door

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith. View Post

Slatepaw
He/him
9 moons

He did as he was instructed, parting his maw and inhaling. There was the RiverClan scent, obviously, but aside from that and the various greenery... A sweet, musky smell?
"...something."
He didn't recognize it at first, but he soon realized it was similar to something he'd smelled from the prey pile before.
"Prey?"

”Good start, but try to figure out what kind of prey,” Spottedshadow meowed, “We are looking for mice for try to remember what nice smell like.”

He wondered to himself if he was being to hard on the apprentice, he decided he was not, Slatepaw was independent and headstrong so a challenge would do him some good.

{ @Faith. }

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat
Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by elio; January 27th, 2024 at 01:37 PM.
Old January 27th, 2024, 09:04 PM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewolfers View Post
As DoeFlame got closer Night became very still and quiet, until she was finally just a tail length away, he suddenly pounced and playfully pinned her down

"This is quite a large prey, this will feed the clan very well," he says in triumph

@kittycatburmise
Doeflame

Without warning, a weight landed on her back. Doeflame let out a surprised shriek as her legs, not able to hold the weight, collapsed under her. Nightwolf's scent enveloped her as he spoke.

"This prey isn't getting away so easily," she hissed back as she bunched up her muscles. Then she jumped up with all her strength, attempting to dislodge Nightwolf in his surprise. Although Doeflame knew as a tom, Nightwolf was heavier than her, and she may not be strong enough. @Lewolfers
Old January 27th, 2024, 09:39 PM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatburmise View Post
Doeflame

Without warning, a weight landed on her back. Doeflame let out a surprised shriek as her legs, not able to hold the weight, collapsed under her. Nightwolf's scent enveloped her as he spoke.

"This prey isn't getting away so easily," she hissed back as she bunched up her muscles. Then she jumped up with all her strength, attempting to dislodge Nightwolf in his surprise. Although Doeflame knew as a tom, Nightwolf was heavier than her, and she may not be strong enough. @Lewolfers

NightWolf chuckles and rolls off when she jumped and watched her fly, "Try and catch some birds while your up there," he jokes as he sits with amused eyes.
@kittycatburmise

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY

Last edited by Lewolfers; January 27th, 2024 at 09:39 PM.
Old January 27th, 2024, 09:44 PM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewolfers View Post
NightWolf chuckles and rolls off when she jumped and watched her fly, "Try and catch some birds while your up there," he jokes as he sits with amused eyes.
@kittycatburmise
Doeflame

When she jumped, Doeflame felt Nightwolf roll off her. Twisting around in midair to face him, she landed in a battle crouch. "I'll catch you," she mewed and leapt at him, claws sheathed. @Lewolfers