Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Dark Forest Territory
by BEAR.
Today 11:28 PM
Rogue Settlement[Open]
Last post by Starfall
Today 11:28 PM
Heard it through the...
Last post by Luna16
Today 10:57 PM
WindClan Patrols
Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 10:29 PM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by Mica
Today 10:15 PM

Old August 24th, 2021, 03:24 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatosoup View Post
Juniperclaw's tail twitched, his muzzle wrinkled in amusement.

"It wasn't so bad," he offers. "Remember to keep your body tense, like you're about to pounce. That way your body holds its own weight, instead of hanging off your paws and legs."

He got up and swarmed down the tree, keeping himself tight and together, letting gravity pull him down. Towards the end he jumped off, landing neatly on his feet.

"Want to try again?" he asked. Or... Newtheart used to be a kittypet. He might not be used to this. "Or we can go back to camp, if you're hurt."
Newtheart shook his head, he disliked climbing trees but he also wasn’t a quitter. “I’ll go one more time,” he mewed padding towards the tree. He hooked his claws into the bark and began climbing. He copied what Juniperclaw had shown him as best as he could, bunching his hind legs under himself, then pushing himself up to grip the bark above him. Initially he was aiming for the first branch, then decided to be ambition and head for the second one. He shifted his trajectory a bit and continued climbing.

He was slightly out of breath by the time he reached the branch he was aiming for and hauled himself onto it. Has sat for a moment before looking back down at Juniperclaw. His paws hurt, but he was almost finished. He just needed to get back down.

He eased himself back onto the trunk and began descending. He tried to stay tense like Juniperclaw had advised and found it did help relieve some of the effort. He continued to clamber down until he was back on the ground. He climbing attempt was by no means perfect, but it had felt much easier.
Old August 24th, 2021, 04:12 PM

My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiad View Post
Newtheart shook his head, he disliked climbing trees but he also wasn’t a quitter. “I’ll go one more time,” he mewed padding towards the tree. He hooked his claws into the bark and began climbing. He copied what Juniperclaw had shown him as best as he could, bunching his hind legs under himself, then pushing himself up to grip the bark above him. Initially he was aiming for the first branch, then decided to be ambition and head for the second one. He shifted his trajectory a bit and continued climbing.

He was slightly out of breath by the time he reached the branch he was aiming for and hauled himself onto it. Has sat for a moment before looking back down at Juniperclaw. His paws hurt, but he was almost finished. He just needed to get back down.

He eased himself back onto the trunk and began descending. He tried to stay tense like Juniperclaw had advised and found it did help relieve some of the effort. He continued to clamber down until he was back on the ground. He climbing attempt was by no means perfect, but it had felt much easier.

Juniperclaw's tail twitched, quietly pleased that Newtheart was already doing better.

"You didn't fall this time," he meowed, pleased. "... We should try practicing a little bit when we can. We'll have you jumping in the trees like a squirrel. I'll-" he made a face. "-be swimming like a fish."

He stretched his legs, and gently washed his shoulder. The wound he had arrived at ThunderClan with was now just another scar, a little pink but no longer in danger of opening.

"Want to head back to camp?" he asked. "... maybe hunt a little bit on the way back."
Old August 24th, 2021, 06:08 PM
watermeon

Quote:
Juniperclaw's tail twitched, quietly pleased that Newtheart was already doing better.

"You didn't fall this time," he meowed, pleased. "... We should try practicing a little bit when we can. We'll have you jumping in the trees like a squirrel. I'll-" he made a face. "-be swimming like a fish."

He stretched his legs, and gently washed his shoulder. The wound he had arrived at ThunderClan with was now just another scar, a little pink but no longer in danger of opening.

"Want to head back to camp?" he asked. "... maybe hunt a little bit on the way back."
"Sure," Newtheart agreed. He probably could use some hunting practice. He had only learned recently and was still developing the skill. He stood and then tipped his head, looking at Juniperclaw's shoulder. "Where'd you get that?" He asked before thinking. He immediately realized his question probably came off as rude, he could just imagine his mother scolding him for sticking his nose in other cats' business. But he was curious.

He had noticed the other tom had quite a few scars, and knew enough to hold his tongue, but this one still looked pretty freshed. Newtheart had a couple of scars himself, but they were sparse and mostly hidden in his thick pelt. The only really noticeable one was his torn ear.
Old August 24th, 2021, 06:20 PM

@Naiad

Juniperclaw's ears twitched, briefly confused, before realizing what he was talking about. "... I had a fight with another Clan cat before I joined. I think they're ShadowClan."

He shrugged, carefully. "I think... that's just business, with Clan cats. I didn't think I was on their territory, they disagreed, we fought about it."

He frowned at the trees, thinking, and then glanced at Newtheart.

"What about you?" he meowed. His eyes flicked to Newtheart's ear. "Where'd you get that?"
Old August 24th, 2021, 06:31 PM
watermeon

Quote:
@Naiad

Juniperclaw's ears twitched, briefly confused, before realizing what he was talking about. "... I had a fight with another Clan cat before I joined. I think they're ShadowClan."

He shrugged, carefully. "I think... that's just business, with Clan cats. I didn't think I was on their territory, they disagreed, we fought about it."

He frowned at the trees, thinking, and then glanced at Newtheart.

"What about you?" he meowed. His eyes flicked to Newtheart's ear. "Where'd you get that?"
"Oh, Shadowclan cat." He wouldn't bother mentioning that it was an apprentice. Or that they were arguably smaller than him. Or that he lost the fight. "I've heard that they're pretty ruthless though. I don't think they're too fond of, well, anyone really. I had just gotten into the forest and had no clue where I was going, I just happened to wander into the wrong territory."

That was the one thing he disliked about the clans. Territories? He really didn't get that part. Fighting seemed meaningless and honestly a waste of time. Most cats seemed to hold a sense of pride over their clan though, and if fighting for Thunderclan was what he had to do to stay then that is what he would do.

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old August 24th, 2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiad View Post
"Oh, Shadowclan cat." He wouldn't bother mentioning that it was an apprentice. Or that they were arguably smaller than him. Or that he lost the fight. "I've heard that they're pretty ruthless though. I don't think they're too fond of, well, anyone really. I had just gotten into the forest and had no clue where I was going, I just happened to wander into the wrong territory."

That was the one thing he disliked about the clans. Territories? He really didn't get that part. Fighting seemed meaningless and honestly a waste of time. Most cats seemed to hold a sense of pride over their clan though, and if fighting for Thunderclan was what he had to do to stay then that is what he would do.

Juniperclaw's mouth twitched at the corners. "ShadowClan territory seems to get flexible whenever they want to pick a fight."

He scratched behind his ear, thinking. ShadowClan might be less inclined to start a fight with him now that he was a Clan cat, but it opened up a host of other issues. If ThunderClan went to war, he'd be expected to do the same. It seemed inevitable with this tension with RiverClan.

"... c'mon," he meowed, after a minute. "At least ShadowClan won't be mucking around here. Let's catch some prey."

((Are you good to finish here for now?))
Old August 24th, 2021, 08:40 PM
watermeon

Newtheart stretched and then turned towards the forest. With a flick of his tail he nodded then began padding in the direction of camp. He parted his jaws slight as he walked, hoping to catch the scent of prey. He had caught admittedly few pieces of freshkill and felt like he needed to make up for it. He paused for a moment, thinking. Clan life really did have a lot of obligations to fill. He shrugged at the passing though and continued trekking onwards.

(Yep!)

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old August 27th, 2021, 03:24 AM
Random Roleplayer

My Mood: Bored

[ @YandereKitty @Songwing ]

;Ravenstorm;

As she approached Sunkissed Creek, Ravenstorm couldn't stop herself from slowing down. Of course, for one thing, she had to look for herbs (which she did), but also to make sure the other cats were following. Ravenstorm didn't want to go looking for herbs without them, admittedly, especially because predators seemed to like the Creek. Going somewhere where there could be predators, alone, is a stupid move.

Eyes scanning the Creek for herbs, she spotted a small clump of what seemed to be Marigold. The breeze ruffled her fur as she considered what to do. Go check it out now? Or wait for her Patrolmates? (In her opinion, even if the first seemed appealing, the last was probably what she should do.)

Eh. She'd wait for the others. Turning around, she waited for the others as the heat slapped down onto her matted fur. (She hadn't found the time to groom it. Later, she told herself.)

Replies might be slow! Bumps within 24 hours are welcomed and needed. Discord DMs are open if you're waiting for too long.
Old August 27th, 2021, 09:50 AM
chirps

He had been gazing around for prey, but after awhile Tawnybird realized that he couldn't see Dreamfeather anymore. Had the tom followed him out of camp? Concern glazed over as he lifted his nose into the air, trying to scent him. Only the wisps of the prey he'd caught and that of a sparrow pecking at the ground nearby came through, and the senior warrior sighed. His Clanmate did have a reputation for napping, so the black and orange warrior assumed he had lost him to his nest. Oh well. Perhaps one more piece of prey and then he could head back.

Parting his jaws now to draw in more scents, he pinpointed the location of the sparrow and slunk off. Belly close to the ground and tail low, Tawnybird's movements were slow and silent, causing no tremors into the ground as the bird came into view. He wasn't exactly downwind, but thankfully the prey didn't seem to notice him. Just a little more, and...

Claws extended, Tawnybird pounced and swiftly killed the bird. So far a plump sparrow and a squirrel would be his contribution - not bad, and both were fat enough to perhaps feed the Clan for a little bit.

The warm breeze ruffled his fur and Tawnybird let out a purr. It was a rather nice day out, so he buried the sparrow and headed over to the bank of the creek. Perching carefully on a ledge that sort of jutted out, the tom leaned down, sticking his paws in and letting the cool water wash over them. The sensation of it felt weird, but not bad. He was too focused on washing some of the mud he'd stepped in trying to get the sparrow to notice...

Giving way beneath him, the small precipice began to crumble, debris tumbling down into the stream and taking Tawnybird with it. He let out a surprised mrrow! as he splashed into the water, soaking his belly fur and shoulders. Quickly the warrior stood and leapt out, shaking his fur out. Well, that certainly wasn't how he envisioned this hunting trip ending. He couldn't help but chuckle as he padded over to his prey, shaking each paw off in turn.

Picking up both of his catches after digging them up, the tom glanced around once more for any sign of Dreamfeather before he made his way back to camp.

[closed]

Last edited by spade; August 27th, 2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old August 27th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Wittle Waffle Child

My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender'fur View Post
[ @YandereKitty @Songwing ]

;Ravenstorm;

As she approached Sunkissed Creek, Ravenstorm couldn't stop herself from slowing down. Of course, for one thing, she had to look for herbs (which she did), but also to make sure the other cats were following. Ravenstorm didn't want to go looking for herbs without them, admittedly, especially because predators seemed to like the Creek. Going somewhere where there could be predators, alone, is a stupid move.

Eyes scanning the Creek for herbs, she spotted a small clump of what seemed to be Marigold. The breeze ruffled her fur as she considered what to do. Go check it out now? Or wait for her Patrolmates? (In her opinion, even if the first seemed appealing, the last was probably what she should do.)

Eh. She'd wait for the others. Turning around, she waited for the others as the heat slapped down onto her matted fur. (She hadn't found the time to groom it. Later, she told herself.)
Songpaw followed and made note on what the medicine cat had said. A sunrise colored flower. He walked around for a bit searching for the herbs required of him.