by BEAR.
Last post by Rowan
Today 05:34 PM

Old December 7th, 2022, 03:39 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: The Shadowledge

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Ivysnake wondered how Dawnstar would react to Galepaw's outburst, and she soon got her answer. Her glorious leader looked agitated, and who could blame her? ShadowClan was the strongest of the four. They were the best. Yet their warriors and deputies kept acting as immature as kits. Ivysnake was not immature. She had worked hard to be a loyal member of ShadowClan both as a warrior and a medicine cat, and seeing anyone give less than their all made fury and frustration tumble in her stomach. The fact that such incompetence was common was a major issue. Why couldn't they get rid of all the slackers and leave only the strong, or at the very least, redeemable, members? The short fur along her spine began to rise as Spiritfire's failure as a mentor - and Galepaw's failure to report on it - was brought up. She forced it to flatten and instead let her emotion show through her eyes, which burned like smoldering amber fires. Their power was enough to burn a hole through anything. Both points Dawnstar made were fair. Spiritfire had failed at her job of being a mentor, and Galepaw had failed at his job of being an apprentice. The moment my mentor forgot to train me, I'd have gone to Dawnstar and asked for a reassignment as quickly as possible.

Dawnstar was now talking about enforcing the harsher punishments she'd mentioned at a previous meeting, and Ivysnake's ears pricked. Finally. It was good to see immediate action being taken against the slackers. What would her leader do? Exile them? Enforce some other harsh punishment, such as demotion? I hope the failures get demoted to kits. Maybe not, though, in case ShadowClan needed them for other purposes. So many cats had been failing lately, the Clan would grow too small if all of them were exiled or demoted. The thought made her blood boil. But Ivysnake kept her head about her and instead continued listening to the colossal dark tabby who sat atop the Shadowledge. The new punishments brought an approving yet solemn nod. They were fitting for failures. And hopefully, they'll be enough to put incompetent cats in line. Dawnstar was being merciful and generous with the allowance of excuses, and they should not take that for granted, nor should they take it as a sign to continue being lax on patrols.

Cloversun, one of the failures, was being pardoned. Ivysnake would've felt a bit frustrated - what if the Clan continued being lax? - but she understood and agreed with her leader's logic. Cats who owned up for their mistakes and were willing to repent should be reconsidered for punishment. As for her worries about cats not taking patrols seriously... If they didn't, they'd be exiled, killed, or demoted, so that would be enough to keep them competent. And those who are killed or exiled aren't needed here. As always, Dawnstar's logic made complete sense. But now she was granting mercy to Meadowleap? And where was everyone else? Ivysnake gritted her teeth behind closed lips. An example should be made of Meadowleap, at least. But maybe Dawnstar was letting them off this once. Ivysnake understood that, as much as she wanted them punished. Dawnstar had good logic. She was always right. But it wasn't bad if Ivysnake's opinions strayed from her path every once in a while.

The medicine cat apprentice nodded once again as the meeting went on and three cats, Cloversun and Meadowleap included, were demoted to apprentices. Dawnstar did not assign them official mentors; she assumed the leader had other plans for them. The apprentice punishment made sense, too. Every cat had to learn. Although ShadowClan apprentices should be better and more competent than those from other Clans - Ivysnake had certainly never let her Clan down. And now Dawnstar wasn't even naming a deputy because no warrior was worthy of it. That made sense. The black-striped she-cat was sure that Dawnstar had plenty of lives left, and she ran the Clan fine on her own with her Enforcers and medicine cats. Speaking of which, three new cats - one of them an apprentice - were added to the ranks.

If the rank of Enforcer had been open to Ivysnake back when she'd been a young warrior or even an apprentice, she would've gladly taken the test to join. And if she were still a warrior, she was sure Dawnstar - who thought she was competent and who had accepted her into her family - would have made her deputy. A younger Ivysnake would've yearned for both of those roles. She still did. However, her job was to serve ShadowClan as its medicine cat. She was still a high rank, tasked with serving the Clan and being one of the few in Dawnstar's inner circle. She wondered why one of the Enforcers hadn't been chosen for deputy, but it was probably for the same reason as Ivysnake being appointed to medicine cat: they were needed in that rank, not elsewhere, although they could still perform those duties.

Ivysnake scanned the crowd for Larkpaw. The driving rain, which she had all but forgotten about, obscured her vision; but with enough searching, she was able to spot a lithe gray-and-brown shape with amber eyes that glinted through the haze. Another of the new Enforcers was Shadowfur, whose apprentice had died due to clearstone. Dawnstar must really trust him now if she made him into an Enforcer. Overall, they were interesting additions... but there was no good news without sour, for there was a subtraction as well. Kind of. Brackenfire. The pale-striped brown tabby was being challenged for her rank due to softening after having kits. Ivysnake's lip curled. Whenever she had kits of her own, she would not let them soften her. She would raise them to be strong, fierce, loyal members of ShadowClan who did not slack or fail as so many others had.

After some discussion amongst the gathered ShadowClan cats, Brackenfire accepted the challenge from a smoky Bengal cat named Frostscreech. Ivysnake's long, sharp claws flexed in and out. It was good to hear Brackenfire - also a daughter of Dawnstar, she believed - owning up to her mistakes and accepting a challenge. What was the rule for challenging Enforcers? Didn't failures get kicked out or exiled? She wasn't sure, but whatever happened, it would be interesting. Speaking of repenting, Spiritfire also came forward and apologized. They all speak well. But I'll find it hard to believe until I see them in action. Promises could be made, but acting on said promises was the most important.

Oh, now the three cats were officially becoming apprentices. They got mentors, too, and Galepaw was being excused from punishment... because Spiritfire apologized? Ivysnake's claws continued to work in the wet, cold earth, her smoldering eyes the only heat in sight, but she did not comment or show anything other than her serious, stoic facial expression. The meeting went on. Thornpaw became Thornkit, and the other apprentices were warned. Some apprentice, Cobwebpaw, was thinking he was up for fighting for the rank of Enforcer, which he was very much not... Ugh, what had this Clan come to? Ivysnake was determined to work as hard as possible to make ShadowClan strong again, and after leaf-bare, she'd find a worthy tom to have kits with, kits who she could raise as proper ShadowClan warriors.

Things were getting interesting again with Brackenfire's decision between two cats for the rank of Enforcer and a cat named Willowspark who hadn't owned up to her mistakes. Ivysnake fixed her amber gaze on Brackenfire, narrowing her eyes to see through the rain. Her curiosity was piqued. Who would the daughter of Dawnstar choose, and who was going to win? This was one event the tall dark brown tabby did not want to miss.

Want a short story written for you? Click this link!
Old December 7th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

Deadclaw growled and pulled Cobwebpaw away from the group, he was almost full grown, but even She wasn't afraid to grab him by the scruff and pull the growling apprentice away "Now! sit down and keep your pathetic mouth shut our i'll rip your ears off! got it punk!?" she growled at the now cowarding Apprentice "i might be yer aunt but even i would've given you a good smacking for a stunt like that! trying to challenge a grown warrior when your nothing but an Apprentice! a Pathetic one at that!" she snapped at him, "Dawnstar, since this idoit probably doesn't even know apology is, i'll say this, Sorry for this Stupid idiot" then turning to draag the apprentice off she eye'd the other cats around her "i'm taking this idiot to go help the elders! but somebody better win this fighting challenge that ain't Branchfire! "

(closed, but cats can react)

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old December 7th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Your favorite workaholic~

Bump Policy: Whenever is fine!
My Mood: Busy

Slatefur
She/her

Slatefur sighed. She wished apprentices could actually manage their responsibilities. Same with the warriors, too. Well, if Thornpaw was now Thornkit, then was she able to leave camp? She would have to ask Vixensnarl. The ShadowClan leader seemed about ready to snap. No surprise there.

Slatefur gave Thornpaw a slightly scolding look.

@Fawnhearted

"If you don't have it, you'll never do what needs to be done to change."

•|Slatepaw|•

"Every day, I eat, sleep, and worry about stupid things."

I see you there~
Old December 7th, 2022, 07:24 PM
Doctor,Who?

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Sharpkit watched in awe at how dumb her clanmates seemed. Why wouldn't they complete a task that seemed so easy?
Wow. With these idiots, I'm sure we'll quickly impress The Great Dawnstar.
SHHHH! I know that! Could you leave me alone, I'm trying to focus .

open to bullies or friends!

Beetle

Stagpaw
Moonpaw
Old December 8th, 2022, 07:08 AM
pastel king

Bump Policy: 24 Hours w/ Due Date, 72 if no Due Date
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinestripe View Post
Slatefur
She/her

Slatefur sighed. She wished apprentices could actually manage their responsibilities. Same with the warriors, too. Well, if Thornpaw was now Thornkit, then was she able to leave camp? She would have to ask Vixensnarl. The ShadowClan leader seemed about ready to snap. No surprise there.

Slatefur gave Thornpaw a slightly scolding look.

@Fawnhearted
Thornpaw,, well, Thornkit met her mentors gaze. It wasn't her fault they that the warrior didn't train her! She'd been forced to go out with an incompetent warrior! She would have to ask Dawnstar for a mentor reassignment provided she was returned to her apprentice status.

(OOC : why on earth is slatefur mad. She's the one who didn't train her apprentice lol, which is partially my fault /nm)

Sign my Sig, Stinky Staff Members!
If non-staff is interested, VM me and I'll add you <3

Last edited by Fawnhearted; December 8th, 2022 at 07:16 AM.
Old December 8th, 2022, 07:12 AM
Your favorite workaholic~

Bump Policy: Whenever is fine!
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnhearted View Post
Thornpaw,, well, Thornkit met her mentors gaze. It wasn't her fault they that the warrior didn't train her! She'd been forced to go out with an incompetent warrior! She would have to ask Dawnstar for a mentor reassignment provided she was returned to her apprentice status.

(OOC : why on earth is slatefur mad. She's the one who did
((Oh I did not realize sorry))

"If you don't have it, you'll never do what needs to be done to change."

•|Slatepaw|•

"Every day, I eat, sleep, and worry about stupid things."

I see you there~
Old December 8th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

So mostly because the leader was three tail lashes away from snapping, she decided to make a quick announcement and then deal with the rest of the idiots in her clan. She was losing so many brain cells right now it wasn't even funny.

"ShadowClan, listen up because I'm not repeating myself. From here on out our kits will be required to learn two of the following lessons, Basic Hunting, Clan History, Clan Relations, Clan Etiquette, Herbs and Prey, Warrior Code, and Self-Defense. I will be teaching the Warrior Code, Elmshadow will be taking care of Herbs and Prey, and Ivysnake has Self-Defense." So Dawnstar had a much longer and more elaborate speech plan with this announcement, but the she-cat was so overwhelmed with her clan right now that she couldn't bother to explain every last detail to them.

"If you wish to teach one of the classes, report to my den, if you have any additional lessons you think our kits should learn, report to my den, and if you have any questions about kit training or would like a more in-depth explanation for the lesson, report to my den." The scarred she-cat's large paws stomped against the wet stone as she began a slightly antsy type of behavior clearly wanting to be done with this meeting. She could not and would not be taking questions here.

"I meant to say Willowhaze, not Willowheart, will be training the Cloverpaw and Sagepaw." The leader remedied her former word choice with a scathing hiss and a furious shake of her head as she flung raindrops away from her. In her growing agitation, even the rain was starting to annoy her.

She noted Ebonysky whining about something, that Dawnstar ignored, and Heatherrain dragging Beeflight with her. "Fine, Heatherrain you train them." Dawnstar snapped, managing to raise her hackles, and then leap down from Shadowlege. She wordlessly dismissed the meeting, stomping out of the camp clearly needing to murder something to cool her head. She's never hated ShadowClan as much as she did right at that moment. This is the most aggravated she has been in a long time.

[Dawn's crazy stressed and upset so her post reflects that she just wanted to be done with the meeting. I would have gone into deeper detail about the Kit Curriculum if she hadn't been. But if you have IC questions on that throw them at Dawn in her den. You can just walk in no need to ask since she’s given permission for cats to come to her. OOC can be tossed at me in VM or PM. I'll be setting up a mass finder for the curriculum, but if there are any certain lessons a warrior wants to teach kits let me know please.]

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and her kits currently reside in her den, enter and she may maim or kill you. She has a closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; December 8th, 2022 at 05:59 PM.
Old December 8th, 2022, 12:33 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: [ error. data corrupted ]
My Mood: Fine

~~Poisonpaw~~

Poisonpaw stood straight, watching. This is getting slightly out of hand. That thought caught the apprentice off guard. They were thinking badly about Dawnstar! They were going to get themselves exiled from the Clan! They kept their mouth shut, backing up into the crowd deeper.
Old December 8th, 2022, 12:55 PM
I'm the antagonist :3

Bump Policy: Anytime, as long as you didn't JUST post! I'm pretty forgetful, so it's fine! ^^
My Mood: Cheerful

Meadowkit gapes from the mouth of the nursery, lessons? This was gonna be so fun! What do I wanna learn?

Click only one |

"Love your neighboor as yourself." - Lev. 19:18

~Eveningstar is the current Morningclan leader, she has a semi-open den policy.~

Last edited by Streamtail; December 8th, 2022 at 12:56 PM.
Old December 8th, 2022, 01:24 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Frigidpaw showed no particular interest in kit requirements. After all, she was no longer one of them.