IDIOTICBEAN'S ART SHOP
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 10:23 AM

Old September 16th, 2021, 04:33 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

(Dapplekit's also a blind kitty! He can see a bit, but there's definitely some impairment. He doesn't know about it yet.)

Dapplekit squealed with delight as he chased after a stray mossball he had rolled out of the nursery. His focus completely on tracking the mossball, he came crashing through the clearing, stumbling over pebbles and twigs but keeping up the same reckless speed. That was, until he slammed into some one. "Ow!" Dapplekit hissed as he bounced back from whatever he had hit, quickly realizing it was a cat. "Sorry! Are you alright?" He bounded back towards the cat he had hit, a kit about his size, grey with... well Dapplekit had stopped trying to guess eye colors long ago, he was usually wrong.

@coffeebeans

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit

Last edited by beau; September 16th, 2021 at 04:33 PM.
Old September 16th, 2021, 06:10 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

~ IVYKIT ~

At least her leap was better; Ivykit could agree on that. She puffed out her chest as she looked up at her father. However, she wasn't stupid. She knew that she hadn't done the leap correctly, even if she had improved. But now Shadestorm seemed to be struggling to properly explain to her. I thought he had apprentices. Ivykit tipped her head on one side. It was odd seeing him struggling like that. She mentally shrugged and decided to pay attention, although she'd definitely be a better teacher than him when she grew up. She padded closer to him as he began his explanation.

He drew what appeared to be half a circle in the dirt, which was meant to be a leap. A bit confusing, but Ivykit was determined to understand it. I want to perform the best leap of every kit in the nursery! Her sharp amber eyes narrowed in concentration as she did her best to follow what he was saying. So, her paws should follow it... and not be... down there. He made a little mark in the circle.

Ivykit was frustrated that she couldn't fully understand what he was explaining, but did her best not to show it. She thought over her father's words. I need to put pressure in my hind legs to push off... and to land... Oh! Her paws were supposed to follow the movement of the leap. That made sense; she'd go with the motion instead of against it. Surely that was what Shadestorm was saying.

"I get it! I go with the movement of the leap to make it more powerful." Ivykit stated her thoughts allowed. Then she thought... Shadestorm had drawn a circle. She'd try to target the circle! Could she get that little x? She'd have to practice for that; instead, she'd just try to get the circle. Ivykit backed up a little and crouched down, thinking about her father's words of going with the movement. This is gonna be the leap. I know it!

Ivykit pressed her haunches back into the ground, making sure that there was less pressure on her front paws; to move with the leap, surely she had to push off with her back ones first? Some sort of instinct told her it was right, even if it felt a bit odd at the moment. Ivykit's eyes narrowed as she focused on the half-circle, her tail swishing behind her across the ground. Then... then...

She leaped! Her paws left the ground, and instead of flailing them through the air, Ivykit went with it. She let her front legs be outstretched enough so that it felt like she was flowing with the movement. Then she landed, right on the circle! Her target! Even though she gave a little jerk forward, for the most part her land was smooth. Pride rushed through her as she looked up at her father.

"I did the leap! I landed! How much more practicing do I have to do? I wanna get the leap perfect and land on that little x." She swished her tail to the little x on the edge of the half-circle. "And then I wanna learn how to swipe my front paws. Could you teach me?" She tipped her head on one side, wondering what her father thought.

@Singing Jay (Don't worry about how long your posts are! I'm fine with it no matter what. )

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old September 17th, 2021, 06:41 PM

Cinderkit nosed her way out of the nursery. she didnt even know half of the cats in the nursery, let alone in the clan. she knew how to hunt and fight, having sneaked out of camp multiple times to watch the apprentices train.
she was overly quiet and shy, after her brother had died. glancing around, she padded to where she saw ivykit practicing leaping. gathering her haunches, she leaped forward in a perfect arc, landing gracefully on the small x.
"h-how did i do?" she asked ivykit. she was bigger than ivykit, since she was almost six moons old.
Old September 17th, 2021, 07:01 PM
*intense sneezing fit*

My Mood: Chatty

@Naiad

Someone had ran into the little tom, and then ran off before realizing he was a cat and coming back to apologize. To be honest, he was still processing this information. He turned to ... Dapplekit ... yes it was her, he believed, and growled, narrowing his sight-less, moss green eyes. "Watch we're you're going. You're pretty reckless for a blind cat" he shot at her. He didn't want to seem mean but stars, why the heck was she running around like a moron?
Old September 17th, 2021, 07:13 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

(Dapplekit isn't aware of his vision impairment yet, so I'll just rp it out like he didn't understand the comment.)

Dapplekit flattened his ears, "Sorry! I was chasing a mossball." He mumbled the apology, surprised at being scolded by someone so close to his age. He brightened some, he was pretty quick to rebound from his hurt feelings, "What's your name?" He asked. The tiny tom sat and curled his skinny ginger and black tail over his paws. This kit seemed quite rude so far, but he didn't mind to much. At least it was someone to talk to, someone other than his siblings at least. They were... odd, or Moonkit was at least. He'd been instructed not to tease her, but he'd yet to see another cat in camp that looked like her. He focused back on the conversation, suddenly aware he had zoned out.

@coffeebeans

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old September 18th, 2021, 01:44 PM
rawr

My Mood: Breezy

Crookedkit sat, his tail wrapped neatly around his paws. He watched some of the other kits play, run around, and laugh. He tilted his head, wondering what they found so exciting about moss ball. He looked down at his paws, wondering what was going on in the other clans. Their home probably wasn't as bad as some of the warriors made it seem, it might look just like this. Happy kits and content warriors. He shrugged it off, telling himself he should be focusing on himself and his clan only. Sighing, he looked back up again, thinking about what he could possibly organize. Oh how he loved organizing.

-- open --
( The organization thing, he just likes to do it ^^ you don't have to have something for him to organize to join >< lol )
Old September 19th, 2021, 12:07 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Mood: Hungry

@TheNyanCatMinecart [It's just something im trying to get better on] @Poppy'song [remember to mention us so we see your post]

Shadestorm smiled and nodded proudly as Ivykit landed, not perfectly but good none
the less. She had both determination and skill, sighs of a good warrior, something she'd grow up to be,
under a good mentor at least. He glanced towards the Shadowledge for a heart beat. Maybe if he became
the deputy before she reached six moons he'd be able to pick out someone to bring out her full potential,
he'd of course like to train her himself to be sure but she would most likely benefit more from someone
else's teaching as well, he would still train her, just not officially. So the plan was just to rise up to deputy
withing 3-4 moons, no problem.

He thought a while about how to best show her the swipe, he'd have to
demonstrate it of course but a few words of advice would help her out...
He opened his mouth to begin but was rudely interrupted by ANOTHER cat, a kit this time
(fortunately) but he was getting annoyed at random cats just coming up and talking to them,
he understood that he was popular but they were kinda in the middle of something here.....
His frustration only grew when the kit (he thought it was Cinderkit but wasn't sure) made the
same leap as his daughter just had, it was perhaps a tiny bit better, but then again they
seemed much older, almost apprentice age so Ivykit had still done remarkably.

"You did fine... Cinderkit..." he mewed, sure of her name now. He didn't like that this kit had just
strolled up to the father and his kit and done better, he didn't want anyone to be better then Ivykit...
"Great job, Ivykit!" he continued, making sure to praise his own kit more before preparing himself to
show the next step, the swipe that Ivykit had wanted to learn, now when she had the leap mastered this
should be much easier. He started with just swiping, bringing his paw back and them swiftly forward, aiming
as if there was a warrior in front of him. "Try that first, do it strong enough to hurt your enemy but not so
you trip over."
His advice was manly directed towards Ivykit since he didn't care about the other one.

- Credit to here for the pfp -

You don't have to ask permission to have crushes on/attack my OCs as long as you don't powerplay

Old September 19th, 2021, 07:44 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

~ IVYKIT ~

Ivykit turned toward her father, about to get his advice, when this cat suddenly leaped in their direction. The she-kit backed up and watched as the cat landed perfectly on the little X Shadestorm had drawn. Cinderkit! The kit who was nearly six moons, and who she knew as a bit of a pest, but other than that thing at the ShadowClan event, Ivykit didn't know much about her. But she'd just outperformed her, perfectly landing on that X, and even asking how she'd done. Oh, Cinderkit was asking her? Ivykit felt herself getting competitive. Sure, Cinderkit was much older, and almost an apprentice. Ivykit would learn more skills later. But she'd been practicing, and hard, and this cat had just come in and outperformed her.

"Good skills," she commented. "You did fine. But I'm learning with Father. I'll learn front paw swipes, and then I'll land on it just as good as you!" Ivykit knew that at some point in her life, she had to beat Cinderkit. When she was older and knew more would be a good time to outperform Cinderkit. Ivykit held herself higher and looked at Cinderkit, not wanting to seem like a weak little kit even though she was nearly four moons younger, twice her current age of two moons.

At least Shadestorm seemed proud enough of her. I've still gotta get better. I'll learn as much as I can now, and of course more will come to me when I'm older. But that doesn't mean I should slack off! Slacking off is bad! And then there was the interruption from Cinderkit, who Shadestorm seemed annoyed by. It seemed as though he didn't like the lesson being interrupted, which made sense. It could get annoying. At least Ivykit was learning some more of her Clanmates, though.

Shadestorm turned away from Cinderkit, and Ivykit was still not happy at being outperformed, but the other kit was older. Besides, she could show her who was better later, after she'd mastered the skill. Oh, now they were learning the swipe! "I'm learning. When I'm older and trained more, I'll be the best jumper in ShadowClan!" Ivykit promised to Cinderkit, then turned her gaze back to her father.

She listened carefully, ears pricked. It didn't seem too hard... but she'd have to be careful. Ivykit lifted one paw off the ground and felt herself getting unstable. I can balance on three paws! Determination went through her and she narrowed her eyes in concentration as she focused on putting her weight on three paws. Once she seemed steady enough, Ivykit raised one paw and put power into the blow. Her paw flew through the air while her paws were planted in the ground, hard, to keep her balance and also make sure that she didn't trip.

Ivykit's paw whacked into the ground and she did stagger a little, but she didn't stop. Her eyes narrowed determinedly. I'm gonna do it. It would've been easier with a real cat to whack, but doing it like this would make her more prepared for an actual battle, wouldn't it? Ivykit's eyes narrowed and she replayed her father's move in her mind. She kept her claws sheathed, but raised one paw and didn't slam it into the ground. Her aim was to hit her enemy, right?

She swiped at the air in front of her. Better, but she was still a little wobbly. Her eyes narrowed further and she swiped again. And again. The more time she did it, the steadier she felt, and the better the move felt. Then she got an idea. What if she surprised Shadestorm? Ivykit turned toward them. "How was that?" she asked, and before he answered, she raised one paw and swiped it as his leg as hard as she could. She hoped for her paw to connect with his leg.

@Singing Jay @Poppy'song (Sorry for it being so long lol)

Character Creator!

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old September 19th, 2021, 08:34 PM
Woodsy

Status: “And if I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” - Althea Davis
Bump Policy: Yes
My Mood: Fine

@Naiad | Condorcall

Silence had fallen between both molly and tom as they day continued to evening, the descent of dusk enclosing upon the entirety of the pines which ShadowClan inhabited. Condorcall raised his head to view the sky of night, captured in its talons as though it were a bird of prey. But, despite the grip they fastened around his pelt and tore the fur from his skin, he felt his discomfort. He closed his eyes momentary, inhaling the frigid breeze that pulled coldness across the land before reopening them to face the chocolate hide of them feline before him. Though his blaze shaded hues remained aloof, the ends of velvet lips curled into a subtle grin, pleased by the other’s engagement when he knew most would have swayed from conversing with a tomcat like he. Orchidmoon appeared different, and for that, he was grateful. However, rather she’d embrace the customs of his heritage was another matter he had yet to graze.

Clearing his raspy throat and having the grin dissipate along his features, Condorcall stood from his site along the clearing. His long limbs heaved his body up, stretching across the darkening forest floor as several cracks emitted from his tensed bones. He blinked, offering a swift lick to his midnight mane before drifting his gaze to the exit of the abyss. His jaws parted, but not before a click sounded from his maw due to his tongue tapping the roof. He began to speak, slowly but certain. “Suppose then I am like many others in that sense of satisfaction…” His trailed into quietness as he bowed his head to the feline, shifting his petite paws along the earth. “But no matter. The night is calling. I may not perish with contentment, but no one can say that I have not made the attempt.”

Concluding his statement with a curt nod, Condorcall began to sway his foreign build to the direction of the exit, but not before pausing his step. Chivalry had met with his senses, reminding him to act before the other. He offered what he could to demonstrate the mannerisms he had been enlightened of by his kin, now placing them to use as they would have desired of him. “I don’t mean to end this exchange so soon, it has been pleasant.” He spoke. “But there is much to do now as nightfall approaches. I’ll have to retire from speaking in the meantime. Unless, of course, you care to join me on my personal vigil?”
Old September 21st, 2021, 01:59 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@Zesha //

➸ snifflesneeze

the arrival of loonfeather caused snifflesneeze to turn his head slightly in the direction of where the tom was. his mouth stretched into a large grin at the greeting, and would let out a deep mumble that sounded similar to a "hellooo.." he didn't bother moving from his spot, or changing positions. he continued to lie there, looking comfy. "ooh, the flowers..?" he hummed, head giving a lazy, thoughtful nod.

"they're for the kits..mhmm. well, they were originally gonna be for beargrowl.." there was a tiny pause. "..you know, the big ol' grumpy senior warrior? but then...I was like, what if that isn't a good idea, so i gave 'em to the kits or queens to find." it explained, sniffling a bit. "did you want some?" it finally asked, just as curious as loonfeather was.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days