Last post by Blazimations
Today 08:10 AM

Old January 28th, 2024, 01:13 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Sad

Default Re: WindClan Healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post
I do not believe that Lightningstorm necessarily knows how to handle frostbite, as she has never seen the injury - frostbite is not an illness, it is an injury - nor has she had it been mentioned, so if this is a very, very severe case, Redpaw will be potentially losing toes at a bare minimum. If it is a smaller injury in which there is only redness accompanied by some numbness, she will consider keeping Redpaw warm and give something to provide strength in a way to fight off the numbness - as I am assuming she will be drenched and shivering - but if Redpaw is cold to the touch there is a high possibility that realistically limbs might be lost. I give this as a warning as I did not see any loss of limbs being mentioned in desired outcomes, and instead of a description of the actual look of the injury under Injury Overview I was given a description of how it happened, which unfortunately doesn't help much for letting me know what exactly Lightningstorm is going to be dealing with? A lighter frostbite might be more viable for the roleplay if Redpaw if loss of limbs was never the intention!

Regardless of your choice here, @finley.exe please feel free to have Azaleadrizzle bring Redpaw in! I will be waiting until patrols are back as realistically this would be happening after the patrols were sent, but I am not sure what herbs will be getting back to Lightning for the treatment, which is why no one has gotten treatment yet. Will be getting to these as soon as possible, though.

Oh yes I apologize about that, yes it is a lighter type of frostbite, would you like me to remake the form before posting a starter Or finley posting a starter in the medicine den?

Help me hatch my babies
Old January 29th, 2024, 09:31 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime At All (n○t if you JUST posted, wait 5/10 minutes!)
My Mood: Lurking

Birthing Form

Name: Minttuft
Gender & Pronouns: she/her. female.
Litter Size [And Stillborns If Any]: kits 5, no stillborn.
Difficulties During Birth [If Any]: minttuft doesnt quite trust lighting as she wants cow back
Live/Die/Desired Outcome: live
Mention: @Alchemist Kitsune
Old January 29th, 2024, 03:19 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naila View Post
Oh yes I apologize about that, yes it is a lighter type of frostbite, would you like me to remake the form before posting a starter Or finley posting a starter in the medicine den?
No need for an additional form! Feel free to post a starter, and I'll get to it soon... ish? Waiting on patrols to come back with herbs, although I might cheat a little and have Lightning go out for herbs herself to be able to start up on the healing roleplays.

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old January 30th, 2024, 05:19 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard. View Post
Birthing Form

Name: Minttuft
Gender & Pronouns: she/her. female.
Litter Size [And Stillborns If Any]: kits 5, no stillborn.
Difficulties During Birth [If Any]: minttuft doesnt quite trust lighting as she wants cow back
Live/Die/Desired Outcome: live
Mention: @Alchemist Kitsune
Form accepted! Might throw in Lightning later, but to be honest, if there will be no problems in the birth, queens tend to give birth with the help of other queens, as they have more experience on the matter than Lightning - she's barely out of apprenticeship herself right now - she might mostly linger outside the nursery and leave once she notices she's not needed.

Old February 3rd, 2024, 03:07 PM
Warrior

Bump Policy: 2 Days~
My Mood: Inspired

Hollowfoot
Male
Warrior
Desired Outcome: Live
Other: He doesn't want to bother her anymore than he needs to.

*Note of the injury - Vicious clawmarks across his face, mostly on his muzzle and forehead.

@Alchemist Kitsune
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," William Shakespeare
"Maybe it needs one of these doo-hickeys?" Arcee - Transformers PRIME

Last edited by RoboPrism; February 3rd, 2024 at 03:08 PM.
Old February 4th, 2024, 05:19 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboPrism View Post
Hollowfoot
Male
Warrior
Desired Outcome: Live
Other: He doesn't want to bother her anymore than he needs to.

*Note of the injury - Vicious clawmarks across his face, mostly on his muzzle and forehead.

@Alchemist Kitsune
Form accepted, feel free to post a starter with Hollow in the meddie den! I am still going down the list of responses in the den slowly as there is a massive herb shortage going on, but if patrols don't come back with more herbs I will send Lightning out to get something to help heal Hollow before I get to his post.

Old February 21st, 2024, 05:24 PM
german plant mom

Status: having an unhealthy obsession with this heart symbol -> ♡
Bump Policy: ♡ 1x per week ♡
My Mood: Dead

Name: Pumpkinpatch
Gender & Pronouns: male, he/him
Injury Overview: hit his head after falling out of a tree during patrols - minor head injury, concussion, is slightly dazed and has mild temporary memory loss
Live/Die/Desired Outcome: lives

Other: Phew, I hope I'm doing this right? qwq I'd like to use this as sort of a starter for the character if that's fine? With a bit of amnesia his first days of recovery he can then be just as confused about everything as I am lmao.

@Alchemist Kitsune
Old February 22nd, 2024, 02:56 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Name: Pumpkinpatch
Gender & Pronouns: male, he/him
Injury Overview: hit his head after falling out of a tree during patrols - minor head injury, concussion, is slightly dazed and has mild temporary memory loss
Live/Die/Desired Outcome: lives

Other: Phew, I hope I'm doing this right? qwq I'd like to use this as sort of a starter for the character if that's fine? With a bit of amnesia his first days of recovery he can then be just as confused about everything as I am lmao.

@Alchemist Kitsune
From the description of the injury, I am assuming there is no visible wound aside of perhaps a bump? Wanting to make sure what Lightningstorm would see! If that is the case, I do accept the form - no problems in it, no worries - but I do have a caveat. Healing roleplays take a long time! I have many going and my time to respond each day is limited! Because of this, while I am happy to have Pumpkinpatch checked up by Lightningstorm, feel free to roleplay your warrior outside of the healing roleplay as it goes on! I do not believe there will be any treatment other than keeping him in observation for a few days to make sure there is no damage she didn't initially spot or that showed up after the fact and a quick talk to Twilightstar to let her know what's up with him, as she would want to know! He should be out and about in a few days, which should leave him free to roleplay instantly, even as the healing roleplay is going. If you are alright with this, then feel free to drop me a starter in the WindClan Medicine Cat's Den and I will get to it as soon as I can.

Old February 22nd, 2024, 03:26 PM
german plant mom

Status: having an unhealthy obsession with this heart symbol -> ♡
Bump Policy: ♡ 1x per week ♡
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post
From the description of the injury, I am assuming there is no visible wound aside of perhaps a bump? Wanting to make sure what Lightningstorm would see! If that is the case, I do accept the form - no problems in it, no worries - but I do have a caveat. Healing roleplays take a long time! I have many going and my time to respond each day is limited! Because of this, while I am happy to have Pumpkinpatch checked up by Lightningstorm, feel free to roleplay your warrior outside of the healing roleplay as it goes on! I do not believe there will be any treatment other than keeping him in observation for a few days to make sure there is no damage she didn't initially spot or that showed up after the fact and a quick talk to Twilightstar to let her know what's up with him, as she would want to know! He should be out and about in a few days, which should leave him free to roleplay instantly, even as the healing roleplay is going. If you are alright with this, then feel free to drop me a starter in the WindClan Medicine Cat's Den and I will get to it as soon as I can.
I would've imagined like a small laceration perhaps but I'll go with whatever works best for you! ^^ And no worries, I'm in no rush~
You mean posting the character in multiple places at once? (That's allowed? :0) [Edit: Another user already answered this one for me :3]
Are healing roleplays that complex? Genuine questions, usually I know it as chucking some herbs at a patient and calling it a day, but there seems to be a bit more to it here?

♡ my kitty charas ♡★ camp reborn rp ★

Last edited by Indy; February 22nd, 2024 at 06:05 PM.
Old February 24th, 2024, 03:24 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I would've imagined like a small laceration perhaps but I'll go with whatever works best for you! ^^ And no worries, I'm in no rush~
You mean posting the character in multiple places at once? (That's allowed? :0) [Edit: Another user already answered this one for me :3]
Are healing roleplays that complex? Genuine questions, usually I know it as chucking some herbs at a patient and calling it a day, but there seems to be a bit more to it here?
Lacerations work! Lightning is well stocked with herbs to handle those. And just to reinforce what was already answered, as long as the multiple places are not happening at the same time, then yes, you can indeed roleplay the same character in multiple locations! Roleplays usually last a fair bit, and assuming for example the roleplay is a simple conversation out in the clearing that takes a week to finish, that conversation was really just a few minutes, so it would make sense to have your character participate in other things in the meantime!

As for healing roleplay complexity, it really depends! Some roleplays are as simple as chucking herbs at a patient and calling it a day, but others are more complex, some spanning month long plots even, and Lightning used to be the teasing type which meant some sort of conversation would go on while she was healing her patients, even in the simpler healing requests! She's gone a bit bitter since some cats in WindClan suggested hunting down her former mentor like prey when he was exiled, but I do still have her talk to patients, and the other meddies are lovely at making the roleplays feel like the visits are proper visits as well! I feel it makes the roleplays more fun and immersive than just "Here, have these herbs now go", although it does mean I tend to take a little bit longer with responses, as my time for responses per day can vary.