Old July 1st, 2024, 09:40 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

Elderberrymint
“Who are we when memories fade?”
@Undertaker

When the elder heard another cats voice she was relieved. What a wonderful sound, oh did the silly thing had its claws out. The elder squinted her eyes and studied the warrior. They seemed like... Like one of her kits, but how did they get so big so quickly. Did she have more than one litter..? "You look... Like my little Beetlepaw, how did you grow up so fast?" The elder said as she started to get up but was so labored, so hungry she just lied back down. "Beetlepaw did you get your warrior name? Could you help mama out?" She gave 'Beetlepaw' a soft smile. She knew she had to talk to them about the whole claws out thing but that was for another time! Such a silly child, maybe they were out hunting..

Old July 3rd, 2024, 07:23 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Fish - Elderberrymist
What was wrong with this grandma?! Leechscar met a lot of crazy cats, but this was a new type of crazy. He sheathed his claws considering there would be a need to fight her. He might have to drag her to the outskirts though. Beetlepaw? Who the hell was Beetlepaw?

Huffing, Leechscar padded closer to the cat deeming her a mild threat, while pinning his ears back against his skull. The muscles underneath his pelt flexed at the mention of 'mama'. Did this grandma think she was his mother? That was a whole new level of insulting! He growled softly at the slight but knew better than to raise his claws against someone as pitiful as this old lady.

"Granny, you should get your nose checked out." Upon closer inspection the she-cat looked slightly on the malnourished side. Perhaps she was one of the cats that couldn't keep up with wherever RiverClan had gotten to. Regardless, he knew Twilightstar wouldn't want him hurting such a feeble cat. Still, she couldn't stay here. Would he get in trouble if he dumped her on ThunderClan's territory?

"What's wrong with you? Did you hit your head or something?" Leechscar faintly recalled Watertail being weird and insane or rather more insane after he hit his head. The cat didn't look like she had any wounds on her though. Leechscar had a tough time figuring out what to do with the cat. He didn't want to bring some random RiverClanner back to camp without Twilightstar's permission, even if she was crazy. If she freaked out and harmed a clanmate he was sure that'd be on him.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old July 4th, 2024, 01:33 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Elderberrymint
@Undertaker

"Granny? Beetlepaw I am not that old... Er wait, I am, but its still rude. Also senses start to get weaker when your older and..." Elderberrymint squinted her eyes while she tried hard to think on something, occasionally glancing around until she was spoken to again. "My body aches a lot.. Maybe I fell down, but my head feels fine and my senses sharp!" Slowly and labored Elderberrymint got up from the ground before taking a pose to look to show off how fit she was. Despite this being not the case.

Then it seemed as her eyes unfocused for a few moments. Her mind went fuzzy before fear filled her eyes. "Oh I have to find my kits! I haven't seen them anywhere! Do you think you can help?" The elder looked distressed but as always seemed to be not frightened of the warrior in front of her. While she might think her senses were sharp the one pointing to potential danger was as dull as a rock. "They are so small the couldn't have gotten that far..."

Last edited by Fish; July 4th, 2024 at 01:34 AM.
Old July 5th, 2024, 10:38 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

@MangofDoom @Fish
It seemed like Poppysong was doing that typical thing, where they'd show up to talk to all the cats on patrol, and then show no sign of actually getting out of camp to do it. Even Spottedpaw was getting antsy, voicing her irritation at the delay. Deadmoon couldn't help agree with the apprentice, turning to march out of camp with a small huff. I'm going, you two are welcome to tag along if you can be bothered. she mewed, tail lashing a bit more vigorously than fully necessary against the air. She didn't understand why she wasn't made patrol leader at this point, most of the time she was the one making everybody get a move on both out into the territory and back to camp. Who knew how Lightningstorm's mind worked. Deadmoon wasn't in the mood to question it.

By the time she reached Sedgewater valley she was feeling a bit calmer, though not in the mood to try and engage in peaceful conversation. Instead she went stamping away through the somewhat mucky ground, looking for the daisies and chamomile. Random white flowers, basically. And there did seem to be plenty of those, ripe for the digging up. Because that was what Lightningstorm wanted, right? Them dug up so she would definitely have the bits she needed? Completely clueless as to which white flower she was digging up, Deadmoon pawed at the ground around one cluster, dislodging two flowers. Nice!

Just in case they were the wrong kind, she made her way to a second cluster. It....maybe looked different? Or it could just be the same ones growing a bit taller? She wasn't really sure, but took two plants from that cluster as well. And, for good measure, she found a slightly shorter looking white flower growing a bit away and dug that up too. Her mouth was really full of flower by now, so much so that she couldn't really talk, so she made her way out of the marshiest bit of the valley and made a muffled, hopefully questioning Mrmph! whilst pointing her tail in the direction of camp.
(+2 daisies +2 chamomile +1 random white flower)
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Fish - Elderberrymist
Leechscar wrinkled his nose but didn't bother refuting the she-cat's words. He didn't have a solid grasp on the other she-cat age, but she had to be at least as old as Twilightstar if not older. Was she as old as Batglare? He's never heard the old man complaining about his senses, but whatever. Why did she keep calling him Beetlepaw? Did he look like one of her kits?

She said she hadn't hurt her head, but she was not in the right mind. Did the brain deteriorate as you got older as well?! The warrior rolled his eyes at the brave show the molly put on, she bet the slightest breeze would knock her back on her ass. Seriously, Leechscar didn't want to deal with this dung? A loud long sigh parted from his maw as she spoke about kits. "I swear RiverClan has bees for brains." He growled under his breath.

"My name is Leechscar, not Beetlepaw, old lady." He grunted with a shake of his head. "How many kits do you have, what are their names, where'd you see them last, and where do you think you are right now?" He parted his maw widely and breathed in the fresh air in search of other fresh scents. Outside of her, he was finding anything that indicated kits were around, but if she had lost sight of them before she arrived here...

The grumpy tom lashed his tail with irritability and was starting to get the feeling that he should fetch Twilightstar. Lost kits were a big problem. But first, he should figure out if this cat was as crazy as a fox in a fit or not. From her state, she had traveled a great distance. She didn't look hurt or like she had been attacked, just tired and on the bony side.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Elderberrymint
@Undertaker

"Leechscar..! Now that's not a name you hear often but..." Elderberrymint tilted her head as she studied the warrior before making an approving nod. "I think you were given a fine name."

"That kits... How many... Well let's see..." Elderberrymint squinted her eyes as she tried to focus on the facts of the matter, but things felt loose like sandy loam. There were fleeting memories of what once was but they were echos. Although she wasn't in the right state of mind to realize this but the stress of being driven out of her homeland harmed her ability to recall the past as well, possibly permanently. There were fleeting memories... Warmth of greenleaf, milk, soft mewing. "Four." She declared. "Leafkit, Mintkit, Sandkit and Viperkit."

She then looked around a little trying to figure out where she was exactly. None of this fit in her mind right, not when she looked to Windclan and not when she looked back towards her home. Fear raddled in her heart as the feeling like she was just dropped down from the heavens in an unknown place. Swishing her tail a few times to relax her nerves she looked back to Leechscar. "I think we are in a field.. but, I don't remember where I last saw them..." She let worry dance across her face yet again but tried to act brave, the growl of her stomach instead made her squint in annoyance. There was no time to be ruled by ones gut with kits missing.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM
Adderpaw my darling

@gs29513 @MangofDoom

Right now she was out at the smellwater area and now she had to find some flowers for her adopted mothers heart stopper—wait that fit her kits better. Her mate, there. Spottedpaw rolled her eyes to her own mind correcting itself. Right daisies and chamomile, simple enough. The young apprentice split off from the group of warriors not really feeling like being near anyone. She didn't cross the border even if they were told that they could indirectly. No that was for Riverclan cats to use when they got back. Flowers lasted that long and without doubt they would need those. So she wondered around for a while all the while thinking in her mind her next moves in life. They were not grand plans, but they could be described as 'drastic'. She would describe them as the obvious next steps though. The whole forest was just filled with dramatic cats anyways.

In the middle of thinking Spottedpaw came across a small patch of daisies and curled up and batted at them for a little while. There was enough for her to take and not be able to hold anymore so no need to go anywhere else. Instead she was going to wait for her members to find their flowers before she took these and left. Standing around and waiting didn't make a difference at all so she was going to cure her boredom.

+4 Daisies