×° Shrew's humble little...
by Shrew
Last post by Shrew
Today 10:51 PM

Old May 2nd, 2020, 05:43 PM

My Mood: Distracted
Default Re: Walk in the Moonlight {OPEN}

{Quite alright!}

Aspenpool's ears perked up at the idea of Mouse also having sleeping issues. She wondered what kept him up in the dark, late at night. If he tossed and turned and couldn't for the life of him get to sleep, because he knew what that would mean. And as he was drifting off, he was already regretting allowing himself to dare fall asleep. If every night he was greeted with visions of death and terror, or like Aspenpool, fire and the screeching of other cats. Sometimes she would swear she could smell the stench of burning fur. Other times she would find herself unable to awake at all-

She stopped. Shifting the weight on her paws.

Now wasn't the time for that. She gazed back at Mouse, now listening to what he was asking. "The clan is wonderful, really. It provides a sense of belonging and gives much safety" She meant it. It offered protection, friendships, a meaning- it was everything she could want honestly. "My clanmates are my friends and family..." She stopped for a second before smiling at Mouse, "But no, I don't have any toms that are special to me really in my clan. Some are wonderful friends though." She didn't have a mate. Had always figured she would find a nice cat in Riverclan and settle down some day. It just hadn't happened yet. Sure, she had relationships with other cats, but she just hadn't found someone she had really felt understood her. And then to have this wonderful cat in front of her, it made her rethink a lot of things.

"What about you? What is it like where you come from?" She wasn't sure if Mouse had other cats that he knew or if he stayed alone. She really was only familiar with other clan cats. Where did he come from? She wanted to know more about him.
@wolfnight
Old May 2nd, 2020, 05:56 PM
No pressure, no diamonds.

My Mood: Tired

Mouse twitched his ears as she thought about what he had said about not sleeping well. I wonder if she has bad dreams like me...She said that she takes walks a lot, so maybe she has bad dreams too... He shook his short black pelt, not wanting to think about that right now.

Mouse listened as she talked about her clan. He was listening to her, but he couldn't help but notice how her green eyes sparkled in the night. He smiled as he looked her over. He hadn't noticed before how her sand-colored pelt shone in the light of the moon. Wow...She's beautiful... He couldn't help but sigh in relief as she replied she didn't have any special toms. He was a little surprised when she asked about where he lived.

"Oh, well...I wandered around a lot. I mostly just made a nest in the forest for one night, then moved on to another place." He looked at the night sky, a little nervous. He had never told another cat about his past life. But then again, no one really asked. "Right now, I have settled down. I live in a barn currently. There is another cat who lives there. He is pretty nice. He let me stay, so that was good." He smiled as he remembered the barn. "It's warm and cozy. Always full of mice, and it's always peaceful." He looked back at Aspenpool. Mouse looked into her green eyes with his amber eyes, looking into their depths, not wanting to look away, fearful it would brake the moment. He was breathing quietly. Time seemed to stand still, everything else faded into the back round. It was just him, and her.

@Camilla

Please give me a bump if I don’t respond winthin 72 hours! Thanks!

Charries
Old May 2nd, 2020, 06:30 PM

Aspenpool let out a loud purr as he talked about where he lived. She was so intrigued to hear about this barn. It sounded warm and cozy like he had said. She was relieved that he had a quiet, safe place to stay, and was even more relieved that he wasn't some sort of crazed lunatic. Just another cat like herself, trying to survive.

She was glad when he mentioned that he had settled down for the time being. That means he isn't leaving anytime soon. "That does sound peaceful." she admitted quietly, but she found her eyes locked on his. Unable to look away because she didn't honestly know what to say, and at the same time didn't want to speak at all. She wanted to tell him that she actually liked him. She found him to be charming, and interesting, and he was kind to her when he really had not needed to be. She found herself looking at his fur, wanting to nuzzle her face in it. She sighed quietly, happy in this moment and not wanting to leave it. A smile rolled over her face for a moment before saying, "I'm glad I got to see you again Mouse. I want to..." her voice was so frail and quiet, "keep being able to see you..." She wasn't sure what that meant for either of them, but she felt the need to say it.
@wolfnight
Old May 2nd, 2020, 06:56 PM

Mouse sighed softly as he saw her eyes wander to his fur, as if she wanted to put her face in it. He could of sat there forever, staring at her. Looking into those green eyes, wondering what she was thinking. He heard her say something quietly and smiled, glad that she felt the same as him. I don't think I would be able to stop seeing her now. He managed to talk, though it was also frail and small. "I-I would love that..." He started to move forward,
then hesitated. He made up his mind and moved closer to her, he let their pelts touch. He was close enough to her to feel her breathing. He started to purr, liking to be close to her.
@Camilla

Charries
Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:08 PM

Aspenpool breathed in deeply as Mouse allowed their pelts to touch ever so slightly. She finally took her head and nuzzled it against Mouse's fur. She purred deeply, closing her eyes for a moment thinking about how he had said that he would also like to keep seeing her. She wasn't sure how that would even be possible, being a clan cat. He would never want a life like she has right? How could she possibly explain to him that the simple meeting they had on a walk one night had ended up meaning something to her. She felt almost silly to think about it. She had found herself thinking about Mouse even back at camp since their meeting. "I keep thinking about you." she admitted, sweetly purring, her fur against his. "Even back at camp. I-" She didn't really know what else to say and stopped momentarily, waiting on Mouse to say something. She looked at him, wondering how he might feel.
@wolfnight
Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:25 PM

Mouse started to purr louder as Aspenpool nuzzled her head into his pelt. He did the same, letting her scent fill his nose as he did. He intertwined his tail with hers, wanting to stay here forever. He gave her fur a quick lick as he continued to purr. He heard Aspenpool talk about how she had been thinking about him. "I can't keep you out of my head," he admitted. "I keep scaring away prey when I am trying to hunt..." His voice was quiet and careful, not wanting to go forward too soon. "I...I wish I could meet your friends..." He sighed, knowing he couldn't. He had heard about how some clan cats were mean to rouges like him. He shook his head. "N-evermind...It was a studpid idea..." he turned away from him, thinking about all the reasons this would never work.

@Camilla

Charries
Old May 2nd, 2020, 09:53 PM

Aspenpool shut her eyes as he licked her fur. She thought about how hard it had been to train her apprentice with Mouse on her mind and wondering if she was letting down others by interacting with a rouge. She felt saddened when he said his idea had been stupid. "It's not a stupid idea. I wish you could meet them too." It wasn't a stupid idea...but it was one that Aspenpool wasn't sure would work. Joining the clan meant a lot of commitment and work and her clanmates were not as accepting as she was. She didn't want to take away Mouse's freedom. She didn't want to suggest that. "My friends aren't all as accepting as I am...Maybe I can come see your barn sometime though?" She hoped this idea would be a good suggestion to make up for the fact that Mouse really couldn't see where she lived.
@wolfnight
Old May 2nd, 2020, 10:05 PM

Mouse looked at Aspenpool, love showing clearly in his eyes. He purred loudly, grateful that she wanted to make this work. "I would love that..." He rested his head on top of the smaller she-cats head. "Aspenpool...I know this isn't surprising, but I think I'm in love with you.." He got up, putting his tail under her chin flirtatiously before running away into the forest, hoping she would catch on to the game. "You better hurry or you'll never catch me!" He laughed over his shoulder as he slowed down, waiting for her to catch up.
@Camilla

Charries

Last edited by Polaris; May 2nd, 2020 at 10:06 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 10:10 PM

Aspenpool looked at him for just a second, taking in what was happening before looking back at him and saying, "I'm in love with you too, Mouse" and just like that he was gone. Aspenpool laughed as she got up and quickly ran after him. She was small and nimble, fast on her feet. The only thing slowing her down was the fact that she was laughing. "I can keep up!" she declared in a playful way as she darted after him.
@wolfnight

Last edited by Camilla; May 2nd, 2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 10:14 PM

Mouse was purring even louder as he raced away. He saw her coming up close behind him and he ran faster. He didn't look in front of him, so he tripped on a root, falling down and rolling, before hitting into a tree. He groaned and slowly got up. He started to laugh, despite of being in pain.
@Camilla

Charries