Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by ---Bluestar---
Today 01:24 AM
WindClan Medicine Cat's Den
by Ian
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 01:11 AM
Warrior Code 101 [P]
Last post by bigbxdwolfz
Today 01:10 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Today 12:20 AM
ThunderClan Warriors' Den
by dino.
Today 12:07 AM

Old July 25th, 2024, 08:36 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Softpaw's Training [P]

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |

Heroneye stumbled forward with surprise when the apprentice bumped into her. “Ah, no, it’s fine.” She shook her head. “I shouldn’t have stopped so suddenly.” A frown tugged at her mouth, a bit guiltily. It was her job, in her eyes, to watch where she was going so that Softpaw could have room to be absentminded--not the other way around.

At the river, the apprentice had commented on how simple it seemed. Well, that was what Heroneye wanted, right? To break every aspect of hunting down into small, easily-digestible pieces, that is. Or maybe Softpaw meant that it was so simple that Heroneye was wasting her time by mentioning it and no Heroneye, stop it right now. She wouldn’t--couldn’t, that is--be a perfect cat, but overthinking literally everything would not help her in that regard. At the very least, she should be present for the lesson and not give Softpaw any further reason to doubt her.

After that, Softpaw asked about shadows. “I had mostly meant that the fish would be startled and alerted of your presence with your shadow,” Heroneye responded, a bit more bluntly than intended. “Though, of course, the lack of light would make spotting fish more difficult. In any case, you may not always be able to keep your shadow out of the water completely, depending on the location and time of day, but it’s still something to be mindful of.”

“In any case, once you’ve spotted a fish, it’s much the same as land hunting,” Heroneye explained, tilting her head at the river. “The idea is to scoop the fish out as quickly as possible. They’re slippery creatures and will be very resistant to your attacks; it’s important to remain calm, even as the fish begins to flail or attempt to slip out of your paws.”

Heroneye narrowed her eyes thoughtfully, deciding to go with a different approach this time around. “Let’s watch the water for a bit. See if you can spot anything, and I’ll try to demonstrate a catch for you.”

( @SeonghwaBerry )

Last edited by Fits; July 25th, 2024 at 08:39 PM.
Old July 25th, 2024, 08:48 PM
ATEEZ PRESENT

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

Heroneye stumbled forward with surprise when the apprentice bumped into her. “Ah, no, it’s fine.” She shook her head. “I shouldn’t have stopped so suddenly.” A frown tugged at her mouth, a bit guiltily. It was her job, in her eyes, to watch where she was going so that Softpaw could have room to be absentminded--not the other way around.

At the river, the apprentice had commented on how simple it seemed. Well, that was what Heroneye wanted, right? To break every aspect of hunting down into small, easily-digestible pieces, that is. Or maybe Softpaw meant that it was so simple that Heroneye was wasting her time by mentioning it and no Heroneye, stop it right now. She wouldn’t--couldn’t, that is--be a perfect cat, but overthinking literally everything would not help her in that regard. At the very least, she should be present for the lesson and not give Softpaw any further reason to doubt her.

After that, Softpaw asked about shadows. “I had mostly meant that the fish would be startled and alerted of your presence with your shadow,” Heroneye responded, a bit more bluntly than intended. “Though, of course, the lack of light would make spotting fish more difficult. In any case, you may not always be able to keep your shadow out of the water completely, depending on the location and time of day, but it’s still something to be mindful of.”

“In any case, once you’ve spotted a fish, it’s much the same as land hunting,” Heroneye explained, tilting her head at the river. “The idea is to scoop the fish out as quickly as possible. They’re slippery creatures and will be very resistant to your attacks; it’s important to remain calm, even as the fish begins to flail or attempt to slip out of your paws.”

Heroneye narrowed her eyes thoughtfully, deciding to go with a different approach this time around. “Let’s watch the water for a bit. See if you can spot anything, and I’ll try to demonstrate a catch for you.”

( @SeonghwaBerry )
Softpaw watched and listened as her mentor apologized. Shaking her head gently Softpaw listened to the response to her question and some other adivce. "Hmm...... It all seems to connect though." Softpaw mewed quietly, "Demonstrate a catch? What if you catching the fish scares away all the other fish?" Softpaw wondered, but immedietly obeyed, as the command was given she sat and her eyes locked onto the water. "With the fish..... as we spoke of before. My paws are small which concludes to my claws being limited. Wouldn't a big fish be able to slip away?" Softpaw wondered. Softpaw had a small problem she didn't realize. She was obideient which was every mentors dream. But taught by her rule following mother Sweetsap, Softpaw was to obidient, she listened to cats in the clan, cats below her cats above her. Shes given a command and as her mother drilled into her, her body immedietly follows the command wheather she wants to or not. Softpaw had a hard time realizing when to not listen which made her vunerable, if an enemy fake whimpered in battle or yowled for her to get off. Softpaw would just leap off and possibly get attacked.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever"
- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw

Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed up <3
Old July 26th, 2024, 08:35 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

Eyes fixed on the water, Heroneye couldn’t help but be reminded of RiverClan’s territory--its real territory, not that bizarre place they’d found themselves in during their exile. If she stared hard enough at the river and ignored everything else, it was almost like she was back again. Until she once again felt the unforgiving stone against her paw pads, bringing her back into the mountains. There was really no use in clinging to that life then, she supposed. Surely, very soon, Fadingstar would announce that it was time to make the trek back, and that would be the end of the whole exile fiasco. She was certainly not looking forward to another three day walk, though. The first time was miserable enough, thank you...

Heroneye was snapped back to reality as she noticed a thin fish drifting along the river floor. In a triumph against instinct, she managed to remain perfectly still, forcing her gaze away from the movement; she wanted to give Softpaw a chance to spot it for herself. Once she had, Heroneye would (attempt to) catch the fish, all the while narrating her actions and thoughts. She wanted to see if that would be a more effective way of teaching the technique.

( @DdeongJoongie_Tanghulu )
Old July 26th, 2024, 08:53 PM
ATEEZ PRESENT

Quote:

Heroneye

Eyes fixed on the water, Heroneye couldn’t help but be reminded of RiverClan’s territory--its real territory, not that bizarre place they’d found themselves in during their exile. If she stared hard enough at the river and ignored everything else, it was almost like she was back again. Until she once again felt the unforgiving stone against her paw pads, bringing her back into the mountains. There was really no use in clinging to that life then, she supposed. Surely, very soon, Fadingstar would announce that it was time to make the trek back, and that would be the end of the whole exile fiasco. She was certainly not looking forward to another three day walk, though. The first time was miserable enough, thank you...

Heroneye was snapped back to reality as she noticed a thin fish drifting along the river floor. In a triumph against instinct, she managed to remain perfectly still, forcing her gaze away from the movement; she wanted to give Softpaw a chance to spot it for herself. Once she had, Heroneye would (attempt to) catch the fish, all the while narrating her actions and thoughts. She wanted to see if that would be a more effective way of teaching the technique.

Softpaw looked at the river. "Why were we exiled?" Softpaw asked in her gentle tone. "Isn't it up to Starclan and not the other clans to exile us? As it is a leaders choice to exile a murderer." Softpaw meowed, "And in this case we are not the murderers." Softpaw meowed in a sorta creepily calm voice. The river reminded Softpaw of home, how she'd snuck out millions of times to watch the waves. She wanted those waves back. The familiar ridges of the river. "Nice catch! That was so cool"

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever"
- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw

Old July 27th, 2024, 06:03 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

Heroneye flinched at Softpaw's sudden line of questioning. It seemed to come out of nowhere. Although, well, the exile surely weighed heavy on the minds of every cat in the Clan. She gave a light shake of her head. "StarClan doesn't have that sort of ability, as far as I know," she began quietly. "Ultimately, it was up to each of the other Clans' leaders to make that decision. And, yes, we--you and I, that is--are not murderers. But even in our own Clan, there are. Murderers, that is. There are and were cats in RiverClan who harmed the other Clans. Somehow, it had gotten to a point where the other Clans decided to intervene in an... extreme way, to say the least."

She really didn't want to be the one to explain it. The whole situation was just so... complicated. Yes, some of her Clanmates had been overly cruel and violated the Warrior Code; she could acknowledge that. But the exile of an entire Clan... Was that really the answer? Would that really bring an end to the turmoil? Not to mention all the innocent cats who had died in and as a result of the battle.

She knew that RiverClan had the capacity to be great; there were countless good and hardworking cats who resided there, after all. She just wanted to see it reach that potential, rather than be shunned by quite literally the entire forest.

Heroneye glanced back down at the fish. With each passing second, it was getting closer and closer to slipping away. She wanted Softpaw to notice it for herself, but she would also hate to miss an opportunity like that. Gently flicking her tail tip at the water, she whispered, "Do you see that fish?"

(heroneye hadn't actually caught the fish yet and was waiting for softpaw to notice it first; heroneye was just thinking about how she would catch it. sorry if i was unclear about that ^^)

Old July 27th, 2024, 08:37 PM
ATEEZ PRESENT

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye flinched at Softpaw's sudden line of questioning. It seemed to come out of nowhere. Although, well, the exile surely weighed heavy on the minds of every cat in the Clan. She gave a light shake of her head. "StarClan doesn't have that sort of ability, as far as I know," she began quietly. "Ultimately, it was up to each of the other Clans' leaders to make that decision. And, yes, we--you and I, that is--are not murderers. But even in our own Clan, there are. Murderers, that is. There are and were cats in RiverClan who harmed the other Clans. Somehow, it had gotten to a point where the other Clans decided to intervene in an... extreme way, to say the least."

She really didn't want to be the one to explain it. The whole situation was just so... complicated. Yes, some of her Clanmates had been overly cruel and violated the Warrior Code; she could acknowledge that. But the exile of an entire Clan... Was that really the answer? Would that really bring an end to the turmoil? Not to mention all the innocent cats who had died in and as a result of the battle.

She knew that RiverClan had the capacity to be great; there were countless good and hardworking cats who resided there, after all. She just wanted to see it reach that potential, rather than be shunned by quite literally the entire forest.

Heroneye glanced back down at the fish. With each passing second, it was getting closer and closer to slipping away. She wanted Softpaw to notice it for herself, but she would also hate to miss an opportunity like that. Gently flicking her tail tip at the water, she whispered, "Do you see that fish?"

(heroneye hadn't actually caught the fish yet and was waiting for softpaw to notice it first; heroneye was just thinking about how she would catch it. sorry if i was unclear about that ^^)

Oh!! Sorry TvT I just read it wrong. I have a small memory/reading disorder so it makes it hard for me to remember things i've just read and to read paragraphs is a bit challanging! No need to change your rp style or anything, just asking that you be patient as always <3 )

Softpaw nodded to her mentors words, noticing how Heroneye's tone had gone quiet. "I'm sorry, I just... thinking about it makes me angry as I lost a lot of family in the battle.. just feels unfair" Softpaw meowed carefully, "I guess that makes sense... yeah." Softpaw flicked her ears upwards as her mentor mentioned a fish, seeing it Softpaw stood, carefully padding over a bit closer to the fish, keeping her shadow off as best as she could, Softpaw crouched, once she saw the fish was about to turn, Softpaw unsheathed her claws and grabbed it by the gill, as when the fish turned the gill opened a small bit. Yanking it towards her with a tiny growl as Softpaw pulled it up, "H-how do I kill it!" Softpaw meowed, worry filling her gaze as she didn't want to lose this decent fish. Softpaw

- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here

Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM
yes, it's me again

Heroneye

Heroneye gave a solemn, quiet nod as Softpaw explained her situation. Far too many innocent cats had been lost in the battle; she couldn't imagine how scary and confusing the whole thing must have been for the Clan's youth in particular. Those who hadn't even left camp yet were suddenly expected to move half a world away as punishment for a conflict they barely had a chance to even witness.

She blinked in surprise as Softpaw managed to hook the fish. "It's almost the same as other prey." Heroneye spoke quickly, a sense of urgency in her voice. The escape attempts of fish were always so much more violent than those of other prey, so it was easier to be caught off guard. And even the stoic warrior couldn't help but get caught up in the excitement of the moment; the apprentice's first fish would be yet another step towards becoming a warrior, after all.

"It doesn't have a neck, exactly, but snapping its spine usually finishes it off." Her eyes were locked on the fish now, serious and expectant. "Make sure to keep your paws steady and grip firm, even when it tries to escape."

(alr! i'll keep that in mind)

Last edited by Fits; Yesterday at 09:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
ATEEZ PRESENT

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye gave a solemn, quiet nod as Softpaw explained her situation. Far too many innocent cats had been lost in the battle; she couldn't imagine how scary and confusing the whole thing must have been for the Clan's youth in particular. Those who hadn't even left camp yet were suddenly expected to move half a world away as punishment for a conflict they barely had a chance to even witness.

She blinked in surprise as Softpaw managed to hook the fish. "It's almost the same as other prey." Heroneye spoke quickly, a sense of urgency in her voice. The escape attempts of fish were always so much more violent than those of other prey, so it was easier to be caught off guard. And even the stoic warrior couldn't help but get caught up in the excitement of the moment; the apprentice's first fish would be yet another step towards becoming a warrior, after all.

"It doesn't have a neck, exactly, but snapping its spine usually finishes it off." Her eyes were locked on the fish now, serious and expectant. "Make sure to keep your paws steady and grip firm, even when it tries to escape."

Softpaw nodded briefly, grabbing the fish's back in her jaws, biting down she felt blood rush into her jaws as a small snap was heard, the fish went limp and Softpaw looked up with wide eyes. "I-i did it!" Softpaw meowed, seeming a bit insecure

- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here