Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Springlight
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by Dino king
Today 05:45 PM
Calmer times
Last post by ---Bluestar---
Today 05:42 PM
Twilight Falls
by Ian
Last post by sleepyyjax
Today 05:33 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Fritter
Today 05:31 PM
Closed Thread

Old September 8th, 2023, 11:16 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Riverclan Healing (battle + flood)

】【Sedgestorm ; The Moon, Reversed
Purrks- Sunburned* ; RiverClan ; he/him】【

head trauma, paralyzed hind legs, shattered front legs, punctured lung

//depending on how severe the puncture, she could under supervision if Sedge would reasonably think to reduce the pressure in her chest and how to, but even if I did, she would have severe lifelong lung issues and would likely need to retire or become a kittypet for more treatment, but i cant guarantee anything// [ @Peach ]

Oh shadows hide him, the sight of Ashpaw made him go cold to see just how broken and battered the apprentice was. How did she even manage to get herself to him to start with??
He rushed over to her side as quickly as he was able to, looking her over for things he can fix, see if there was an immediate threat that was more likely to kill the small apprentice. Broken legs could be fixed when she wasn't actively dying. The first thing he noticed was the issues she seemed to have with breathing and so he reached a claw to expose the soft flesh of the gums around her teeth to check the colour.
The colour was not a good sign, paler than one would want their skin to be.
Not enough oxygen. He should look into that first.
But where would he start? How would he fix it without know specifics? Maybe..... Hopefully she was well enough to answer questions?
''Hey, stay with me please. I know you're in pain, I want to help but I need you to answer some questions so I know where to start. If you can't speak, a nod or a shake of the head works just fine.
Is there chest pain with deep breaths or when you cough? Does your chest feel tight or does it feel like your heart is beating rapidly? General chest pain or trauma taken to the chest?''

Maybe he'd know where to start with on this. Maybe maybe maybe.
But he still wanted another opinion, so he quickly turned to call for his kin.
''MARIGOLDLEAP, I need help with a patient!''
He didn't want to accidentally kill this poor apprentice.

Coldamber, Shockholly (StC)
Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Woollyfeather, Honeybite, Silkpaw (ShC)
Old September 9th, 2023, 05:33 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

After his chat with the cat that shouldn't have been here the tabby made his way over to Stonepaw and Sedgestorm, awkwardly trying to find a moment where they weren't rushing to save their clanmates. He kind of paused; his own injury, a slash above his brow, stung but it wasn't that bad. Any bleeding had stopped and frankly, it was manageable. Rather, he was more concerned over their herb supplies. Approaching either of two or both, in a brief moment of breathing, Gingerfrost spoke up.
"Is there anything you need?"

[ @Abyssopelagic @carmen ]

Old September 10th, 2023, 06:00 AM
Call me Honey or H!

Status: I'm super into warriors again lately, hence why I’m here
Bump Policy: After 2-3 days pref!
My Mood: Hopeful

Waspmeadow
She-cat
Warrior
22 moons

Waspmeadow slowly padded over to Stonepaw and Sedgestorm, waiting patiently for an opening to talk. The two cats had been working so hard to keep the clan alive and well, and while she felt pride, she also felt sympathy. She didnt want to burden them with a silly cut, but the last thing she wanted was to get it infected. The cut was somewhat deep. She assumed it hadn't caught anything vital, but she couldn't be sure. She wasn't exactly dying as of now, so that had to be a good thing, right?

Every now and then, a sharp pain would cause her to seize up, but she tried her best to hide it.

—> Injury: Waspmeadow has a semi-deep gash on her neck.

@carmen @Abyssopelagic

────────────
waspmeadow purrks
Herbal Knowledge: Tier 1
────────────

wasp's biotoyhouseart shop

Last edited by Honeysnout; September 10th, 2023 at 06:02 AM.
Old September 10th, 2023, 07:56 AM

Sprained front paw, reopened neck wound

//Quick q, how bad is the bleeding?// [ @Beetlenose ]

Sedgestorm looked up as Minnowpaw limped in and approached her half way, sniffing at the wound on her neck. It didn't seem to be infected, so he directed his attention back to the apprentice.
"Hello Minnowpaw. Stonepaw has asked me to assist him with healing. He's away at the moment, and I'm more than happy to help you today."
His eyes went back to the wound on her neck and he quickly asked her his questions before cleaning the wound.
"Is your leg sprained or broken, dear? And is the wound causing you any breathing issues?"
He leaned forward and began cleaning the wounds, resisting the overwhelming urge to flinch at the sharp tang of the blood as it hit his tongue. It's fine... It needs to be clean when he applies herbs. He'll live.
It was just a temporary discomfort.
He leaned back and looked over the wound. Satisfied that it was clean enough, he trotted back to grab marigold, poppy seed, and a cobweb before trotting back over to her, and offered the seed.
"For the pain. Let me know if you need another, but do give it a few minutes to kick in."
He began chewing the marigold, preparing to dress her wounds.

[ -1 poppy seed, -1 marigold, -1 cobwebs ]

Snowpaw [ @lio ]

The dappled tom looked up as a familair voice reached his ears and he smiled at the small apprentice.
"Hey, Snowpea! It's pretty slow right now, so there isn't much to do. If you don't mind waiting, you're more than welcome to hang out. I'm not likely to ask you to run errands unless it's absolutely necessary, but you're free to watch and get an idea how certain things are done."
It could be a good learning experience for her, as she seemed pretty interested in learning more about healing. Which was a good thing, really.
After all, it has been a rag tag group that had patched up most of the injuries from the battle while Stonepaw was busy. Any Clan benefitted from having many cats that knew how to heal. You never knew when lightning would strike and bring tragedy along with it.
He passed the spot beside himself and where he sat to encourage her to join him.

small chest scratch

Ah, and there seemed to be someone for them so see to. He gestured with his tail for Snowpaw to follow him as he stood and appoached the lionheart.
"Greetings, Ferretsnap. Your cobwebs are quite appreciated."
He carefully took them from the brown and white tom, carefully wrapping them to keep the precious webs good and set the down for him to put away later. He then turned back to Ferretsnap and looked at the wound. Sure to his word, the scratch was pretty mild.
He didn't even think he'd need to use marigold.
Instead, he leaned forward.
"Hold still, I'm going to clean the wound for you. The chest is always tricky to clean by yourself."
He went about the task of cleaning the wound, something he assumed was needed as the rest of the tom was covered in debris. And he had to wonder where it all came from, but didn't press on the topic.
Once he was done, he leaned back to look at it all again.
"It seems to be superficial enough to not need marigold. Just keep it clean and dry, and it should be fine. If it begins to itch, sting, or feels feverish, come back alright?"

a concussion and he will be permanently blind in his left eye
[ @Tobi , @/lio ]
//So, is there any damage to the eye or any other wounds on Dunepaw?//

Sedgestorm looks up as Dunepaw approached, his voice gruff and shaky. He approached the apprentice and listened to his distribution of the pain. He waved Snowpaw over.
"Alright, come closer Dunepaw. Let me see what's going on with your eye....."
When the apprenrice began leaning as he dozed off, he reached a paw out to hold him up so he didn't fall over, and gave a pleading look to Snowpaw, a silent ask to keep the other apprentice upright before he turned back to the orange tom.
"Are there any other complications you're experiencing, or just the spinning and blindness?"

[ @Estelle ]

The large tom looked up as the leader approached him. He dipped his head instinctively in a greeting, tail curling around himself and his stomach.
He raised a brow when he noticed the injury to his face. It wasn't severe, but shadows be damned if he wouldn't mention it.
"Don't forget to keep that wound clean. It might not need any real medical attention, but I'd hate for you to have to come back from infection."
He lifted his head as he silently looked the leader over, before returning to the question asked.
"Cobwebs, mostly. Maybe a marigold or two, but we are desperately low on materials to bind wounds with or hold poultices to skin."
He fell silent for a few moments before speaking up again.
"Do you want someone to go with you? Could carry more that way. Plus, those needing healing have slowed to a crawl. I think Stonepaw will be aleight without me for a week bit."

Larkwing [ @FrostyGalaxy ]

Sedgestorm padded away and grabbed a marigold and poppy seed before returning back to the warrior, offering the poppy seed.
"Would you like a poppy seed for the pain? I'm going to clean the wounds before I apply the marigold. Just a precaution to aid in the healing process, and I know the face isn't easy to reach by yourself."
He gave a soft smile.
"Ready?"
He'd give her time to pepare if she needed, or say no to the cleaning of her wounds specifically. Not everyone was comfortable with a stranger, coanmate or not, to just start cleaning their face and he liked to think he was respectful about personal space.

semi-deep gash on her neck

[ @Honeysnout ]
Sedgestorm's eyes caught sight of Waspmeadow, the blood of her wounds tipping him off to look for her. He began stalking his way towards the warrior and inspected her neck wound, clucking his tongue.
"You should have asked to see me sooner, sweetheart. Neck wounds are no joke. Now, lift your head so I can clean the wounds as best as I can, and then I'll wrap it up. One question before we start, any breathing issues? Or other complications?"
He liked to get an idea of what he was dealing with as he started in, to keep in mind what he'll need when he next checks the herbs. Made it easier to grab it all in one run.

Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Old September 10th, 2023, 08:11 AM
Call me Honey or H!

Status: I'm super into warriors again lately, hence why I’m here
Bump Policy: After 2-3 days pref!
My Mood: Hopeful

Waspmeadow
She-cat
Warrior
22 moons

Waspmeadow lifted her head slightly and awkwardly laughed "I just didn't want to be a bother- there's so many other cats here"
She kneeded the floor with her paws, wincing in pain as Sedgestorm analysed her wound, "any complications? ... well I can breathe fine, but it definitely hurts whenever a move my head around, although that's probably a given" she laughed, wincing again. Waspmeadow's mind began to wonder, questioning what herbs she would use in this situation. She was soon reminded of the simpler times– back to when she would watch the medicine cat tend to wounds when she was just a kit.

@Abyssopelagic

────────────
waspmeadow purrks
Herbal Knowledge: Tier 1
────────────

wasp's biotoyhouseart shop

Last edited by Honeysnout; September 12th, 2023 at 04:57 PM.
Old September 10th, 2023, 10:38 AM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post

Larkwing [ @FrostyGalaxy ]

Sedgestorm padded away and grabbed a marigold and poppy seed before returning back to the warrior, offering the poppy seed.
"Would you like a poppy seed for the pain? I'm going to clean the wounds before I apply the marigold. Just a precaution to aid in the healing process, and I know the face isn't easy to reach by yourself."
He gave a soft smile.
"Ready?"
He'd give her time to pepare if she needed, or say no to the cleaning of her wounds specifically. Not everyone was comfortable with a stranger, coanmate or not, to just start cleaning their face and he liked to think he was respectful about personal space.

*-Larkwing-*
She/her | 16 moons
A sleek dilute tortie she-cat with green eyes

"Do what you need to, I can deal with the pain, I'm sure others will need the poppy more than me," Larkwing said with a small smile, bending her head down slightly so the angle was better to get at. Honestly, she was kind of used to the pain at this point, and while it wasn't pleasant, she could deal with it just fine. They didn't have many herbs to go around here, so they'd need to save what they could. There wasn't any point using more than necessary on what was, as far as she knew, just a few cuts.
Old September 10th, 2023, 04:52 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Yessir, Sedgestorm didn't need to tell him twice to keep the wound clean: he'd ignored a wound once and the resulted in an infection so nasty he was out of commission for half a moon... Yeah, no. Didn't need to repeat that again. Not only was it extremely uncomfortable, the clan didn't need that right now. He gave a solemn nod, gaze serious, indicating he very well understood the instructions to somehow keep the face scar clean.

Cobwebs... Yeah, he knew what those are. He'd gathered them a few times before. Marigold... The fuzzy things... like the sun...? He grimaced a little trying to remember, but nodded all the same. After brief thought, he spoke up.
"If you are certain you can be missed, I won't stop you."
Although he'd rather Sedgestrom stay back to help treat the injured, he spotted Marigoldleap and Snowpaw helping out as well; and the more materials they could gather, the better. So he allowed the senior warrior to chose what he did: stay back or help Gingerfrost gather the correct materials.

[ @Abyssopelagic ]

Old September 10th, 2023, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Yessir, Sedgestorm didn't need to tell him twice to keep the wound clean: he'd ignored a wound once and the resulted in an infection so nasty he was out of commission for half a moon... Yeah, no. Didn't need to repeat that again. Not only was it extremely uncomfortable, the clan didn't need that right now. He gave a solemn nod, gaze serious, indicating he very well understood the instructions to somehow keep the face scar clean.

Cobwebs... Yeah, he knew what those are. He'd gathered them a few times before. Marigold... The fuzzy things... like the sun...? He grimaced a little trying to remember, but nodded all the same. After brief thought, he spoke up.
"If you are certain you can be missed, I won't stop you."
Although he'd rather Sedgestrom stay back to help treat the injured, he spotted Marigoldleap and Snowpaw helping out as well; and the more materials they could gather, the better. So he allowed the senior warrior to chose what he did: stay back or help Gingerfrost gather the correct materials.

[ @Abyssopelagic ]

Sedgestorm eased up on the pointed stare as Gingerfrost gave a silent aknowledgement to his words. Good, they didn't need anyone in this Clan getting bull headed and thinking they were immortal. Their herbs may be in short supply, but that did not mean anyone needed to think they could decide they weren't worthy of treatment.
All wounds needed to be seen to, even if only to warn the cat to keep their wounds clean. Many of them seemed to forget that, or severely down played the extent of their injuries.
After a moment of thought, one of his ragged ears twitched the thought process away. He wasn't Medicine Cat and he wouldn't be putting words into Stonepaw's mouth. The young tom was stressed as it was.

He smiled dryly as Gingerfrost spoke, wondering out loud if it was wise for him to leave.
"I understand the sentiment, but the worst of the wounds are behind us. Between on site healing after the battle and those that came in afterwards, the incoming wounded patries have slowed to a crawl. They will not be overrun while I'm gone."
He understood the concern, but truly, he was needed more on a patrol than in the medicine den.
"My kin, Marigoldleap, is more than capable. She used to be a Medicine Cat and is far more knowledgeable than I. With Snowpaw, ever so eager to help, to assist, they will be alright without me for a bit. Plus, I've started showing Snowpaw the basics. She makes a wonderful healing aid. Very attentive."
He sighed after a bit and decided he didn't need to blurt anymore philosophical nonsense at the leader.
With a wave of his tail, he stood and started towards the entrance.
Not only did he trust them to be able to handle the healing, the leader would need the extra set of paws dearly. And they could only do so much with their knowledge if they didn't have the tools necessary to complete the harder tasks.
Yes, there was plenty one could do without herbs, but the chances of losing your patient were so much greater when you worked empty pawed. All the talented healers in the Clans wouldn't be enough if they didn't have their tools. And this was not a snark against them. He greatly respcted the position, but it was a fact he'd grown all too aware of in recent times.
Tossing those thoughts away, Sedgestorm sighed and stepped out of the den.

Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Old September 11th, 2023, 12:34 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post

Snowpaw [ @lio ]

The dappled tom looked up as a familair voice reached his ears and he smiled at the small apprentice.
"Hey, Snowpea! It's pretty slow right now, so there isn't much to do. If you don't mind waiting, you're more than welcome to hang out. I'm not likely to ask you to run errands unless it's absolutely necessary, but you're free to watch and get an idea how certain things are done."
It could be a good learning experience for her, as she seemed pretty interested in learning more about healing. Which was a good thing, really.
After all, it has been a rag tag group that had patched up most of the injuries from the battle while Stonepaw was busy. Any Clan benefitted from having many cats that knew how to heal. You never knew when lightning would strike and bring tragedy along with it.
He passed the spot beside himself and where he sat to encourage her to join him.

small chest scratch

Ah, and there seemed to be someone for them so see to. He gestured with his tail for Snowpaw to follow him as he stood and appoached the lionheart.
"Greetings, Ferretsnap. Your cobwebs are quite appreciated."
He carefully took them from the brown and white tom, carefully wrapping them to keep the precious webs good and set the down for him to put away later. He then turned back to Ferretsnap and looked at the wound. Sure to his word, the scratch was pretty mild.
He didn't even think he'd need to use marigold.
Instead, he leaned forward.
"Hold still, I'm going to clean the wound for you. The chest is always tricky to clean by yourself."
He went about the task of cleaning the wound, something he assumed was needed as the rest of the tom was covered in debris. And he had to wonder where it all came from, but didn't press on the topic.
Once he was done, he leaned back to look at it all again.
"It seems to be superficial enough to not need marigold. Just keep it clean and dry, and it should be fine. If it begins to itch, sting, or feels feverish, come back alright?"

a concussion and he will be permanently blind in his left eye
[ @Tobi , @/lio ]
//So, is there any damage to the eye or any other wounds on Dunepaw?//

Sedgestorm looks up as Dunepaw approached, his voice gruff and shaky. He approached the apprentice and listened to his distribution of the pain. He waved Snowpaw over.
"Alright, come closer Dunepaw. Let me see what's going on with your eye....."
When the apprenrice began leaning as he dozed off, he reached a paw out to hold him up so he didn't fall over, and gave a pleading look to Snowpaw, a silent ask to keep the other apprentice upright before he turned back to the orange tom.
"Are there any other complications you're experiencing, or just the spinning and blindness?"

SNOWPAW
She/Her - RiverClan Apprentice
Herbal Knowledge: Tier 1 - The Collector

Snowpea? She didn't recognize that word. Or know why mister nice cat called her it. But that was okay! She was sure mister nice tom had a reason for it. Maybe? Dunno. Whatever!! Snowpaw nodded along to his words, tail twitching as she listened. She was okay with watching, if that was all there was to do. Watching meant learning and Snowpaw liked to learn!

"O-Okay!" she squeaked, shuffling to sit beside the nice tom with her tail curled over her paws. Watching was okay! Snowpaw knew how to watch real good!

FERRETSNAP
He/Him - RiverClan Lionheart
Silver Tongue

Ferretsnap remained silent as Sedgestorm carefully picked the cobwebs from his face, though his expression remained disgruntled. Then, as the tom spoke, his eyes narrowed. He didn't particularly enjoy the thought of being-

Argh. Ferretsnap grunted, forcing himself to keep still as the other tom cleaned his wound. He was almost thankful when it was finished, letting out the awkward breath he hadn't realized he had been holding.

"Yeah. Whatever. Will do," he said through gritted teeth, giving a brief flick of his tail in thanks to the warrior before leaving quickly.

SNOWPAW
She/Her - RiverClan Apprentice
Herbal Knowledge: Tier 1 - The Collector

Oh!! Someone with hurties!! Snowpaw was quick to follow after the nice warrior, icy blue eyes settling on their next patient. Ouh, mister Furrysap (or whatever his name was)! He had come to visit them too, though Snowpaw noticed he was a little different from the others. Mister Furrysap was already covered in cobwebs, though they didn't appear to be on his hurty. Weird. Why did he have cobwebs on his face? She blinked in confusion, watching closely as the nice warrior spoke to him then began to clean his hurty. So that's all that was needed for him! Okay! It did look to be a small hurty compared to all the others, so it made sense to Snowpaw. So small hurties just need cleaned, and then tell the hurty cat to keep watch for icky feelings- got it!

.-.-.

As mister nice warrior signaled for her to follow him again, Snowpaw was sure to stick close to his side- though not too close to trip him, of course!! She looked to the new hurty cat, squinting as she tried desperately to recall his name. Oh! Mister nice warrior said it! Snowpaw shot a small smile toward Dunepaw, hoping to make him feel at least a little comforted despite his hurties. As the apprentice began to doze, though, with mister nice warrior trying to keep him up, Snowpaw gave a small squeak. She looked back and forth between the two, trying to figure out what mister nice warrior wanted her to do before it clicked. Oh! Oh! Snowpaw knew! She could help!

She shuffled toward Dunepaw, slotting herself between the apprentice and the ground in an attempt to keep him upright. It was a little difficult given her size and lack of strength, but she did her best to make sure mister nice warrior could do what he needed to do. And besides, the ground wouldn't be very comfy for a hurty cat! Snowpaw's fur was a lot softer than the icky ground! So, once in her place, she gave a big smile towards the nice warrior, a silent question of is Snowpaw helping? in her eyes.
//. @Tobi .\\

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old September 11th, 2023, 03:51 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Stressed

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Marigoldleap ☽༓・*˚ ⁺‧͙

Female[she/her] - Riverclan Warrior

The molly heard Sedgestorm and Gingerfrost talk about the herbs they needed and moved over to them. She had another herb in mind that could be useful, especially for Cloudpaw. "While you two are out a few pieces of feverfew might be nice. If you don't know what it is it's a dark green leafed with yellow flowers. It has a bit of a tangy taste to it. It grows best next to water.", she meowed.

{ @Estelle; @Abyssopelagic; }

Marigoldpaw(leap) is my main character and is currently a Shadowclan Apprentice if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for. If you do just mention me in a post no need to ask and I'll reply whenever I can. Also if its a plot vm me what it is, so I'm not confused.

Closed Thread