by dino.
Last post by Rowan
Today 05:03 PM
Kits Need To Learn Too!! [...
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 05:02 PM

Old July 6th, 2024, 04:45 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming
Default Re: Fadingstar's Den (Only open to RiverClan cats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post

Mind Reader in use

Fadingstar listened quietly as Larkwing detailed her reason for disappearing and staying away for so long. Up until this point, there'd been a part of him that still resented her for leaving. She'd been doing a good job at leading RiverClan; in his eyes, her disappearance and choice to leave Birdsnow in charge had really sent RiverClan down a bad path. The logical part of him knew that the blame didn't lie solely with her, but at times his emotions still overrode that.

Listening to her explanation, however, he began to feel more sympathetic. It sounded as if the stress of leadership had caused her mind to crack, to begin seeing things that weren't really there. Even now, during a particular moment, she seemed to be focusing on something beside him that wasn't there. Her words were not ones of a cat with a sound mind.

It was... concerning to have a cat in his Clan who clearly wasn't stable. If Larkwing had poorer morals than she did, he'd likely cast her out for fear of her bringing harm to her Clanmates. But he did trust her, regardless of her complicated history with the Clan. He could tell she was being honest with her story.

Once she finished, he sat quietly for a moment, tail-tip twitching. After a slight bit of silence, he said, "I appreciate you coming to me and being honest about your situation. I won't lie; your disappearance caused a lot of strife for this Clan. You made a poor choice in your deputy, and it cost this Clan a lot. But that's in the past now; you have an opportunity to earn everyone's trust back, and you've been doing a good job of it so far.

"That said, it seems to me that you aren't... of stable mind. These... eyes that you claim are following you. That's not the sort of thing that I want my warriors going through, both from a practical standpoint and an empathetic one. I want you to go speak with Mistyshard about it, if you haven't already. I don't currently see a problem with you remaining in this Clan as a warrior, as long as this issue of yours doesn't start causing you to act recklessly or dangerously. If you can't eventually find a way to cope with it and it starts affecting your duties, I may make the choice to move you into the elders' den.

"For now, like I said, continue as you have been. I'm going to hold off on allowing you to train an apprentice until your mental state has improved, but you may still work with the apprentices if you want. If there's anything you need, or if any of your Clanmates start giving you too much of a hassle over your disappearance, please come speak with me right away."

Fadingstar nodded at Russethowl's thanks for taking him in and giving him a chance with RiverClan. He'd earned the opportunity; while he had joined the efforts to drive RiverClan out, he seemed to understand the wrongness of ThunderClan's participation. That was a huge step in the right direction, already.

At the request to train an apprentice, Fadingstar shook his head gently. "I appreciate the offer and the enthusiasm, but you need to prove yourself to the Clan first. In the same way that I'm not keen on brand new warriors training apprentices, I'd rather you take some time learning RiverClan's ways and truly affirming your loyalty to the Clan. Once you've been in this Clan for two moons, then I'm open to considering an apprentice for you. Unless you have any comment on that, you're dismissed."

Seeing his sister like this was... unusual. So much so, in fact, that it left his eyes widening with surprise. This wasn't what he was expecting; not just Dusklion breaking down over something like romance, but for it to specifically be about Wisteriawren.

As he listened, he felt his heart crack a little. Not just because of the pain Dusklion was clearly in, but because the feelings she was describing were very similar to what he'd been feeling toward the same exact cat. He hadn't had much time to process it, and a part of him didn't really want to, but hearing these words made it click in his own mind that his feelings for the warrior might be more than platonic.

The news that Wisteriawren liked someone else brought a clash of emotions to him- both excitement, at the possibility that it could be him she liked, and grief. Grief that Dusklion had to go through this pain, and grief that... maybe he had something to do with it? It wasn't his fault if Wisteriawren did actually like him, but...

There was a distinct sadness in the leader's eyes now. There was no way under the stars that anything between him and Wisteriawren could happen. Not with things being like... this with Dusklion. He couldn't do that to his sister.

Swallowing hard, he responded, "I... didn't think this was the issue at paw. I thought it was something to do with our new situation, not something... so personal. I'm sorry. For scoffing at you, and for what you're going through. I haven't been in this situation myself, but I can imagine how much it hurts. I wish I had magic words to make it better, but I don't. All I can say is that you've got a lot to offer and you're a great cat, and someday you'll find someone who will appreciate you for that. It probably feels like the end of the world, but... I think it will get better with time."

He inwardly cursed his inability to have the right words. Other cats always seemed to know what to say and how to say it, yet he was left here feeling like he was a bumbling fool, unable to help.

Dusklion showed up in his den looking exhausted, which concerned him. She'd always had a tendency to overwork herself, especially since rising to a position of prominence within RiverClan. He knew if he tried to tell her to take it easy she'd resist it, but he still worried. Briefly he considered slipping some poppy seeds into her food, but that seemed... in bad taste, no pun intended.

So, he simply greeted her with a happy nod and listened to what she had to say. Rosehawk had returned to the Clan, and had at some point been knocked out again. Twice in just a couple of moons was definitely concerning; Fadingstar didn't know how concerning, but he didn't have to be a healer to know how worrying that should be.

He nodded in agreement with Dusklion. "That's the right call, definitely. I think we should restrict her warrior duties until Mistyshard has evaluated her and determined how healthy she is. Let's keep her out of battles as much as possible, and maybe keep her from training an apprentice for the time being. If she has any lasting mental problems from those injuries, I don't want them affecting an apprentice's training. I'll speak to her."

He frowned at the news that Skydust had died and his sister's decision had been to throw him down the mountain. New Clan member or not, that was no way to treat a Clanmate. "Even though he only recently joined us, I'm not keen on you throwing his body down the mountain. Any Clanmate of ours in good standing deserves better than that. I'll go track his body down and give it a proper burial." His tone wasn't angry, just disappointed.

Fadingstar was inspecting the back of his den when Duckpaw came in. He turned at her voice, ears perking. It wasn't often that young cats came to visit him, and when they did it was often with a problem. So having an apprentice come in with a request for a story was certainly surprising.

He fully turned to face her, sitting down in his nest. He wasn't a great storyteller, in his opinion, but he'd try his best. "I've definitely got stories to tell. What sort of story do you want to hear?" The last thing he wanted was to spook the young cat with a tale of hardship and bloodshed if that wasn't what she was anticipating.

Fadingstar was mostly awake when Aspenkit arrived. Sleeping on the mountain had proven easier than anticipated; something about the fresh air and constant breeze was soothing.

He blinked the blurriness out of his eyes and lifted his head as the kit entered. Jaws parting in a yawn, he answered, "No, you're not bothering me. It's time for me to get up, anyways. Is there something I can do for you?"

Fadingstar was about to leave his den to get some food when Mousekit arrived. The young cat hadn't caused any problems and seemed to be assimilating well into RiverClan. In fact, aside from Skydust going and dying, none of RiverClan's new members had caused any notable issues.

He smiled at the kid's affirmation that he was an amazing cat. Leaders probably always seemed awesome to kids, so he took the compliment lightly. Still, it did help improve his day somewhat.

The leader wasn't entirely sure how Mousekit knew anything of Crowglow and Skyfall, considering he was only a kit and not allowed to leave camp. Perhaps he'd overheard some sort of conversation or something. Still, it wasn't really something he should be concerned with. "For now, don't worry about what the warriors are getting up to unless it's trouble. That's for me, Dusklion, and the Lionhearts to worry about. Just focus on being a kid, because pretty soon you'll be an apprentice and you'll have a lot more responsibility on your shoulders."

------------------------------

( @isla )

After speaking with Dusklion, Fadingstar wanted to pull Rosehawk in for a chat. He wasn't certain if the warrior had been seen to by Mistyshard yet, but either way he needed to establish some rules with her considering her condition.
"Okay!" Mousekit gave a determined nod and padded off.
Old July 6th, 2024, 05:39 PM
It's my life, not your's.

Bump Policy: 24hr
My Mood: Queenly

Duckpaw
6 moons | he/him | Riverclan

Duckpaw was surprised when fadingstar asked him what he wanted to be told.

"Any story! Maybe a story about how cool you are?" he said as he looked
up at his leader with wide eyes, desperate for him to start telling a story right
that instant.
@occultation

"Baby who cares."

୨୧ My Pookie ୨୧ Pinterest ୨୧ Toyhouse ୨୧
Fishpaw and Duckpaw training tracker
♡"I will not be taking in anymore rps at this time, thank you!"♡
❦I live in elaif's basement❦

Last edited by PINTO BEAN; July 6th, 2024 at 05:40 PM.
Old July 8th, 2024, 11:33 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Adderstrike
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

Adderstrike walked into the strange den. She was so used to the old one that this one felt off to her. Alien, even. But despite that she wanted to discuss a few things with Fadingstar. Now mostly she just wanted to get ideas out into the world but hold nothing to wanting them to happen. "Fadingstar, are you free for a little chitchat?" Adderstrike ask with a curious look. "Its nothing super important or pressing but I just wanted to get a thought out into the world. If its a bad time, I'll come back later." Adderstrike could only guess how busy Fadingstar was right now.

Last edited by Fish; July 8th, 2024 at 11:34 PM.
Old July 8th, 2024, 11:38 PM
she's dead scar. you won.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

cobwebfern

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge t2
she / they . riverclan
15 moons . missing back leg
tags ; @occultation - fadingstar
trigger warnings for this post: none

cobwebfern poked her head into the den, face holding itself back from a grimace. she padded inside, shivering at the cold air that blew in with her. ' fadingstar. hello. ' her eyes squinted at the leader, forcing a smile to him.

' bitter choco decoration,
eat it all without saying a thing '

cobwebfern ☆ warblerpaw
trackersroleplay with me!
Old July 11th, 2024, 11:11 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Larkwing
~<>~
24 moons || she/her || RiverClan Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Beefed Up T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

Fadingstar, it seemed, was receptive enough to her story - at least, that’s what he said. Although he’d criticized her choice of deputy, which caused a small bubble of defensive energy to rise to her shoulders, Larkwing forced herself to take a deep breath. He was right. Birdsnow had been… a bad choice. Granted, in the moment she was more running on emotion than she was logic or careful consideration - logic and thinking things through had never been how the tortoiseshell handled things. And Fadingstar’s concern for her… problem… and the future solutions he gave her should she not improve at all only caused her to frown again.

Part of her understood; this paranoia had, in the past, put her in a very difficult spot. She’d gotten herself hurt and lost because of it and, as a result, nearly threw her clan into ruin. Fadingstar wouldn’t want something similar to happen again, and Lark got that, but the comment about an early retirement for her if she ended up getting out of paw again still stung. From a practical standpoint, it made sense - why keep a warrior if they couldn’t do their job? And it was better than being kicked out, but, in the event that were to happen, Lark cannot imagine how lonely that would feel.

”…Understood,” she agrees with a nod. ”I’ll talk with Mistyshard.” As she turns to leave, her business done here, a thought suddenly strikes her, and she glances back once more to her leader. ”Do you-“ faltering for a moment, Lark can’t help but wonder if this is a bad idea, but who better to ask than the clan’s leader? If anyone knew anything, Fadingstar surely would.

”Do you know what happened to Rushwater?” Green eyes watch the tom’s face, expression searching for any hint of an answer. She never got to have that conversation with her brother she’d promised him, but, more than that, she just wanted to know if he was ok.

[ @occultation ]

Last edited by Neptune.; July 11th, 2024 at 11:12 PM.
Old July 12th, 2024, 06:09 PM

Bump Policy: 3 Days
My Mood: Adorable

RowanMane
Male | 30 Moons | RiverClan Warrior | Posts: 15
large, strong mackerel-striped brown tabby with long fur and gray eyes — he has a crooked jaw with a scratch across his mouth and half his ear missing
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @occultation

He padded to the leader's den, unsure of where DuskLions location was, he went to the closest thing he could–though he deeply hoped he wouldn't waste FadingStars time. “Excuse me? FadingStar? May I come in?” He asked respectfully from outside the temporary leaders' den. He just had a quick question then he'd be out. He had other things he'd like to say, sure. But he wouldn't bore the surely stressed leader with his life too. He just wanted to offer his help and prove he could still be a normal warrior without having the best bite. That's why he had to step up his game as a mentor too. He was just going to get with RainingPaw and prove his worth by making the best warrior out of the cat.

Old July 12th, 2024, 06:35 PM
Blaze’s bm has Wi-Fi.

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Queenly

RiverClan Re: Fadingstar's Den (Only open to RiverClan cats)

ROSEHAWK

Rosehawk slid into the den, tail tip flicking to-and-fro. ''You needed me, Fadingstar?''

Foxglovestar is BerryClan's current Leader. She has an open den policy.

BerryClan Sign-Ups + Resources

BerryClan Main Roleplay

Larkswoop is a ThunderClan Warrior. If she is needed, mention me.

Last edited by isla; July 12th, 2024 at 06:35 PM.
Old July 12th, 2024, 08:36 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

Maybe she was seeking comfort. Maybe she just wanted an answer. Maybe she wanted all this sorrow to go away. She was guilty of seeking out something that she hoped would bring her a reason for happiness. Something that made her mind stop thinking and her heart stop hurting.

For a long moment, Wisteriawren simply lingered outside Fadingstar's den in the dark of night. It was well past midnight - and had it been day, she wouldn't even have shown her face here out of pure shame with herself. But the darkness called to her, whispered that her secrets and longings could be exposed, could be set free, for the hope that better things were to come. Someone had to take the first step, didn't they? Someone had to voice their feelings first, as Dusklion and Antlerbranch had done with her.

But with them, she'd not even comprehended that she and they could be. . . more than friends. So intent her heart had been on Fadingstar that she'd not noticed anyone else in that light. Now all she felt was miserable, but not because she'd said no to both of the cats who'd claimed to like her (one had even claimed love ; was their love so fickle that she was met with scorn when she could not reciprocate?), no, she felt miserable for hurting her closest companions in RiverClan so deeply. She would say no again if they asked once more - she would not lie to them about her feelings.

So in the end, she could no longer lie to herself about her feelings either.

Tentatively, the classic tabby made her way into her leader's den, fidgeting with her paws, gold-flecked blue eyes resting on the ground before it lifted to the tom in question she was here to see. She would not have dared pester him when it was so dark out, but she had heard restless shifting from inside the den (so whether it was her own hopeless imagination conjuring up the noise, or it was really Fadingstar unable to sleep, she was here anyway).

"Fading..star?" She whispered softly, the question hesitant, wavering, unsure. "Can I talk to you?"

[ @occultation - Fadingstar ]

Leaving them feeling betrayed.
Breaking the bonds that you've made.
Old July 12th, 2024, 09:06 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 30 moons
go with the flow, rapid recovery, beefed up t3
She was expecting him to laugh about it, or snort or joke or do anything other than actually care. Dusklion knew that being the Clan's leader had changed him, and part of her worried it had changed the brother she knew to care for her above everything else - even if it was rarely spoken about. Still, she hated it. She hated that they didn't seem to have the bond they'd had before coming to RiverClan. Because sure there had been teasing and bickering and the likes - but they had put each other first, above everything else.

...For the first time since they had stumbled onto RiverClan many moons ago, Dusklion wondered if i was worth it. Because stars above, she missed her brother.

But he apologized, and Dusklion sniffed. She hated the way the tears slid down her face, made apparent by the way she roughly rubbed her face free of them with her paw. "...Thanks. It's fine, really. Her loss, right?" The attempt at the joke had the deputy cracking a fake half-smile that had no emotion to it. It didn't feel like it was Wisteriawren's loss though - because deep down underneath all of the confidence and all of the bravado... the dark tabby didn't see anything of value within herself to be lost.

Can't lose something if there's nothing there.

Sniffing once more she got to her paws and shook her head. She sucked in a quick breath and glanced at her brother, looking at him before rolling her eyes. "Glad to know you can still be stiff as a piece of driftwood," she joked, lifting a paw and punching his shoulder lightly with it. For a moment, everything else faded away. RiverClan, their responsibilities, the cats they had to protect and watch over. All of it vanished in favor of it just being her and Fades, a duo who had brave storms worse than this.

"I'm gonna... go do somethin' do I don't drive myself crazy over wonderin' who it is she likes." Because Dusklion knew that's exactly what she would do if she let herself just sit around. A brief silence, and then... "...Wanna come with?" It had been awhile since the two of them had done anything that didn't involve 'leader' or 'deputy' things.

[ Fadingstar - @occultation ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old July 12th, 2024, 09:15 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 30 moons
go with the flow, rapid recovery, beefed up t3
Good, it seemed her and her brother were on the same page when it came to Rosehawk and limiting her until they knew the extend of her head injury. What they didn't seem to be on the same page about was Skydust. Dusklion blinked, obviously confused. "Didn't know that all that qualified a cat to be a 'Clanmate' was takin' a name, 'cause Skydust didn't do anythin' outside of that. Not sure where you wanted me to bury him, but he's just down the mountain a little ways if you wanna play fetch." Really... the cat had traveled with them and just... sat in camp until one day he left and died? It didn't make sense and the deputy didn't consider him RiverClan because he had happened to be at the twoleg den when they were there, get a name, and then... do nothing else.

She wasn't mad though - she had just been thinking logically about lessening the attraction of predators while the Clan was in unfamiliar territory. "...Are you gonna want me to come with you, or...?" Frankly, the deputy was exhausted, tired, and ready for a nap. But Dusklion remained standing, waiting to see if her brother's displeasure in her actions would lead to her being dragged along to find the body of the outsider.

[ Fadingstar - @occultation ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |