Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by MaximusPrime27
Today 08:39 AM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by Neptune.
Today 08:34 AM
Riftpaw and Beaverpaw's...
Last post by Vitalspark
Today 08:22 AM
The night they were...
Last post by Shrew
Today 08:21 AM

Old June 16th, 2021, 05:26 PM
Candace Flynn

Status: I've been PnF obsessed for the past two years and I have a feeling it'll be another year yet.
Bump Policy: Whenever needed :)
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
Frostfeather nodded as she moved in front of the apprentice.

Right then, to begin I want to to assume a normal stance.” She posed, her legs slightly bent and her shoulders squared.

Next you will drop one shoulder and roll under yourself so that you won’t be facing your opponent back wards.”

Frostfeather ducked and rolled, coming to her back with her legs bent together.

Keep your legs tight and keep them tensed. Once you see your attacker coming down on you you push up with your legs and flip them over.”

She demonstrated an upward push, her legs throwing off an imaginary warrior. Rolling back to her paws she gave herself a shake and turned back to Amberpaw.

Alright give it a go. Let’s practice getting into position in a fluid motion.”
She nodded, and quickly bent her legs and squared her shoulders. Then she did her best to drop one shoulder and roll under herself, but the movement wasn’t completely fluid. It was still better then she expected to do on her first time though, and she tensed her legs, before pushing them up quickly, and rolling back into normal position. “How was that? I know the part in the middle wasn’t the smoothest, but the rest was just basic application of normal attacks, so that wasn’t too hard.”
Somewhere. Something. Had brought me here. But what?
Old June 16th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Hiatuses

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Festive1

[SIZE="2"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklee View Post
She nodded, and quickly bent her legs and squared her shoulders. Then she did her best to drop one shoulder and roll under herself, but the movement wasn’t completely fluid. It was still better then she expected to do on her first time though, and she tensed her legs, before pushing them up quickly, and rolling back into normal position. “How was that? I know the part in the middle wasn’t the smoothest, but the rest was just basic application of normal attacks, so that wasn’t too hard.”

Yellowpaw can out of the bushes "sorry Frostfeather sorry Amberpaw I was late I ate a bad mouse so I had to rest. @Nostalgia

Last edited by Galaxy_; June 16th, 2021 at 06:02 PM.
Old June 16th, 2021, 08:26 PM

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Frostfeather watched with proud eyes as Amberpaw gave the move a try. As the apprentice got back to her feet Frostfeather flicked her ears approvingly.

That was an excellent first try Amberpaw,” Frostfeather praised, “your roll was indeed a bit shaky but you recovered well. Let’s try that again but this time when you roll drop your head with your shoulder, it’ll make your movement easier to do and smoother. As for your kick this time unsheathe your claws so you can get a feel of what it will feel like.”

Just as she finished her words Yellowpaw stepped into the clearing. Frostfeather greeted her with a warm blink and nodded for her to join Amberpaw infront of her.

Glad you could make it Yellowpaw; we are discussing Windclan counter attacks. Currently we are working on a roll kick. You may watch Amberpaw as she attempts it again and then give it a try. Just to catch you up this move is valuable to us because it allows for a way to throw off a jumping attack by a Windclan warrior, especially since these types of attacks are common.

Frostfeather nodded to Amberpaw.

You may begin.

@Oakpaw1

on hiatus due to personal reasons .
Old June 16th, 2021, 10:29 PM
Candace Flynn

Status: I've been PnF obsessed for the past two years and I have a feeling it'll be another year yet.

Quote:
Frostfeather watched with proud eyes as Amberpaw gave the move a try. As the apprentice got back to her feet Frostfeather flicked her ears approvingly.

That was an excellent first try Amberpaw,” Frostfeather praised, “your roll was indeed a bit shaky but you recovered well. Let’s try that again but this time when you roll drop your head with your shoulder, it’ll make your movement easier to do and smoother. As for your kick this time unsheathe your claws so you can get a feel of what it will feel like.”

Just as she finished her words Yellowpaw stepped into the clearing. Frostfeather greeted her with a warm blink and nodded for her to join Amberpaw infront of her.

Glad you could make it Yellowpaw; we are discussing Windclan counter attacks. Currently we are working on a roll kick. You may watch Amberpaw as she attempts it again and then give it a try. Just to catch you up this move is valuable to us because it allows for a way to throw off a jumping attack by a Windclan warrior, especially since these types of attacks are common.

Frostfeather nodded to Amberpaw.

You may begin.

@Oakpaw1
She tried again quickly, bending and squaring quickly, before dropping under again. The movement was much more smooth this time, and she wasted no time kicking up. “There! I think that went much better!”, she said as she rolled back over and bounced up to Yellowpaw. “Hey! So, we’re training together, huh? It’s my first time doing a double training session, so I’m excited.”
Old June 17th, 2021, 07:43 AM
Hiatuses

Quote:
She tried again quickly, bending and squaring quickly, before dropping under again. The movement was much more smooth this time, and she wasted no time kicking up. “There! I think that went much better!”, she said as she rolled back over and bounced up to Yellowpaw. “Hey! So, we’re training together, huh? It’s my first time doing a double training session, so I’m excited.”
"hey amberpaw!" Yellowpaw said tiredly
Old June 17th, 2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:

Frostfeather lashed her tail excitedly as she let out a purr of approval.

“Yes that was it! Good job Amberpaw!

She turned to Yellowpaw and gave a smile.

“Alright Yellowpaw, assume a normal stance and then drop one shoulder and roll under yourself. Keep your legs tight and tensed. Once you see your attacker coming down on you you push up with your legs and flip them over, just as Amberpaw demonstrated. You may begin.”

@Oakpaw1

Old June 17th, 2021, 07:55 AM
Hiatuses

Quote:
Frostfeather lashed her tail excitedly as she let out a purr of approval.

“Yes that was it! Good job Amberpaw!

She turned to Yellowpaw and gave a smile.

“Alright Yellowpaw, assume a normal stance and then drop one shoulder and roll under yourself. Keep your legs tight and tensed. Once you see your attacker coming down on you you push up with your legs and flip them over, just as Amberpaw demonstrated. You may begin.”

@Oakpaw1
Yellowpaw tried but fell before she could turn over. she had to many mice. "I don't deserve to be a apprentice" she had sadness and anger in her eyes. @Sklee
Old June 17th, 2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakpaw1 View Post

Yellowpaw tried but fell before she could turn over. she had to many mice. "I don't deserve to be a apprentice" she had sadness and anger in her eyes. @Sklee
Frostfeather shook her head.

Don’t say that, clearly you’re still feeling a little sick. Let’s try that again and this time why don’t you just practice going from a stance to the roll. Keep your legs close together and try not to lean too much into the side your going to drop your shoulder too before you start a roll.” She flicker her ear as she looked over Yellowpaw, the apprentice did look quite tired.

“If you still feel ill, feel free to simply watch for today and try to point out where you can see room for improvement in Amberpaws demonstration.”

She glanced up at Amberpaw.

After Yellowpaw tries again and if she feels up to it I’d ideally like you two to try the moves against each other. If Yellowpaw wants to sit out for today, Amberpaw I will try to attack you and you’ll use the move on me.

@Sklee

Last edited by Nostalgia; June 17th, 2021 at 10:28 AM.
Old June 17th, 2021, 05:23 PM
Candace Flynn

Quote:

Frostfeather shook her head.

Don’t say that, clearly you’re still feeling a little sick. Let’s try that again and this time why don’t you just practice going from a stance to the roll. Keep your legs close together and try not to lean too much into the side your going to drop your shoulder too before you start a roll.” She flicker her ear as she looked over Yellowpaw, the apprentice did look quite tired.

“If you still feel ill, feel free to simply watch for today and try to point out where you can see room for improvement in Amberpaws demonstration.”

She glanced up at Amberpaw.

After Yellowpaw tries again and if she feels up to it I’d ideally like you two to try the moves against each other. If Yellowpaw wants to sit out for today, Amberpaw I will try to attack you and you’ll use the move on me.

@Sklee
She nodded, feeling bad for Yellowpaw. She’d hate to feel that way in general, let alone from being sick.
Old June 18th, 2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
She nodded, feeling bad for Yellowpaw. She’d hate to feel that way in general, let alone from being sick.

Frostfeather let Yellowpaw think over her offer a bit more.

While you think Yellowpaw, Amberpaw why don’t we try out the move. I will attack and I want you to use the technique to hold me off. “

She crouched, letting Amberpaw get into position. After a few seconds of readjusting her paws she shot forward and leaped, her paws outstretched as she aimed at Amberpaws back.

@Oakpaw1