Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: ShadowClan Patrol Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan medicine cat app | purrks ]
[ #rookMCA24 ]
rookfire did his best to pretend mistlewhisker wasnt unhappy to have him around even though he was more or less sure she was, simply following the deputy towards the grimpeak once more. watching her leap onto one of the old trees branches, lower than where dawnstar held meetings yet still elevated considerably, and took his place in front, facing the clearing and leaving mistlewhisker to metaphorically watch his back for hypothetical danger that might for some unbelievable reason appear. mistlewhisker called over the cats up to receive punishment, catching rookfire right where his thoughts were about to switch for silly to ridiculous, immediately chasing the neutral expression off his face to replace it with one of disappointment.
given the fact that he himself had been on a patrol, to windclan border at that, he hadnt really had the chance to take a good look at all the cats and their respective patrols. to find out not only firepaw but gutspaw as well had messed up enough to be punished was not what he had been hoping would happen shadowing mistlewhisker. whilst gutspaw wasnt his apprentice and theoretically not his responsibility, the hot flash of embarassment mixing with disappointment and swirling around his chest and stomach was more than simply because it felt like his fault firepaw, his apprentice had been slacking. gutspaw had been promising and honestly he liked bite more than firepaw, been hoping he would be a warrior this moon, but it appeared he had thought wrong. extended too much believe and goodwill perhaps.
rookfire hoped his disappointment was visible in his non blind eye and posture alone, not bothering to express his distaste audibly and instead hoping that all three would get themselves together. not only because this was a huge hit in their career, especially for gutspaw, but because this appeared to be their first punishment (at least it wasnt worse than that, for stars sake) and would hopefully mean more motivation to change.

despite the deputies tense body language and his lack of obvious reason to seek out conversation rookfire trotted after mistlewhisker slowing once he was on shoulder height with her. there was a question burning, except it had yet to take shape, resulting in a open ended sentence that could, and hopefully would, be interpreted as seeking advice. "'dont really know what ta' say,, firepaw's been doin' alright with trainin'..."

[ @Mica - mistlewhisker | @wolfie - gutspaw brief mention ; @Lil'Ember - firepaw brief mention ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post

ⵌ ➜ #GUTSPAW
˗ˏˋ ✮ it . teeth . bite . // seventeen moons ˎˊ˗ 
small spiky-furred black tabby with striking icy blue eyes. has a huge fluffy tail & a few scars in the shapes of bite-marks - notch in left ear.
❝HIGH ACHIEVER, DON'T YOU SEE? BABY, NOTHING COMES FOR FREE !!❞

『 彡 @Mica @alec || eep sorry !!! i've been so busy i didnt realize guts had to report in ;0; hope u enjoy the angst tho uwu
Gutspaw couldn't remember the last time it slept well. Sleep was no longer restful — a previous respite turned nightmare. Thoughts of its brother's death hung heavy on bite's weary mind, and it wasn't like actually knowing what someone looked like dead now helped by any means. It didn't think twice of when Mistlewhisker's voice rung out, beckoning it come. By bones, was it on another patrol? Numbly, the apprentice approached. Dark eyebags and messy, spiky fur evident.

Its thoughts lagged behind as the deputy spoke, eyebrows furrowing deeply in confusion before it clicked. Oh abyss dammit, it lifted a paw and dragged it slowly down its face before a deep, tired sigh escaped it. Yeah. Yeah, bloody of course it didn't report in. Multiple finished patrols, and it was this one it had to screw up. Dejectedness and frustration flashed through the black tabby. Primarily regarding itself — disappointing its mentor, its own expectations, caused its chest to ache deeply as if a badger was gnawing on its own heart. Gutspaw couldn't help a sense of bitterness seeping in.

It wasn't personal, the apprentice understood this. Mistlewhisker was only doing her damn job but a part of bite couldn't help but take it to slightly to heart. It had completed the patrol, and instead of maybe sending it do something useful teeth was stuck with a humiliating name for two weeks. Gutskit. As if being one (or the) oldest apprentices despite having its requirements well fulfilled wasn't humiliating enough. And she even had to bring Rookfire of all cats to sit and watch?

Gutskit clenched its teeth, wrangling its expression into something blank; void of an reaction. Didn't matter. It didn't want special treatment, it had just thought bite's mentor might've understood. Then again, it supposed it didn't truly know the molly that much. Only what it had wanted to see. "..Yeah, sorry. I was a bit preoccupied with emptyin' my stomach outside of camp. Not so good with dead bodies, I guess, but there wasn't much to report. Didn't get to hunt, just found Yellowtwist's body with the rats. " it stated bluntly but honestly, meeting Mistlewhisker's gaze cautiously. "Won't happen again, " its gaze switched to Rookfire. Whyever he was here didn't matter but Gutskit suddenly really wanted to punch him. Seriously. If he kept looking at teeth like THAT it was going to claw his face off. Go away!!! Go!!! Get!!

Turning back to Mistlewhisker, it raised a brow. "Is the demotion it? Or is there anythin' around camp that needs to get done? Like, I dunno, cleaning out crowfood?" It offered, maybe with any luck if it showed,, enthusiasm its ceremony wouldn't get pulled back too much. (,, it was going on four moons overdue. Really. It was about to interrogate Dawnstar what her issue was soon.)

⸝⸝⊂➜﹒silk spinner ✮ kitty softpaws t2 ✮ bewitched ✮ the collector ⊃⸝⸝
❝THEY SAY I'M A CONTROL FREAK - DRIVEN BY A GREED TO SUCCEED !!❞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalspark View Post
Nightpaw

7 Moons | He/Him | No purrks

ShadowClan Apprentice

Well, this…wasn’t great. Nightpaw made his way over with his two frogs as he heard Mistlewhisker call for him, still covered in mud. He could live with whatever punishment was coming, as long as he didn't have to sit in this disgusting state for any longer. Along the way back, he'd tried several times to get some of the mud off him, but it would take a proper clean. As he approached, he tried to come up with something to explain why he'd taken so long. Maybe he could say something about the bird trying to steal his first frog as he caught his second? No, that just made him seem even more irresponsible. No, whatever punishment was coming, he'd just accept it.

Slight annoyance grew as Mistlewhisker mentioned that he’d only caught one thing. Maybe Briarsplash hadn’t known about the second when she reported, but still! He may have screwed up, but not that badly! His gaze shifted to Rookfire, the new medicine cat apprentice's presence confused him. Was this to make it scarier so the lesson would stick more? Not that that would be a bad tactic.

Demotion. That was…embarrassing. But not the end of the world. Nodding his head, Nightkit (ugh, this again?) left his two frogs right there. "I'm sorry about that." There wasn’t much else he could say. The worst part he reckoned would be telling his mentor about this. He turned to leave to clean off his fur, then he'd tell Sleepysunrise about this.

@Mica @alec [Sorry! Forgot I had to have him report XD]

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 44 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye]
Purrks: Killer Aptitude T3, Shadow Fiend, Mind Reader
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Chariot ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Nightkit's apology earned a curt nod from the Deputy. He was young--he would learn.

Gutskit, on the other hand... Mistlewhisker didn't feel good giving bite a demotion, but if she gave it special treatment, that meant she had to go easy on the other two apprentices as well. Besides--she wouldn't give Gutspaw special treatment. Bite was smart, and she had faith that bite wouldn't let this get it down. Dawnstar had ordered harsher punishments, and Mistlewhisker was merely the paw that enacted them.

Bite's words caught her attention, and she twisted around to look at bite. Something softened, almost imperceptibly, in her gaze. "Good idea. ... Thank you." She kept bite's gaze for a moment longer before walking away, feeling worse than she had in a while.

Rookfire's mumble earned a flick of the ear. "Training is only part of apprentice-ship. She'll be doing patrols for the rest of her life, so she needs to learn how it's done." Gutskit was way overdue for bite's ceremony, and Mistlewhisker found herself growing more and more frustrated with every moon bite remained an apprentice. Hopefully... this upcoming meeting. As much as Mistlewhisker liked having bite as her apprentice, it was time for teeth to become its own warrior. "Unless you need anything else, I have duties to attend to." With a curt nod, Mistlewhisker peeled away towards the camp entrance.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC) - Sparrow (Outsider)

Old October 4th, 2024, 02:48 PM
literally alec hardy

Bump Policy: any time
My Mood: Spooky

ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan medicine cat app | purrks ]
[ #rookMCA24 ]
firepaw still hadnt appeared which only made rook feel more uncharacteristically unsure about his mentorship capabilities. though, at least gutspaw (gutskit, his mind provided, helpfully) was showing regret and hearing the explanation he offered made rook a bit less disappointed. he was just a kid really, and even though rookfire himself wouldnt have had that much of a problem with the body probably, he had to detach from his own feelings and try to understand once in a while, and especially this was rather easy to understand. he was sure it wasnt lying when bite said teeth wouldnt do it again, and rookfire gave him a nod at the suggestion of clearing out crowfood. gutspaw had some good traits, and this was certainly one of them. nightpaw hadnt really been his business before and the apology wasnt anything special but he was young and this had hopefully been scary enough to be the last time he forget reporting.

when mistlewhisker addressed him the embarassment was almost instant, it had been a stupid thing to say and well within the deputies right to put him in his place in a way. "yeah, youre right" just concerned im the one doing something wrong ear twitching into a more passive position, unlike the usual relaxed one but not outwardly folding under the slight pressure mistlewhiskers response put on him socially.
'"Unless you need anything else, I have duties to attend to."' ack he had already overstepped asking to shadow her, how the hell had he thought it would be a good idea to get on her nerves with stupid half questions. "no, sorry for the disturbance ma'am" and with that he parted from the deputy, disappearing into the crowd.

[ @Mica ]

Rookfire is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat Apprentice ☆
━━━━━━━━
Rook's tracker || Shadowclan Healing || placeholder
Old Today, 10:57 AM
i bite sometimes ♡

Bump Policy: 1 week // 72 hours ( 3 days ) if time sensitive
My Mood: Angelic

PATROLS ARE DUE OCTOBER 30th
BY 11:59pm CENTRAL TIME

If you would like to be replaced please let me know no later than October 20th at 11:59pm Central Standard Time. You are more than welcome to ask for an extension up to three days after the patrol is due although such is not preferred, however, patrols that fail to report in/back or return with empty paws will be punished in character by Mossfreckle, Rookfire, Dawnstar, or an enforcer.

Please report in this thread to Mossfreckle [mention me @/elio] with the number of each herb gathered along with a link to the post in which you collected the herbs. Note that no cat should be realistically able to carry more than 5 herbs - if you have The Collecter purkk you will be able to carry 8 and second trips can be made to bring back more.

Unless stated by the patrol leader, everyone should report their own herbs and herbs reported by the patrol leader should still list which cat brought which herbs. [failing to return with herbs will result in IC punishment]

Gathering of herbs should be done through roleplay IC, hence the links to where the herbs were gathered. Furthermore, please include how many of each herb your cat gathered in your return post.

Please VM if you have any question or concerns, I don’t bite

(If your character is an apprentice and none of the warriors are showing up it is your responsibility to find a warrior to go with you and/or go and speak with Mossfreckle)

❀⊱ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ⊰❀

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The High Priestess ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

❦ Mossy hues flitted between the cracking crevices of the stone walls the nature carved shelved which bore the burden of his ever growing stockade of herbs which varied form vivid blooms to dull verdant leaves to a lone outlier which laid starkly separated form the organised piled as well as metaphorically between the annals of the herbalist’s starry mind as he rolled the image within his mind like a marble one’s finger tips, tugging forth the compilation of moons worth of knowledge he still fell short of grasping the vividly verdant and long, think stalked, billowing plant in question. Whether it be a remnant form his former mentor or the incoherent attempt of his former apprentice to properly complete a task or simply something brought in by many a patrol, lone or ordered, the freckled tabby had little clue as he leapt with the unknown herb clenched gently between his canines over the babbling rivulet which cut the burrow in half as if to impose some lingering idea of the disconnect of power and society, and strode to intercept Rookfire { @alec } who had been waiting ever so diligently before the muddied orange and silvery verdant tones of the lichen curtain which shrouded the medicine cat’s den form the beaming midnoon soon and added teasing shadows to the dappling of golden rays that filtered through the knotted roots above and cast dancing beams of sunlight onto the hard packed earth and glistening water, ”Do you know what this is?,” Mossfreckle mused as he laid the plant before the dark grey tom, curiosity like a chipper lacing to his clam and lilting tones, ”It is quite low and if it’s useful I will have more gathered but if it’s not I would rather it not be lying confusingly within my stores,” it was a to the point question and it wasn’t meant to be anything less than simply put bluntness, the oriental was sure it served some purpose or another but if it didn’t it had no need or right to continue residing among plants far more useful than most. [ can throw this in your patrol started at the top, thank you <3 ]Taking in the medical spiel as Rookfire’s deeper tomes settled softly on the soft hairs within the canals of his large ears the younger yet higher ranked healer nodded along, appreciative of the dynamic hewn of a shared thirst for knowledge than the bounds of a harsh dictatorial apprenticeship as the information was administered with as much precision as one would clean a weeping gash and as quickly one would set a jutting, off angled bone.

❦ New knowledge settled warmly on the barren and chilled stones of the medicine cats mind, sparking up new life within the annals which sprawled like an ancient labyrinth which connected lose ends and old knowledge, a bit of information form one feline solidified by another, a map more or less of the painstaking effort of self improval and expansion forested and tended to by one’s own self loathing and feeling of inadequacy. With a nod to the former enforcer, Mossfreckle closed the space between the gap of contemplative musings and his original destination far beyond the mouth of his den as even, long legged gaits carried him to the base of the ancient and looming stump of the grim peak which reached form the earth as if it was a beast from below seeking to claw its long dead from which it had came, unwilling to let go of life fully it stood as a requiem of times long past. Lanky form sat, positioned comfortably beside Rookfire as white tipped feathery tail twitched to bump the tom momentarily before flipping to curl politely over white tipped paws as attention shifted from internal and foresighted to encompass the camp as a whole, every feline which flickered in his peripheral’s and those whom he had selected for the current round of soon to be sent out herb patrols.

❦ Tail flicked to call forward the familiar black and white tufted enforcer from the crowd { @Estelle ~ Sleepysunrise }, offering a soft smile as she was to be making her way to the herbalist as he began the first of the assignments once he knew she was within the range of his authoritative tones which where raised against the hustle and bustle of the goings on of the Shadowclan camps perpetually busy clearing activities, ”How have you been love,” the tom as the familial molly informally as he waited to pick out the others of her patron among the ever shifting eclectic mingling of pelts and shared tongues, ”You will be leading a patrol to Mourning Ruins in search of blazing star, lavender, and stinging nettle. Take Newtbelly { @sleepyyjax }, Squirrelrise { @idia }, and Hollowpaw { @Aries } along with you,” the tom paused his dictation to wait a moment for the other felines to make their way to group, ”Blazing star is found at the edges of the forest and is most notable by its five narrow and pointed yellow petals with lots of filaments bursting form the center, almost like a fallen star if you will. Be extra carfuls when gathering these as they greatly helpful in curing the onsets of unknown illness and will be helpful as we transition from greenleaf to leaffall. Secondly, as repetitive as such a spiel may be to some of you, lavender is a tall stocked and topped with long clusters of purple flowers that make their way down the stem, they can be detected easily not only by their colour but by their unique and fragrant scent,” another brief pause to catch his breath and allow the feline’s before him to take in the first bit of shared knowledge, some more than usual as he strove to kill two birds with one fell swipe - knowledge for knowledge, a fair trade besides his obligated duty of furthering his apprentice’s knowledge without constraint - Lastly, is stinging nettle which needs a special technique to avoid more unfortunate outcomes. Stinging nettle is brightly verdant thick stemmed and wide, serrated edge leafed most known for its itchy and irksome hairs, hence, you will need to put the leaves and stems into running water and hold firmly while rubbing them, go in the direction the hairs grown, not against. Once the leaves and stem is free of the hairs you can bring them back to dry in the sun so that the plant does not get mushy and start to rot," with the last of the needed information relayed and a mostly certain assurance that he would not have to deal with a fussing kit acting warrior with itchy paws, Mossfreckle’s tail flicked to direct the first patrol group out and onward to their task.

❦ Turning a less than pleased gaze towards Foggymask who had failed to adequately complete his last patrol and had, unfortunately, been left unpunished as the more pressing matter of Grousepaw’s subsequent absence form not only his patrol but his duty in general had taken president, which meant absolutely nothing but as to say that Mossfreckle remembered and the tom would be punished properly regardless of what punishments had been administered before, if he slipped up it would be his second, not his first. That was neither here nor there outside of a mental warning that he willed towards the tom that had a less than sweet spot within the herbalist heart, more so a rotted section, and turned his focus to seek out the patrols leader, finding the light grey marked dark tom and meeting similarly toned hues Mossfreckle began, ”Ashthorn { @gayvinegar }, you will be taking Foggymask { @otter }, and Stemppaw { @Luna16 } out into Shadowclan Territory to gather honey and Ragwort. Honey is a golden liquid that can be used to soothe aching throats and lesson minor coughs by lubricating the throat,” a turn to add a brief side note to the dark grey tom at his side, ”it can also be used to sweeten herb mixtures for fussy kits or be added into a mixture of chamomile and water for a sweet and calming drink,” focus shifted once more outward, ”What is more important about honey, however, is that it can be found in beehives which hand from trees, you are welcome to try and knock it down to gather the combs from the shattered hive but I recommend attempting to find a recently dormant hive so that I do not have to waste my time and herbs on bee stings you got gathering herbs, it’s counterproductive. The second herb you are to gather is ragwort which is characterised by deeply verdant and ruffled leaves that extend outward against the ground form a center most point. If there is no questions you are free to leave,” the tom instructed and dismissed before turning to his Rookfire and thus his last patrol.

❦ Bumping his star marked brow into the muscled toms shoulder the medicine cat shuffled to take Rookfire into his foresight rather than the blurry peripherals that his apprentice had sat in the majority of the patrol send out, ”You will be heading to Evergreen Grotto to collect more horsetail, catmint, and marigold. You will be talking Palepaw { @goodacacia } and Silentpaw { @Starphobia } out with you, it will do them some good to be out and about and leaning something new,” a pause as he watched the apprentices from the lessoning crowd as those who weren’t sent out went back on their way, ”I know you know these dear but I’m going to go over the last two herbs for Palepaw and Silentpaw, while you can explain Horsetail to them as I am still categorising it correctly in my mind. Catmint has a distinct smell and pale green plant with slightly serrated leaves and a bushel fluffy purple flowers that ascend the stems. Lastly, marigold is mainly characterised by ruffly orange layers of petals flowers and deeper verdant stems with long and thin pointed leaves that go down a mean line,” and with that the medicine cat canted his head in the direction of the exit, ”off you lot go,” he meowed before turning to seek out a rising commotion as the patrols left one by one and without one very vocal kit. { @wolfie ~ Houndkit // feel free to wreck your havoc <3 }

౨Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Catৎ

it is not a fate cast in the stars, it is a calling written in blood and etched in bone

ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Mossfreckle’s Tracker

Last edited by elio; Today at 11:04 AM.
Old Today, 11:11 AM
A Silent Night haunts me

Bump Policy: Anytime, please! I forget a lot :(
My Mood: Stressed

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Silentpaw
Patched tortoiseshell tabby tom with deep blue eyes that look purplish in certain light sources and a short fluffy tail.
He/Him | 8 Moons| + every 1st | ShadowClan Apprentice | Silent
[N/A/100]

Purrks:
Ultimate Predator [Permanently Active] • Agatha Kitty [Permanently Active] • Katty Krueger [INACTIVE]

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
Silentpaw padded up at the mention of his name. Herb patrol. Neat. Just what he needed for the day when he wanted to do absolutely nothing. He listened closely to the description of the herbs, nodding along. He gave a quick scan of the clearing, trying to spot Palepaw.

{ @alec - @goodacacia }
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Please feel free to bump me on any ongoing RPs. I have ADHD and it gets really hard for me to keep track of all my RPs ^^
• • •

IcekitSilentpaw • Mothflame • Firepaw • Daykit • Windkit • Spiritkit • Eveningpaw • Mimickit • Starlingkit • Hiddenpaw • Milkbee • Flickerflame
Character Site

Do you dare approach?
Old Today, 02:17 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever! 100% remind me after 72 hrs though!
My Mood: Angelic

Newtbelly
he/him | Agatha Kitty, Shadow Fiend | 18 moons

Newtbelly found himself sat in the clearing, cleaning his coat. After all, what was there to do? No leaving the camp without orders. He'd stay put. His ear twitched as he noticed the medicine cat emerge from their den - could it be herb patrols?

Much to his delight, he'd guessed right, and his own name soon reached his ears. Wonderful. The tom stopped to stretch his back, before wandering closer to the medicine den - awaiting his patrol mates. Sleepysunrise, hm? The enforcer. Wasn't she younger than him? He definitely recalled her warrior ceremony. It wasn't rare for him to be jealous of the younger enforcers. Just what had they done that he didn't? Not that he held it against them. His respect for Dawnstar was great, and thus it was the same for the team of enforcers. He just found himself... Lost, wondering what the difference was. Whatever, it would just drive him to work harder. He had time yet.

Now those other cats - Squirrelrise and Hollowpaw. He couldn't say he knew either of them. Soon, he would, he supposed.

@Estelle @idia @Arie

Last edited by sleepyyjax; Today at 02:17 PM.