Seakit finder
Last post by CollapsingStars
Today 10:43 AM
spooky scary stories send...
by wolfie
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 10:23 AM

Old October 9th, 2023, 11:25 AM

Bump Policy: Every 30 minutes at the most!
My Mood: Mysterious
Default Re: Windy Hills

Summer tilted her head
Quote:
Are you ok Tigermist?
she curled into a ball and looked up
Quote:
you seem very quiet?
Old October 11th, 2023, 04:55 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Scorchedfang was feeling a little restless today, so he took it upon himself to restock the prey pile. After leaving camp, he detoured away from his usual spots - heading uphill.

Along the way, he caught the scent of a mouse and was quick to track and dispatch it. He buried it in a shallow hole before continuing, following the smell of a hawk. He was not going to be quick enough to catch something like a rabbit, but a perched bird? He had a chance.

The hawk was preening on the edge one of the cliffs, giving Fellcone a prime opportunity to strike. He weaseled over and pounced, pinning it beneath his oversized paws. It struggled, but not enough to free itself - his fangs met its throat first. He dragged it down the hill to join the mouse.

He considered heading back already; this would already triple the current prey pile. However, he decided to keep going once he hit the meadow. The scent of mice was strong, and before long he had tracked down and killed two more. With three mice and a hawk in tow, this seemed like a fair amount to bring back, so he returned to camp.

[ +3 mice, +1 hawk ]
Old November 1st, 2023, 07:41 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Dapplebreeze |

It felt like it had been moons since Dapplebreeze had felt like her old self. Everything had just hit so suddenly. Loss after loss. Even the sudden disappearance of her grandson had affected her more than she cared to admit. It had made her feel so alone despite being surrounded by so many clanmates. Clanmates that she was beginning to realize felt less and less familiar with each passing day.

When had WindClan become so full of wandering vagabonds making a passing stop at their camp? Because that was what the camp's clearing felt like. Looking at stranger after stranger in the camp. The sole, remaining guardian being a former ThunderClan leader in and of itself a complete joke, the deputy seeking the affection of a rogue who honestly seemed completely uninterested - yet was begrudgingly useful in keeping the clan fed - a RiverClanner making their home in the midst? And after what Beanstar had done to their precious leader. It was enough to make her blood roar as it lusted for another's to be spilled.

It was this very realization that had her out and about today. The sweeping wind ruffling her thick fur as Dapplebreeze patrolled the familiar hills, seeking out prey to nourish the clan. She would be lying if she said she was feeling well. There was still weakness plaguing her body. She had been steadily recovering thanks to Lightningpaw's - no, Lightningstorm's - attentive care, but she refused to sulk any longer. To wait for her body to simply feel like it was now ready to work. The former queen had never been one to idle about pointlessly in camp, and she would most certainly not begin such ludicrous pastimes now.

Dainty paws leading her downwind, the spotted dame caught it. The scent of vole in the air. It was an odd scent. And most certainly not what she had expected to find in the hills, but she would take it. Prey was prey, and she knew of a certain calico who would consider it a personal favor if the vole was delivered to her directly. A small purr of amusement escaping her at the thought, the senior warrior crouched, allowing instinct and well practiced muscle memory to take over for her, her mind focused on only one thing. Catching her prey.

It was over quickly. The vole hadn't even realized she was there. With not a sound made as she swiftly struck, she sent a silent prayer to StarClan, both for the prey she had hunted as well as for the one she would be going for next. Even with the scent of vole clinging to her nostrils, the decadent smell of rabbit permeated the breeze. There must be a new warren close, no doubt having taken over the old, abandoned rabbit holes that had escaped the fire's destructive prowess.

The molly dug her vole into the ground, intent on going after the new prey when she paused. It had been a long time since she had hunted. A long time since she had exerted herself. And she was still weak. Her vision swam before her, paws trembling moments before she felt herself collapse on the ground.

Dapplebreeze gritted her teeth, a mixture of anger and disappointment at herself bubbling within her. The round faced molly wanted nothing more than to keep going. To keep hunting. The rabbit was gone, however. She heard the warning thump. The scuttering feet. The urge to run after them struck her where she lay, knowing full well she couldn't. With a sigh, she realized that the vole would be the only prey she would be bringing back to camp... assuming she could get herself the strength to go back first.

| Open |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old November 6th, 2023, 10:26 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 27 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧─ ────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Alchemist Kitsune || aa this is very short but wanted to have him pop on over rq
[ kitty softpaws has been activated ]
There was a cream and tan patched feline laying in the middle of the Hills. They did not look alive. Cowtuft was very much concerned. He had been watching from afar because goodness, he was not sure if they were a clanmate or an outsider. He had his herbs but the gentle giant was not interested in a confrontation to only get more wounds. Then, all of the sudden the cat collapsed! He pushed his worries away and started to approach the stranger. Tail tucked neatly in between his legs, he carried the bundle of herbs in his jaws. Large paws were quiet on the ground, light as a feather.

Cowtuft only made his presence properly known when he leaned over .. "Mmmph!!" He squeaked, oh silly him. He knew who this was. She had round ears and blue eyes with a particular scent. Dapplebreeze. Lightningstorm had been handling her treatment so he was more familiar with her. His shoulders slumped with relief, setting his bundle of herbs down. She didn't look so good. Like, really not good. "Uhm.. Miss.. pardon me.. are you feeling a..alright..?" Cowtuft looked around nervously. He didn't think he could carry her.

"I saw you collapsed from afar.."

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc

Last edited by wolfie; November 6th, 2023 at 10:26 PM.
Old November 8th, 2023, 10:23 AM

My Mood: Worried

Blizzardfur
A white she-cat with tea green eyes and tan nose

I walked calmly among the flowers and herbs.

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.
   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚      .  .   ˚ .             ✦
Old November 19th, 2023, 02:09 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Active

The molly was always a keen observer, aware of her surroundings no matter the circumstances. It was how she had reached her older age - an age she honestly did not feel merited the title of senior warrior, yet somehow she found herself at that range amongst the younger warriors that composed most of the clan - here in WindClan, despite her feistier, more battle hungry side. Yet even with her keen senses, Dapplebreeze did not hear him coming. There was no sound that came with the massive paws as they made contact with the earth. The wind seemed to be at his favor, as well, making the former queen blind to his presence in all forms. Weakened and staring blankly ahead, it wasn't until the black and white tom loomed over her that she realized he was even there, and the molly could instantly feel her hackles raise as her blood roared, demanding she strike at the intruder even in her collapsed state.

"Cowtuft?" she asked, her voice almost slurred with exhaustion.

Oh, how ashamed she was. Just as swiftly as her hackles had raised, they began to lay flat once more. To think she had almost bared her teeth at the medicine cat. To attack any medicine cat was an atrocity in and of itself - something only cats as lowly and cowardly as those of ThunderClan would ever try - but for it to have been her own clan's healer? Oh, she could scarcely look him in the eye after such a terrible slight. And here she prided herself in her composed nature, unwavering loyalty and fair treatment towards all of her clanmates, no matter what their personal relationship stood as.

Dapplebreeze wanted nothing more than to apologize for her mistake, but between her sluggishness and her confusion at the tom's signs, she found herself instead staring blankly at him. It was... so odd, really. She had eaten quite well before leaving. Perhaps this had been the reason Lightningstorm had been so insistent on her coming back around the healer's den soon, once some more of those... flowers were found. Which were they? Borage? Burnet? Oh, confound it, she honestly couldn't quite remember right now. There were many a reasons she was not a medicine cat nor had ever been interested in the position, after all, and her lack of interest in learning about the healing herbs was most certainly one of them.

Befuddled, the former queen lifted her head, her eyes slowly going into and out of focus as she tried to concentrate on the signs. Truth be told, she had never been particularly gifted at understanding the signs Cowtuft used to communicate. It wasn't for any particular reason... she just didn't frequently visit the young tom for much. It even seemed as though during this, the first time in her life she'd been truly ill, it had been Lightningstorm who had tended to her illness. In fact, she could really only remember going to the dear tom for help once or twice before... and never for anything as severe as the condition she found herself in now. Shaking her head as if to clear it, the patched warrior closed her eyes, trying to center herself and find the strength to stand once more. Goodness, she would need to learn those signs properly someday... It could prove to be quite problematic in a case of emergency if she couldn't understand the dear without a second to spare.

"Oh goodness. You'll have to excuse me, darling. I'm afraid that I may have overexerted myself just a little more than your young protege allows of me while I recover. Overestimated the amount of strength I had in me. 'Shan't happen again, you have my word. Now... I left a vole... somewhere... I am sure. If I can just..." she mewed, her voice far more calm and collected than her unfocused gaze and trembling legs suggested she was capable of as she struggled to stand, unwilling to be a further burden to the tom; she was a warrior of WindClan, and she would make her way home on her own four feet!

@wolfie [Cowtuft]
| ... I was waiting for your response on this. I had forgotten it was my turn. So sorry. |

Old November 26th, 2023, 12:22 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 27 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Alchemist Kitsune
His floppy ears perked up at the sound of his name. He gave a quick nod in confirmation, unaware of the hackles that rose or the guilt coursing through her body. Cowtuft only smiled softly, staring at the molly with wide, round eyes. He waited for a response patiently, his large, feathery tail swishing back and forth quietly. Listening to the wind blow across the moor. Beautiful day, really.

Though, Dapplebreeze seemed to be sluggish in her movements. She returned his gazing with a blank stare of her own, admittedly she seemed primarily focused on his gestures. Guilt flashed through his splotched pelt. A common one; to feel such shame for even unconvincing his clanmates. Unfortunately, the shame only tied his tongue into a knot further. His expression softened, a light dimmer but it was gone in a flash. Cowtuft had a clanmate here who had collapsed.

She would most definitely need burnet. Sorrel, too. He believed juniper berries wouldn't be needed, at least not right now. He would keep a careful eye on her.

He blinked away from his thoughts, tuning back into Dapplebreeze who seemed to have drifted herself before speaking up. Quickly, she had begun to already stagger to her paws with wobbly legs. Her voice was full with confidence that it certainly almost convinced Cowtuft she was all fine and dandy but he tilted his head, a furrow in his brow of concern. He nodded his head, understanding her fully. He too had days where he happened to push it a little too far with his leg. Always paid the price in the end. His paws, too. Often cuts were made. Every since the fire they had been numb.

"No worries, dear..! We can get you back to my den.. and I'll fix you up.. swift as a rabbit can hop, " He gestured with his whiskers twitching in amusement. She might not understand, but it was an attempt. He figured the warrior would not appreciate him treating her as in capable. Instead, he glanced around for possibly sighting of the vole.

He caught eye of it buried rather close and made quick look of digging it up with his large paws. Cowtuft picked it up, turning back to Dapplebreeze. He would very much be carrying the vole for her, at the very least!!!

He shuffled a bit closer to her, tilting his head in the direction of camp. Ready to go? He kept a shoulder held out as a silent offer for help in case she needed it.

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc
Old December 21st, 2023, 01:18 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Inactive | Silver Tongue - Inactive

The senior warrior blinked once more, feeling quite foolish as she blankly stared at the black and white tom. Oh, how Dapplebreeze wished she wasn't feeling this brutal weakness take over her now. She was a warrior of WindClan. A true soldier of the code! To be withering away over something as far away from her control as this was insulting to her. And what was worse, she was finding herself at a loss for words to respond to the dear once more! At least this time, she got some of the message. Or rather so she hoped.

"Oh... why... Yes, yes. Of course. I'll take a good, long rest once we get back to camp. I do... I do believe that might be best, yes," the patched she-cat slurred absently once more as she leaned on the black and white tom, gratitude flashing momentarily in her blue eyes before it was replaced with a renewed sense of focus, the need to make it back to camp with some level of dignity consuming her as she took unsteady, heavy steps.

@wolfie [Cowtuft]
| I forgot to close this! I could have sworn I had closed this one! I know you are busy busy, so we can just have the two of them reach camp and have Dapplebreeze collapse in her nest offscreen for the purposes of this roleplay if you prefer. |

Old January 1st, 2024, 11:05 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 46 moons
[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes and white chest, muzzle and paws]
---------------
[Bravebird - @tallulah ]
---------------
StarClan, it was cold. Hawkfur was eternally grateful for his thick fur--unless it was hot, then he eternally hated it--but even though the wind was still for once, it was very cold. He looked back to Bravebird, gesturing to the hills ahead of them. "It's not too windy today, so maybe some prey will be out and about." The red tom was looking forward to some hunting to warm his icy bones, and who better to do it with than the lilac point behind him? The sky was grey, and the air was thick with the promise of snow... but only StarClan knew if it was actually going to snow. There had been several close calls this season, yet not a single snowfall. It felt weird, not having snow yet. He wondered if the forest was warming. Would that mean greenleafs get hotter? Hawkfur suddenly and vehemently hated that idea.

Not wanting to get his hopes up about snow, Hawkfur dashed into the valley of the hills and up over one, relishing the burn in his legs and the ache in his lungs. He was feeling so much better, lungs healed from the incident at the Sky Glade. He had a feeling that he would never be back to one hundred percent, but with everything going on with the medicine cats, he was not comfortable enough to get it checked out. But he was here to avoid thinking about all that! He was here to hunt and be useful to his clan. Plus, he still owed Bravebird those three rabbit tails from their race a moon prior.

[Here they are, the sillies! I figured the wind can be like non existant so the snow fall is gentle and they can play : D]

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig art by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old January 2nd, 2024, 12:48 PM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Bravebird
She/her | 42 moons | Beefed Up T3 • One with the Warren
In the warmer moons, Bravebird relished in having short fur with the only long tufts being around her neck, chest and face pretty much. It allowed her to run free and not feel bogged down, or slide easily through the tunnels that wound their way underground. But during leaf-bare? It was why she ran so often, kept herself active. And not to mention the fact that she was used to it - actually preferred the feeling of the cold wind versus anything else.

Thankfully it seemed calm as she headed out of camp with Hawkfur. There was still that familiar chill in the air, but nothing more. "Ironic that we find ourselves at the Windy Hills that have no wind," she joked as she saw the rise of hills in the distance. Paws trotted across the moorland, jaws parting to draw in the scents around her. There wasn't anything yet, and Brave knew she'd likely see them before scenting them.

Suddenly at her side Hawkfur darted off, and it only took a moment for the adrenaline switch to flip within her before she was bolting after him. "I see your lungs are better!" she called after him, blue eyes sparkling with laughter. She pushed her paws into the ground, trying to propel herself faster and faster, moving with the dips as she came upon the Windy Hills. Cresting one of the hills, Brave didn't stop until she had caught up to her companion.

They were here to hunt, yes, and Bravebird was not one for slacking off. But when a perfect opportunity presented itself... With a smirk the smaller warrior sprang from where she ran, gliding over the back of Hawkfur and landing on his other side. Hopefully confusing the larger tom she then launched herself right at him, hoping that the element of surprise and her momentum would be enough to send them both rolling.

[ @Micanomancy the sillies!!! love them ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |