Old December 27th, 2021, 03:40 PM
im cooking!!!

Bump Policy: one week please
My Mood: Daring

Default Re: The Weeping Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post

—Nightkit—

Nightkit smiled brightly. “Yeah! You found me!” she meowed cheerfully. Nightkit then bunched up her hindquarters and made to leap out of the hole. But when she jumped, Nightkit couldn’t get out. Uh oh. She thought. Well, I’ll just try again. Nightkit leaped, but hit her head against the tree root covering the hole’s opening, and fell back down into the hole again.

”Owwwwww,” Nightkit whimpered. Her head hurt, and she was getting cold. “Firkit? Can you help me, I think I’m stuck!” Nightkit took deep breaths, ignoring the ringing in her ears. She would be fine, besides, they had no medicine cat now. She would have to be fine, no matter what.
“Oh my…try to just stay still, and fluff out your fur to keep out the cold. “ she mewed as the kit cautiously tried to dog right next to the root covering the hole…bonk! Her paw hit another root, and the stress of not being able to get her out nibbled at her stomach as she tried digging at another point.

She kept on hitting roots, until she strategized and weaved through the roots from a farther point, until she had tunneled like a rat through the roots and to Nightkit. Through the way, her thick fur had helped her keep warm.

raccoonear is a riverclan warrior | hound is a loner

Old December 27th, 2021, 04:13 PM
Watch the world go by...

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud- View Post
“Oh my…try to just stay still, and fluff out your fur to keep out the cold. “ she mewed as the kit cautiously tried to dog right next to the root covering the hole…bonk! Her paw hit another root, and the stress of not being able to get her out nibbled at her stomach as she tried digging at another point.

She kept on hitting roots, until she strategized and weaved through the roots from a farther point, until she had tunneled like a rat through the roots and to Nightkit. Through the way, her thick fur had helped her keep warm.
—Nightkit—

Nightkit shivered while she waited. Her fur was fluffed to the point where she looked like a big puff ball. But she sat patiently, until, suddenly, Firkit had appeared in the hole with her.

Nightkit jumped in surprise. What? How- what? She looked behind Firkit, and noticed a tunnel. Oh. She saw now. Firkit had tunneled to her! “Firkit!” Nightkit squealed in delight. “You did it!”

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Clearlight | Daykit | Nightkit | Rainburst
Brittleshore | Slatefrost | Molly | Revel
•-----------------------⋅☾☼☽⋅-----------------------•
Old December 27th, 2021, 08:16 PM
im cooking!!!

Quote:

—Nightkit—

Nightkit shivered while she waited. Her fur was fluffed to the point where she looked like a big puff ball. But she sat patiently, until, suddenly, Firkit had appeared in the hole with her.

Nightkit jumped in surprise. What? How- what? She looked behind Firkit, and noticed a tunnel. Oh. She saw now. Firkit had tunneled to her! “Firkit!” Nightkit squealed in delight. “You did it!”
She giggled, noticing her cotton ball look. “Well, let’s get out of here before we freeze.” As she crawled through the tunnel, the walls brushed up against her flank. She tried to control her ever lashing tail, seeing that Nightkit was right behind her, so her tail was all curled up.

She emerged from the tunnel and sat, waiting for Nightkit to pop out so Firkit could shove a little bit of snow down the hole.

Old December 28th, 2021, 09:42 AM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
She giggled, noticing her cotton ball look. “Well, let’s get out of here before we freeze.” As she crawled through the tunnel, the walls brushed up against her flank. She tried to control her ever lashing tail, seeing that Nightkit was right behind her, so her tail was all curled up.

She emerged from the tunnel and sat, waiting for Nightkit to pop out so Firkit could shove a little bit of snow down the hole.
--Nightkit--

Nightkit quickly followed behind Firkit, scooting herself up the tunnel bit by bit. The tunnel was a big long, but Nightkit didn't mind. As long as she got out of that horrible hole that she fell in. Gosh, if only she had paid attention, she would'be known not to fall into that hole.

After another moment of crawling, Nightkit emerged out of the tunnel. She shook out bits of dirt and snow from her fur, then gave her pelt a few clicks to smooth down unruly strands. "Thank you Firkit!" Nightkit exclaimed, relieved. "You saved me!"

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Old December 28th, 2021, 10:41 AM
im cooking!!!

Quote:

--Nightkit--

Nightkit quickly followed behind Firkit, scooting herself up the tunnel bit by bit. The tunnel was a big long, but Nightkit didn't mind. As long as she got out of that horrible hole that she fell in. Gosh, if only she had paid attention, she would'be known not to fall into that hole.

After another moment of crawling, Nightkit emerged out of the tunnel. She shook out bits of dirt and snow from her fur, then gave her pelt a few clicks to smooth down unruly strands. "Thank you Firkit!" Nightkit exclaimed, relieved. "You saved me!"
Firkit smiled, “well, you would have done the same.” Mewed the kit as she used her legs to shove snow down the tunnel. Once finished, she patted it down with one paw. “There,”

Shaking snow out of her pelt, she yawned. “Wanna keep on playing, or should we just call it a day?”

Old December 29th, 2021, 08:53 AM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
Firkit smiled, “well, you would have done the same.” Mewed the kit as she used her legs to shove snow down the tunnel. Once finished, she patted it down with one paw. “There,”

Shaking snow out of her pelt, she yawned. “Wanna keep on playing, or should we just call it a day?”
--Nightkit--

Nightkit started to protest, started to say that she didn't want to stop playing, but then a yawn escaped out. A huge yawn that felt as if it were going to split her skull. Whoops. Nightkit widened her eyes, clamping her mouth shut.

"Maybe we should stop playing," Nightkit meowed sheepishly. "But could we keep playing tomorrow?" she asked, hopeful.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters

Last edited by Brightlight; December 29th, 2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old December 29th, 2021, 09:36 PM
im cooking!!!

Quote:

--Nightkit--

Nightkit started to protest, started to say that she didn't want to stop playing, but then a yawn escaped out. A huge yawn that felt as if it were going to split her skull. Whoops. Nightkit widened her eyes, clamping her mouth shut.

"Maybe we should stop playing," Nightkit meowed sheepishly. "But could we keep playing tomorrow?" she asked, hopeful.
“Yeah, sounds good!” Truth be told, Firkit was easy to tire. Even after just two rounds, accompanied by last night being a restful night, the kit was already tired.

Old December 30th, 2021, 10:08 AM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

~ Sparrowflight ~

Silently stalking through the brush, a streak of tan fur followed the movements of a vole as it skittered around the base of a tree (seemingly hunting for food of it's own). A lash of the warriors tail was the only indication of her upcoming ambush. A sudden pounce, a puff of snow as she landed, and a muffled squeak were the only evidence of her presence in the otherwise still and snow-muffled woods. Bowing her head to thank Starclan for the prey, Sparrowflight's platitudes were interrupted by the familiar squeaky voices of... kits???

Shooting up into a standing position, Sparrowflight quickly picked up the vole and flicked her ears around in an attempt to locate the younger cats. What in Starclan's name were they doing so far from camp?! Her spry limbs raced her towards the source of the sound before her bright green eyes finally spotted them. How a pair of kits managed to sneak out undetected mystified her, but since she had found them it was her responsibility to bring them back. Her past conversation with Ridgeclaw ghosted through her mind, and she nodded firmly in greeting to the two young rascals in an attempt to get them to notice her and the enticing vole that had been freshly caught.

@Cloud- @Brightlight

Last edited by Jayvines; December 30th, 2021 at 10:08 AM.
Old December 30th, 2021, 12:53 PM
im cooking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayvines View Post
~ Sparrowflight ~

Silently stalking through the brush, a streak of tan fur followed the movements of a vole as it skittered around the base of a tree (seemingly hunting for food of it's own). A lash of the warriors tail was the only indication of her upcoming ambush. A sudden pounce, a puff of snow as she landed, and a muffled squeak were the only evidence of her presence in the otherwise still and snow-muffled woods. Bowing her head to thank Starclan for the prey, Sparrowflight's platitudes were interrupted by the familiar squeaky voices of... kits???

Shooting up into a standing position, Sparrowflight quickly picked up the vole and flicked her ears around in an attempt to locate the younger cats. What in Starclan's name were they doing so far from camp?! Her spry limbs raced her towards the source of the sound before her bright green eyes finally spotted them. How a pair of kits managed to sneak out undetected mystified her, but since she had found them it was her responsibility to bring them back. Her past conversation with Ridgeclaw ghosted through her mind, and she nodded firmly in greeting to the two young rascals in an attempt to get them to notice her and the enticing vole that had been freshly caught.

@Cloud- @Brightlight
“Oh, great starclan…Nightkit, we’ve been caught.” They muttered, facing their friend and then trotting over to the Warrior. “Hello,” they mewed calmly, though in their racing mind was thoughts of what might happen. Would they be camp-bound? Some other form of discipline? The kit wondered on and on, in the few moments it took Sparrowflight to reply.

@Brightlight

Old December 30th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Watch the world go by...

@Jayvines
@Cloud-

--Nightkit--

The little kit froze when she noticed the warrior, sending Firkit a panicked glance. Oh no, hopefully they wouldn't get in trouble with Aspenstar! Nightkit shuffled her paws, creating an indentation in the snow. She contemplated burying herself in the snow. But no, she couldn't no that.

Nightkit padded up to the warrior along with Firkit. "We didn't mean to run away or anything bad!" she meowed hurriedly. "It's just that- for the game we're playing- there's not a lot of places to hide in camp!" Nightkit finally finished. She had thought that the Weeping Tree would be a good idea since it was close to camp. Apparently not.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters

Last edited by Brightlight; December 30th, 2021 at 01:05 PM.