Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
RiverClan Medicine Cat applications are open until September 9th, 11:59 PM EST!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
foxes round 2: FIGHT!
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 05:18 PM
RiverClan Meetings (August...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 05:17 PM
Bugs at play [p]
by Zero
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 05:14 PM
The edge. Moonweeper's...
Last post by Hushfalls
Today 04:55 PM
Blue's Character Shop!!
Last post by Bluest+r~
Today 04:54 PM

Old August 7th, 2024, 05:25 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: ShadowClan Patrol Place

@redshiftreign - Grousepaw | @Morrigan - Darkcloud | @Mica - Mistlewhisker

The Shadow Queen trailed in behind the rest of her patrol mates not long after their arrival. She dropped her catches down and then sat down to take a moment to scratch at the side of her neck. She had gotten herself cleaned up well enough, burrs removed, but it still felt itchy and uncomfortable. This was going to do wonders on her already sour mood.

"As you can see the patrol went well. Grousepaw and Darkcloud pulled their weight and brought in a good haul." Dawnstar lowered her hindleg as she finished reporting. She was eager to return to her den, the hunting took a bit out of her and she needed to rest. As for Grousepaw, she still didn't trust him much if at all, but he wasn't a lazy slacker so she'd count that for something.

He seemed more calm after the hunt which made her wonder why. She hadn't done anything worth keeping one's guard up but neither had she done anything to put it down. She was too prickly to think too deeply right now. "Unless you need something I'm going to sleep." The plump feline dismissed herself, hissing and spitting at anyone who moved out of her way too slowly.
[ +1 rabbit, 1 squirrel, 1 frog, 1 crow ]

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old August 8th, 2024, 01:43 PM
underwhelming

@Mica @alec @Omari

fenneldrop followed after her patrolmates, depositing her catch on the pile (a frog, a curlew, and a shrew) and pausing by the enforcer, waiting likewise.
Old August 8th, 2024, 06:19 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

The walk was swift and uneventful, the bustle of camp soon returning to her senses as she breached the camp's entrance, eyes looking to ensure both siblings were still at her side before she moved to report to Mistlewhisker, head dipping briefly.
"Clear, the border. ...Herondive Hollow. No issues."
A monotonous voice sounded, vibrant eyes briefly moving over Quillpaw and Cinderpaw.

[ @Mica @Neptune. @furrensic ]

Old August 9th, 2024, 08:41 AM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkcloud
Shadowclan warrior
Purrks: Just a scratch and Shadow fiend(both inactive)

Giving Mistlewhisker the brief nod of respect, that was mandatory in Darkcloud's eyes when interacting with high ranks, she steered herself to the fresh kill pile. Placing her mouse and starlings with Grousepaw's before indifferently glancing back as Dawnstar reported. They'd brought back prey and now the clan would feast. Now the warrior was satisfied.

(+1 mouse, +2 starlings)

@Undertaker @redshiftreign @Mica

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old August 9th, 2024, 07:01 PM
rattling my kennel door

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

PATROLS ARE DUE AUGUST 24th
BY 11:59pm CENTRAL TIME

If you would like to be replaced please let me know no later than August 14th at 11:59pm Central Standard Time. You are more than welcome to ask for an extension up to three days after the patrol is due although it is not preferred, however, patrols that fail to report in/back or return with empty paws will be punished in character by Mossfreckle, Dawnstar, or an enforcer.

Please report in this thread to Mossfreckle [mention me @/elio] with the number of each herb gathered along with a link to the post in which you collected the herbs. Note that no cat should be realistically able to carry more than 5 herbs - if you have The Collecter purkk you will be able to carry 8 and second trips can be made to bring back more.

Unless stated by the patrol leader, everyone should report their own herbs and herbs reported by the patrol leader should still list which cat brought which herbs. [failing to return with herbs will result in IC punishment]

Gathering of herbs should be done through roleplay IC, hence the links to where the herbs were gathered. Furthermore, please include how many of each herb your cat gathered in your return post.

Please VM if you have any question or concerns, I don’t bite

(If your character is an apprentice and none of the warriors are showing up it is your responsibility to find a warrior to go with you and/or go and speak with Mossfreckle)

❀⊱ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ⊰❀

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The High Priestess ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

❦ White tipped paws thudded whisper soft against the hard packed, moist soils as the lanky herbalist leapt over the babbling rivulet that cascaded form deep below the earth tumbling down the rocky burrow wall from one of the cracked wedge like crevices that marred the medicine dens walls in perfect shelve like stackings. Soft and silken pelt brushed momentarily against a the shrouding of lichen as Mossfreckle slipped through the from the belly of the medicine cat’s den and through its mouth, mossy hues blinked once and twice against the harsh unfiltered sunlight to allow dilated pupils to contract to the somewhat brighter beams which spread no longer as a dappling over soft moss and glinting stream but as a golden, honeyed blanket over the tall pine forest that swayed gently in the summer breezes as birds flitted through the conifer canopies in unbridled joy just beyond and above the fortified camp of the forest’s resident shadows. Spotted tabby oriental dipped upwards to arch his back long and mountainous up toward the blue sky, feathery tail twitched to and fro idly as petite paws pressed with outstretched claws in resistance against the clearing earth, freckle nose moved to brush down a stray piece of fur before he stood and called forth this months herb patrols with practiced authoritative ease from the shade of the jutting and ancient cedar of the grim peak, ”Shadowclan gather at my paws,” a calm and controlled yowl, nothing more and nothing less.

❦ Turning to his apprentice whom had followed him out as second nature - Mossfreckle was not too sure on how the eclectically coloured tom truly saw him but he appreciated the slowly growing and unspoken respect that had taken root between the two medics - and with a soft smile of acknowledgment the oriental rested calm verdant orbs on fiery amber, ”Grouse { @redshiftreign } if you feel comfortable leading a patrol, I have no doubt you will be a good guide, I would like you to take Roachflare { @/alec }, Sagechaser { @narcisse }, and Quillpaw { @furrensic } out to gather Celandine and Lady’s Mantle. This being said, if something happens listen to Sagechaser or Roachflare as they are the warriors but as medicine cat apprentice I see no reason for you to not lead your own patrol,” a pause and a glance to his peripheral at the warrior and apprentice moving to meet Grousepaw where he stood, ”first things first, Celandine is an herb that promotes healing in damaged, irritated, and weakened eyes when one drops the sap in the affected eyes and is characterised by thin, four petaled, yellow flowers that stick up on thin stems with fluffy, ruffled leaves. Secondly, Lady’s Mantel is a bushy plant crowned at the bottom by cylindrical, ruffled leaves which fade to a large puff of small yellow flowers. Functionally, lady’s mantle is used for reducing pain from lost limbs and teeth when added to a poultice. In addition to this it can be eaten long term to aid in mending torn tissue,” with that he bumped his apprentices shoulder with playful affection, ”off ya go to evergreen grotto, I know you love it there,” he chirped before he turned to address the next set of felines whom would be sent off much quicker as they did not have a lesson portion of their own assignments.

lions, and tigers, and bears… OH MY!! Just kidding, but that sure is a mean squirrel.
[ optional plot: The perfect chance to test new knowledge and educate those around you! A pine cone falls and hits someone’s eye as a squirrel scurries up a tree… dont worry it’s not damaged… just a little scratch but it sure does hurt. A possible option to count as a grouse required healing. ]

“Mudslide { @Marigoldwhisper } you will be taking Magpiepaw { @/Marigoldwhisper } and Foxfury { @ophelia } along with you to Dawning Woods to gather for thyme and juniper,” a calm order as the Medicine cat stood to turn and take the gathering lot into the forefront of his vision, the herbs he was sending them to get were not the most important but they were of the lowest stocks and during the summer time months it was best to gather all one could before the forest and marshes grew spares with the influx of chilled and frostbitten plants that came along with the freezing breezes of leaf fall and leaf bare, ”Thyme is has a distinct sharp almost sweet smell and has a similar appearance to rosemary. It’s a tall stemmed almost bushy but very sparse plant with needle like leaves that jut evenly up the stems. As for juniper, you want to gather the berries. Juniper trees have a conifer type build and purplish blue berries,” he quite liked Mudslide so he was sure the patrol would run well enough, not much more he needed to say so with that he turned and moved on to the next patrol.

OUCH! Who put a rock in there?!?!
[ optional plot: Bite the juniper berries just a little too hard and the sweet tang becomes a crunch. Have your character learn there are pits in the berries the hard way. ]

❦ Mossy hues darted around camp to silently noting the next patrol within his starry mind before he called them forth, ”Rookfire, my dearest { @alec }, you will be heading to Shadowclan territory with Foggymask { @forest }, Darkleaf { @sleepyyjax }, and Pigeonpaw { @Luminous } search of marigolds, mushrooms, and cobwebs. As you all should know by now, cobwebs are silken threads and marigolds and fluffy orange buds with ruffled petals and deeply verdant leaves. As for mushrooms, they have thick ridged stems and are usually growing on rotting wood or in the moist shaded areas beneath underbrush or tress, topping the stem is a dommed cap,” a momentary pause to quickly lick Rookfire’s angular, dark grey cheek before a silent flick of his white tipped tail dismissed the four felines into the territory.

eek… Someone’s home
[ optional plot: Cobwebs are usually dormant and long since abandoned but lucky you… you found a nice plump spider. Maybe it’s friendly? ]

❦ Last but certainly not least was the most dire patrol, to top it all off, however, he was taking his two favourite arkkits… well, paws now… out for some time with their uncle and bird brother… shheee had adopted him far before Lostspark had so it made for some messy family lines… ”Birdpaw { @Mica } and Wispypaw { @Kix },” he chirped cheerily as he spotted the two apprentices, ”We are heading off to Mourning Ruins to gather Lovage and Rosemary[/U], both are pretty low so I need two of the best apprentices to help me out,” he stopped to lick the two young mollies between their ears as they showed up, ”Birdy Princess, not so little are you anymore, hm?” an authentic chuckle slipped form his maw as he nudged the apprentice teasingly, “you will be on lovage duty, it’s a tall bushy plant with three pointed leaves with top thick to slimming stems with a deep red at their base that faded to a vivid green as it goes up,” turning to eager but blind blue eyes the lanky herbalist continued his descriptive spiel, ”my little shadow, your noble task is to gather the sharp smelling Rosemary, its a slim but bushy plant that has needle like leaves that jut from medium stems that twist and curl to give the plant an erratic look,” she was getting bigger too and he quite missed being her little travel service, a professional badger ride service at its finest.

new memories and the good old times
[ optional plot: cute bonding because Moss doesn’t spend enough time with his favourite sisters/ nieces ]

[ these are a lot less thought out then usual and I apologise for the lack of super coordinated groupings, the half baked plots, and so on ]

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat
Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by elio; August 10th, 2024 at 02:05 PM.
Old August 9th, 2024, 08:29 PM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: every 3 days :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

ROOKFIRE
[ he/him | shadowclan enforcer | purrks ]
having followed mossfreckle and grousepaw as they silently exited the medicine den, the only real reason he was still there was to guard anyway, rookfire was kindly reminded why exactly he had always liked herb patrols and heavily preferred them over hunting or border to this day, especially when in earshot of a miniature herb lesson for grousepaw. whilst the enforcer had taken his place a few taillengths from the two herbalists, he was still close enough to hear every word loud and clear, celandine and ladys mantel, one new herb to add to his mental list, slotted neatly between blazing star, coltsfoot and broom because he organised for colour not name, who even did that. organise by name? ridiculous. anyway, celandine was the herb that he wouldve needed approximately 4 moons ago, to aid both his own and jayfrosts eye, perhaps he would be able to see out of both eyes if for celandine, perhaps not, though he wasnt really all too hung up on that. far more focussed on filing the uses, promotes healing of damaged, irritated and weakened (he assumed elder like 'weakened') eyes by dropping the sap into the affected eyes. thin, four petaled, yellow flowers on thin stems with ruffled, fluffy looking leaves. despite knowing ladys mantel and having gazed upon both a starry replica and the real thing, rookfire listened to mossfreckles description of ladys mantel all the same, it had been a while and refreshing his foggy mind on the use of a herb he had never used himself and thereby couldnt connect with experiences, sounds, smells and other impressions sounded pretty good. reducing pain from lost limbs and teeht when added to poultice, additionally, aiding in mending of torn tissue.
with grousepaw sent off to lead his own patrol (apperantly for the first time as well) mossfreckle moved on to mudslides patrol. thyme and juniper and a particular apprentice he knew a bit better than the other two cats, magpiepaw. rook briefly wondered if magpiepaw was the kind of cat to have a certain distain for herb patrols whilst mossfreckles lilting voice fed his mind with information on herbs he already knew; thyme and juniper berries.
his own patrol came next, thank the stars he was patrol lead, he didnt think he could survive another patrol being commanded by anyone else. the unexpected petname caught him off guard to the extend of almost missing the herbs he was supposed to gather; marigold, mushrooms and cobwebs. however, he caught himself enough, if only feeling a bit more warmed up (man the sun was really warm today), to take in the information on mushrooms. thick ridged stems growing on rotting wood and moist shaded areas, shaded areas, and with a domed cap to top it all off. and to top off this whole interaction, the herbalist closed in once more for unexpected...affection..and rookfire was both dumbfounded and suspicious.
finally mossfreckles own patrol gathering lovage and rosemary, lovage being another herb that piqued his interest and actively shook him out of the thoughts circling a simple interaction. lovage sadly only came with a description; tall bushy plant with three pointed leaves, thick to slim stems with a deep red base and vivid green top, but even just a destription was welcomed.

with all herbs firmly planted in rookfires short term memory, the tom finally moved towards the center of camp, expecting his patrol mates to approach him. foggymask [ @forest ] a cat he had briefly met before and didnt particularly like, darkleaf [ @sleepyyjax ] one that he did indeed like, and pigeonpaw [ @Luminous ] who he couldnt remember ever speaking to.

[ @elio for mossfreckle interaction ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Old August 9th, 2024, 08:39 PM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: every 3 days :3
My Mood: Yeehaw

->> roachflare <<-
[ he/him | shadowclan | 17moons | purrks ]
another patrol, sadly seperate from mudslide instead of on the same one, but he wouldnt give up before trying, especially having never interacted with shadowclans newest high rank addition, grousepaw, and also fenneldrop and quillpaw before. he wasnt the biggest fan of people he didnt knew, preferring to keep quiet and let them do the talking until he acclimatised. the tortoiseshell tom made his way closer to where mossfreckle was announcing the patrols and found a place towards the back to the group, trying to memorise the herbs he wanted them to gather. celandine and ladys mantel. not knowing either of the herbs, he was very glad that grousepaw would be the one leading this patrol and not himself. unclear instructions had always made him anxious, herb patrols were pretty much his worst nightmare without someone to hold his paw if need be, and official patrols where he had to actually bring in herbs if he didnt want to be punished..even worse.. at least the medicine cat knew what he was doing, probably, most likely. roachflare trusted that they wouldnt be sent on patrol unless knowing what they were to do.
"hey guys" the warrior greeted them quietly, attempting a smile that didnt quite reach his eyes and vanished as fast as it appeared.

[ @redshiftreign @narcissus @furrensic ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
ROOKFIRE

Old August 9th, 2024, 09:25 PM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Mudslide
She, Her\Warrior\16 moons\Shadowclan
"I miss the yellow. I miss the yellin' and the shake downs."

Lybirds Lullaby [ACTIVE] Mind Reader [ACTIVE]

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

- - -
Dawning Woods, huh? Now Mudslide had heard it all. Somecat else had to be naming these places. Regardless, Mudslide looked up from the prey she'd been nibbling on, chunks of meat dangling from her mouth. She licked up the scraps and swallowed, taking halfhearted steps toward the gathering place. Her paws were shaking. That wasn't new. But she still wondered why she was left to be the leader of a patrol once more. What had she possibly done to deserve this? Whatever it was, Mudslide had to do the exact opposite so that she wouldn't be put in charge of things like this. She didn't mind patrols, infact she quite liked the outing, but calling the shots for anything, heck even her own life, was particularly difficult for her. She just... She couldn't function under the familiar pressure and reliability. She tried to be that once, and she failed. Never again. Never.

Before she could blink, Mudslide was there, licking tirelessly at the raising fur on her neck. Maybe they wouldn't notice.... Whilst she groomed, she went over the herbs Mossfreckle had explained to them. They said that jumpier berries and time thyme were to be gathered, two very odd names. What was up with her and names recently? 'Doesn't matter. She then lifted her head and stood to her paws, scanning the area for her patrol mates. She found Roachflare instead, on a different patrol than her. Mudslide rested her gaze on him, offered the tortoiseshell the faintest smile she could muster, then turned her head back t---

Mudslide nearly leaped out of her skin, raising herself to her toes at the sight of a familiar face. I mean, a two toned cat was kinda hard to miss. Plus she was short. And loud. Goodness was she loud.

Magpiepaw
She, Her\Apprentice\11 moons\Shadowclan
"Why pick them when I can do it so much better?"

Purrks: Silvertonuge [ACTIVE] Kittysoftpaws [ACTIVE]

- - -
Okay. Herb patrol for the plant lovers! Haha! Welp, Magpiepaw certainly wasn't one to them. She couldn't wrap her head around herbs, it just wasn't something she wanted to nor needed to understand, which is why she figured she was rarely put on herb patrols. But this was different, of course. Also, "time" was a weird name for an herb. Magpiepaw was starting to second guess the medicine cats mentality. Like, how could he possibly mix that up? Maybe he was tired? Messed up in the head from having to sniff herbs all freaking day? Either option was pretty bad (and stupid funny), so Magpiepaw just shook her head in silent (VERY SILENT) confusion.

Seeing that the patrol leader was already here, AND NOT EVEN PAYING ATTENTION TO HERRRR, Magpiepaw made sure to make a grand entrance! "GREETINGS! FOR YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH MY PRESENCE!" She watched as the much taller cat slightly flinched infront of her and increased her height by a few inches from standing on her toes. First of all, NO. FAIR. Cats should seriously consider not being taller than her! First the trees, NOW THIS? UGHHHHHHHH. Maybe that Fox-whats-her-face would be more enjoyable, and less tall.

Tags:
@ophelia // Foxfury

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old August 9th, 2024, 10:58 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty | Kitty Softpaws

Hawkbite entered the camp, heading straight for Mistlewhisker at a steady pace. His paws even dragged a little lazily in the process. The patrol had been very uneventful and honestly, he was almost sad about it. The only exciting thing -- rather, annoying -- was the lack of the apprentice showing. "Nothing exciting at the border. No signs of RiverClan, their scent is barely noticeable. Duskpaw didn't bother showing up for the patrol, though."

With that, Hawkbite turned to head towards the Warriors' Den for a nap.

@gs29513 - Shrewstep | @Mica - Mistlewhisker

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old August 10th, 2024, 11:01 AM
floyd leech my beloved

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

QUILLPAW
he/him. 9 moons. dark grey tom; tabby markings; light grey markings, amber and blue eyes.
[ mind reader ]

another patrol, hm? normally, quillpaw tolerates – enjoys, even – patrols. this time, however, his expression is neutral save for the beginning of a slight frown - well concealed irritation. amber-blue eyes are dark with pure abhorrence, settled on grousepaw as he slinks towards the forming group to listen to mossfreckle speak. he doesn't even spare a glance to roachflare or fenneldrop, the two warriors failing to enter his mind.

what an unlucky day, truly. to be paired on a patrol with the mottled tom who he's sure isn't fully qualified to be in such a position. he even would, shockingly enough, prefer to be on a patrol with marshypaw despite the younger being so mouthy. forcing his loathful gaze away from grousepaw, it lands on mossfreckle – hate melting away just momentarily, he really has no problem with the medicine cat – as they give the descriptions of the herbs.

still, his mood is impossibly sour now. so when mossfreckle leaves and roachflare speaks up, he simply regards the tom with a glare.

[ @alec @redshiftreign @narcissus ]

artfight | characters | rp tracker/finder

bump after 96 hours / 4 days