Last post by bubble[error].
Today 07:05 PM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by TheRedWyvern
Today 06:55 PM

Old August 30th, 2023, 09:46 PM
just feel the rock

Bump Policy: don't bump, please understand!!
My Mood: Paranoid

Default Re: Windy Hills

Asterblink
A tall non-binary cat with vitiligo and green/blue heterochromia

▲▼▲
Asterblink's eyebrows unfurrowed a bit. Ah, so Leopardpaw did like Windy Hills! There was no reason to fret about substitutes and all of that. Now, all they had to do was test Leopardpaw with his hunting, navigating unfamiliar territory, and when they could, fighting. If Leopardpaw did well with at least 2 oh the things listed, then, well, he very well just might be a warrior! But then, Asterblink's worries came right back. What if he didn't do well with any? What if he flunked every single section? He might never become a warrior at that rate.

Asterblink took a deep breath. No. Calm down. He'll do well. Leopardpaw had recieved exceptional training from a few other warriors, including Asterblink, themself. Leopardpaw will do well.

Asterblink perked their ears as they heard a scuffling sound. Perhaps they should test Leopardpaw on hunting first?

"Leopardpaw," they started, "I want to see how your hunting is going. I heard that you're doing well on it. I want you to hunt that rabbit you see over there."

Asterblink then stood back. They had to keep alert. If a hawk came bolting down on Leopardpaw at full speed, he would've stood no chance. But.. how was Leopardpaw's defense training going? Was another warrior helping him? Perhaps so.

Asterblink shook their head. Focus on the task at hand. Watch Leopardpaw.

@absles (long post gang!!!)

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd

Old August 31st, 2023, 10:33 PM

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Confused

Leopardpaw

Leopardpaw’s fur bristled as the breeze pulled his coat backwards. The green hills before the pair waved with the wind. His instinct told him to run and stretch his long legs carelessly, but he was given the task of attempting his freshly learned hunting skills.

Nodding in response to Asterblink, Leopardpaw looked away from his mentor and opened his mouth. I can definitely taste rabbit, but I can also taste a small bird…. Which do I try? The bird was nearest, and he still hadn’t hunted a rabbit before. “I’m going to try for a bird that’s nearby… although I’d like it if you could help teach me how to hunt rabbits with others too, I smell one nearby.” Leopardpaw whispered to Asterblink before setting off towards the bird he could smell.

Keeping his paw steps light, the thin black and white Tom didn’t run into any issues keeping light on his feet. The grass that came up to his knees helped hide his black and white coat in the open hills. Leopardpaw slowed as he got closer, and ducked into his hunter’s crouch. The bird was maybe 10 pawsteps ahead. Sinking his weight into his paws as his haunches came underneath him a step, Leopardpaw balanced using his tail hovering just above the grass. Focusing on keeping his muscles bunched, he started to crawl forwards, taking slow and controlled steps forward. The bird was happily pecking amongst the thick grass, unknowing to Leopardpaw. Bird scent flooded his partially agape jaw. With a fast three step movement that lead into a leap, Leopardpaw flew through the air with his white paws outstretched. His claws collided with the bird in a flurry of wings and fur and feathers. With a bite to the back of the neck, Leopardpaw sat up with the small bird in his teeth.

Looking back at Asterblink, Leopardpaw purred with pride, his tail sticking straight up.

@RunningInTheHeather

Leopardpaw

Bump after 48 hours

Old September 1st, 2023, 03:23 PM
just feel the rock

Bump Policy: don't bump, please understand!!
My Mood: Paranoid

Asterblink
A tall non-binary cat with vitiligo and green/blue heterochromia

▲▼▲
"Good work, Leopardpaw!" Asterblink complimented as Leopardpaw looked back at them. He would make a really good hunter later on as a warrior, especially for catching birds in Windy Hills. Birds always flew off if they even heard a rustle of your fur in the wind, so it was quite impossible to catch birds in the windy weather. But Leopardpaw? Asterblink didn't recall themself or anyone else teaching Leopardpaw how to hunt birds, so, if Leopardpaw taught himself to catch birds, then, he's quite the good hunter! He- oh. There's a rabbit? More prey for the patrol, then! Leopardpaw also seemed to be great with sensing things, too.

Asterblink crouched down, and started to head in the direction of where the rabbit was. Then, without warning, they blasted off towards it, leaping onto the rabbit before it could even process what was going on. Asterblink then bit its neck. They turned back to Leopardpaw, and dropped the rabbit. Would Leopardpaw be able to do that? Asterblink never used the crouch-then-leap hunting method on rabbits, especially ones in Windy Hills. The rabbits were always too fast for them as an apprentice, so they always had to run and catch the rabbits before they could hop into a bush. Asterblink sighed, and shook their head. What was the point of being a mentor if you couldn't pass down a skill you had? They had to teach the skill to Leopardpaw.

Asterblink shook their head. They had to rid themself of all negative thoughts in their head. What they were thinking could affect Leopardpaw's training, so--deep breath. Okay. Asterblink looked up at the sky, and- oh! It was already turning dark? Asterblink didn't even get to teach Leopardpaw any fighting techniques! Oh well. They both would have to train in camp.

Asterblink turned to Leopardpaw. "We need to get back to camp. It's getting dark, and it's quite dangerous for an apprentice to be out when it turns dark. We can practice fighting techniques in camp." Asterblink then flicked their tail, and started to pad in the direction of camp. Oh, they should of gone earlier, then maybe they wouldn't have to train in camp. But, it is what it is, and you cannot change what happens.

@absles

(hhey okay so sorry for ending the patrol early, but the patrol is due tomorrow and I don't want Asterblink nor Leopardpaw to get punished ;-; I'm going to go ahead and report to Fallownose and you can have Leopardpaw drop the rabbit and bird at the freshkill pile, and then Asterblink can start teaching fighting techniques!!)

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd

Old September 1st, 2023, 09:27 PM

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Confused

Leopardpaw

Leopardpaw set down his bird. “Thank you, Asterblink! Longmoor taught me how to do the crouch, she really helped me out with that move.” Asterblink suddenly took off after a rabbit that appeared. Leopardpaw watched in awe. I want to be able to hunt rabbits like that!” He had only been able to catch a bird… with his long legs he should also be catching some rabbits!

The black and white tom gazed at the horizon after Asterblink’s instructions to head home. The sun was setting over the hills, lighting up the summer sky in a blazing orange that reminded him all too much of the fire… when these hills had been nothing but charred. Blinking away the thought, he turned and picked up his bird. With a nod to Asterblink, Leopardpaw took off back to camp.

@RunningInTheHeather (no worries!!)

Leopardpaw

Bump after 48 hours

Old October 9th, 2023, 11:08 AM

Bump Policy: Every 30 minutes at the most!
My Mood: Mysterious

Summerberry strolled around and layed down, the wind rustling her fur. @pumpkinbubble.
Old October 9th, 2023, 11:09 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolated_Evelyn View Post
Summerberry strolled around and layed down, the wind rustling her fur. @pumpkinbubble.
*Tigermist sat nearby, licking her fur*

[ shadowkit ]

◺--------------◿
Old October 9th, 2023, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinbubble. View Post

*Tigermist sat nearby, licking her fur*
Summerberry walked over toward's Tigermist,
Quote:
Hello, how are you Tigermist?
Old October 9th, 2023, 11:18 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolated_Evelyn View Post
Summerberry walked over toward's Tigermist,
(Sorry for short posts)

*Tigermist lifted her head and smiled*

[ shadowkit ]

◺--------------◿
Old October 9th, 2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinbubble. View Post

(Sorry for short posts)

*Tigermist lifted her head and smiled*
(sokay)

Summer smiled shyly
Quote:
W-what are y-you doing Tiger?
Old October 9th, 2023, 11:23 AM
error in the code