Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

Goldenfox
WindClan
24 Moons
She/Her

[Pale golden and cream colored she-cat with bright blue eyes]

The cold awful. The mushy ground was awful. The annoyance as each squishy pawstep caked mud between her toes. Really awful.

But not much of that mattered to Goldenfox in the long run. Her eyes were focused on the reeds a few pawsteps from the border, rustling with movement. She found herself dropping into a crouch, not pausing to check if the trajectory would land her in enemy territory or not.

She pounced and landed square in a puddle of muck and ice water, chilling her down to the bone. But she had caught something! And upon closer inspection, was a loose branch. It had rustled the reeds in a light breeze, and snapped under her weight.

Now cold, wet, and filthy, Goldenfox smacked the branch in frustration, a snarl accompanying it before she hauled herself free of the puddle and back onto a drier bit of soil. She sat down with a huff and flicked her paws to dispel the muck, scowling deeply as she did. What a lucky catch. What did she catch? Probably a cold.

@Lewolfers
Old January 17th, 2024, 05:38 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!!!
My Mood: Cringy

Pearlpelt snuck around spying on some other cats and then sighed. She wasn't happy to be spying, but she had to earn recognition from the thunderclan cats.
Old January 17th, 2024, 06:36 PM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

NightWolf was out hunting and as he sniffed the air for prey he saw something that bewildered him, he saw a familiar golden figure pounce onto a stick that was swaying in the wind, his lips curled as he purred and then he laughed.

"I can see your clan swelling with pride as you return with such a plump freshkill, the hunting skills of windclan is a force to be reckoned with," he says
@Tiabirb

Last edited by Lewolfers; January 17th, 2024 at 09:10 PM.
Old January 17th, 2024, 09:19 PM
Why bother?

Goldenfox

Her head whipped around to see a lump of shadows with fur. Her lip curled back as the scent of ShadowClan stench overwhelmed her nose. "Back of web-foot," She spat crossly, "I'm not on your stinking side of the border."

But then she paused, eyeing one of the scent-marked trees...on the wrong side of her.

"Hmph."
She huffed and rose to her paws, lashing her thick tail as she stalked back to her side, scowling deeper as mud re-entered the space between her toes.
"If it wasn't for that branch, I wouldn't have ended up on your side." She stated as if that was simply the fact. She had no intention of being marked as a trespasser, accidental or not, nor was she looking to scrap with some ShadowClanner..what with the uneasy 'peace' going on...

"Like you could do any better." She said, flicked mud from her paw right onto the tip of his, or at least close to. Her aim wasn't too shabby.

@Lewolfers
Old January 17th, 2024, 09:28 PM

"Oh? Watch and learn twig hunter," he says as he sniffs the air and smells a water vole nearby, he pauses and listens, his body perfectly still until he hears a small rustle, he then suddenly pounces and lands in a clump of wet grass, there is a sudden squealing that is then cut short

He steps out with a smug look in his eyes and in his mouth a plump water vole hung limply.

"You know, when you chased me out of your territory all those moons ago I often wondered why you let me escape into another clans territory, but now, I think its because your just bad at hunting," he says with a smirk and his tail twitching in amusement

@Tiabirb
Old January 18th, 2024, 09:04 AM
Why bother?

Goldenfox
24 Moons
She/Her

A roll of her eyes was her response to his attempt at besting her. Well, he did catch whatever he was tracking. She eyed the vole with a curl of her lip, but the mention of chasing him out confused her. But then he insulted her hunting.

She sprang to her paws and hissed, "You got lucky because I had flushed it out! And if you think I am bad at hunting, then you have no idea how good I am at fighting." Goldenfox stalked right up to the border and thrust her face into his, "I chased you off, did I? Now I remember the puny scrap of fur, hardly more than a mouthful. Are you still a sniveling coward, huh, kittypet? Or should I give you a solid reminder and wipe that smug look off of your face a second time?"

Her claws unsheathed, the fur along her spine bristling. Ears were pinning back and lips were curling over long teeth.
"What's it gonna be, kittypet," She sneered, remembering the heavy scent of Twolegs and softness that had radiated from the kit all those moons ago.

@Lewolfers
Old January 18th, 2024, 10:59 AM

"You talk big for someone who specifically hunts sticks," he says dropping his fresh kill

He curls his lips exposing his teeth and gives a lowl growl

"For your information I have never lived a kittypet life, but I suppose you must have felt strong and noble to be an apprentice and chasing out a kit who wasnt even old enough to be considered for apprenticeship, my your clan must be so proud to have such a fearless warrior," he says, his large claws unsheathing and his fur bristling

"Please, come here and remind me of the amazing strength it takes to chase off a kit," he says ready for her attack
@Tiabirb

Last edited by Lewolfers; January 18th, 2024 at 11:00 AM.
Old January 18th, 2024, 03:50 PM
Why bother?

Goldenfox
24 Moons
She/Her

Her hackles raised, "Defending my territory from dirty rogues like you is the definition of what it means to be a warrior!" Goldenfox snapped, "Doesn't matter how old the trespasser is. You're just lucky I thought your fur smelled so bad that I wasn't keen on lining my nest with it." She sniffed and took a step back, though she was still bristling.

"Strength has nothing to do with it." She snorted, "You're a coward. Then and now. Trying to goad me into a fight won't work; Take your vole and get lost." She turned and scraped dirt in his direction, as if covering her own dirt, in this case, him. With her tail and chin high, Goldenfox began to stalk off, dark blue eyes narrowed in silent fury.

@Lewolfers
Old January 18th, 2024, 05:10 PM
Wally darling's #1 fan

Bump Policy: Anytime! though i might be slow to Respond
My Mood: Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorLover12 View Post
Pearlpelt snuck around spying on some other cats and then sighed. She wasn't happy to be spying, but she had to earn recognition from the thunderclan cats.

ThunderHeart pushed his pelt to LillySong's, she blushed So why are we here Thunderheart? she asked

To hunt..? he answered Looking confused

Old January 18th, 2024, 05:13 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!!!
My Mood: Cringy

~~~Pearlpelt~~~

Pearlpelt giggled at her sister's akwardness.

@Red_Fang