Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 12:12 PM

Old January 2nd, 2024, 02:40 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Default Re: Thunderglade

Vixenstare

Vixenstare chuckled when Hawkfur rolled his eyes, her tail flicking against a withered bush slightly. With no sign of Thunderclan, Vixenstare felt her frown return to her face. Nodding at her denmate's words, she let out a small annoyed grow at the fact Thunderclan can't patrol their own borders.

[ @Micanomancy - Hawkfur ] (Worked this time!)

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn
Old January 2nd, 2024, 02:51 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
Windclan
he/him | 46 moons
[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes and a white chest muzzle and paws]
---------------
[Vixenstare - @ChaosBringer. ]
---------------
Hawkfur sighed heavily once more, at the end of the ThunderClan and WindClan border. "Let's head back, maybe we'll encounter a patrol then. If we don't, this might be good information to share with Twilightstar and Fallownose." He began heading back, taking extra care to ensure they did not miss a marker, and striking up companionable conversation with Vixenstare along the way.

[Excellent!! I figure we can just wrap this up in Vixenstare's next post, then report back to Fallownose that there was no sign of TC marking!]

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old January 2nd, 2024, 05:27 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Vixenstare

Vixenstare stood at the end of the Thunderclan and Windclan border, her tail whisking side to side. "Alright." She answered, following the tom. Could we use this to attack Thunderclan? With Vixenstare's tail lashing slowly, she continued on with the conversation with Hawkfur.

[Got it!]

[ @Micanomancy - Hawkfur ]

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn
Old January 2nd, 2024, 06:46 PM
i did need you.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
✰ azaleadrizzle ✰
╭─────╮
she/they ✰ wc ✰ 43 moons ✰ tags ; @ChaosBringer. , @Micanomancy
╰─────╯
₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ .

!! this character often deals with themes of abuse, depression, and sensory disorders . interact with caution !!
trigger warnings for this post: none
' oh no oh no oh no ' azalea trailed on as she sped towards the two cats. ' oh goodness, i'm so sorry! ' they yelped, skidding to a stop in front of them.

cobwebpaw ☆ foxprick
trackers
Old January 2nd, 2024, 08:21 PM
The Ping You Dread

Hawkfur
Windclan
he/him | 46 moons
---------------
[Vixenstare - @ChaosBringer. ] [Azaleadrizzle - @finley.exe ]
---------------
Hawkfur hadn't been expecting Azaleadrizzle, so needless to say he saw a cat sprinting headlong towards them along the border and he immediately assume the worst. But then he saw the she-cat clearly, and his hackles lowered. When she began spouting apologies, the tom held his tail up for silence. "You didn't miss anything. Just next time, try to be on time." He offered her a smile that wasn't unkind, and began walking back the way she came. "We were just heading back. You're free to check if we missed any markers." He wanted Azaleadrizzle to be able to participate in the patrol, even if she was late.

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old January 2nd, 2024, 08:38 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micanomancy View Post
Hawkfur
Windclan
he/him | 46 moons
---------------
[Vixenstare - @ChaosBringer. ]
---------------
Hawkfur rolled his eyes at the notion. They had reached the final marker, and still no sign of ThunderClan. "I wouldn't be surprised," he sniffed. "I try not to judge cats, but border maintenance is something that cannot be looked over."

[That is so weird?? I retyped it out just in case it was bugging because it was a copy and paste.]
Softdust
Female-She/Her
Softdust sighed as she followed behind the other two cats. "Well…I mean, none of the clans are really bad, right?" In her mind, she wondered about Quiver.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him may not perish, but have eternal life.-John 3:16
Softdust-Kitty Softpaws-ACTIVE | Shadowlight-Lyrebird's Lullaby-ACTIVE, Not Skiddin' Around-ACTIVE | Icetail-Shadow Fiend-ACTIVE
Old January 3rd, 2024, 11:06 AM
Loyal Rat Follower

Vixenstare

Vixenstare snapped her head around to the noise, her fur bristling. Hissing, she stopped abruptly as she saw Azaleadrizzle and Softdust. "Softdust, when did you get here?" She asked with annoyance, glaring slightly at Azaleadrizzle for being very, very late. "And where were you, Azaleadrizzle?" Vixenstare hissed, her tail lashing.

[ @Supersabre -Softdust ] [ @Micanomancy -Hawkfur ] [ @finley.exe -Softdust]

Pronouns page
A New Dawn
Old January 3rd, 2024, 01:03 PM
i did need you.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
✰ azaleadrizzle ✰
╭─────╮
she/they ✰ wc ✰ 43 moons ✰ tags ; @ChaosBringer.
╰─────╯
₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ .

!! this character often deals with themes of abuse, depression, and sensory disorders . interact with caution !!
trigger warnings for this post: none
azalea's fur prickled. ' if you must know, i was helping the elders with new moss. ' she fought the urge to flatten her ears and hiss back at the angry cat, but her tail lashed as a teller of the normally kind cat's anger. she did not like being talked to like this.

cobwebpaw ☆ foxprick
trackers
Old January 3rd, 2024, 07:26 PM
The Ping You Dread

Hawkfur
Windclan
he/him | 46 moons
---------------
[Vixenstare - @ChaosBringer. ] [Azaleadrizzle - @finley.exe ] [Softdust - @Supersabre ]
---------------
Hawkfur jumped when Softdust spoke, surprise evident in his open jaw. What? How? When...? It seemed as though Vixenstare was on the case, however, and he watched as the molly interrogated both of the previously missing members of their patrol. After Azaleadrizzle explained her tardiness, the red tom cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "Well, Softdust, Azaleadrizzle, we're just glad you could make it." He offered everyone a kind but stern stare, letting them know that fighting would not be tolerated for the rest of the patrol. He did understand Vixenstare's frustration, though. "We were just heading back."

---
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!

Last edited by Mica; January 3rd, 2024 at 07:27 PM.
Old January 4th, 2024, 12:09 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micanomancy View Post
Hawkfur [he/him, warrior, 45 moons]
[Deep russet tuxedo tabby with blue eyes]
---------------
[Bravebird - @tallulah ] [Silverpaw - @Estelle ]
---------------
Hawkfur was hoping that today's patrol would be simple. Running from camp all the way to the Thunderglade had stressed his healing lungs, and he had to work extra hard to hide the wheezing that was likely to occur. He didn't want the apprentice at his side to think him an old codger ready for the elder's den. He wasn't even half the age of some warriors! The Thunderglade was dangerous, especially with tensions so high between the clans. Hawkfur was eternally grateful to Bravevbird for volunteering to go with him and Silverpaw, so they could keep Twilightstar's order of at least two warriors per patrol there.

Scenting the border markers had him a little concerned. Something felt off. He signaled for Bravebird and Silverpaw to remain close, following the off-scents closer to the border. There was no way Thunderclan had breached the border, was there? He cast an anxious glance at Bravebird, knowing the warrior's recent history with ThunderClan. He didn't want her flying off the handle, even though he trusted her perhaps more than any other WindClan warrior. He kept walking along the border until the scent lead to a patch of shrubs a ways from the border.

A growl immediately ripped from his throat when he scented the unmistakable pine and mossy scent of ThunderClan. It didn't take him long to spot the dried trail of blood leading directly from the border all the way to the scene as well. "ThunderClan." He snarled. "Looks like they dragged prey over the border." He peered at the rat carcass, nose wrinkling from the carrion-scent. "I don't understand. Why would ThunderClan eat a rat on WindClan territory that they caught on ThunderClan territory? Usually it's the other way around." He looked at Bravebird, wondering if she had any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

As usual this had meant to be a simple and quick patrol - a small refresher of the border for her, all the while ensuring WindClan's safety. And of course, quite to her surprise, Bravebird had been willing enough to accompany them so they may heed the WindClan leader's orders... Orders she admittedly hadn't thought of before, but it mattered little now that they were not breaking any rules. Her leg mostly healed though still stiff, she did her best to keep up with the patrol to the border. Until... Well, this wasn't as simple a patrol as it seemed.

She slowed down and sniffed the air, nose scrunching. Hawkfur seemed to have caught it too... Something off, something not normal, something dead and ThunderClan. She didn't bother hiding the hint of apprehension as she trailed behind the warrior, following the scent that hung in the air until the scene of the crime: a clear blood trail, belonging to a piece of prey, leading into WindClan territory... Judging by the scent, belonging to some foolish ThunderClanner wanting to challenge the borders. She held back a sneer.

To make matters worse, it seemed Hawkfur had yet to realise everyone was the same age here. Silverpaw most definitely noticed him addressing Bravebird and Bravebird only (at least, in her mind), which would've earned him a roll of her eyes had the situation not been this concerning. Rather than acting like a petty child, she decided to ignore the seeming preference, stepping forth and spoke up. ...All things considered she had to applaud Hawkfur for being able to recognise this was a rat - she certainly wouldn't have been able to guess from appearance only.
"This is strange, to be sure. It could be some ThunderClanner trying to challenge us, or something else... A trick, perhaps. Either way, we ought to report this to Twilightstar as soon as we return."
She paused only to take a look around and sniff the air.
"Perhaps there's something here that may indicate the intention behind this."

[ @Micanomancy @tallulah ]

Bravebird
She/her | 42 moons | Beefed Up T3 • One with the Warren
Never one to turn down a sprint from camp all the way to the border, Bravebird relished the time spent with the wind in her fur as she raced along the moors with Hawkfur and Silverpaw. The former she had gotten to know quite well and the later... there was something about her that poked her mind, something she couldn't quite recall. The apprentice was nearly the same age as she was, wasn't she? Or maybe she was misremembering. Either way she felt in good company to check to recently moved Thunderglade.

But as soon as the trio neared the border, the smell in the air became evident of something being amiss. Parted jaws drew in the musky scent of ThunderClan and immediately the fur along Brave's back began to rise, claws sliding out in preparation. She felt eyes on her - likely from Hawkfur - but ignored them in favor of peering at the source of the main rotting smell; a dead and flayed rat. Did those squirrels dare try to hunt across the border - and then leave it here as - as what? A twisted show of strength??

"It's clearly been done with the intent to challenge the recently pushed back border," Bravebird growled as she stalked around the scene to look for any other clues (or to catch whoever had done this in the act). "I swear, when I get my claws in their fur..." The last part was mumbled mainly to herself as she envisioned being able to tear the fur from whatever ThunderClanner had done this. Spiderthroat was the first name that came to mind.

Lifting her head as she placed her paws on the edge of the border, Brave stared out into the trees that concealed ThunderClan, her posture tall and rigid. Ohhh, how she wished they'd dare show their faces here, so she could turn them into the second rat to die at the border. There was nothing though, and even the scent of other cats was stale - even that of ThunderClan. Whatever squirrel had done this was good at covering their tracks, that was for sure.

"ThunderClan scent is stale along the border - they likely haven't been out to check them in quite some time. So whoever did this thought far enough ahead to mask their scent." Trotting back over to her patrol mates, she eyed the torn up prey with disgust. "We should bury that before it starts to attract predators." ...A smirk. "Or feel free to toss it back into ThunderClan territory and they can have another go at it with some coyotes." A snorted chuckle followed the quip as she looked between Hawkfur and Silverpaw.

[ I PROFUSELY APOLOGIZE THAT I FORGOT ABOUT THIS KJSFHDS ITS ON MY TRACKER NOW ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |