Old April 25th, 2023, 03:56 AM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio View Post

FERRETSNAP
fluffy brown and white tom with amber eyes.
he/him

Leading his patrol to the border, Ferretsnap kept his head held high in the case of a patrol meeting them. His nose scrunched as the scent of Windclan became stronger the the closer they got. Once he arrived, he turned around and looked toward his patrol members.

"Let's get this over with. Keep watch for any sign of WindClan, the scent seems stronger than usual and I don't like it."
@Larrisa
Troutstone nodded and began marking the border. Minus the stronger-than-normal scent of the rabbit chasers, there wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old April 28th, 2023, 01:14 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

It had been a while since he last went on a herb patrol, and with no specifics of what they had to find, Gingerfrost felt just a little lost. Sure, he might recognise some things he'd gathered before, but he could never be certain. Still, the tabby generally didn't mind these types of patrols - he found them more challenging, to be sure, but they had something... Calm about them, which he enjoyed. So after gesturing for Dustdream to follow, he went down the familiar route to Sedgewater Valley, taking a brief detour to quickly mark the border as well. Just a few seconds. He then turned to Dustdream, head slightly tilted to briefly consult with the warrior.
"Think anything might be useful.. You go this way, I go that - ?"

[ @comet15 ]

Old April 28th, 2023, 12:11 PM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

It had been a while since he last went on a herb patrol, and with no specifics of what they had to find, Gingerfrost felt just a little lost. Sure, he might recognise some things he'd gathered before, but he could never be certain. Still, the tabby generally didn't mind these types of patrols - he found them more challenging, to be sure, but they had something... Calm about them, which he enjoyed. So after gesturing for Dustdream to follow, he went down the familiar route to Sedgewater Valley, taking a brief detour to quickly mark the border as well. Just a few seconds. He then turned to Dustdream, head slightly tilted to briefly consult with the warrior.
"Think anything might be useful.. You go this way, I go that - ?"

[ @comet15 ]

Duststream nodded. "I know what marigold and thyme leaves look like." He said. "I could maybe find one of those around here." He offered.

(i'll have him spot the geese if you want, like the prompt said.)
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old April 28th, 2023, 06:09 PM
lurking

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

FERRETSNAP
he/him

Mm, it appeared as though Minnowpaw was lagging behind. He didn't particularly care, though. As long as the apprentice showed up eventually, it'd be fine. Ferretsnap didn't want to waste his energy on such things. Unless Minnowpaw had gotten into some danger while lagging behind, he wouldn't pay any mind to it.

Tail flicking, he approached the border and began to mark it. Other than the excessive scent of WindClan, nothing was out of the ordinary. Good. This would go quickly, then. An efficient and successful patrol was the best patrol to complete, in his mind.

Once he finished marking, Ferretsnap stepped back and nodded to his patrol members. "Let's wait a moment before leaving. Allow Minnowpaw to mark the border while I keep watch for anything suspicious. I don't trust how strong this WindClan scent is," he ordered.

star dog.

ameko ♥
Old April 29th, 2023, 06:08 AM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Quote:

FERRETSNAP
he/him

Mm, it appeared as though Minnowpaw was lagging behind. He didn't particularly care, though. As long as the apprentice showed up eventually, it'd be fine. Ferretsnap didn't want to waste his energy on such things. Unless Minnowpaw had gotten into some danger while lagging behind, he wouldn't pay any mind to it.

Tail flicking, he approached the border and began to mark it. Other than the excessive scent of WindClan, nothing was out of the ordinary. Good. This would go quickly, then. An efficient and successful patrol was the best patrol to complete, in his mind.

Once he finished marking, Ferretsnap stepped back and nodded to his patrol members. "Let's wait a moment before leaving. Allow Minnowpaw to mark the border while I keep watch for anything suspicious. I don't trust how strong this WindClan scent is," he ordered.
@Solar
Troutstone nodded to the warrior as he finished the last section of his assigned border. He cast a glance to the place Minnowpaw should be coming from, then padded over to wait near Ferretsnap.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old April 29th, 2023, 07:03 AM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet15 View Post

Duststream nodded. "I know what marigold and thyme leaves look like." He said. "I could maybe find one of those around here." He offered.

(i'll have him spot the geese if you want, like the prompt said.)

Gingerfrost gave a curt nod, though one of understanding and slight relief. He himself had gathered cobwebs and feverfew a few moons ago, certainly he might remember what it looked like? Something about bushy flowers, and a tangy smell, is what he could recall on the spot. Ah well, he'll know it when he sees it. With a last nod to the warrior (indicating which direction he was heading), Gingerfrost began looking for cobwebs and the tangy flower -- the only things he could potentially recognise. Luckily, with Duststream's knowledge, that became a slightly large repertoire. The reason he didn't tell the other warrior about what he knew though, is because he couldn't clearly remember the name.

Old April 29th, 2023, 08:47 AM
kinda jus lurking

Quote:

Gingerfrost gave a curt nod, though one of understanding and slight relief. He himself had gathered cobwebs and feverfew a few moons ago, certainly he might remember what it looked like? Something about bushy flowers, and a tangy smell, is what he could recall on the spot. Ah well, he'll know it when he sees it. With a last nod to the warrior (indicating which direction he was heading), Gingerfrost began looking for cobwebs and the tangy flower -- the only things he could potentially recognise. Luckily, with Duststream's knowledge, that became a slightly large repertoire. The reason he didn't tell the other warrior about what he knew though, is because he couldn't clearly remember the name.

On his search for marigold and thyme Duststream heard a goose call. At first he wasn’t alarmed but then there was more and more calls and next thing he knew a flock of them came running past him, honking. His fur bushed out and he froze in place, waiting for them to pass, and then continued on to gather herbs, though he was spooked.

He found a bundle of both the leaves he knew and headed back towards Gingerfrost, fur still ruffled and his eyes still mildly alarmed
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
~~~~~

Old April 29th, 2023, 10:51 AM
Still staring nervously

Once upon a time there was a goose. And the goose went QUACK and the cat went MEOW because the cat wasn't too fond of the goose. Anyway, before that, the cat was looking for cobwebs and feverfew. Because, let's be honest, that's all the cat might recognise. Now, the cobwebs were fairly quickly found. Not having found any sticks yet, the feline carefully wrapped the stinky yet delicate cobweb around his tail, like he once saw one of his adoptive siblings do. Looking further around, he found a little bush, with little flowers that had a tangy smell -- one that looked oddly familiar. So in doubt, he picked two parts of the bush up... Until he heard something. His ears perked. His eyes widened. The two plants dropped to the ground and Gingerfrost's breath caught. Geese!!

The animals, headed straight for him, were quite the sight. The tabby wasn't often frightened but in the moment, with cobwebs around his tail, he didn't quite feel like scarring of two angry geese. Swiftly he picked up the two plants he'd dropped, expecting (and hoping) the geese would pass by him like they did Duststream. But with a pounding heart he realised that wasn't the case at all. They were, at barely a fox length, still straight in his path and before he knew it Gingerfrost began running, and running, and running. This was supposed to be a calm patrol, arg! Gingerfrost cursed.
"Duststream!"
He mumble-called, geese snapping at his tail that eluded them by barely a hair's length. What an embarrassing sight, but the geese were almost twice his size!

[ @comet15 ]

Old April 29th, 2023, 02:23 PM
kinda jus lurking

Quote:

Once upon a time there was a goose. And the goose went QUACK and the cat went MEOW because the cat wasn't too fond of the goose. Anyway, before that, the cat was looking for cobwebs and feverfew. Because, let's be honest, that's all the cat might recognise. Now, the cobwebs were fairly quickly found. Not having found any sticks yet, the feline carefully wrapped the stinky yet delicate cobweb around his tail, like he once saw one of his adoptive siblings do. Looking further around, he found a little bush, with little flowers that had a tangy smell -- one that looked oddly familiar. So in doubt, he picked two parts of the bush up... Until he heard something. His ears perked. His eyes widened. The two plants dropped to the ground and Gingerfrost's breath caught. Geese!!

The animals, headed straight for him, were quite the sight. The tabby wasn't often frightened but in the moment, with cobwebs around his tail, he didn't quite feel like scarring of two angry geese. Swiftly he picked up the two plants he'd dropped, expecting (and hoping) the geese would pass by him like they did Duststream. But with a pounding heart he realised that wasn't the case at all. They were, at barely a fox length, still straight in his path and before he knew it Gingerfrost began running, and running, and running. This was supposed to be a calm patrol, arg! Gingerfrost cursed.
"Duststream!"
He mumble-called, geese snapping at his tail that eluded them by barely a hair's length. What an embarrassing sight, but the geese were almost twice his size!

[ @comet15 ]

Duststream heard the deputies call and dropped his herb bundles. He hadn't realized the geese were going away from him but towards GIngerfrost. He hared towards them, growling and yowling loudly to try and scare them off. His fur was bushed out fully and his eyes looked wild. He had an immense fear of geese but he wouldn't let Gingerfrost get hurt.
~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Old April 30th, 2023, 09:13 AM
fangs into flesh ♛

Status: if you want all the power, you must carry all the blame.
Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:

FERRETSNAP
he/him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LeafRabbit~ View Post
@Solar
Troutstone nodded to the warrior as he finished the last section of his assigned border. He cast a glance to the place Minnowpaw should be coming from, then padded over to wait near Ferretsnap.

MINNOWPAW
They/He/It | Post Count: 8

The learner followed behind the pair, although along the way he had somehow been lagging behind. Catching up with the Sentinels that roamed the land ahead of it. “I’m sorry! I got tripped up on something, also…how do you mark a border? Duststream and I haven’t touched on that part of training yet…so could I get demonstration? I didn’t see how you did it….” they mewed lowly. Nose flooded with the powerful scent of the Wind Settlement, stars above. Was their scent this strong normally or was their nose playing tricks on them? There was zero reason for the scent to be this intense.
The learner that if he didn’t take shallower breaths then he would get overwhelmed by it. Was his nose always this sensitive?! It felt like he could track the Residents of the Wind all the way to their settlement and back by just the smell. Yucky. But at least they had their stress stick to chew on to distract himself from the overpowering smell of now the Cats of the River and Residents of the Wind.

❯ [ my carrd ] ❮