"Pick up the slack!" [ SHC...
by squidz
Last post by idia
Today 04:35 PM

Old December 10th, 2021, 12:56 PM
dont try to wake me

Default Re: The Weeping Tree

[ @NinjaBloss ]

With all of her focus on this blue jay, Nectarflame allows the rest of the world to melt away. The hunt itself is easy, but ensuring the bird does not hear her approaching is not so simple. It remains unaware thankfully, and the catch proceeds smoothly. However, a feather finds its way to the back of her throat. The warrior tries to remain quiet and composed as she clears it, but that does not help. She coughs, and winces at the noise.

Yet even coughing did not move the feather in her throat, and Nectarflame resigns herself to coping with it. She breathes slowly as she buries the bird, and does her best not to even think of the throat-feather. Because when she thought of it, it bothered her, but when she did not think of it, her throat did not feel as irritated. Modern problems and modern solutions.

Hoping her cough did not scare any nearby prey away, the Bengal resumes her position and works on sleuthing out the next morsel. But it was hard, and farther away from the Weeping Tree than she would have preferred. Oh well.

Green eyes trace the outline of a rabbit, perhaps the same she detected faintly earlier on. Perhaps not though. Its white fur nearly hid it entirely in these drab surroundings, but Nectarflame could rely on more than just her eyesight. Crouching, she creeps closer and closer to it until she could almost reach out to grab its haunches if she were to leap for it. But just as she is preparing to spring, the muscles in her hind legs rippling and tensing, something brushes through nearby bushes and grass. The rabbit takes off of course, when it lifts its head and spots the golden cat stalking it.

Exasperated, Nectarflame stands and turns to confront this newcomer, only to face off against a set of eight long brown legs. With a small gasp of alarm, she lifts her head and stares up at a deer. Well, two. One was a little further behind this braver doe. She munches her grass quite unconcerned with Nectarflame and her loss of prey, and the two creatures stare at one another for some time.

After what finally feels like too long to stare into the beady eyes of a deer, the golden Bengal dips her head slightly. "Indeed, perhaps that was not prey for me to take today," she admits to herself, or to the deer.

"Well, may StarClan light your path, may you find plenty of vegetation this leaf-bare." Turning, she returns to the Weeping Tree and debates trying to hunt in another direction. But now that she was not hunting or speaking to the other gentle forest creatures, that darn feather in her throat reminds her of its unfortunate existence.
you may remind me after a few days
to reply if you have sent me a message or a post.

Last edited by plum; December 10th, 2021 at 12:57 PM.
Old December 12th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Kingly

Shiningskies was close, her eyes locked onto the form of the squirrel and prepared to pounce when it suddenly looked up, staring directly at her. She froze for a second, internally cursing the color of her pelt which helped her blend in with the forest except during leaf-bare when everything was white, and darted forward before the squirrel had a chance to react.

It let out an alarmed squeak, turning and jumping onto the trunk of the oak, beginning to scramble up it, but she was quicker. In an impressive leap the warrior managed to snag the squirrel of the tree before it had climbed to high, slamming it into the snowy ground with a paw and delivering a quick, killing bite. Shiningskies thought for a moment about burying it before deciding against it. The noise her leap had made had most certainly scared away any remaining prey in the vicinity, so her best choice was to head back towards Nectarflame and see if the molly needed any help.

With that decided, the ginger warrior picked up the squirrel and began back the way she came from, ears pricked for the sound of any prey that might have lingered in the area.

@implimm

if i look back, i am lost
passive & healing powerplay permitted
The Archives
Old December 14th, 2021, 11:42 AM
dont try to wake me

[ @NinjaBloss i appreciate you lots ]

To have failed a catch was shameful. It mattered not if the catch was spoiled by oneself or outside sources, shame was all the same. If Nectarflame had acted sooner, or had been in the right position to trap the fleeing creature, the catch would have been successful. But it was not, and that was that. At least her companion seemed to have done better, and was beginning to track back the way they had come. Following Shiningskies with her gaze for a few lingering moments, the warrior ensures she is away safely before clearing her throat, and then coughing. Perhaps it was time to hack up a lung in a most ungraceful fashion now that there was no one to see or hear it. Returning to camp late would be fine so long as Shiningskies reported everything well to the deputy.
you may remind me after a few days
to reply if you have sent me a message or a post.
Old December 16th, 2021, 09:29 AM
Kade Clock / Plant-Lover

My Mood: Bored

Silentclover sat under the Willow grooming her fur quietly as she scanned her surroundings before turning her gaze to the sky and watching the clouds.

@Holiday Snakebite13
Old December 16th, 2021, 01:37 PM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock Dragonshifter View Post
Silentclover sat under the Willow grooming her fur quietly as she scanned her surroundings before turning her gaze to the sky and watching the clouds.

@Holiday Snakebite13
Skylily padded over to her mate, purring. "Hi." She mewed, nuzzling Silentclover
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old December 16th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Kade Clock / Plant-Lover

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday Snakebite13 View Post

Skylily padded over to her mate, purring. "Hi." She mewed, nuzzling Silentclover
Silentclover let out a loud purr. "Hi! How was your day?" she mewed happily nuzzling Skylilly.
Old December 17th, 2021, 05:55 AM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock Dragonshifter View Post
Silentclover let out a loud purr. "Hi! How was your day?" she mewed happily nuzzling Skylily.
"Good, hunting went well and I was able to get a good run in the woods earlier." Skylily replied
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old December 19th, 2021, 01:56 PM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

For @Darkside
_________
Larkstorm sat at the base of the tree, remembering when the marks had been clear and true. She frowned as she stared at it. She remembered when the No marks had been beautiful, except now they were ruined. It was such a depressing sight. Hearing something behind her, she turned around to see Darktiger. “Hi, Darktiger,” She meowed. “What brings you out here?”
Old December 19th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Trans, Ace, and Gay. (:

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty the Raven View Post
For @Darkside
_________
Larkstorm sat at the base of the tree, remembering when the marks had been clear and true. She frowned as she stared at it. She remembered when the No marks had been beautiful, except now they were ruined. It was such a depressing sight. Hearing something behind her, she turned around to see Darktiger. “Hi, Darktiger,” She meowed. “What brings you out here?”
(its Wolftiger)
"I was restless." Wolftiger sighed.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 05:07 AM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

For @Darkside
________
Larkstorm nodded knowingly. “Yes, I get you. I came here because it’s a good place to think.” She looked around at the scenery around them. “It’s so peaceful and quiet, don’t you think? Where you can just melt in and no one bothers you.” Then Larkstorm realized what she had said and quickly backtracked. “But don’t worry you’re not bothering me,” She added.