Today 07:03 AM

Old August 22nd, 2023, 09:54 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Cattail Pond

yarrowcrest // he/him // 17 moons

---

Drifting in and out... Eyes weakly fluttering at the different dulled sensations spreading throughout his body. Gentle licks at his face. Stinging and pressure at his leg. Throbbing in his head. Throbbing everywhere. In his ear, his leg, his chest... Everything hurt yet didn't all at once. Face pressed against the wet marsh, hazy visage gazes out at the madness from behind half-lidded eyes struggling to stay open. The corpse of Beanstar. The retreating Riverclan warriors, beaten and battered... And then it settles on Bumblestar. He can't make out what she's saying but the way she's standing... It was her, wasn't it? Who else would have the audacity to murder another leader? Jaw clenching, he needs to focus on something that isn't the growing rage in his heart or the painful fire in his veins.

But the only thing he can focus on is how tired he is. Whenever his eyes flit closed it feels so much better than forcing them open. So he reaches a point where he just... Gives in. He lets his eyes stay closed and he tries to focus on the feeling of the licks against his face and the voices overhead. He can't hear them. It's terrifying. Was this it? There was no way. It was just his leg, right? Just one bite. Not enough to kill him in his first real battle? And then his mind wanders to Alderstep... Did he make it? When his eyes were open, he couldn't see him. In a panic, his breath picks up and his eyes force themselves open again, mouth falling open to better suck in air.

Then he's lifted. Lifted onto someone's strong back and carried away from the blurred view of the pond shrouded in cattails. A glance down to his leg shows him that his wound had been looked at. It still hurt quite a bit, but hopefully Springpaw had done what she could to stop the bleeding. Deep breath in, deep breath out... Calm down, Yarrowcrest, it was going to be okay... The comforting scent of his mate surrounds him and he realizes that it was her back he was upon. Of course it was. It was always her. She was so strong. Stronger than him. If she weren't here, he'd be done for. Coughing a bit, he speaks quietly to her, not a care for his own fatigue as he forces his tired body to make words.

"A-Are... You 'kay..?" He mumbles in a slur, eyes again struggling to stay open as they make their way back to camp. "Al.. Alder? Step? O... kay?"

springpaw | @ares // sparrowfur | @Roo_! // alderstep mention | @navarra

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Rose stopped by to plant a garden here.
Old August 22nd, 2023, 10:01 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

yarrowcrest // he/him // 17 moons

---

Drifting in and out... Eyes weakly fluttering at the different dulled sensations spreading throughout his body. Gentle licks at his face. Stinging and pressure at his leg. Throbbing in his head. Throbbing everywhere. In his ear, his leg, his chest... Everything hurt yet didn't all at once. Face pressed against the wet marsh, hazy visage gazes out at the madness from behind half-lidded eyes struggling to stay open. The corpse of Beanstar. The retreating Riverclan warriors, beaten and battered... And then it settles on Bumblestar. He can't make out what she's saying but the way she's standing... It was her, wasn't it? Who else would have the audacity to murder another leader? Jaw clenching, he needs to focus on something that isn't the growing rage in his heart or the painful fire in his veins.

But the only thing he can focus on is how tired he is. Whenever his eyes flit closed it feels so much better than forcing them open. So he reaches a point where he just... Gives in. He lets his eyes stay closed and he tries to focus on the feeling of the licks against his face and the voices overhead. He can't hear them. It's terrifying. Was this it? There was no way. It was just his leg, right? Just one bite. Not enough to kill him in his first real battle? And then his mind wanders to Alderstep... Did he make it? When his eyes were open, he couldn't see him. In a panic, his breath picks up and his eyes force themselves open again, mouth falling open to better suck in air.

Then he's lifted. Lifted onto someone's strong back and carried away from the blurred view of the pond shrouded in cattails. A glance down to his leg shows him that his wound had been looked at. It still hurt quite a bit, but hopefully Springpaw had done what she could to stop the bleeding. Deep breath in, deep breath out... Calm down, Yarrowcrest, it was going to be okay... The comforting scent of his mate surrounds him and he realizes that it was her back he was upon. Of course it was. It was always her. She was so strong. Stronger than him. If she weren't here, he'd be done for. Coughing a bit, he speaks quietly to her, not a care for his own fatigue as he forces his tired body to make words.

"A-Are... You 'kay..?" He mumbles in a slur, eyes again struggling to stay open as they make their way back to camp. "Al.. Alder? Step? O... kay?"

springpaw | @ares // sparrowfur | @Roo_! // alderstep mention | @navarra

Sparrowfur - she/her - 17 moons
Beefed Up I - ACTIVE

---

Sparrowfur could hardly bear it.. the guilt of getting out without any injuries.. the guilt of having her mate bleeding out on her back.. She swallowed a sharp and angry cry. She was furious. At Bumblestar, at Beanstar, at herself.. Her ears flicked.

Yarrowcrest.

Of course he was still looking out for her. Of course. She stifled a teary chuckle.

"Yes, yes I'm alright Yarrowcrest.. We're both alright, just stay awake for me ok?" she said softly. Any louder and she would've risked a voice crack.

Truthfully she had no idea where the deputy even was, but anything to keep her mates mind at ease.

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old August 22nd, 2023, 10:50 PM
Bite, maim, kill...♛

Bump Policy: ✰72hrs
My Mood: Dark

v-Cracklepaw-v
(88/100)
|Beefed Up Tier 1: Inactive | Just A Scratch |

He watched in utter disappointment as his super awesome, and totally cool move failed. Falling back onto the ground his head swiveled in hopes of catching the mollies next move. But it was all to slow, not having enough time to dart away, Cracklepaw felt the force of her blow hit his side. Momentarily stumbling, he felt his lungs wheeze out a few pathetic coughs. UGH! How was this possible!? How did this idiot actually manage to attack him! Hissing darkly, he was about to send out some very choice words, when the thrumming of paw steps made him freeze. Eyes locking on a new advisory, he felt the sting of claws rake his nose as the pathetic looking cat joined the fight.

Gah! This was hardly fair! Where did this little minnow come from? Eh, it hardly mattered... She was barely half his size. He was sure he can manage. Recovering from the superficial blow, Cracklepaw sneered in amusement. "Pathetic child! You haven't a clue who your dealing with!" Snickering darkly, Cracklepaw flung out his hind legs in Kestrelpaws direction. This would hopefully keep her away from this little situation. At least for a little bit... He only needed a few moments to deal with the other scrap. Whether his kick landed, it didn't matter because the sinewy cat lunged forward; cruel teeth flashing in the dim light.

[Powerplaying permitted by jupiter!]

Swinging a massive white paw at her head, he let the blow stun his opponent momentarily. Taking this moment of weakness, he returned to his hind legs and unleashed a wild flurry of unsheathed claws at the mollies head and shoulders. Crimson red staining his paws, he used his greater height and strength to his advantage by dropping down and roughly sinking his teeth into her scruff. Neck muscles tightened as he lifted Birdpaw from the ground, and shook her violently about. While effective, this course of actions was rather taxing (even if the little rat was small), so in one last surge of adrenaline he did his best to chuck the feeble apprentice at their clan mate.

Chest heaving, he staggered back and eyed the two of them. Hopefully that was more enough to keep the both of them down.... How much more could they take? How much more could he take? Only Starclan knew that much. But going off of his own fatigued body, he safely assumed it wasn't much. Returning back to a battle stance, Cracklepaw may of felt dog tired but he certainly wasn't going to show it. No, not in a million years.

// @jupiter @sol. \\
( excuse this mess of a post )

" Death is not mercurial. It's patient... unlike life."
----ϟ----
Characters

Kat, Aries, Isa, Pheas, Darl... These are my prisoners... They will never escape...
Old August 23rd, 2023, 02:12 AM
become seagull

Bump Policy: 12 hours / 2 hours time sensitive
My Mood: Sneaky

Dragonflycliff
(Image by Pangoligon)
Leaves.

Lillian gave belly rubs to all the cats
x ghostie gave da cats all da love <3
pat pat - hope
lots of love given by: Thechaoticdigitalcircus & SeonghwasBunnyEars
Pocket Full of Purrkies ACTIVE
Old August 23rd, 2023, 02:21 AM
When day breaks

Status: Abandon yourself to the light... The sun is calling...
My Mood: Mysterious

Nightspark
RiverClan Lionheart
Purrks: Just a Scratch (permanently active)

He heard Gingerfrost's call, znd turned the head quickly, Bumblestar was standing over a body... Beanstar's body, he swore internally and glared back at his opponent, he had wounded him bad at the shoulder, that was enough, he only had light wounds, nothing too bad. He glared at the Thunderclanner, before hissing and falling back.

@Woodlow
The skies are gone.
For us there is no joy...
It's rising at the horizon.
This red sun...
The red light consume us all...
It's the dawn of a new day... The day...
When day breaks...
Old August 23rd, 2023, 04:53 AM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Fine

Sharpclaw - The Grump
ThunderClan | Warrior | He/Him | 13 moons
Sharpclaw hissed when claws raked across his shoulder, leaving behind a gaping wound. He tripped as he landed, unable to catch himself with only three working legs. By stars, his shoulder seared like it had been set on fire! He slowly hoisted himself back up, cradling his wounded leg against his chest. He glowered at the monochrome tom before eventually dipping his head. Sharpclaw was no sore loser, so he humbly accepted his defeat and turned to limp away from the other, but stopped suddenly as he heard his leader let out a victorious snarl.

He witnessed her standing atop a lifeless Beanstar, claiming ownership over Cattail Pond and ordering the rival clan to leave. Sharpclaw drew his eyes over Beanstar and sent a silent prayer his way. Of course, he harbored no personal feelings for him but still felt it necessary to honor each and every life that had fallen that night. And as he observed the fallen leader a question plagued his mind.

Why had he died so quickly? Had StarClan denied him his nine lives? It was always a tragedy when a leader died, though his clan had gone through so many of them he had almost become numb to the feeling. Fortunately, it wasn't his clan that had to handle another loss. They had lost so much recently. Leaders, land, clanmates; it was only fair that they gained something for once, even if it was at the expense of another clan.

Still, as much as he disliked RiverClan he couldn't help but pity them. With how few of them had even attended the battle it was obvious that their clan wasn't fairing too well, and now they had to deal with the death of their leader and a loss of territory on top of it. He didn't fault Bumblestar for any of this though, because it wasn't her job to worry about the state and affairs of rival clans. Her only priority as leader should be to provide for her own clan, and tonight she had succeeded in doing that. He just wondered if she felt any guilt in what she'd done. He supposed it wasn't any of his business.

After a moment of silence, he let out a victorious yowl of his own, although to him it felt bittersweet and ended in a strained growl as the pain in his shoulder flared up again. He winced, leaning down to lap at the blood that oozed from the edges and seeped into his fur. He turned to face the warrior who inflicted the wound on him, meeting his glare with a stoic expression. He ignored the hiss the Lionheart spat at him as he retreated with the rest of his clan.

Nightspark may have won the battle between them, but ThunderClan had won the war and that was all that really mattered. The striped tom took his leave as Bumblestar called for ThunderClan to return home. He kept an eye out for any injured or dead clanmates as he limped back to camp. He wasn't looking forward to seeing Drizzlecloud, but his shoulder wasn't going to heal on its own...

@WhiteDawn | @Omari (mentioned Drizzlecloud, also Sharpclaw is wounded a little)

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"

Last edited by Tecumori; August 23rd, 2023 at 03:08 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2023, 06:47 AM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Nightgaze looked disappointed her opponent had run away before she'd even landed a claw on them and she'd spent the whole of the battle trying to catch them oh well.

The small black she-cat quickly followed the rest of the clan proudly her head held high they'd won and now they had more territory great!

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old August 23rd, 2023, 08:12 AM

My Mood: Bored

Sunsetslash walked back to camp
Old August 23rd, 2023, 10:45 AM
I Love You!

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

——————
꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ ☁︎ ☂︎ ☁︎ ꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷
——————

——————
| ⛆ @Leafí - Just because she thought about him, he wasn’t directly mentioned but I thought seeing this side of frog would be interesting to you. ⛆ |
——————
˚₊‧꒰ა ☁︎ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

⛆ She watches Crackles continue his battle, eyes flicking open and closed… Either someone was going to die or he was going to get his ass beat… FrogPaw couldn’t even giggle about it, she was in too much pain. She wondered if he would come to get her, if he would take her home… Her body felt ruined, and she wouldn’t be able to make it home on her own… Would crackles think she was a loser? Would she still be cool…?

⛆ FrogPaw felt her face sting as tears threatened to show themselves… She sniffles quietly, thinking about how much she must disappoint everyone… She wasn’t cool, not even close… Just a waste of air. She wondered why SnowHawk picked her, considering BriarPaw was much more capable than her… They clearly didn’t have the same mission… Why was the weakest link given the largest task?

⛆ FrogPaw felt like a thin twig on a tree full of the thickest branches… Any bit of pressure would cause her to snap and fall… She really was useless… Everything she was trying for was a lost cause… She wanted to be stronger, she wanted to be better… but her heart told her that she’d never be anything more than just a useless apprentice… She was just a useless child… She hated this…

˚₊‧꒰ა ☁︎ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
——————
Old August 24th, 2023, 05:29 AM
Gone is not permanent.

Bump Policy: No bumping; me gone.
My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud had gotten lost in her thoughts–a little too lost, unfortunately. Enough to completely space out until the very moment that the battle began. Certainly it wasn’t the fact that her roleplayer was actually far too busy to respond to anything, right? Definitely not. Drizzlecloud was just spacing out.

The sound of battle tore her out of her thoughts, and she inhaled sharply–suddenly everything came back to her all at once. Battle. There was a battle here, she needed to help–where was Springpaw? Her eyes darted across the cats around her, feeling panic rising in here chest. She could feel her heart beating in her chest, anxiety rising in her throat like bile. Where was she? Where–she should have kept an eye on her! What if she was panicking? What if someone had attacked her? What if–

Dreampaw was in the water. She sprang from where she had been standing, breaking out into a sudden sprint towards the water’s edge. Within a matter of seconds, she dropped her bundle of herbs onto the ground, rushing into the water. Drizzlecloud paused when the water reached her belly, eyes wide with fright. “Dreampaw!” She called out, inching closer and closer–she couldn’t swim, so she was trying to make sure that her own paws stayed on solid ground so she didn’t get whisked away. “Try to get closer! I’ll get you out!” She pleaded to him–could he swim, or was he just relying on instincts alone? She wasn’t totally sure. Either way, she had to get him out–check and see if he was hurt. It was a little difficult to tell, seeing as his fur was sopping wet.

All she needed was for him to be a bit closer. She could pull him out and check on him once he was on land–she wasn’t the strongest cat ever, but you’d be surprised just how hard she could make her muscles work when it came to protecting someone.

[ @RedLeif , @ares for drizzle’s mental freak out regarding spring's wellbeing ]
Dreampaw was suddenly struck by how cold it was. A chill set in, eating at his bones. He could hear someone calling him, not the Cat, but a real person from this world. He recognised his medicine cat, Drizzlepcloud. She was calling to him, urging him to come closer, giving him a direction to follow in the dark. Water trickled in his eyes and out like tears. He didn't know how to swim, it was all he could do to keep his head above the water and not forget to breath. Help me! He screamed at his friend. He knew it was there, knew it could see him and help him if it tried, but there came no reply. His head went under, water filled his nose, and... And it was like he had left his body. All the panic and fear had left him, determination and strength filled its place. He fought the water, kicking and clawing, trying to push himself closer to the edge. The water was the black hole, and he had to defeat it. His paw smashed against a stone, sending bolts of pain through him. At last, he felt solid ground underneath him and hauled himself ashore. He coughed up water and collapsed in exhaustion. The cold. The pain in his forepaw. His eyelids grew heavy, the darkness seeped in.
//Eh, a little late, so you do not have to reply to this He has some broken/bruised toes on his left forepaw, and a chill.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Last edited by MockingRabbit; August 24th, 2023 at 05:32 AM.