Today 03:57 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by AriaTheFiremaiden
Today 03:54 PM
Closed Thread

Old April 8th, 2024, 05:34 PM
delicate woman.

Bump Policy: 48hrs only - please mention me!
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Milkkit
5 Moons | Kit | It/They | Agatha Kitty - Inactive

Artwork by @/ramen

Milkkit was lounging in a bed of fronds lining a corner of the clearing, their pale eyes half-lidded over as their flanks rose and fell quietly.

Life in RiverClan was turning out to be really very.... lonely.

Since it had been taken in as an outsider, Milkkit had been struggling to find their place in their new home. They were too anxious to talk to any other kits their age, and it seemed they were just as anxious to talk to them. As if they refused because of its background as an outsider: they had been found abandoned in the outskirts of the camp, and some cats had brought them back and nurtured them back to health.

And although they were turning out to be quite a large and active kitten, Milkkit still felt, in a way.... inferior. Like they would never know where they fit in with the rest of the fish-cats. Nothing felt natural yet: not swimming, nor hunting, nor even playing with their denmates. Everything felt desolate.

Breathing out a small sigh, the black kit set their chin on their forepaws and lay there.

[ Open ]

art reqbios

Night holds up Copperpaw to the sun rays - Nyx
CrimsonOaks holds up her two gay kitties and The Lion King theme starts playing
Leopard runs by yelling "COME BACK HERE GIRLS!" chasing her IRL cats through this sig

Last edited by The Kitty.; April 8th, 2024 at 05:36 PM.
Old April 8th, 2024, 08:50 PM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Dunlinkit had slipped out of the nursery to grab something to eat while Catfishkit and Muskratkit played mossball together in the nursery. On her way to the freshkill pile to grab something large enough for all three of the sisters to share the massive almost two moon old kit saw another kit. She was alone in the corner of the clearing and Dunlinkit thought that she seemed lonely so the almost two moon old kit walked over to the other kit and meowed hey. I'm Dunlinkit. You are? It WAS okay that she didn't know the names of all of her denmates, right? It wasn't like anything bad was going to happen to either Catfishkit or Muskratkit or even both of them while she talked to the other kit, right? After all they WERE safe in the nursery. But what if... Just because she knew it was unlikely didn't prevent her from worring, though she did her very best to not worry and at the very least avoid appearing worried to the other kit who the massive for her age almost two moon old kit was pretty sure was older than she was. She wondered how this talk would end up going. Hopefully it would go well. Perhaps she would even make a friend today, which would be the best case scenario. @The Kitty.
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; April 8th, 2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old April 8th, 2024, 09:30 PM
delicate woman.

Bump Policy: 48hrs only - please mention me!
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethewolfchild View Post
Dunlinkit had slipped out of the nursery to grab something to eat while Catfishkit and Muskratkit played mossball together in the nursery. On her way to the freshkill pile to grab something large enough for all three of the sisters to share the massive almost two moon old kit saw another kit. She was alone in the corner of the clearing and Dunlinkit thought that she seemed lonely so the almost two moon old kit walked over to the other kit and meowed hey. I'm Dunlinkit. You are? It WAS okay that she didn't know the names of all of her denmates, right? It wasn't like anything bad was going to happen to either Catfishkit or Muskratkit or even both of them while she talked to the other kit, right? After all they WERE safe in the nursery. But what if... Just because she knew it was unlikely didn't prevent her from worring, though she did her very best to not worry and at the very least avoid appearing worried to the other kit who the massive for her age almost two moon old kit was pretty sure was older than she was. She wondered how this talk would end up going. Hopefully it would go well. Perhaps she would even make a friend today, which would be the best case scenario. @The Kitty.

Milkkit
5 Moons | Kit | It/They | Agatha Kitty - Inactive

Artwork by @/ramen

Just as they were about to doze off in their little corner, Milkkit heard a faint but peppy voice in their ears. Was someone... speaking to them?

Piping up, Milkkit shook out its shaggy coat and sat up, studying the she-kit blankly for a long moment. At last, they found some words in response to the other kit's.

"I'm uh... Milkkit." They blinked hard, not sure why any cat would possibly want to strike up a conversation with them. "It's nice to uh, meet you, Dunlinkit." Dunlinkit. What an interesting name. What was a dunlin? Whatever it was, it sounded pretty.

Clan cat names were always so amusing.

art reqbios

Night holds up Copperpaw to the sun rays - Nyx
CrimsonOaks holds up her two gay kitties and The Lion King theme starts playing
Leopard runs by yelling "COME BACK HERE GIRLS!" chasing her IRL cats through this sig
Old April 8th, 2024, 10:36 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Mistyshard had just woken from a little nap when she heard lots of voices in the clearing. Oh gosh, what was going on this time?? She was relieved to see Birdsnow present, but her brows were still furrowed with worry. She just about managed to catch sight of Fadingsun, horribly wounded, being carried into the medicine cat's den. "Gosh damnit, we can never catch a break." The lionheart stared wide-eyed at Dusklion while the molly explained the situation to Birdsnow. Outsiders, at the border. If those rats were the reason Fadingsun would die she'd have all of their tails! She let out a furious snarl.

"Those vermin, we have to stop them and put them in their place," she growled. As much as she was enranged she noticed Eaglepaw's worry and turned her attention to the young apprentice. "No, Dusklion didn't hurt him. It was a group of outsiders near the border from what I've managed to catch. I... I'm sure he'll be fine, okay?" She took a deep breath, trying to seem calm so Eaglepaw wouldn't worry too much.

@taillow @Mica @poppy @peachfuzz~

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
Dusklion - RiverClan Head Lionheart
She/her | 27 moons | Go with the Flow, Beefed Up T3, Rapid Recovery, Shadow Fiend
As Cobs slunk off, teary-eyed, Dusklion felt concern slip underneath the Rage that took over most of her thought process. But she had to shake it away and focus on the situation at paw. There would be time later to figure out what the heck was up with the kid, but right now she had a potentially dying sibling to take care of. Fades was much more of a priority than anything else at the moment.

Alarm then sparked her pelt when Eaglepaw came full sprint, accusing her of being the one to do this. Dusk's eyes just widened at the accusation, staying silent as Mists went to comfort the kid. Birds added her voice too, which gave the dark tabby time to process everything else said.

She had just told Birds that the two were dead, the ones that had attacked Fades, but she barked orders of wanting her to find who did it. She had - and they were dead. But it was a little detail that Dusk didn't want to dwell on - her leader was giving her the go-ahead to organize a patrol to sweep the outsider border clear of threats, so she'd take it greedily.

The idea that Fallenwish offered made her look at her as if she were an invading ShadowClan warrior. "If you don't want to fight the rats that almost killed your deputy, then what the hell are you even doin' in RiverClan?? I'm sick 'n tired of cats around here rollin' over 'n showin' their bellies instead of using their goddamn claws!" Her voice was a roar as she lashed her tail. She had never understood the peace-loving cats, those who thought just by talking or not fighting that issues would resolve. "If all your plans involve not fightin' 'n just wastin' what little herbs we have, then do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut."

Perhaps if this wasn't her brother, Dusklion wouldn't be reacting this harshly. But hearing that this cat "wouldn't fight" if they came across outsiders who only wanted to harm them had her livid.

"Mistyshard, Wisteriaheart - you two come with me." Dusk was grateful that Mists was here - she was a strong fighter and would be a force to be reckoned with, and Wisteriaheart seemed to want to rip and tear, which was exactly what Dusk needed. Surveying the clearing with narrowed eyes, she took sight of two other warriors that had formidable fighting ability from what she'd seen. "Stagheart, Troutstone! We're goin' to secure our borders with the outskirts. Let's go."

Looking back to Birds, she fixed her leader with a steady gaze. "Fades has been through worse - he'll pull through this." Whether that was more for her leader or herself, Dusklion wasn't sure. Once the cats she had called gathered the dark tabby took off from camp, legs pumping and propelling her through the forest.
[ Mistyshard - @starry ] [ Wisteriaheart - @Saki ] [ Stagheart - @SentimentalSquid ] [ Troutstone - @MockingRabbit ]
[ Fallenwish - @hades. ] [ Birdsnow - @poppy ] [ Eaglepaw - @Mica ]
[ if you don't wish to be called for this patrol, let me know via VM and i'll edit with a replacement! this is a patrol to secure the outskirts border; they will be finding more outsiders along the way to wipe out! i'll be making a private thread! + once again, please please note that dusk's actions/words do not reflect my personal opinion! ]
Eaglepaw
RiverClan
she/her | 6 moons | 13/100
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker, HK T2
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Eaglepaw looked distraught as Mistyshard explained to her that Dusklion had not been the one to hurt her mentor, and the young apprentice was almost immediately bowled over with shame. How could she have even suggested that? She barely heard Birdsnow. "'M sorry." She muttered, backing up a few paces so Dusklion could work to put a patrol together. She would have to apologize to Dusklion later. But right now, all she could think about was Fadingsun laying limp on the floor of the medicine den, moments away from StarClan. Eaglepaw shakily padded over to the den, settling nearby it--but out of everyone's way--as if she could guard the cats working hard inside and help them save Fadingsun.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old April 10th, 2024, 06:26 AM
Frostfire

Bump Policy: during the weak days from 6 am to 3 pm :) depending if im on.
My Mood: Stressed

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Clearing

FrostPaw

"you'll get lost and find a new frost..."

Frostpaw sat waiting in the clearing for any sign of his mentor, his eyes narrowed as he thought of his short time in the nursery, milk then pray and no mother, his mother was gone...he never heard stories of her and knew that his father was dead...so what was he missing. his black fur bristled at the thought, the thought that his own father died and his mother left or whatever. what was the point in starclan anyways? he never saw his father in dreams so the dead cats couldn't be real. his ears flattened. his fur was fluffy and he probably would struggle with fishing....what was he here for?

@Saki (treeheart)

(ur apprentice is depressed, yay)
(anyways- u get to choose what training he does -w-)
WindClan- N/A
StarClan- Echoheart, Spottedfur,
Dark forest- N/A
outskirts- adderkit-2M/tom, garfy-20M/she, king snowflake-10M/Tom
Old April 10th, 2024, 12:45 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Breezy

Silkwisp
Riverclan warrior

Lying in her back, Silkwisp watched the rain fall to earth, pitter patters all around her. Flicking a small pink tongue out in attempt to lap up the raindrops as a game, the tall she-cat purred joyfully. She loved it when it rained, it was like a tiny, upside-down river that fell in droplets rather then a steady flow.

Blinking in surprise as a cold drop of rain suddenly hit her pink nose, she smiled in amusement. She enjoyed the little things in life Silkwisp, she wasn't as worried about what was happening around her as everyone else which was a blessing and a curse.

OPEN

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old April 10th, 2024, 01:39 PM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly

activity post

riverwhisper existed.
snailpaw existed.

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig |
Rose side-eyed the cats and rats. Was she here because her name was Kat? | oakcrane graffitis "oakcrane wuz here" everywhere

Character Creator! (read the description please, i just made a new version of someone else's game that had limited color options. it is their art, not mine!)
Old April 10th, 2024, 06:07 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Eaglepaw
RiverClan
she/her | 7 moons
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker, HK T2
· · ────────────── · ·
[Mistyshard - @starry ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Eaglepaw was falling behind. It was no one's fault really. Fadingsun was still out of commission in the medicine cat's den, Morningmimic had... well... he had tried, surely. Eaglepaw knew that unless she sought out a warrior she had seen go above and beyond, she would never get any training done. Dusklion was an option, but Eaglepaw had yet to apologize for her accusation about Fadingsun, and there was one cat who seemed close enough to the Head Lionheart to give Eaglepaw some advice, and some much needed training.

"Mistyshard...?" Eaglepaw approached the lionheart cautiously. "I was uh, I was wonderin' if you--" the large feline could barely get a sentence out, heart pounding vigorously in her chest. "Could you maybe, if you're not busy, take me out hunting? With Fadingsun er... gone for now... I'm kinda fallin' behind on my trainin'."

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old April 11th, 2024, 04:36 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
Garlic Feather
Purrks; Just a scratch| Beefed up tier 2|
He-Him { River Clan } Warrior

GarlicFeather snickered and as he was whacked he made a poor attempt to move out of range of said whack, which failed. ‘Serious as how fast your fur is turning grey?’ GarlicFeather joked, he liked to joke but he wasn’t always good at jokes. Too much fuss to be good at jokes and worry about if the other would get it for him personally. Maybe he was thinking too much about jokes. ‘Sure, no tick will ever get you JayFrost the elderly. Now how about some fresh bedding so you don’t need to complain about your joints. And I’m a mentor I’m pretty sure my job is to yap complaints about what my apprentice can’t do. But when it’s to their face theres usually more constructive criticism.’ GarlicFeather maintained a grin up until the apprentice thing was brought back up and he couldn’t help but feel a twinge of annoyance, mostly at said apprentice. ‘Personally, Toad Paw is.. well I haven’t had the chance to even figure out what they’re like the furthest we got was the reassignment and thats it. I’ve been working my rear off trying to adapt training to their needs so it’s all figured out and everything only for them not to show up.’ GarlicFeather honestly preferred complaining now well he could, perhaps if he and toad actually made a start he wouldn’t need to. Heck he’d defend his apprentice if anything but he couldn’t necessarily do that when they were stomping on all the good he was supposed to be saying about the, it really wasn’t his fault here. Hearing about the patrol thing only brought more doubts to GarlicFeather, yikes what a way to make a bad day feel worse now learning he might possibly have been stuck with an incompetent apprentice. Great now he’d have to be all snappy and shove their attitude into line so his reputation wasn’t smooshed. ‘Well I suppose I’ll just have to beg starclan that i get a version of ToadPaw that isn’t a pain. Stars forbid I have to be some sort of strict no-nonsense mentor and shove whatever attitude they have away.’ GarlicFeather grumbled before he blinked, confusion clouding him at the cut off, but he didn’t want to be nosy so he didn’t poke for information. ‘Oh yeah, stars it makes me wonder how you didn’t just do the whole training thing in one day with how much you were out and ‘bout.’ GarlicFeather shifted slightly, had it grown a little quiet or was it just him? Maybe it was just him, attempting to shrug it off he nodded in agreement at the first part, then back onto apprentices again. ‘Stars you’ve a real knack for complaining about apprentices, no wonder why you’re allowed to complain ‘bout them all you want! And look at all the dust on ya’! Maybe those ticks will get to you twice as soon.’ GarlicFeather couldn’t help but put a lighter mood on, best to avoid dark topics in a mood like this. It was all in a joking matter of course, but also. He didn’t really want to linger flutterpaw as much anymore, especially not after having his apprentice called ‘bad’. Yikes. What was a topic he always looked to in moments like these? ‘Uhh- say, do you know the difference ‘tween a stone and a rock? And speaking of rocks, how would you feel ‘bout rock hunting with me later on I’m getting tired of piling up pretty rocks with no cat to show em off to. And It’s not like i’ve anything better to do.’ rocks, smooth sailing from here, a topic GarlicFeather really knew his way around and an easy distraction from all the apprentice talk.
(lemme know if there’s any issues with this post because im again ill )

(cw internalised homophobia, insecurity/negative self talk)

->> jayfrost [he/him, rc warrior, 26moons, burn baby burn] <<-
a tall silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes

jayfrost just snorted, turning grey yeah "at least no one will see it when i actually go grey." that was probably a lie, his father had started to shed silky silver fur and have it grow back a dull, light grey even before he wouldve been considered a elder, so the possibility of him going grey before garlicfeather wasnt that slim.
"oh darling if you changed my bedding i wouldnt complain~" he grinned, the rest of his confidence going into the semi flirty tone of that sentence, however still jokingly enough to not be considered full on flirting. it would be rather weird to openly flirt with his ex boyfriend who had also just recently lost his last mate,..who had also been female.. thinking about the fact that he had been garlicfeathers only male mate made a uncomfortable itch settle between his shoulders. he couldnt point out what exactly irked him about that but, well, perhaps he just felt like it was never really genuine because he wasnt female and- he caught himself because his thoughts spiralled, thick silence hanging between them for another moment before he got back on track, "hmm you can yap complaints but im a warrior too, i think im qualified to yap too"
back to the apprentice thing, alright, jayfrost just shrugged, "i dont know 'm sure you'll manage to get em straightened out, even if ya need to be a bit mean" mean garlicfeather was something jayfrost wouldnt necessarily complain about either, and the older could be a proper elder if he wanted to so he had no doubt that he'd get a hang of the training.
"oh you know, i was just being nice, couldnt have you get your warrior name after i did" he attempted a grin, a more or less sad attempt to drown out the memories of cardinalpelt.
at the mention of ticks he jumped onto his paws, stumbling a few steps in a circle to catch himself, off balance from the lack of support from his front paw, before shaking out his pelt. loose dust clouding both of them he shuffled closer to garlicfeather, "is it gone?" he asked, panicked edge in his voice mostly swallowed by the urgency and his attempt to keep his voice neutral. he shook himself again, the feeling of dirt against his skin completely distracting him from anything they had said before, how had he even managed to ignore the dig of dirt and grime coating his fur.

"stones are the small ones, rocks the bigger ones...are you sure you want me to come with you? im not really quick on my feet right now" he replied, a twinge of embarrassment twisting in his stomach, he had probably only asked to be nice anyway.

(jokes on garlicfeather for pointing out the dust to jay)

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
Old April 11th, 2024, 06:26 AM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozelen View Post

Mousekit met her concerned gaze with an equally unsure one. "...Well," he mewed reluctantly. Maybe they could try shaking what his feather had gotten stuck in, not all of it was pokey. But would that even work? It did look pretty tangled up. "We could maybe... um. Climb?" But it was high up there, Mousekit definitely wasn't that confident in his climbing skills and he assumed Marigoldkit wasn't either. "Ah. Hah. Maybe it'll just be... stuck there forever..." Mousekit's face turned into a wiggly sort of smile, the dejected kind.

"The wind might blow it down. Someday." Mousekit usually wasn't the type of cat to openly give up, especially not this easily, but he was feeling a little upset at the moment. He might as well give it to Marigoldkit straight, though it was nice of her to try and help him...

(so sorry for the wait! i've just been so unsure how to continue lol)

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"No way!" Marigoldkit said assertively, her jaw making a quick snapping sound once she closed it. "We're getting you that feather, or we're going to find you a new one."

She wasn't about to let go of something so important to Mousekit, he was her friend, regardless if he considered her one or not. She would either get that feather or ask a warrior to get it for her. But as of right now, Marigoldkit would take the first suggestion.... Or was it the second? Hm, well order didn't really matter. What mattered was what she was about to do.

She walked up to the odd plant and shook it at its roots, her paws nearly quaking from the effort. She looked up to see if the feather had moved from its prison in the brambles. It hadn't...

Okay, climbing. That was okay, right? If she was quick with it then surely no warrior would talk her ear off about how stupid that was or how she could've gotten hurt and stuff. She honestly just couldn't handle that kind of shameless scolding, it made tears mist her eyes and cloud her once confident vision. So, the key here was to be unnoticed, but who knows how well that would go for her.

She clenched her teeth and climbed on top of the bramble, surprised that they weren't prickly at all. Marigoldkit tried pulled out the feather, but it almost pulled back from her own jaws, it's whisps of comfort sedimented securely in horrible horrible inconvenient leaves.

She dropped back down to the floor with puzzled eyes. She would've kept trying if her head wasn't aching like this, and if she wasn't hungry, and thirsty, oh stars was she thirsty.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Closed Thread