Today 04:06 PM

Old August 1st, 2022, 11:51 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

@Summer Rose

➛ flaredust | she/her

approaching the wetlands, flaredust grimaces. this is so gross, she thinks, feeling the ground become increasingly mushy. she would much prefer to be here alone, but no, she's looking after bugpaw. she feels a sense of responsibility for the little kid. only because she's a warrior and doesn't want an apprentice sinking into the ground on her watch, though. we're only here to get poppy seeds, nothing should happen unless bugpaw is dumb.

"uh..don't wander too far away. and just grab the poppy flower, it's easier." she says and casts a glance at the apprentice before heading in her own direction. it's easy to spot the colorful flowers against the murky and pale greens of the border. seeing one near a sprouting plant, she hurries over to pluck the red flower from the ground.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old August 2nd, 2022, 12:39 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Bugpaw
◖ Male[he/him] - Post 20 ◗

The young tom made sure to be on his best behavior while moving alongside the warrior. He didn't want her to hate her. He wanted no one to hate him just like his mother had before she passed away. Those memories were best forgotten or at least he had tried to forget them. He just wanted to be loved by his foster clanmates and show them how loyal he was to them. Sure he didn't have many friends, but he tried.

Bugpaw listened to Flaredust very carefully as to not miss anything. Alright don't go too far. He could do that and he would. He didn't need a repeat of almost falling off that cliff. Sure there was no cliff, but there was danger here. His former clan was just a few paces away and it kind of terrified him. Looking around Bugpaw noticed a poppy flower a few fox lengths away near a pile of twigs. He picked one before moving back to the spot from before to wait for the warrior.

〔 @vance; 〕

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old August 5th, 2022, 05:21 AM
yippee!!!

@Summer Rose
sorry this reply is so short ;; we have an extension until the 6th! //

➛ flaredust | she/her

flower placed securely in her jaws, flaredust looks around for another. glancing back, it seems bugpaws gotten one, which is good. it takes a few seconds, but she spots one near a small puddle of murky water. she dreads the idea of sticking her paws near it, and getting them soaked with gross looking water. grumbling quietly, she pads over and quickly rips it out of the ground.

Old August 6th, 2022, 08:24 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Busy

lilypaw smiled as they reached sedgewater valley her eyes glistened with joy" i never been on border patrol" she said excited
@x ghostie @Atticus

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old August 7th, 2022, 03:26 AM
yippee!!!

@Summer Rose

➛ flaredust | she/her

noticing it's getting late, flaredust quickly looks around and finds another poppy. "alright, come on, bugpaw. it's getting late." she says, hurrying off towards camp.

Old August 9th, 2022, 11:21 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
Saltmeadow Marsh? Sounds... very unpleasant. Littlepaw grimaced at Gingerfrost's reply to her question. ShadowClan was unpleasant, so she guessed that was an okay name for a border. Before she knew it, Littlepaw had reached the border with her mentor.

"'Try to commit the scent to memory'? I'll... I'll try..." she murmured and opened her jaws to taste the scents that overlapped at the border. Both ShadowClan and WindClan, ShadowClan's scent was very distinguishable, it almost tasted like rotten prey. Disgusting! How can they deal with that stench all the time?

Before she could ask her question, Gingerfrost had begun to mark the border. Do.. do I mark it too? Slightly confused, Littlepaw attempted to copy her mentor, rubbing her scent all over the grass.

"Am I doing it right?" she asked the tom, her ears perked and ready to listen to his response.

Watching his apprentice copy him, Gingerfrost nodded to her question. He realised that perhaps it may not be obvious to her as to why he was doing this (or something along the lines of that), that he should probably to be more verbal and explanatory with apprentices. Even if just a little. So, as he gave his nod with the usual 'hm', the young warrior opted to explaining his actions.
"It's important to keep our borders well marked; while we send out patrols to do so, it never hurt to also mark them when passing by."
Finished, he padded back towards Littlepaw.
"Another way we mark our borders is by rubbing past stones or trees; you just have to careful for splinters with trees."
That should do it, no? Hopefully. And if not the apprentice could always ask questions if she didn't understand. Waiting for her to finish, he would then nod towards their next destination - an indicator that it was time to move on.

On the way, he still kept checking over his shoulder, or wherever she was walking, to ensure Littlepaw was coming along well. As previously mentioned, loosing an apprentice in the territory was not on his agenda. It admittedly didn't take too long before they reached their Border with WindClan, who's scent was less annoying then that of ShadowClan. Milder, if anything.
"This is Sedgewater Valley;"
He nodded in direction of the border among the open space.
"Can you tell which clan's border this is?"
She had undeniably gone to a gathering before after all, so chances were she might recognise the scent. And of course, as before, he trusted his apprentice to commit the scent to memory without having to spell it out. Keeping an eye on Littlepaw, he patiently waited for an answer.

Old August 9th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Watching his apprentice copy him, Gingerfrost nodded to her question. He realised that perhaps it may not be obvious to her as to why he was doing this (or something along the lines of that), that he should probably to be more verbal and explanatory with apprentices. Even if just a little. So, as he gave his nod with the usual 'hm', the young warrior opted to explaining his actions.
"It's important to keep our borders well marked; while we send out patrols to do so, it never hurt to also mark them when passing by."
Finished, he padded back towards Littlepaw.
"Another way we mark our borders is by rubbing past stones or trees; you just have to careful for splinters with trees."
That should do it, no? Hopefully. And if not the apprentice could always ask questions if she didn't understand. Waiting for her to finish, he would then nod towards their next destination - an indicator that it was time to move on.

On the way, he still kept checking over his shoulder, or wherever she was walking, to ensure Littlepaw was coming along well. As previously mentioned, loosing an apprentice in the territory was not on his agenda. It admittedly didn't take too long before they reached their Border with WindClan, who's scent was less annoying then that of ShadowClan. Milder, if anything.
"This is Sedgewater Valley;"
He nodded in direction of the border among the open space.
"Can you tell which clan's border this is?"
She had undeniably gone to a gathering before after all, so chances were she might recognise the scent. And of course, as before, he trusted his apprentice to commit the scent to memory without having to spell it out. Keeping an eye on Littlepaw, he patiently waited for an answer.

Littlepaw only nodded with understanding as Gingerfrost explained his actions to her. What he said made sense so she didn't decide to question it. Although, one thing didn't make sense.

"Why do we rub on trees if we're at risk for splinters? I... I-I mean... I know why we rub on rocks, but I just don't understand why we do trees. Doesn't that have a chance of wasting herbs too?" she nervously asked, trying her best to not sound so timid.

Now that the pair had moved on, Littlepaw padded closely behind Gingerfrost so she didn't risk the chance of getting lost. She wouldn't want to explain anything like that to any of her Clanmates, especially her mother and father, and even her friend.

"Is... I-is it... Is it..." Oh, come on, Littlepaw! she groaned and began to shake her head, although she managed to remember the scent from the Gathering two moons ago. "It's ShadowClan!"
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old August 9th, 2022, 03:48 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

@Cody Riley Paco Killian @Atticus
The medicine cat bounced along as they walked towards Riverclan's border. His floppy ears perked up with interest, looking to Lilypaw. Oh! He tapped his paw against his chest, pointing towards himself. "Me.. too!!" Cowpaw gestured, was this Hickorypaw's first border patrol also? ,,, Maybe they should have dragged a proper warrior to go with them. It couldn't be that big of a deal. He was mature and very strong. Definitely!

"I think... we shall just... mark.. the border! Uhm, yes..! Follow my lead...?" He signed, shrugging his shoulders lightly. Yep. Cowpaw begun to brush up against the nearby evergreen, marking along the border. He kept an eye on the two apprentices.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc
Old August 11th, 2022, 06:09 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

@Cody Riley Paco Killian @Atticus || wrapping this patrol up so they don't get bonked !!
Cowpaw wasn't positive if Hickorypaw had gotten distracted or decided to stay at camp. Maybe he was really good at hiding.,, or the medicine cat had missed him? At least he knew Lilypaw had come with him! (Or... or was.. that Hickorypaw?) His tail flickered back worriedly, soon finishing up marking along the border. It wouldn't be good for apprentices to be out of camp all alone... oh stars, he hoped they weren't lost...

Cowpaw returned to the middle, waiting for the two to finish what they must have been doing. He anxiously taps his paws against the ground, feeling the familiar panic rise up in his chest. They weren't lost. Right? He had just wanted to help, not wanting a clanmate to push themself but he was beginning to believe he should have let someone else take over.

Cowpaw isn't sure how long he waits, eventually he leaves the middle to search for the apprentices but comes up with nothing. With a worried sigh, he came to the conclusion that it was very likely for them to have simply already finished and left to camp. He,, he had gotten distracted... Cowpaw could only hope. With that, the gentle giant headed back towards camp.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc
Old August 13th, 2022, 09:29 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Goodness this kid was nervous. Deadmoon had noticed at least a bit of nerves to begin with of course, but she had been optimistic that it was simply the excitement of the meeting. He still seemed quite unsure of himself though, trailing off as he spoke after a few second ms of lead up in which he seemed to be gathering his courage, opening and closing his mouth in deliberation. When he did speak it was a good question, and she had to pause and search about for an answer.

I think she mewed at length, head somewhat to the side that the actual boundary between the clans is in the middle of the river. Technically I think we could swim in it as long as we got in and out on our side of the bank. I think. There hasn’t been an issue regarding the rights to any river for as long as I can remember although that did include a gap of a few moons and as long as Riverclan is the only clan interested in fish I imagine it will stay that way. She was mostly guessing, this border was never really in dispute, but what she had come up with made some sense to her at least.

Turning to Snowypaw with a bit of a cheeky grin curling one side of her mouth, Deadmoon added in a lighter tone Of course, you could go for swim and find out! Riverclan probably still think we’re allies, so I’m sure you’d be FINE! She had no intention of allowing Snowypaw into the water as she couldn’t swim and likely neither could he, but it was a somewhat amusing suggestion at least in her mind. Chuckling softly, she spoke in a louder, more tour-guidey tone as she spun to march to their next destination Hey Ho and away we go! To Shadowclan! If the Snowypaw was this nervous about asking a question she should probably not give him the gory details of the bodies found there. For now she resolved to be nice. Probably.
@Alchemist Kitsune