{~SomePerson's Rickety Art...
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 03:24 AM

Old May 6th, 2023, 08:05 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Darkmoon trudged through the territory, a cold and unfeeling look on his face, until he reached hi destination. Without even flinching, he walked right into the pond seamlesslly and began palling through the water. With a swift movement he dived and, as naturally as he would on land, began hunting for fish

__________________________________________________ ______

After an hour or so, he'd caught 2 fish, big ones. He grabbed them in his maw and began returning.
Old May 12th, 2023, 06:52 AM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: N/A
My Mood: Inspired

Mistycloud
She/Her

Mistycloud, frustrated, came back out to Cattail Pond. I swear if these apprentices do squat again I’m reporting solo. Normally, she was a very sweet cat but now she was furious because she failed to do her job and so did the apprentices.
“Look, I’m going to teach you how to catch prey and you better pay attention because I’ll only do this twice,” she mewed unhappily. She demonstrated the hunters crouch because they ARE NOT going fishing unless Cloudpaw knows how to, then they can do as they please. Carefully, she kept her tail low and crept forward and sprang onto a waterfowl that was pecking at the ground for some worms. The fowl had not seen her coming and as soon as she landed she also landed the death blow.
“You want to be downwind so the prey doesn’t smell you. Also, be quiet when you do go to hunt,” the white warrior said. Her icy blue eyes swept over the two apprentices. Mistycloud didn’t mean to be harsh but she had to think and the only way to think was to get rid of this punishment. The white molly began to scent out more prey but she paused before she left.
“Come find me if you need help or something is wrong but I think it’s easier to hunt if we separate, so I’m going off to go find prey,” Mistycloud said. As quickly as she said that, she left the apprentices to figure out how to hunt after she demonstrated. Eventually she found a secluded spot, near the pond, that smelled of fish. Quickly, she sat down by the bank and lifted her paw above the water. She saw a shadow flash by and her claw ripped through the water and caught the fish.

1 fish, 1 fowl

- @Archjay [Cloudpaw] - @~_LuzuraTheTitan_~ [Ashpaw] -
[If you do not reply within 48 hours, you’ll be skipped. I am rushing this patrol because I have a lot of tests next week.]

Pixel by Zombhood on DA
Old May 12th, 2023, 01:00 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by t00thless15 View Post

You can lead.” Duststream said. He’d gotten to choose the location so he allowed the other tom to lead.

Beansprout
RiverClan Shield

With a shake of his pelt and a twitch of his whiskers, the siamese didn't hesitate to step forward, leading the way to his favorite spot in the territory. Honestly, he didn't even need to think about where they were going. Beansprout simply started walking and allowed his paws to carry him to the pond. Upon arriving, he found that it was even more pretty than he last saw. The reeds were regaining their bright green color, and crickets chirped in the tall grass. With an involuntary purr, Beansprout looked back at his companion. "After you," He spoke playfully, gesturing to the pond with a sweep of his tail.
// sorry for the delay -- things should be more timely going forward!! \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old May 12th, 2023, 05:28 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

FERRETSNAP
fluffy brown and white tom with amber eyes.
he/him

With long strides, Ferretsnap approached Cattail Pond, his eyes narrowed with a glimmer of determination. They would do this hunting patrol quickly and efficiently, he would be sure of that as the patrol's leader. Once reaching the pond, he spun around to look tiward where his patrol members should be following.

"We will hunt separately, but remain close together. That way, we will cover more ground and not worry about stealing each other's catches," he said matter-of-factly, giving no room to object before turning his head to the apprentice of the group. "Glisteningpaw, have you completed hunting training before?" Awaiting a response, he let his gaze briefly flick to the pond. Movement was blatant beneath the surface, even more so than usual. It appeared the amount of fish would be abundant- if all went well, this hunting patrol should provide plenty of prey to the pile.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old May 12th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

, @lio @Marksman

the quiet apprentice decided to spill the beans "um... Mister Fernsnap, would now be a good time to point out i've not learned to hunt before?" they said with a gulp

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old May 12th, 2023, 08:28 PM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Queenly

[ @Kay~ @Archjay ]

(1 roll for understanding, 5 rolls for hunting. Completely random, just got incredibly lucky)
(Rolls 1-10 fail, 11-19 success, 20 lucky!)

Ashpaw rolled an 11!

Ashpaw mimicked Mistycloud, sloppily at first but then it was actually quite good! Scenting the air, she creeped toward a Sparrow.

Ashpaw rolled a 7!

Not leaping early enough, the Sparrow evaded Ashpaws' claws and flitted away. Grumpy that her first prey ran, she crouched back down and scented the air again, vole. Creeping towards it, she readied herself.

Ashpaw rolled a 13!

Pouncing on the vole and quickly, instinctively biting its' neck to kill it, Ashpaw caught her first prey, nevertheless, she would have rathered it be with Silversnow, but beggers can't be choosers. Gleaming with joy, the chimera buried it and moved on, something that she had heard from the elders.

Ashpaw rolled a 20!

Trying to take a dab at fishing, RiverClan’s specialty, she noticed that the moment her shadow cast over the water, the fish darted away into the shadows of the water. She took attention to this and found an already shaded spot, seeing several fish dart by, trying to pick out a nice one. A slower, larger fish swam close to Ashpaw, begging to be caught, she threw her paw in the water and grabbed the fish (which was clearly not expecting to be grabbed, so little fight was put up until it was on the surface), her paw dripping and a [Smallmouth] Bass in paw. She bit its' neck and moved on.

Ashpaw rolled a 4!

Tired from catching a fish nearly the size of her, she was creeping up on another vole when her long fluffy tail brushed up against a frond, scaring it away. Taking a moment because if she didn't she would lose the rest of the prey she would hunt.

Ashpaw rolled a 10!

Songs of Jays' reached her ears, whether it be warning of song, the vole in front of her stood no chance against her! The all mighty Ashpaw! But alas, the vole saw her or scented her at the second she hit the ground, her claws just barely missing and the vole squeaking and running off. Shoot.

[+1 Water Vole, +1 Large (Smallmouth) Bass]

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.
Old May 13th, 2023, 10:02 AM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t00thless15 View Post

Duststream was shortly behind the shield but he was trotting too, just not as fast. They were both on the smaller side though. "No worries." Duststream said with a curt nod as he reached the pond.

"I'd be down for a little challenge." He said with a slight purr, at the other tom's suggestion of who could catch the most. "I'll head down that way a bit so we don't intefere with eachother. You call time when we should stop." Duststream said and headed to his spot. "Ready, set, go." He said, starting them off.
( @vellichor we already started the RP lmao- )
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old May 13th, 2023, 02:31 PM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

@lio @Toya Todoroki

Pondheart offers the young apprentice a smile before she walks off and starts to hunt. Sniffing the air, the beautiful young she-cat stifles a yawn and she then goes and singles out the sweet scent of a prey animal.

She starts to stalk it silently, and her eyes fall on the young bird before her eyes narrow. She takes another step, and launches herself onto it, biting it's neck in a crushing blow.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old May 15th, 2023, 01:07 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

FERRETSNAP
fluffy brown and white tom with amber eyes.
he/him

His tail flicked at the apprentice's response, a faint grimace passing over his features briefly. He chose to ignore them saying the wrong name, instead focusing on their lack of training. Alright, this wouldn't go as quickly as he had thought it would. While he didn't know how old Glisteningpaw was, perhaps he would need to speak to their mentor to get off their ass and train their apprentice. Ferretsnap sighed and shook his head. It appeared Pondheart had already followed his command, which he was glad to see.

"It will be fine. Just follow after me," he ordered, waving his tail for Glisteningpaw to follow him before stalking off toward the river, "I will teach you how to catch a fish. There should be plenty in the river at this time, so you will do fine."

He crouched by the edge of the river, peering down into the water yet being sure to not cast a shadow despite his large size. Humming quietly to himself, he examined the river, then turned to Glisteningpaw once again.

"Alright. Watch closely, you'll be practicing after I demonstrate." With that, Ferretsnap returned to watching the water, seemingly peering into nothingness until his paw sprung out, scooping up a fish and bringing it to land. A quick nip behind its head and the fish stopped wriggling, a proud glint shining in amber eyes. It was a decently sized fish, he thought, licking his lips. Once finished his demonstration, the warrior's gaze slid to Glisteningpaw once again. He sat down and wrapped his tail neatly around his paws.

"Were you able to see what I did?" he inquired, "Be sure to not allow your shadow to hang over the water. It will frighten away the fish and leave you with nothing to catch. Wait until they come to you, then hook one with your paw as quickly as possible to bring it to land. A quick bite behind the head should be enough to kill it as well. Understood?" He looked at the apprentice expectantly, waiting for them to both respond and to begin their practice. Ferretsnap hadn't expected this patrol to turn into a training session, but... it is what it is. He would rather take the time to train an apprentice than to leave them with nothing to do or learn. Lazy training made for lazy warriors.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old May 16th, 2023, 02:09 PM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

, @Marksman

Glisteningpaw nodded, dipping her head in anwser. "so stay still and watch then caught?"

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn