ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Luminous
Today 02:16 AM

Old April 30th, 2023, 06:51 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: Cattail Pond

He never would understand how he ended up in these situations: early in the morning, the sun had just risen on the horizon, with an apprentice, out for training. And swimming as well, which was arguably the lesson he ended up teaching most despite only being an okay swimmer himself (truth be told, he simply didn't practice enough to get beyond that). But he got by fine, and could teach even finer. The funny thing was, for all his complaining, the ginger tabby often accepted the sessisons himself -- no one forced him to but the need for apprentices to be trained. And the apprentice he was charged with teaching this time around was Minnowpaw. He didn't know much about this particular apprentice, other than that they hadn't any swimming experience before this, so he was taking it from the beginning. As he padded over to the shallows of Cattail Pond, the young grump shot glances over his shoulder to ensure Minnowpaw was in fact still following.

"We're going to stay near the shallows for today;"
Wouldn't want to catch the apprentice drowning right away, after all, he much preferred them alive. Turning towards the apprentice, he continued.
"You'll use your front paws to pull the water towards you like so-"
And so he gave an on land example of the movement one's front paws did when they were swimming;
"-And with your back legs you kick the water away. It's fairly similar to running."
Another example.
"Air in your chest will help it float, but your haunches are nothing but dead weight: you need to kick hard in order to compensate for that. You steer using your tail. Any questions?"
There was a time where Gingerfrost essentially chucked the apprentice into water and went from there. Now, evidently, he had gone a much safer route.

[ @Solar ]

Old April 30th, 2023, 08:42 PM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: N/A
My Mood: Inspired

[QUOTE=~_LuzuraTheTitan_~;1412366]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderspirit View Post

╔═════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═════════╗
Beechpaw (he/him)
RiverClan ❍ 7 moons
brown-furred tabby tom with black stripes and golden eyes
╚═════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═════════╝

Beechpaw tried to tread carefully over the mud as he followed his mentor and Ashpaw through the reeds towards Cattail Pond. The dirt stuck to his pelt and coated his paws. He lifted each one delicately, shaking them and spraying mud all around.

He was so glad to finally get his first glimpse out of camp. Now he could finally have daring adventures, like he'd heard from elder tales and the other warriors. He looked towards the water, tail twitching with anticipation. Maybe he would even catch his own fish today. @Kay~ @~_LuzuraTheTitan_~
[/QUOTE
Quote:
]
Oml I am so freaking sorry. It got lost in my mentions and then life was a thing))

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*• ̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ˚Ashpaw of Riverclan - 6 moons - Black and orange chimera with blue eyes - 7/100˚*• ̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Following the duo, ashpaw was quiet and sitting at the edge of the pond.
Quote:

Beechpaw (he/him)
RiverClan ❍ 7 moons

Beechpaw tried to tread carefully over the mud as he followed his mentor and Ashpaw through the reeds towards Cattail Pond. The dirt stuck to his pelt and coated his paws. He lifted each one delicately, shaking them and spraying mud all around.

He was so glad to finally get his first glimpse out of camp. Now he could finally have daring adventures, like he'd heard from elder tales and the other warriors. He looked towards the water, tail twitching with anticipation. Maybe he would even catch his own fish today. @Kay~ @~_LuzuraTheTitan_~

[ Aye ! No worries]

Mistycloud [She/Her]

Mistycloud smiled as she went through the territory until they had finally arrived at Cattail Pond.

"Here we are! Cattail Pond," Mistycloud smiled. The white warrior beckoned the two apprentices to the side of the pond with her tail. She was going to teach them how to fish.

(I will roll some dice to determine if you catch the fish <333) Oh also! This counts towards your apprentices training,, including Ashpaw !!)

Pixel by Zombhood on DA
Old April 30th, 2023, 08:47 PM
Lover's Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Minnowpaw
They/He/It | Post Count: 10

Minnowpaw padded right away the Sentinel, stress stick held firmly in his jaw. “Sedgestorm? What is a marigold and a tansy? What do they do, how does Stonepaw use them? Do all herbalists know what it does? Are you a secret herbalist, running errands for Stonepaw and all!” Questions, questions, questions! They had questions for the older cat. How else would they learn these things! Well, it could sign up for some kit classes. Hm, he may ask the herbalist about it when they got back to the Settlement. Minnowpaw stayed fairly close to the cat that lead them here but also away from the far away pond. The distant water looking calm yet threatening in the sun’s rays. What was he even looking for?!
@Kay~ @Abyssopelagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Sedgestorm padded to the Clan entrance and waited for Mintcloud and Minnowpaw for a week moments before heading towards Cattail Pond.
Half way to their destination, he made a comment to himself, but made it loud enough his patrolmates would know what he planned to collect.
"We should grab some marigold and tansy. I don't believe we have any marigold left in the store and something to help with breathing might be good to have."
He proceeded to explain to them what both flowers looked like so they knew what to look for.

[ @Kay~ ; @Solar ]
//Sorry is this late\\

Mistycloud [She/Her]

Mistycloud nodded as the other warrior spoke. Soon, the white molly began to look for some tansy because she figured Sedgestorm could handle the babbling apprentice.

Pixel by Zombhood on DA
Old May 1st, 2023, 04:02 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Should Sedgestorm feel grateful that Mistycloud decided to leave the talking to Minnowpaw to him?
Probably, especially as speaking to the apprentice would take time out of their patrol to explain it all and Mistycloud was dutifully looking for the neccesary plants.

"Alright Minnowpaw, looks like you'll be looking with me. I'll answer all your questions on the way."
He turned to start his search for some marigold.
"Marigold and tangy are flowers, a type of plant that can be used to help cats that aren't feeling well. Marigold is used to help ouchies heal and keep them from getting worse. Tansy is used to help someone having breathing issues."
He chuckled when Minnowpaw asked if he was an herbalist.
"I am just the errand boy. Stonepaw is far more knowledgeable than I. As for whether everyone knows it, our healers start just like us. All Medicine Cats start from scratch and must learn their knowledge, either from someone else or trying at random to see what it can fix."

Hopefully those answers will satisfy the curious little bug.
"Now, we should get to looking for some flowers. Don't want to be out here for too long."
His eyes were already scanning for those golden-orange blooms.

[ @Kay~ ; @Solar ]

Coldamber, Shockholly (StC)
Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Woollyfeather, Honeybite, Silkpaw (ShC)
Old May 1st, 2023, 05:19 AM
It's a mental breakdown

Bump Policy: Every 2-3 days
My Mood: Cheerful

Beechpaw (he/him)
RiverClan ❍ 7 moons

Beechpaw padded along behind his mentor, taking in the sights and scents around him. So, this was the territory. He had been expecting something more dangerous for all the warnings he had been given as a kit. I bet I could have survived out here. Why did the warriors try to stop me going out?

Reaching Cattail Pond, Beechpaw sat by the edge of the water, peering down into the depths. The day was warm, and he let the light breeze ruffle his pelt. Seeing his mentor beckon him over, he sighed and went over to sit by her, ears pricked for any sign of fish. @Kay~ @~_LuzuraTheTitan_~
Old May 1st, 2023, 08:11 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet15 View Post

You can lead.” Duststream said. He’d gotten to choose the location so he allowed the other tom to lead.

Beansprout
RiverClan Shield

Upon hearing the words, the siamese tom didn't hesitate to take the lead and head to the entrance of camp. Beansprout pushed through, making sure the other cat was behind him. With that, he made the short trek to Cattail Pond. He was always happy when he saw the familiar namesake plants poking above the small body of water, and today was no different. He found himself picking up the pace, trotting the rest of the way to the pond. He only realized he did this when he stopped and was a bit out of breath. Oops.

"Ah, sorry," Beansprout spoke, dipping his head ever so slightly. "I got ahead of myself. But do you want to fish together? Or perhaps see who can catch the most fish? Anything really," the Shield purred, tail flicking side to side with anticipation.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old May 2nd, 2023, 12:08 PM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post

Beansprout
RiverClan Shield

Upon hearing the words, the siamese tom didn't hesitate to take the lead and head to the entrance of camp. Beansprout pushed through, making sure the other cat was behind him. With that, he made the short trek to Cattail Pond. He was always happy when he saw the familiar namesake plants poking above the small body of water, and today was no different. He found himself picking up the pace, trotting the rest of the way to the pond. He only realized he did this when he stopped and was a bit out of breath. Oops.

"Ah, sorry," Beansprout spoke, dipping his head ever so slightly. "I got ahead of myself. But do you want to fish together? Or perhaps see who can catch the most fish? Anything really," the Shield purred, tail flicking side to side with anticipation.
Duststream was shortly behind the shield but he was trotting too, just not as fast. They were both on the smaller side though. "No worries." Duststream said with a curt nod as he reached the pond.

"I'd be down for a little challenge." He said with a slight purr, at the other tom's suggestion of who could catch the most. "I'll head down that way a bit so we don't intefere with eachother. You call time when we should stop." Duststream said and headed to his spot. "Ready, set, go." He said, starting them off.
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old May 5th, 2023, 02:40 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Sedgestorm chirped as he found a few marigold.
He carefully picked the delicate flowers and turned to Minnowpaw.
"Juat a few more and we can go home."
He trotted back to the other warrior would be.
"Found anything, Mistycloud?"

[ @Kay~ ; @Solar ]
Old May 5th, 2023, 06:37 AM
Lover's Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Sedgestorm chirped as he found a few marigold.
He carefully picked the delicate flowers and turned to Minnowpaw.
"Juat a few more and we can go home."
He trotted back to the other warrior would be.
"Found anything, Mistycloud?"

[ @Kay~ ; @Solar ]

“Yeah, I have 4 tansy leaves,” Mistycloud mewed as she picked them up off the ground from near some crab grass.

[ @Solar ]

Pixel by Zombhood on DA
Old May 5th, 2023, 06:40 AM
Lover's Rock

Mistycloud demonstrated how to hook a fish out of the water with her paws. She rounded them, preparing for a fish to swim close. Then, as a fish swam by, she quickly dipped her paw in the water and caught a decently sized one.

[ @~_LuzuraTheTitian_~ - @Cinderspirit ]

Pixel by Zombhood on DA