Today 03:24 AM

Old March 29th, 2023, 09:01 PM
im cooking!!!

Bump Policy: one week please
My Mood: Daring

Default Re: Cattail Pond

RACCOONEAR | LARGE GRAY TABBY SHE-CAT WITH BLUE EYES
@Poprock @BEAR.

Bored. Bored was what she was. Eternally forever, like the sky's drifting above the clans.

Oh, nevermind.

She walked up to the troop of cats making their way out of camp upon Tinystorm's call for a fun little competition. As a Shield, losing would be really embarrassing, but even if she did this is still a good way to bond and have fun with her clanmates. After all, she was separated from them after being taken away by twolegs, and most of these cats she saw now were new cats, not from before the incident. One cat caught her eye, a confident one to match her own personality. I got a feeling this is the right cat to roll with, they seem really nice too. "I too shall... participate in this here competition! I ain't one to miss out on this... may the best hunt'r win!" She tried to talk all fancy-like but that didn't work.

raccoonear is a riverclan warrior | hound is a loner

Old April 2nd, 2023, 07:00 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Now they were talkin. With a crowd actually gathered, Tinystorm raised his voice. "We'll keep this simple. First to catch the most before the sun dips below the tree-line wins!" It'd give them a chunk of morning to hunt, without impacting any daily duties they were assigned to.

[ At this point, you can post your cat splitting off to hunt! I'll be rolling in 48 hours to see if your cat is successful in catching their prey. ]

Tinystorm leapt from the rock and headed close to the pond, leaning over the water with his paw extended. He had no plans to be on the sidelines - he wanted to serve his Clan as well. As the silver back of a fish came near, his paw lunged for it.

[ @~*Hope*~, @Starfall, @Wingnettle, @NinjaBloss, @Rose, @Poprock, @hope, @rowan ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old April 2nd, 2023, 07:40 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Busy

Bluestone quickly ran off to the pond after tinystorm finished speaking, his body crouched down into a hunting posture waiting for a fish to be near him
@BEAR.

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old April 3rd, 2023, 09:29 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Flintfang
He/Him

The instructions were clear enough. Easy, too. Hunting would do him good. Seeing as both Tinystorm and Bluestone had head towards the pond, Flintfang split from the group to head off on his own. Best to try his luck against mice and water voles.

At last, after a full circle of questionable, undetermined hunting, the silver warrior made his way back to Cattail Pond, stopping beside the waters to try his paw at catching whatever fish that could be spotted in the waters at this time.

[ @/BEAR. - Tinystorm ]

Leaving them feeling betrayed.
Breaking the bonds that you've made.
Old April 3rd, 2023, 11:01 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

┌────────── ∘・❄︎・∘ ──────────┐
Mintpool (she/her)
Riverclan ❍ 12 moons
White and gray siamese with blue eyes
└───────── ・∘ ❄︎ ∘・ ─────────┘

Mintpool was so glad that new-leaf had finally come. Cattail Pond was lovely and the white siamese felt truly at peace with a few of his clanmates in a relaxing afternoon, catching fish in a fun competition. But I wish Slatestripe was here as well. He's been so busy recently...

She took some distance from the others. They'll scare away the fish when they strike. I'd better take my own space.
She knew what to do. Her shadow couldn't fall on the water, or else the prey would see her. With a swift movement, she aimed a blow toward a shiny reflection with the silhouette of a fish emerging in tiny movements.

· · ─────── ·✧· ─────── · ·

[ @/BEAR. ]

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Last edited by Wingnettle; April 3rd, 2023 at 11:02 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2023, 08:23 PM
im cooking!!!

Bump Policy: one week please
My Mood: Daring

There was a sort of leisure in her pawsteps as she hunkered her body down into a bush, resting for a moment before she opened her eyes to stare out of the slightly prickly bush, ow, in search of any prey.

Wait... is this just a fishing contest? Why is everyone going to the pond..? Well, Tinystorm just said hunt, not fish. I suppose everyone is just following him. However, Raccoonear was a leader, not a follower. Plus, this left all the land prey for her. Soon enough a bird came hippity hopping past her bush, and her paw shot out of it, aimed to swipe at the bird and drag it into her new evil lair.

raccoonear is a riverclan warrior | hound is a loner

Last edited by pxxylo; April 3rd, 2023 at 08:24 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2023, 09:55 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Flamebriar
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

The calico nodded at Tinystorm's instructions before splitting off to hunt. She dropped into a crouch and began to look around for a mouse or a water vole. Having been born in ShadowClan, fishing wasn't her strong suit, and since this was a competition, she would play to her strengths.

It didn't take long to find an oblivious vole snuffling at the base of a tree, looking for something to eat. She slowly crept up behind it before leaping, claws unsheathed and ready to deliver a killing blow.

@BEAR.
Old April 4th, 2023, 01:15 AM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Now they were talkin. With a crowd actually gathered, Tinystorm raised his voice. "We'll keep this simple. First to catch the most before the sun dips below the tree-line wins!" It'd give them a chunk of morning to hunt, without impacting any daily duties they were assigned to.

[ At this point, you can post your cat splitting off to hunt! I'll be rolling in 48 hours to see if your cat is successful in catching their prey. ]

Tinystorm leapt from the rock and headed close to the pond, leaning over the water with his paw extended. He had no plans to be on the sidelines - he wanted to serve his Clan as well. As the silver back of a fish came near, his paw lunged for it.

[ @~*Hope*~, @Starfall, @Wingnettle, @NinjaBloss, @Rose, @Poprock, @hope, @rowan ]
Bogeater acknowledged Tinystorm's words with a nod before splitting off from the others to find his own spot near Cattail Pond. He figured trying his luck with the fish would be easier than finding any land prey nearby. Fish were pretty common.

He made sure he was a decent distance from anyone else -- he'd rather do his own thing and not risk being interrupted or distracted or sabotaged, though he didn't think the latter was likely much as they all wanted to catch prey for the clan. Bogeater then sat down and got in the proper position to grab a fish, should he see any scales appear in the translucent water.

A few moments passed and he noticed a gray shape moving in the pond; at once, his paw darted towards it, hoping to scoop up the fish.
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; April 4th, 2023 at 01:16 AM.
Old April 4th, 2023, 01:36 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Beansprout
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

First up on Beansprout's to-do list was to do some fishing at Cattail Pond. The place was always serene and calming, as well as teeming with fish. Hopefully, this would help out a bit with his stress while getting some much-needed food for the scarce prey pile. The gentle swaying of the namesake plants in the breeze seemed to clear away the fog in his brain for a moment. To be quite honest, if given the chance, Beansprout could probably spend all day at his beloved Cattail Pond. But, alas, he had things to do.

If he didn't hunt, no one else would.

So, he got to work, crouching by the water's edge and waiting. As he did so, he was reminded of all of the happy memories he had here. Teaching Fawnpaw how to hunt. Being found not once, but twice. Learning to swim all those moons ago. Meeting his father. The memories threatened to take a sad turn, but Beansprout shook his head. He was here to catch fish. And soon enough, he spotted one.

Quick as a flash, Beansprout reached his paw into the water and forced the water-dwelling creature onto land where it flopped and struggled. Within a few moments, its life was ended as Beansprout's paws crushed its spine. Ah, a trout. Its pale brown scales shimmered in the sun. One fish wasn't enough, though.

And yet again, a silvery shadow appeared near the shore, and a quick gray paw scooped the larger fish out of the water. What was it -- he couldn't quite tell! But it didn't go nearly as far as the trout did, and threatened to flop back into the safety of Cattail Pond. With a growl under his breath, Beansprout barely managed to catch the fish -- which he now recognized as a bass -- in time, killing it just as it reached the outer reaches of the pond.

Checking the position of the sun, Beansprout decided he could probably catch one more before heading back. To be honest, he really didn't want to leave the safety of Cattail Pond yet to return to the real world. The world in which there were two good pieces of prey on the prey pile, and a heap of rotting ones. A world where he had to take responsibility, or skies know what would happen. He knew now not to push his limits because then he would fall ill and lose more time than he gained. Beansprout learned that the hard way, and he was going to make sure it didn't happen again.

The siamese just felt as if he was carrying a heavy burden on his back. From what he saw, it was up to him to take care of the prey pile. It was up to him to restock it when it was low. It was up to him to guard the camp whenever possible, and never let his guard down for even a second. It was up to him to defend his clan with his life and provide for it with everything he had, every single fiber of his being, and yet... not many other cats could say the same.

The flash of fish scales pulled Beansprout out of his bleak thoughts and grounded him in reality. As the fish lazily swam within swatting distance, Beansprout accidentally stumbled a bit as he leaned forward. His heart jumped as the creature turned to swim away, but the warrior was already in the water, reaching with his mouth to try to scoop up this catch.

[Beansprout has rolled a 12.]

Well, it wasn't exactly pretty, but Beansprout's teeth met the fish's soft flesh and he wasted no time in biting down and tossing it as high as he could out of the water. At the same time, pond water slid down his throat into his lungs and the poor tom started coughing up a storm. He did the walk of shame out of Cattail Pond, finding his fish, a lovely perch that may or may not have had two punctures on each side where his fangs had desperately sank in. Beansprout still felt some water in his lungs, and his voice was even raspier than it was before, but he got the prey. It was a success in his book.

With that, Beansprout gathered up his catches -- the perch, bass, and trout -- and headed back to camp, tail held high despite his incident.

// hunting post \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old April 8th, 2023, 12:50 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Sleepywolf
@WinterMara

The tuxedo simply nodded his head as Whitesnake spoke up, and turned to leave out the entrance.

-----------------

The crunching of the snow beneath his pawsteps was...well he attempted to make it as quiet as possible, aiming to even walk around the snow if he could. Through the mud and moss around. Until it came to the point of tall, and thick, grass. "Here we are." he hummed.

Amber eyes looked around, making sure nothing dangerous could be about. "Main goal is to just fill the prey pile." he stated with a shrug. Hopefully Whitesnake wouldn't need more of a push than that. He didn't need to order them around, they were smart enough to work on their own.

So, the Tuxedo went to hunt, softly scooting along the earth below. Aiming to catch a Vole.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site || WCO Minecraft Origins Server ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us