A Journey for the History...
Last post by occultation
Today 11:01 PM
Darkwater Mire
by Rose
Last post by zozelen
Today 10:44 PM

Old March 5th, 2023, 06:18 PM

Status: Maybe my existence is just one big unskippable liberty mutual ad.
My Mood: Chatty
Default Re: Cattail Pond

Gingerpaw

She/her
Gingerpaw felt rather annoyed at Icepaw's words and her disposition changed from cheerful and friendly to cold and harsh. "Well you don't really need a mentor to continue to progress, you can always get help from other warriors and older apprentices. There are plenty of places to gain experience from. Only a lazy and flimsy cat would remain idle during a period of time in which their mentor is absent," she remarked icily.

Honestly. Gingerpaw expected high performance and dedication from everyone in RiverClan. This she-cat was no exception.

[ @Pluto! ]

Last edited by mooncake; March 5th, 2023 at 07:18 PM.
Old March 6th, 2023, 02:34 PM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncake View Post

Gingerpaw

She/her
Gingerpaw felt rather annoyed at Icepaw's words and her disposition changed from cheerful and friendly to cold and harsh. "Well you don't really need a mentor to continue to progress, you can always get help from other warriors and older apprentices. There are plenty of places to gain experience from. Only a lazy and flimsy cat would remain idle during a period of time in which their mentor is absent," she remarked icily.

Honestly. Gingerpaw expected high performance and dedication from everyone in RiverClan. This she-cat was no exception.

[ @Pluto! ]

"We can do that?! I thought only our mentors could teach us, Im sorry!..." She thought for a moment. "If its not to much trouble, would you teach me to spar?" She asked quietly
Old March 6th, 2023, 03:09 PM

Gingerpaw

She/her
Gingerpaw nodded, "Of course! I was just about to suggest that you come train with me! I can relay to you all that my mentor teaches me, and we can practice together!" she said in a friendly manner. A training partner would do her good. Practicing battle forms solo was half as effective as this arrangement would be. And besides, she could improve Icepaw. She hated to see idle cats in RiverClan. And she figured the best approach would be to solve the problem entirely, rather then just looking down on them and doing nothing.

[ @Pluto! ]
Old March 6th, 2023, 03:39 PM
silly billy!!

Quote:

Gingerpaw

She/her
Gingerpaw nodded, "Of course! I was just about to suggest that you come train with me! I can relay to you all that my mentor teaches me, and we can practice together!" she said in a friendly manner. A training partner would do her good. Practicing battle forms solo was half as effective as this arrangement would be. And besides, she could improve Icepaw. She hated to see idle cats in RiverClan. And she figured the best approach would be to solve the problem entirely, rather then just looking down on them and doing nothing.

[ @Pluto! ]

She gasped with delight and got to her feet. "Alright, can we start with our basics? Like front paw strike!" She asked, probably saying the move wrong but she didnt mind, her mind was set on practicing her skills.
Old March 6th, 2023, 07:40 PM

Gingerpaw

She/her
Gingerpaw appeared bewildered at Icepaw's words. Front paw strike? Was the apprentice really this novice? I know she said her mentor was absent, but this.. this is just something else. She should've at least figured out the basics by this point. Gingerpaw narrowed her eyes at Icepaw. "Hey, how long have you been an apprentice? I don't need some amateur slowing me down," she remarked icily, waiting for a response. RiverClan was supposed to be a respectable and well-trained Clan. If this she-cat was this behind, then she ought to be assigned a new mentor.

[ @Pluto! ]
Old March 6th, 2023, 09:17 PM
silly billy!!

Quote:

Gingerpaw

She/her
Gingerpaw appeared bewildered at Icepaw's words. Front paw strike? Was the apprentice really this novice? I know she said her mentor was absent, but this.. this is just something else. She should've at least figured out the basics by this point. Gingerpaw narrowed her eyes at Icepaw. "Hey, how long have you been an apprentice? I don't need some amateur slowing me down," she remarked icily, waiting for a response. RiverClan was supposed to be a respectable and well-trained Clan. If this she-cat was this behind, then she ought to be assigned a new mentor.

[ @Pluto! ]

"About...A moon now? I dont know, Goosehonk has been very busy." She said with a shrug, her voice giving away how nervous she was to include the information. "Im sorry if im waisting your time, Ill go back to camp and i wont tell anyone how you were here." She said, her ears flattening back against her head.
Old March 7th, 2023, 06:31 AM

Gingerpaw

She/her
A moon wasn't... very long. Gingerpaw had been training for only twice that amount of time. She still wasn't advanced, but she was slowly making her way from advanced beginner to novice intermediate. If she was being completely practical, then she couldn't blame this all on the apprentice. Icepaw was a victim of poor management skills and a lazy mentor. It was unacceptable that the Clan, as a whole, wasn't able to see to some arrangement or another. But Icepaw was only a moon in. Gingerpaw still had plenty of time to correct this.

She smiled at Icepaw, "Honestly, it's no trouble at all! I have plenty of time to train, and even if you hold me back a little, it'll be for a good cause. I hate to see my fellow apprentice fall behind even if it means I get to soar," she said thruthfully, adding a friendly laugh at the end of her sentence. I guess I can be like this she-cat's mentor from now on! That would be fun.

[ @Pluto! ]

Last edited by mooncake; March 7th, 2023 at 06:33 AM.
Old March 7th, 2023, 03:39 PM
silly billy!!

Quote:

Gingerpaw

She/her
A moon wasn't... very long. Gingerpaw had been training for only twice that amount of time. She still wasn't advanced, but she was slowly making her way from advanced beginner to novice intermediate. If she was being completely practical, then she couldn't blame this all on the apprentice. Icepaw was a victim of poor management skills and a lazy mentor. It was unacceptable that the Clan, as a whole, wasn't able to see to some arrangement or another. But Icepaw was only a moon in. Gingerpaw still had plenty of time to correct this.

She smiled at Icepaw, "Honestly, it's no trouble at all! I have plenty of time to train, and even if you hold me back a little, it'll be for a good cause. I hate to see my fellow apprentice fall behind even if it means I get to soar," she said thruthfully, adding a friendly laugh at the end of her sentence. I guess I can be like this she-cat's mentor from now on! That would be fun.

[ @Pluto! ]

Icepaws eyes beamed with happiness as she shot up, her fluff-tipped ears perked with joy. "Oh yay! Thank you Ginger'Paw, ill try not to disappoint!" She said with a promising smile, flicking her feathered tail with excitement to start.
Old March 8th, 2023, 06:39 AM

Gingerpaw

She/her
Gingerpaw nodded. She was such a benevolent cat. She glanced Icepaw again. "Not a problem. But let's just get one thing straight. If I help train you, there are expectations. If things like socializing, having fun, any dumb wastes of time really- If any of those things get in the way of your training, drop them. You're already behind for a moon-old apprentice. I expect you to practice daily, even when I'm not training you. Is that clear?" she asked icily. When making these types of arrangements, it was always good to lay down the groundwork and leave no room for confusion or doubt. Gingerpaw didn't want unnecessary misunderstandings to get in her way.

[ @Pluto! ]
Old March 9th, 2023, 03:28 PM
silly billy!!

Quote:

Gingerpaw

She/her
Gingerpaw nodded. She was such a benevolent cat. She glanced Icepaw again. "Not a problem. But let's just get one thing straight. If I help train you, there are expectations. If things like socializing, having fun, any dumb wastes of time really- If any of those things get in the way of your training, drop them. You're already behind for a moon-old apprentice. I expect you to practice daily, even when I'm not training you. Is that clear?" she asked icily. When making these types of arrangements, it was always good to lay down the groundwork and leave no room for confusion or doubt. Gingerpaw didn't want unnecessary misunderstandings to get in her way.

[ @Pluto! ]

"I promise! I will put my duties and training before anything else!" She chimed, her fluffed ears perked up happily. "When do we begin?" She asked