Last post by squidz
Today 09:17 AM

Old June 9th, 2023, 03:31 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

The warm rays of sunshine in greenleaf were one of Springpaw’s personal favorite things. The seven moon old newly-made medicine cat apprentice has been currently exiting out of the medicine cat den, eyes quickly narrowing from the bright light of the sun landing abruptly on her gaze. Geez. How long has she been in there? Well, however long it was, it was certainly long enough that her eyes felt like they burned from the bright light that shone from the sun. Blinking her eyes, she let loose a light exhale as she thought about how different this felt. She was a medicine cat apprentice, and practically bringing a heavy role for this clan. Worry had been prickling at the corners of her mind ever since she had been set for the role. What if she wasn’t good enough? What if she failed being a medicine cat apprentice? What if she let Bumblestar down?

A quiet huff escaped her maw, Springpaw quickly shaking her head to clear away the impulsive thoughts. She promised herself that she wouldn’t fail. She promised Dovefluff that she would make her clan proud. A brief, short smile drew across her maw as she shut her eyes, subtly nodding to her conclusion. Yeah. She won’t fail… at least she hoped she wouldn’t. Her smile faded and was replaced with a slightly irritable sigh, drawing a paw across the dirt ground. Why was decisions always so hard to make? No, why was everything always hard to come by with? How was she espoused to travel to the other clans to gain knowledge of herbs? Sure, there was Roseraven, but she had initially no idea where Cinderpaw was. Cinderpaw was the former medicine cat appprentice, she could help her at least learn something or two.

Springpaw let in a deep, irritable intake of air as she began to trot her way through the clearing, her eyes glancing around occasionally as she watched as cats went on with their days. A slight frown formed on her maw as it remained her of when she had first met her old mentor, Rabbitchatter. He had been sitting in the clearing, she stumbled out and met with him. Then… they did their first hunting trip together and brought back a mouse in victory. The memory was a breeze to think about at least, but it just just to think of her former mentor without feeling a pang of guilt that he had left her. Did he go back to the city that he told her about? She didn’t know. During the midsts of her thoughts, the young molly’s blue eyes caught sight of two familiar pelts; Dovefluff and Alderstep.

A brief smile drew across the calico’s maw as she faintly remembered Alderstep, but Dovefluff was more prominent to her memory. Maybe they wouldn’t mind if she said hi to them? Well, hopefully they wouldn’t mind, that is. The medicine cat apprentice had quickly began to trot her way towards the duo, nodding her head respectfully at Alderstep as she came close enough to them both, but not close enough to interfere with personal boundaries. She knew better than that. “Dovefluff, Alderstep,” she greeted them, casting a short smile at both of her clan-mates and sat down, curling her tail close to herself. “How are you both doing? How’s the deputy role doing for you, Alderstep?” Springpaw cranked her head in the russet toms direction as she spoke about him, oceanic blues tinkering with curiosity as she looked in his direction.

@valery @jupiter []

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; June 9th, 2023 at 03:48 PM.
Old June 9th, 2023, 04:07 PM
my disease, my infection

Here comes one now. Alderstep straightened up as he caught someone moving toward him. Oh. Dovefluff. One of her kids died. She still looked emotionally wrecked, but not the mess he'd seen (in passing glances) at the meeting. He supposed that was good. Stars help him if she'd come over expecting consoling or some other emotional comfort. He'd made it pretty obvious he was crap at that when he tried to comfort Rabbit's old apprentice. Who happened to be the new medicine apprentice.

Alderstep blinked off the realization, turning to look at Dovefluff head-on. He nodded in greeting, his eyes tracking the bit of moss for a moment along with the queen. "It's going," he said, not intending to let on his internal panic and disarray. He really shouldn't worry the clan about that sort of thing. Who knew what would happen if the clan realized they had a complete and utter buffoon for a deputy. Besides, it was embarrassing to admit his worries to a cat he barely knew.

He tilted his head, racking his brain for something to say back, because deputies couldn't just be soulless and blank slates. That'd be concerning. "And you?" Oh, wait. That broached into emotional territory. Well, there's a wonderful mistake for Alderstep. "Do much today?" he asked in an attempt to fix it. Oh, and now he was calling Dovefluff lazy. Normally, he wouldn't care if he did that, except this was a queen. Who wasn't lazy. Who was grieving a dead kit.

Thankfully, some other cat approached the duo. Turning somewhat sharply, his movements jerky with his discomfort, Alderstep took in the sight of none other than Springpaw trotting on over. The deputy repeated his greeting nod. Unfortunately, his savior fell from her greatness rather soon. His eye twitched at the almost replica question. Great cats, that was the question of the age for him, wasn't it? As much as he wanted to hiss something out in frustration, he knew better than to do that to Springpaw. He'd never forgive himself for lashing out at Rabbit's old 'paw.

"It's going," he chose to repeat. Yep. Nobody was going to pull any information from him. Alderstep eyed Dovefluff. If he predicted things right, based on his observations on how close those two had gotten ever since the old camp's collapse, the grey queen would ask about how Springpaw's new rank was going so that he wouldn't have to. And Dovefluff would know how to ask it in a sensitive, aware way.

Observing the two was much easier than being emotionally sensitive, so Alderstep fell silent and reveled in the feel of a soft breeze (greenleaf could be warm, but he lived for the season's winds) brushing his fur. Seeing the dynamic duo (because what else would they be?) reminded him all too clearly of the evacuation a moon or so ago. He winced, suddenly wondering how Springpaw had taken the loss of her mentor. Alderstep fixed his green gaze on the young cat, searching her for any signs of grieving. She only looked a bit worried or perhaps stressed. He looked away. Maybe it was just him.

He could skip out now. He could stand and claim he had duties and walk away and escape this awkward feeling.

What would they think of him, when he did that? How would it turn out for him, to show up as a socially inept cat? And what if these two had something to tell him that pertained to the safety of the clan? He'd be irresponsible for turning his back on his clanmates.

Alderstep took in a slow, satiating breath and took to studying Dovefluff again. She seemed at ease, undistressed, so perhaps there was nothing to worry about there. He was a smart cat, wasn't he? He could understand that nothing was going to happen if he sat here and offered some small talk. It was just that small talk was incessantly annoying.

He'd be fine. Hell, if these two cats, who were struggling more than he was, could sit here and talk together, he could. And so, he kept his ears perked for whatever these two wanted to talk about.

[ @jupiter @ares ]
Old June 9th, 2023, 05:12 PM
chasing away dreams

• Lambkit •
long-furred, round-bodied, dark brown flame-sepia point tom with icy blue eyes; singular white spot on chest

Lambkit was bored. He wanted to hang around with someone. Being the youngest of his almost all-girl litter, he had practically been a bit lonely having no one to hang out with as his older sisters were almost always busy. The long-furred tom stumbled his way out of the nursery, letting out a little ‘mrrp’ as he shook his little round head. Due to him being a little clumsy ball of fluff, he always tended to almost fall on his side when he tried to make his way towards someone. Not like he could help it, it just happened out of the blue. Lambkit’s icy-blue gaze caught sight of a molly messing with some sort of stick and his jaws quickly opened in a silent awe, making his little body towards the figure. He didn’t have anything to give, unfortunately [maybe except for the herbs shoved into his coat, but he didn’t want to give those away unless he wanted to] so he just looked up at the newcomer and twitched his little ears.

Maybe the newcomer would like cuddles? With the thought suddenly in mind, the small tom lifted himself up by his back legs [while on his haunches, luckily] and opened his little arms, tilting his head in a questionable manner. He also blew his tongue out for a little bit at the newcomer, but he’s a child, so it wasn’t like he was going to understand much.

@Eri

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Old June 9th, 2023, 05:33 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Cavecrash would sit by a small rock, fiddling with a twig.

-- open // super short post (its my first!), I promise I write more on average!!
Mapleface
She/Her

Back arching as the red and white molly stretched, the tips of her claws peeking out of her paws as her front limbs reached out in front of her, Mapleface stepped out of the Nursery with a yawn, jade hues ringed by shadow. Skies, she was just glad to be out of that cramped den. One of these days, she was going to wrangle Cracklepaw into kitsitting her kits.

Green gaze traversing across the clearing for some company, Mapleface's eyes settled on a solitary feline. Without another moment to waste, she started off in that direction - only to halt midway with surprise as a kit, Lambkit [@/ares ], skittered past and up to the warrior. Ah, in that case, she wouldn't bother them.

With a quiet huff, the tortoiseshell-point queen settled in a deserted corner of the clearing to sun herself.

[ Open ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.
Old June 9th, 2023, 07:36 PM

Bump Policy: ♯ One week

Cavecrash would redirect her gaze to the small kitten that had joined her, and for once, she stops fidgeting with her paws and actually looks at him with a small smile. “Hey kid. You want-” and then as the kitten’s paws would swing open, as if asking for a hug. Well, she didn’t really suck at those. And she leans down and carefully wraps her paws around his for just a brief moment before letting. She doesn’t really understand what Lambkit was trying to accomplish by blowing his tongue, but hey, kittens were kittens right? They may - and probably did - have about three brain cells in them. But when they were this adorable. Hey, even she could say she was a fan of kits if this was what they were all like. “What were you doing this fine morning, buddy?” and all thoughts of her small stick are forgotten. She doesn’t remember her days as a kit anymore, heck, she could barely remember what she ate for breakfast! She then sees another queen heading towards her, just to face the other way and stroll off. Maybe the two knew each other?

// @ares @/rose
Old June 9th, 2023, 08:08 PM
chasing away dreams

• Lambkit •
long-furred, round-bodied, dark brown flame-sepia point tom with icy blue eyes; singular white spot on chest

She accepted the hug! Yay! A loud rhythmic purr escaped the young tom as he lightly bounced himself after Cavecrash hugged him. He then began to go through his stuffed fur to look for a gift to give to the older molly. He felt like she deserved it, as he was a literal child. He pulled out a small, rather messy small pink flower and held it out to the molly with one of his forepaws, a wide grin prominent on his tiny jaws. “T… Take!” He squeaked, wincing quickly afterwards as his voice sounded rather unusually stained against his throat. Besides, it was why he didn’t bother to speak often to much of anybody, or his siblings due to the bad itching in his throat. When Cavecrash asked what he was doing, he tilted his head in a small questionable manner before excitedly piping up a few seconds afterwards.

“B… B-Be,” he stated, trying to speak and to ignore his aching throat, “wif… me sissies!” His voice was distorted and sounded out of place, but he tried his best to talk, even if his voice sounded unusually strained and distorted. He mentally hoped that Cavecrash wouldn’t pay much attention towards it though.

@Eri

Last edited by iliri; June 9th, 2023 at 08:09 PM.
Old June 9th, 2023, 09:57 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Wow Houndchaser had managed to exactly replicate the frustrated sigh of Mudhounds grandmother who had raised them and the instinct of sheer terror at the sound had frozen the warrior solid. It had also shaken the maine coon out of their lack of brain elevator music filled bliss into actually listening and paying attention to the situation. They were holding a pigeon. One they intended to eat. One that Houndchaser wanted (and was glaring for oh god that was a scary glare). And they were threatening consequences for not giving it back.

Oh god Houndchaser's name was Houndchaser! (Yes Mudhound. Wonderful observation. You are truely observant) They must chase hounds and Mudhound was a hound! Uh oh. Uh oh. Uh oh. Uh oh. Uh oh.

UH OH!

The tripods eyes were wide flicking panicked between Houndchaser's face and their ever approaching paws as yet again for the day the warriors brain checked out. Houndchaser had stepped apparently one step to close and with not even a twitch of warning the larger warrior bolted.

It was a shockingly smooth movement as they turned and ran but a very ill thought out one that was obviously not going to succeed and would be increasingly clear it was never meant to. If it was meant to succeed Mudhound would have run out of the camp first of all not around it where they were penned into a finite space. And they wouldnt have an expression of half stunned self wrought confusion and half growing enjoyment of this 'fun'.

Plus Mudhound wasnt exactly a star runner. First of all they were all muscle dense limbs and weight that did not promote speed. Second they were miSSING A LEG! WHAT WAS THIS DOOMED PLAN GUT REACTION? At least their spur of the moment bolt had bought them a lead and longer legs would draw this out a bit but still..... What even was this situation?

@Solar (god I need more of these types of muddy interactions they can be perceptive and have emotional intelligence but the lights are on and no ones home in this character its great lmao)
Old June 10th, 2023, 12:14 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Loutskit, Fireflykit and Redkit hopped.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old June 10th, 2023, 12:30 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Dovefluff

The queen wasn't blind- she noticed the deputy's wary response. She understood, of course. No one liked admitting that they were struggling, especially not to someone they hardly knew. Just like Dovefluff wouldn't open up about her struggles with losing her kits, her toxic mate or her past in ShadowClan. To be frank, she'd be alarmed if he did open up to her immediately. Surprised, too. The amount of emotional vulnerability and plain bravery it would have taken spill your guts to a stranger... She had never experienced that in her life, and she was beginning to think it wasn't something that could truly happen. Surely no one had that much bravery, so much recklessness.

She was merely checking out of genuine concern, and slightly because she felt inclined to. Like it was her moral obligation, and she didn't mind it. Her brow did crease, however, when Alderstep asked her a question. It was phrased differently. and although she could take it as an insult very easily with her past and very present self-confident issues, Dovefluff had an inkling of an idea that he didn't mean what he said in a rude way, so she decided to assume positive intent. "Just trying to keep pushing along. I haven't done much today, unfortunately. I'll try to go see if I can't catch some prey before the day is up." The longhair Russian Blue murmured, taking note of the memory of their last interaction. He seemed to struggle with emotions and stuff, so she wouldn't give him a lengthy, detailed rundown of what she was going through. He didn't need the burden. Dove had, in fact, interacted with tom before, during the sinkhole event. When she was comforting-

"Springpaw!" She purred in greeting, as the dear medicine cat apprentice approached the duo turned trio. Ah, the set is complete. And under better circumstances, too. The queen offered the sweet calico a smile. "I'm doing alright, sweetness, how about you?" Perhaps that was a small fib. She wasn't doing alright, but she was breathing and walking and finally grooming herself and trying to continue her life again, she would consider that a step in the right direction, at least. She was still trying to make a decision about what to do about her maternal, protective feelings towards the young molly, but that didn't mean she couldn't still be... normal. Even if she was nervous and confused and totally lost.

Chuckling softly as the deputy gave Springpaw the same answer he had given her, the queen settled down, relaxing slightly, eyes darting upwards as the ache in her heart throbbed prominently. Are you watching over me, Echokit, baby? Are you comfortable up there? She wasn't exactly all the way sure what to talk about, so she instead just awaited Springpaw's response, and she assumed they could just go off of that. Hopefully. She truly was terrible at smalltalk.

[ @ares @valery ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old June 10th, 2023, 03:25 AM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

A short, wry smile drew across Springpaw’s face as she listened to Alderstep’s response, her ear twitching slightly. She couldn’t blame him for responding like that, in all honesty. Being a new rank wasn’t easy, and it definitely wasn’t simple to grow accustomed towards. Even Springpaw could understand that. She had the intentions of responding to the tom, yet her focus quickly switched over towards Dovefluff when she had asked how she was doing. Her smile quickly became more upright as the calico molly nodded her head, purring out her response. “I’ve been doing okay, Bumblestar just got done speaking with me and Drizzlecloud about what she expected from us since we are the new medicine cats.” She explained, glancing at Dovefluff while she spoke.

“In all honesty? It’s weird how I was picked to become the next medicine cat apprentice. I was honestly expecting a cat like Goldenpaw or Hazelpaw to be picked, not me. But… I guess life has its quirks and doesn’t exactly go out in the way that you expect it to go out.” Springpaw explained, quickly giving a short roll of her shoulders. It was true, really. The initial fact that she had been chosen was strange and somewhat weird. Springpaw didn’t have any special qualities about her, she was just… a normal cat. That was it. ”Other than that, I had been planning to go visit Roseraven to see if she could help lend a paw in the medicine den. I don’t know what herbs is which and I’m sure Drizzlecloud would appreciate the gesture of her helping us grow used to our ranks.”

@valery @jupiter [crappy post, but I’m tired and I’m gonna be busy today so I had to toss this one out]

Last edited by iliri; June 10th, 2023 at 03:25 AM.