Today 09:49 PM

Old December 12th, 2022, 01:36 AM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkclaws View Post
Darkpaw

Darkpaw lingered at the edge of the den that belonged to the clan's leader. He had decided after the meeting that he would speak to Dawnstar about potentially aiding in the training of the kits. He had already begun showing a couple of the kits a few techniques to fill in some of the time he had where he wasn't doing anything (currently in the works). Now Dawnstar was offering full-on training lessons to the young ones and he absolutely could not let this opportunity go to waste. He was going to show that he still had much to offer to the clan, that he could be of some use unlike many of the other cats who had become stagnant and lazy.

Steeling himself, the large apprentice padded confidently into the den. The sight that lay before him truly was something he would've never expected. Pelts of what appeared to be other cats littered the floor. By the stars was that a stain from dried blood? Darkpaw blinked and tore his eyes from what looked like something straight out of a nightmare to the massive shape of the cat who resided here.

"Hello Dawnstar," The tom greeted with a respectful dip of his head. Even though he didn't always agree with how she handled things, she was still a cat worthy of respect. "I apologize for the intrusion but I wish to speak to you about the new curriculum for the kits," he said carefully, he hoped that she wouldn't get the wrong idea. "I wish to have a bigger part in helping our clan get an edge over the others and as such, I ask that I may help with Basic Hunting training." The black tabby had rehearsed these lines over and over prior to coming in, hoping to get them perfect. He chose this particular training because he was confident in his abilities as a hunter, having learned (somewhat brutally) from Cougarivy.

Her mood remains foul not even a light excursion outside of camp managed to put her in a fair mindset. So upon returning to her den, she found herself pestered by cats. She couldn't even get upset with it considering that she had urged them to reach out to her for the kit curriculum. Huffing, the mountainous feline got comfy in her nest of pelts and got to work. Darkpaw, surprisingly enough, was the first to arrive, as he gawked at her collection she tips her massive head trying to recall if she had said anything about apprentices doing the training or if he had come to bother her about something else.

The glowing amber eyes returned to tom when he finally tore his gaze away and refocused on whatever task he came here for. She didn't care much for pleasantries but managed an ear twitch in reply to the greeting. When he finally gets around to the point of the disturbance she relaxes the minor tension in her muscular physique when he does speak about the training for the kits. "Well, normally I'd say no since you are still a Paw, but you seemed to be rather responsible at least when it comes to kits, and you are one of the older apprentices so I suppose having you take care of Basics wouldn't hurt. Alright, I'll allow it. You better immediately inform me if any problems arise, and do not teach them beyond the basics, crouching, stalking and pouncing." Dawnstar growled warningly yet dismissingly if he had no further questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfern View Post
Flamecall padded up to the Leader’s den, head held high, but not in a cocky way, only in a way that made them appear as if they knew what they were doing.
Flamecall wasn’t too excellent with little furballs, but they thought that giving lessons would be a good thing, something at least a little fun for them to do, as well as benefit others, of course.
They poked their head in the entrance, not wanting to march into the den like they owned the place,
“Dawnstar? Are you in there? I’d like to discuss potentially taking on the teaching of Clan Etiquette for the kits?” They meowed, their watery blue eyes sparkling with interest, “I think I would be a good fit for the role of teacher.”
(My next reply with be longer and more detailed, but I wanted to jump on this because I think it would be fun!)
@Undertaker

Since the leader was already up and expecting, she looked slightly less irked as the next cat stepped into her den, a tall orange and white tabby. Unlike some, Flamecall decided to remain slightly outside her den instead of fully stepping in. A low growl came from the dark den in response to her whereabouts.

"If you are certain you can teach them properly, then you may serve as a teacher," Dawnstar grunted after a moment of silence. "ShadowClan is a problem as is, it's bad enough that I have to worry about the warriors, the less embarrassment the kits bring the better. I don't want them acting soft, Flamecall, but I don't need them causing unnecessary trouble either. They better learn etiquette befitting of a ShadowClan cat." Dawnstar was going to be a bit touchy about etiquette since it revolved around teaching the kits how to act around the other clans.

She didn't want them bowing their heads to the other clans regardless of who it was they were meeting, the only cats that needed respect were the ones that Dawnstar said to respect or the ones that earned their respect. Still, that didn't mean she wanted them running around acting like cocky, arrogant, featherbrains. Unless there was anything else, the leader's tail lifted itself ready to dismiss the warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
Mountaingrowl | she/her | @Undertaker she has incredibly sensitive eyes as a result of her scars (especially in regards to light levels), so if you were wondering about certain aspects that should provide someee insight

It was fair to say the huge she-cat's curiosity was piqued but the idea of having a training curriculum for kits. Honestly, she was surprised something like that hadnt been implemented already. Warriors and apprentices alike already trained some kits in basic hunting poses or fighting moves, and in some cases that seemed to do wonders for their future as a warrior. And, well, it seemed others thought the same, judging by the reaction to the announcement.

As she poked her head into the entrance of Dawnstars den, her eyes slowly eased open. It took barely any time for her eyes to adjust once more, pupils dilating slightly in the shadows of the den. "Dawnstar, may I enter" she spoke up, "I was looking to ask about the kit curriculum"

And arrive the third cat. While waiting for the next cat to arrive, the monstrous-sized feline had taken to dragging her claws down the stone walls of her den as a means to sharpen them. One of her ears was angled towards the opening of her den to keep track of any paw steps that drew closer than the customary tail-lengths. She didn't have to wait long before someone padded closer. She dropped down back onto all fours and pads over to the nest of pelts, taking a seat there.

A scarred black head peeks into her den, Mountaingrowl. Dawnstar couldn't say who she was expecting, but it certainly hadn't been her. "Come in," She replies in a rough rasp. She takes to lifting up a paw and turning the unsheathed hooks towards her so she could clean any stone dust off them. Once Mountaingrowl fully enters she lifts a single amber eye in the warrior's direction. "Speak," she orders. If she wanted to teach something she better know what, Dawnstar didn't like uncertainty in anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Roanpaw
So it had been a rather explosive meeting, and though Roanpaw had not exactly participated he had still bore witness to his grandmother's temper. It may have petrified other cats but the young tom simply found it awe-inspiring. Regal, powerful, commanding... the leader was everything that the young tom aspired to be. Not that anyone knew it though, what with his often monotone voice, one word answers, and uncanny ability to stare at others without blinking (he found that he really didn't need to).

"Here." Announcing his arrival at the den in a rather unorthodox way, the growing-by-the-day tom padded in as if he lived there alongside the fearsome leader. Green eyes glowed in the dim lighting as they sought out his grandmother, locating her soon after. He came to a halt before her and sat down, staring up at her in his typical Roanpaw-style. He couldn't quiet tell what she was thinking or what she would do seeing him here, but she was still the only cat which he felt totally comfortable around.

"Hunt?" One word as usual, but a single claw lifted to point towards the scattered pelts around Dawnstar's den. He could tell that while some of them were predators, others belonged to cats and something about it... intrigued him. A gleam in his eyes as he brought his gaze back to his grandmother, wondering if that was something she would want to do. He'd never removed a pelt before.

[ @Undertaker ]

Her favorite creep of an apprentice was visiting, or at least that was what she was assuming he was doing here. The golden eyes trailed the fluffy tom as stepped into her line of sight and announced his arrival in his odd one-word mannerism. She didn't bother with a greeting back, more curious as to why he was here. It was unlikely that Dawnstar would ever mind Roanpaw's presence, he wasn't Redshrike, but he resembled the tom's personality close enough that Dawnstar favored him more than most. Still, she didn't shake off the feeling that he was here for something since Dawnstar didn't particularly like wasting time.

Green and amber met as Roanpaw abruptly plopped himself down in front of her and stared. He seemed to be looking for something, for what or why she hadn't the faintest clue. She just wanted to know why he was here. The silence stretched on for quite a bit, not overly uncomfortable or awkward. Eventually, their little staring contest ends as Roanpaw points out her collection. His question was rather broad and open-ended leaving Dawnstar to guess what he wanted.

"If you're asking to go hunting, later, as much fun as it would be I'm busy with stupid stuff at the moment." The hiss that tapered off near the end spoke loudly of how displeased she was with life at the moment. She'd feel better once ShadowClan proved they could take care of themselves once more without her constant input. She was their leader, not their mother. "It's a pity that Grimhound disappeared, otherwise I would send you off with him. He could have taught you how to skin a cat." She huffed softly, swishing her tail back and forth lazily behind her.

"Since it interests you, I'll add skinning to your training requirements, we can practice on prey first. Once you get the hang of it I'll take you out to hunt outsiders or trespassers, whichever we find first. I don't want you soft when it comes to the real deal so I properly make sure you know how to kill a cat." The leader relaxes immensely as she goes over the tom's training. She should probably go and take out the other grandkids as well and make sure they are actually fitting to be called her kin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Shadowfur always felt nervous to enter Dawnstar’s den. Even though the hulking molly had given the Clan permission to speak further with her about the new kit curriculum, he still felt like he was going to become her latest pelt as soon as he stepped into her den.

Taking a deep breath, the tom stuck his head into Dawnstar’s den. The whole den seemed to be covered in the pelts of prey, predators, and cats. A gruesome sight, for sure. Shadowfur understood the appeal many ShadowClan cats found in such an activity; even he didn’t mind taking a pelt or two now and again. Yet, Dawnstar’s collection was so massive that it worsened the Enforcer’s uneasiness.

“Dawnstar?” he began, keeping his voice strong. “I’ve come to volunteer to teach one of the kit lessons. Whichever one you feel would best suit me, and that’s still available. I’m not picky.”

( @Undertaker )

Back to business. Dawnstar jerks her head up as her ears alert her to the incoming clanmate. Yawning softly, she dips her head to grab the skull she had been gnawing on for no particular reason and dropped it back over with the rest of the bones and snake skin that had been gifted to her. She returns to her bedding of pelts and lifts her ears attentively as one of her newest enforcers dips his head inside. If she noticed his uneasiness she made no comment on it. He'd learn sooner or later that unless he was actively irritating her or causing trouble, Dawnstar did not spontaneously lash out... anymore.

Still, her temper and quick execution style remained part of her reputation thanks to her earlier somewhat naive way of leading. Granted, she'd still kill cats regardless of age or gender and was still a merciless "tyrant" who ruled her clan with an iron paw, but cats had to admit that she wasn't as bad as she was seasons ago. So long as Shadowfur minded himself, he had nothing to fear from here. The leader frowned heavily when Shadowfur spoke about the kit curriculum, she didn't mind that he wanted to teach something, but he didn't seem to know what he wanted to do and that is what annoyed her.

"You should be picky as well as be aware of what you want in life. I'm not a big fan of uncertainty in my clan." Dawnstar's tone was chastising as if she were teaching a naive kit a lesson. In Shadowfur's case, it was some food for thought. "If you can't decide what you want to do with small things, how am I supposed to trust you to make decisions or opinions regarding others." She stares sharply at Shadowfur for a long moment and then sighs, "if you can't figure out what you want to do figure out what you're good at and tell me what you want to teach." Dawnstar was really tired to think for her cats if the situation wasn't dire or it was not called for, they gave her headaches. Some basic common sense would go a long way.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and her kits currently reside in her den, enter and she may maim or kill you. She has a closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old December 12th, 2022, 02:11 AM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Flamecall beamed when Dawnstar said they could teach the course, and a slight bit of tension that had been gathering between their shoulders relaxed.
“Oh, excellent,” Flamecall purred ears pricking up, “Don’t worry, I’m not soft, and neither will they be. I understand that our current generation of Warriors is a little…” They searched for the word, not wanting to use one that might upset Dawnstar for whatever reason, “…arrogant, but I believe I can nip that in the bud with the kits. Thankfully, furballs tend to be very impressionable, so I’m sure that they’ll be straightening up and flying right soon enough. Will there be any specific events being held for the teaching, or am I supposed to orchestrate the lessons myself and then report back to you?” They asked, wanting to fully understand what they’d be doing before they went back out, since they didn’t want to inadvertently mess something up.
They stepped a little more into the den, as they were attempting to get information right now, and they thought it would be weird to just linger in the threshold the entire time. They couldn’t help their watery blue eyes from drifting towards the collection of pelts, their own pelt crawling at the very sight. They snapped their eyes back to Dawnstar, ignoring the prickles that were running along their spine.
@Undertaker
Old December 12th, 2022, 12:47 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkpaw

Slinking over to the opening of Dawnstar's den, Larkpaw paused briefly to examine the outside, amber hues flicking over the entrance. That, and because she was pretty sure the colossal Shadow Queen was busy, since Lark had witnessed multiple cats going in and out. A rational part of her brain couldn't help but want to turn away, as at this point, entering the den branched out in so many possibilities. The worst of which being that she could end up mutilated on the floor, and the best walking out without a single hair on her pelt harmed. Perhaps the lithe grey she-cat was just overthinking, but her mind worked with a certain process, calculating outcomes at a speed that could be hard to keep up with at times.

With a shrug, Larkpaw kept her gaze trained at the newest cat who'd just ducked out of Dawnstar's den, and then advanced herself, pawsteps silent against the ground. Mutely, she was aware at the sensation of fear pricking at her mind, gnawing away at the back of her mind. But it didn't matter. Only a fool would not be scared of ShadowClan's leader. Pride and confidence only resulted in death. "Dawnstar." Lark called, stepping into the den. She could have made the name a question, but why bother when said cat was clearly in here. It was rather dark, but Larkpaw had no difficulty picking out the shape of her oversized leader. "I know you didn't mention it in the meeting, but if it's possible, I'd like to teach a Night Class of sorts. For kits to become more aware of how to move about the forest at night."

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar ]

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old December 12th, 2022, 06:02 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: two days for time-sensitive, five days all other including VMs/DMs
My Mood: Confused

Shadowfur’s whiskers twitched. Fair enough. “I think I’d be best suited at teaching etiquette, since I don’t care to deal with any senseless crap or blatant disrespect. But if someone else has already claimed that job, I can teach the warrior code. And if every single lesson has already been claimed, then I’ll teach them life skills instead. How to build a nest, how to collect moss, how to patch up a den. We don’t need any more clueless warriors leaving holes in our dens or apprentices bringing crappy moss back for the queens.”

That should be specific enough, he thought. In his mind, any role in a Clan shouldn’t just be a free for all anyone who asked nicely could have. It should be assigned deliberately, to the best cat for the job. Any cat, including himself, could walk up to Dawnstar and give some speech about why they should teach this or that. It didn’t necessarily mean they were the best for the job. Regardless, Shadowfur understood her desire to see how her Clanmates thought of themselves, and who would bother stepping up. Shadowfur felt he was the ideal cat to teach etiquette or the warrior code, but it was Dawnstar’s job to know all her cats better than anyone else.

( @Undertaker )
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old December 22nd, 2022, 02:41 AM
Moonraven's brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfern View Post
Flamecall beamed when Dawnstar said they could teach the course, and a slight bit of tension that had been gathering between their shoulders relaxed.
“Oh, excellent,” Flamecall purred ears pricking up, “Don’t worry, I’m not soft, and neither will they be. I understand that our current generation of Warriors is a little…” They searched for the word, not wanting to use one that might upset Dawnstar for whatever reason, “…arrogant, but I believe I can nip that in the bud with the kits. Thankfully, furballs tend to be very impressionable, so I’m sure that they’ll be straightening up and flying right soon enough. Will there be any specific events being held for the teaching, or am I supposed to orchestrate the lessons myself and then report back to you?” They asked, wanting to fully understand what they’d be doing before they went back out, since they didn’t want to inadvertently mess something up.
They stepped a little more into the den, as they were attempting to get information right now, and they thought it would be weird to just linger in the threshold the entire time. They couldn’t help their watery blue eyes from drifting towards the collection of pelts, their own pelt crawling at the very sight. They snapped their eyes back to Dawnstar, ignoring the prickles that were running along their spine.
@Undertaker

Dawnstar twitched an tattered ear as Flamecall did their best to reassure her that they wouldn't turn her clan's kits into spineless kittypets. The current generation of warriors in ShadowClan were disappointments. Well, not all of them, but more and more were slowly making the ShadowClan leader wonder if some of these idiotic actually had the blood of a ShadowClan cat within them. Dawnstar was done taking the blame for the current state of ShadowClan's stupidity, she could only lead them so far before they had to start taking responsibility for themselves.

"Set up the lessons yourself, as you please, and you don't need to report to me unless any problems arise," Dawnstar told him, eyes briefly following the ginger cat's eyes to the pelts she had. She caught the slight unease in their gaze, but the warrior quickly flung their eyes back to meet her own which glimmered with a small hint of amusement. Skinning wasn't for every ShadowClan cat, so she refrained from mocking the warrior. "Anything else?" She questioned with a yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Larkpaw

Slinking over to the opening of Dawnstar's den, Larkpaw paused briefly to examine the outside, amber hues flicking over the entrance. That, and because she was pretty sure the colossal Shadow Queen was busy, since Lark had witnessed multiple cats going in and out. A rational part of her brain couldn't help but want to turn away, as at this point, entering the den branched out in so many possibilities. The worst of which being that she could end up mutilated on the floor, and the best walking out without a single hair on her pelt harmed. Perhaps the lithe grey she-cat was just overthinking, but her mind worked with a certain process, calculating outcomes at a speed that could be hard to keep up with at times.

With a shrug, Larkpaw kept her gaze trained at the newest cat who'd just ducked out of Dawnstar's den, and then advanced herself, pawsteps silent against the ground. Mutely, she was aware at the sensation of fear pricking at her mind, gnawing away at the back of her mind. But it didn't matter. Only a fool would not be scared of ShadowClan's leader. Pride and confidence only resulted in death. "Dawnstar." Lark called, stepping into the den. She could have made the name a question, but why bother when said cat was clearly in here. It was rather dark, but Larkpaw had no difficulty picking out the shape of her oversized leader. "I know you didn't mention it in the meeting, but if it's possible, I'd like to teach a Night Class of sorts. For kits to become more aware of how to move about the forest at night."

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar ]

With the dismissal of the next cat, Dawnstar was slowly noticing the number of cats slowly to more a trickle which meant she was almost done with ensuring that every lesson had an educator to handle it. She didn't get to rest long as her ears surged in the direction of the next incoming paw steps. The steps themselves were near silent, but the clan leader had lived her whole life in a clan full of cats who were taught to wear the shadows and silence like a second pelt. She learned how to listen to the silence.

It was the gray and brown she-cat who was slowly itching her way into being one of Dawnstar's more favorable cats. Dawnstar wouldn't say she had an inner circle, her mother had one and she had been in it, yet it didn't last long. So many members went missing that Dawnstar learned not to bother with making groups or circles, she knew which cats she could count on to get whatever tasks she needed to be done and which weren't. It wasn't all that hard to get into the leader's good graces, its not like Dawnstar asked for much at all. Just don't upset her and stick around and you were pretty much golden.

"A night class?" The leader repeated after Larkpaw's meow. She tossed around the idea in her head. Sadly, today's shadowclanner seemed rather lost in the darkness. That or they lumbered around without the grace and skill she was taught the ShadowClan was to possess in the darkness. Training kits to move around the dark might help more with that. "I'll allow it, I don't want you roaming around the territory aimlessly so you can bring them to the Moonlit Grove and back. If you can teach them how to be silent and to move with care, I could do with fewer cats running into trees at night and giving ShadowClan a terrible name." Dawnstar huffed, hoping that class would help kick start stealth training, learning how to blend into the shadows could be learned during apprentice training. "Also, bring a warrior with you, just in case there is something lurking around at night."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Shadowfur’s whiskers twitched. Fair enough. “I think I’d be best suited at teaching etiquette, since I don’t care to deal with any senseless crap or blatant disrespect. But if someone else has already claimed that job, I can teach the warrior code. And if every single lesson has already been claimed, then I’ll teach them life skills instead. How to build a nest, how to collect moss, how to patch up a den. We don’t need any more clueless warriors leaving holes in our dens or apprentices bringing crappy moss back for the queens.”

That should be specific enough, he thought. In his mind, any role in a Clan shouldn’t just be a free for all anyone who asked nicely could have. It should be assigned deliberately, to the best cat for the job. Any cat, including himself, could walk up to Dawnstar and give some speech about why they should teach this or that. It didn’t necessarily mean they were the best for the job. Regardless, Shadowfur understood her desire to see how her Clanmates thought of themselves, and who would bother stepping up. Shadowfur felt he was the ideal cat to teach etiquette or the warrior code, but it was Dawnstar’s job to know all her cats better than anyone else.

( @Undertaker )

As Shadowfur gave a more specific answer to her question, relaying that he didn't mind handling etiquette and the warrior code, Dawnstar was debating on letting him teach Clan relations or the warrior code, she had only taken those classes since no cat had come to request them. She could also place him on etiquette training since extra cats handling the training for each lesson would probably speed the training along. However, those ideas were tossed aside as he mentioned something she hadn't thought of. Life skills, unfortunately when kits become apprentices they normally had to be taught how to rebuild or fix dens, how to gather moss, how to rid elders of ticks, and basic apprentice duties that shouldn't need to be taught but were because they never learned as kits.

"I forgot that no one teaches them how to do that as kits," She muttered aloud to herself. "I'll set up a new training course, you'll be in charge of teaching kits how to handle basic apprentice duties. It will save their mentors time and energy not having to teach them stuff like where to gather material to patch dens, how to patch dens, and so on." Dawnstar meowed basic apprentice skills that were usually carried and used as they grew into warriors and so on.

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and her kits currently reside in her den, enter and she may maim or kill you. She has a closed den policy.
Old December 22nd, 2022, 10:03 AM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Flamecall gave Dawnstar her time to speak before they dared say anything else, as was polite. So, when they’d ascertained that Dawnstar was finished, they spoke again,
“Alright, thank you,” He meowed, ducking their head respectfully, “Though, hopefully, no problems should arise,” They added, thinking, “But of course, any will be reported to you.”
They shook their head when Dawnstar asked them if there was anything else that they needed to add,
“No, Dawnstar, that will be all,” They replied, kneading one of their paws into the dirt for a moment, “I’ll get out of your fur.”
Then, they turned to leave.
@Undertaker
Old December 22nd, 2022, 06:49 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkpaw

Grey ears flicked in Dawnstar's direction as the massive leader's voice reached her. The apprentice's mouth stayed sealed shut for the duration that her leader spoke, because after all, it wouldn't do for her to speak over Dawnstar like an idiot. On top of that, Larkpaw wasn't much a fan of speaking bluntly without putting proper thought behind her words. It just made someone look stupid. And that, she refused to be called. Never again.

Amber hues refocused on Dawnstar as she finished speaking. On the bright side, she had agreed. Agreed to let Larkpaw teach a night class as long as she took a warrior with her, which entirely made sense. Lark was no fool, and neither was her leader. Taking kits out into the territory without added supervision would only end in chaos. Larkpaw was not so stuck-up that she'd refuse to ask for help and endanger kittens. Seriously, cats who thought they could accomplish huge and impossible goals without help were out of their minds. Thankfully, teaching Lark about the harshness of reality was another thing Fablespinner had had the backbone to do. It didn't make their relationship any better, but if there was one thing Lark could thank her mother for, it was survival. Survival out here on her own, without those lime eyes to constantly stare over her shoulder.

"I'll see to it." Larkpaw affirmed, amber orbs locking back onto her leader, one of the many reasons to this sudden refocus being because she'd just managed to locate one of the many cat hides littering Dawnstar's den. Sure.. it was impressive, in a way, but Lark herself would never be able to have pelt ghosts floating around her head at all times. Her thoughts switched briefly to the one time she'd been to Moonlit Grove to linger. To bury Fallenpaw. But oh well, Larkpaw knew the way, so it didn't matter how many times she hadn't and had been there. "Certainly it shouldn't be too hard to bully a ShadowClan warrior into coming with me." And with that simple sentence, which was somehow meant to be some sort of joke, Lark turned and made for the exit.

But she paused at the threshold, as a new thought had suddenly occurred. Pivoting quickly in place and searching Dawnstar's expression for any hint of irritation, because who knew, the Shadow Queen's patience could be wearing thin by now, if Lark took up too much time. "I have one more question." Briefly inclining her head, the grey damsel continued. She really had a question, after all, and not asking it was useless. Questions needed answers to be complete. "I've finished all my training, but don't know what to do now. Actually, let me be straight, I need someone to take my assessment. It's what I heard from a warrior anyway; that you need an assessment to become a warrior."

Perhaps she was being too brash. Too pushy with the leader by asking her for a teaching position, and then for an assessment when maybe she needed to earn it somehow. How would Larkpaw know, anyway? She had a genuine question that required answers. Worse come to worse, Dawnstar would get annoyed with her and perhaps even do something drastic like demote her back to kithood... which would be very much humiliating, but she was probably overthinking it again. Tail swishing back and forth behind her, Larkpaw fell silent, awaiting a response and mentally noting that she was still standing in the doorway, in case she needed to bolt for any reason (who knew what Dawnstar was thinking? Lark didn't. because seriously, you can't fight a cat like that and come out alive).

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar | I will admit, I got a little carried away typing this, whoops. It wasn't meant to be this long. :,) Dawnstar is amazing though, I cannot help it ]

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old December 26th, 2022, 05:41 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: two days for time-sensitive, five days all other including VMs/DMs
My Mood: Confused

Shadowfur nodded. To be honest, he was glad to be teaching life skills. Too many cats got their warrior names with zero clue how to make a proper nest or patch holes in a den. Some took the time to learn, while others just assumed that everyone else would do it for them. He was sure not every kit would opt for his lessons, but perhaps some would see the value. Regardless, battle and hunting skills were probably more exciting.

Rising, he dipped his head in a farewell. “I understand. I’ll see to it that the kits I teach are taught properly, so perhaps we can have fewer instances of silly mistakes that warriors should know better than to do.”

With that, he began to head out of her den. Shadowfur figured Dawnstar wasn’t the type to like idle chit chat.

( @Undertaker )
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old December 28th, 2022, 10:32 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

[ @Undertaker - I do apologise for the tardiness of this, but felt Night should still pop by Dawn before commencing anything within the curriculum ]

Finally let out of quarantine and newly returned to her duties, the young white molly had not missed news of the new curriculum, among other things. It was surprising how even without having to specifically ask, information was easily gathered in bits and bops by hearing simple conversation between others within the clan; through the grapevine, if you will. And that would exactly be how Nightshiver first learned of the enforcer apprentice, for instance, and the curriculum. And that one should come to see the imposing leader if wanting to lend a paw. While the now former queen was well aware of the.. Protectiveness Dawnstar had around her den, and she didn't intend on ever intruding but rather respect the boundaries, it is still where she and others had been pointed to when it came to the aforementioned matter.

Which is what brought the white lady here, nervous as she felt, knowing full well Dawnstar wouldn't appreciate that much. Clearly enough she remember her last 'conversation' with the ShadowClan leader but try she might Nightshiver couldn't help feeling at least a little intimidated. And entering the den felt as though she was entering the leader's personal space, something she daren't ever do. Still, she had to remind herself: Dawnstar was kind... In her own, strange way. Or at least, she could be. Either way, Nightshiver hadn't seen much of any cruelty from her recently, if at all in the past moons (excluding the ones she was missing). Dawnstar had been so kind as to let her return to ShadowClan and only sought the clan's protection when they had to evacuate to the Hidden Haven. As scary as the large leader might appear, there was no denying she had ShadowClan's better interest; at least, that's what Nightshiver had come to hope and believe for the biggest part. And although she still found herself intimidated in face of her, the thought was strangely calming in face of having to speak to her. So, the molly reminded herself of that. Of the good and mostly non-bad Dawnstar had done up until now, slowing the beat of her head to a calmer pace. It would be fine. All she wanted to do was offer help anyway, despite the leader's recent irritation (which, from what she heard, was understandable in some senses) help couldn't be something that might waken her fury. That would make little sense, the white molly concluded.

By this time, the pale furred feline found herself near the den's entrance. She was beginning to think the den may be equally intimidating as the leader herself, though Nightshiver banned that thought with a breath in to allow herself to speak.
"d...Dawnstar? Ma..may I... ssee you.., please?"
That was polite enough, right? Spoken was spoken, and patiently the lady waited for permission from the dark leader to enter her abode. Nightshiver wouldn't enter, nor speak, until permission was given. Though when finally she could, feeling a bit unnerved by the pelts lining the leader's nest, she refocussed her mismatched eyes on the presence within the den and opted to get straight to the point: the curriculum. Or her wanting to help, more precisely.
"I.. heard... of the.. curriculum, and... was.. ho-hoping to... could... help. I.. could... per..perhaps.. take on.. the his-history.. seg..ment?"
It felt the most, well, correct. Although she hadn't trained many, ShadowClan's history was something she liked to include within training, at least a little. So hopefully this was one way she could aid her clan in a better manner, and more. She wanted to do more, do better. She didn't.. want to fail them.

Old December 29th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Moonraven's brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Larkpaw

Grey ears flicked in Dawnstar's direction as the massive leader's voice reached her. The apprentice's mouth stayed sealed shut for the duration that her leader spoke, because after all, it wouldn't do for her to speak over Dawnstar like an idiot. On top of that, Larkpaw wasn't much a fan of speaking bluntly without putting proper thought behind her words. It just made someone look stupid. And that, she refused to be called. Never again.

Amber hues refocused on Dawnstar as she finished speaking. On the bright side, she had agreed. Agreed to let Larkpaw teach a night class as long as she took a warrior with her, which entirely made sense. Lark was no fool, and neither was her leader. Taking kits out into the territory without added supervision would only end in chaos. Larkpaw was not so stuck-up that she'd refuse to ask for help and endanger kittens. Seriously, cats who thought they could accomplish huge and impossible goals without help were out of their minds. Thankfully, teaching Lark about the harshness of reality was another thing Fablespinner had had the backbone to do. It didn't make their relationship any better, but if there was one thing Lark could thank her mother for, it was survival. Survival out here on her own, without those lime eyes to constantly stare over her shoulder.

"I'll see to it." Larkpaw affirmed, amber orbs locking back onto her leader, one of the many reasons to this sudden refocus being because she'd just managed to locate one of the many cat hides littering Dawnstar's den. Sure.. it was impressive, in a way, but Lark herself would never be able to have pelt ghosts floating around her head at all times. Her thoughts switched briefly to the one time she'd been to Moonlit Grove to linger. To bury Fallenpaw. But oh well, Larkpaw knew the way, so it didn't matter how many times she hadn't and had been there. "Certainly it shouldn't be too hard to bully a ShadowClan warrior into coming with me." And with that simple sentence, which was somehow meant to be some sort of joke, Lark turned and made for the exit.

But she paused at the threshold, as a new thought had suddenly occurred. Pivoting quickly in place and searching Dawnstar's expression for any hint of irritation, because who knew, the Shadow Queen's patience could be wearing thin by now, if Lark took up too much time. "I have one more question." Briefly inclining her head, the grey damsel continued. She really had a question, after all, and not asking it was useless. Questions needed answers to be complete. "I've finished all my training, but don't know what to do now. Actually, let me be straight, I need someone to take my assessment. It's what I heard from a warrior anyway; that you need an assessment to become a warrior."

Perhaps she was being too brash. Too pushy with the leader by asking her for a teaching position, and then for an assessment when maybe she needed to earn it somehow. How would Larkpaw know, anyway? She had a genuine question that required answers. Worse come to worse, Dawnstar would get annoyed with her and perhaps even do something drastic like demote her back to kithood... which would be very much humiliating, but she was probably overthinking it again. Tail swishing back and forth behind her, Larkpaw fell silent, awaiting a response and mentally noting that she was still standing in the doorway, in case she needed to bolt for any reason (who knew what Dawnstar was thinking? Lark didn't. because seriously, you can't fight a cat like that and come out alive).

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar | I will admit, I got a little carried away typing this, whoops. It wasn't meant to be this long. :,) Dawnstar is amazing though, I cannot help it ]

[Glad to see Dawn inspires!]

See this is why she liked this she-cat, she made things rather simple for Dawnstar. After Larkpaw agreed to handle the class and take another warrior with her, Dawnstar was expecting her to head out. But she paused instead, bringing news of her future assessment. Oh, it's been a while since ShadowClan's promoted a new warrior. If she was being truthful, Dawnstar was intrigued to see where the little furball she had accepted into the clan all that moons stood in terms of battle skill. However, unfortunately, Dawnstar had far to much on her paws right now to take on an assessment personally. She didn't want to promise to assess Larkpaw only to put it on hold because she had to deal with something else.

"Yes, all apprentices on the verge of warriorhood needed to be deemed fit to serve the clan as warriors with an assessment," Dawnstar grunted sinking her claws into the floor beneath her. Normally she'd tell Larkpaw to have Cougarivy or Vixensnarl assess her. But Cougarivy's been getting rounder over the moons, most likely with another batch of Elmshadow's offspring. As much as she adored Cougarivy like an aggravating little sister, Dawnstar would never understand her obsession with ShadowClan's medicine cat. Vixensnarl's had quite a bit of responsibility placed in her paws with handling patrols while Dawnstar tried to figure out who'd take over as deputy, she'd rather not add to such a task.

"Tell... Shadowfur that he's to evaluate you and report back to me once he's finished. It'll be a simple battle assessment, claws out since in a real fight pain can not be avoided so I don't see the need to avoid it during your test. If not him, then Sorrelflare could also assess you." The newest enforcer, Shadowfur, seemed to be angling to get a bit more responsibility considering how quick he was to try and overstep his rank by bossing cats around without informing his leader or commander of murderous situations. He was annoying but not completely useless, she might as well as put him to work. If he wanted the same trust and responsibility Dawnstar gave Vixensnarl and Cougarivy that allowed them virtually do as they please without her say so he'd need to earn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

[ @Undertaker - I do apologise for the tardiness of this, but felt Night should still pop by Dawn before commencing anything within the curriculum ]

Finally let out of quarantine and newly returned to her duties, the young white molly had not missed news of the new curriculum, among other things. It was surprising how even without having to specifically ask, information was easily gathered in bits and bops by hearing simple conversation between others within the clan; through the grapevine, if you will. And that would exactly be how Nightshiver first learned of the enforcer apprentice, for instance, and the curriculum. And that one should come to see the imposing leader if wanting to lend a paw. While the now former queen was well aware of the.. Protectiveness Dawnstar had around her den, and she didn't intend on ever intruding but rather respect the boundaries, it is still where she and others had been pointed to when it came to the aforementioned matter.

Which is what brought the white lady here, nervous as she felt, knowing full well Dawnstar wouldn't appreciate that much. Clearly enough she remember her last 'conversation' with the ShadowClan leader but try she might Nightshiver couldn't help feeling at least a little intimidated. And entering the den felt as though she was entering the leader's personal space, something she daren't ever do. Still, she had to remind herself: Dawnstar was kind... In her own, strange way. Or at least, she could be. Either way, Nightshiver hadn't seen much of any cruelty from her recently, if at all in the past moons (excluding the ones she was missing). Dawnstar had been so kind as to let her return to ShadowClan and only sought the clan's protection when they had to evacuate to the Hidden Haven. As scary as the large leader might appear, there was no denying she had ShadowClan's better interest; at least, that's what Nightshiver had come to hope and believe for the biggest part. And although she still found herself intimidated in face of her, the thought was strangely calming in face of having to speak to her. So, the molly reminded herself of that. Of the good and mostly non-bad Dawnstar had done up until now, slowing the beat of her head to a calmer pace. It would be fine. All she wanted to do was offer help anyway, despite the leader's recent irritation (which, from what she heard, was understandable in some senses) help couldn't be something that might waken her fury. That would make little sense, the white molly concluded.

By this time, the pale furred feline found herself near the den's entrance. She was beginning to think the den may be equally intimidating as the leader herself, though Nightshiver banned that thought with a breath in to allow herself to speak.
"d...Dawnstar? Ma..may I... ssee you.., please?"
That was polite enough, right? Spoken was spoken, and patiently the lady waited for permission from the dark leader to enter her abode. Nightshiver wouldn't enter, nor speak, until permission was given. Though when finally she could, feeling a bit unnerved by the pelts lining the leader's nest, she refocussed her mismatched eyes on the presence within the den and opted to get straight to the point: the curriculum. Or her wanting to help, more precisely.
"I.. heard... of the.. curriculum, and... was.. ho-hoping to... could... help. I.. could... per..perhaps.. take on.. the his-history.. seg..ment?"
It felt the most, well, correct. Although she hadn't trained many, ShadowClan's history was something she liked to include within training, at least a little. So hopefully this was one way she could aid her clan in a better manner, and more. She wanted to do more, do better. She didn't.. want to fail them.

[That's alright, I was wondering when she'd be visiting. ]
The ripped-up ears on the battle-scarred she-cat's head rose as a new tentative voice sounded loudly in her usually silent den. Out of habit, she growled softly and quieted it a moment later recognizing Nightshiver's pelt. Despite how long Dawnstar's known this cat, she still appeared to shake and tremble in fear at the sight of the leader. Nightshiver had been around during Icestar's reign, Dawnstar had watched her obtain her warrior name, and although she had vanished for some time, the clan leader's never had any reason to doubt the former queen's loyalty to her clan. Even before her leadership, as a warrior, Dawnstar had never done anything to warrant such fear from her clanmates, she's never hurt ShadowClan in any way or shape. Dawnstar did care about her clan and the cats in it in her own messed up, she hasn't killed anyone in a while.

If she wasn't such a timid little mouse, although Dawnstar didn't do friends, she wouldn't have minded keeping Nightshiver as another one of the few reliable members of her clan. Although, Dawnstar was pretty sure the little thing would faint if she remained for longer than a few minutes in her presents. That could be fun to test, but maybe not today. Nightshiver had come up with a proposition about the kit curriculum. If she was being honest she was hoping an elder or someone would take on the duty of history, but considering Nightshiver's history with the clan it did make sense for her to teach some of it. "Acceptable, I'll place you on as the history teacher." The large she-cat meowed after a moment's thought.