fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Lichenpaw
~<>~
14 moons || she/her || no purrks
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

"Lightningstorm..?" Lichenpaw calls out, poking her head into the medicine den. The herbal scents hit her at once and, under them, is the scents of cats, of hurt and grief. The sharp tang of blood that has been scrubbed clean sits like a thin blanket in the air and Lichenpaw has to blink a few times before she's able to push it out of mind. She didn't think readjusting to the smells of the Clan would take long, but after so long without them they're all suddenly overwhelming.

"Um, I wanted to ask about something? I don't... think it's hurting me? But the twolegs did something to me and I was wondering if you've seen it before? Or if you could... help pry them off maybe?" Her question is somewhat hesitant - there are other concerns more pressing than hers, and the fact she's taking up precious time is at the very forefront of her mind.

[ lightning <3 - @Alchemist Kitsune ]
Old June 4th, 2024, 09:31 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

Looking over her herbs, particularly curious over the coltsfoot she had just gotten, the healer's ears perked up, a familiar voice echoing down through her lonesome prison. Stars alive, she missed her mate. She understood why she had sent her to the nursery. And the lithe calico most certainly did not miss the constant bouts of sickness the strong smelling herbs provoked, but she still missed the warmth and love that had left alongside the sunshine colored she-cat she so loved. Needless to say, hearing a voice that was not only decidedly not hers, but a cat who openly distrusted her provided little more than a sigh of disappointment. One that was forgotten as her nose twitched, the telltale scent of infection permeating the air.

Instantly, her head came up, whiskers twitching with urgency. The scent wasn't chocking. Domineering. Leaving little room for anything else. It's subtlety did not allow her to relax, however, her training ingrained too deeply within her. All it took was a little infection before it all faded to darkness. Swiftly, Lightningstorm grabbed a few herbs, experience telling her which she would be needing before she so much as saw the patient prior to advancing to the entrance chamber, maw filled with herbs as she spotted Silverrose dragging Winterpaw alongside her. Before she dropped her medicine, she quirked a brow in the warrior's direction. A silent query as to what had happened. Gratefully, she didn't have to wait long for an answer.

Her differences with the tabby molly aside, she could always count on Silverrose for efficiency, no matter the task. Evidently, this time the task had involved one of Crowtooth's apprentices. Odd. The tom would never allow himself to get sloppy when it came to the care of one of the paw's he mentored. Which meant Winterpaw must have been hiding his injury quite well until it began to fester.

"Well not to steal your mentor's words love, but that was right bloody moronic," Lightningstorm stated bluntly, her gaze deadpanned as she dropped her herbs, gaze upon the crusty, old injury on his chest.

Time had certainly passed, and the injury had already begun healing on its own, but not even the stars could possibly know the side effects of a mink bite, and considering the look of it now, she believed she was safe to clearly state it was not good. If she had to guess, the tom was feverish... or would be soon. With well practiced ease, the spotted lass fetched the dark leaf she'd brought with her. Dandelion leaves at that. Good for pain, but also excellent for fever. She would much prefer to have borage for fever, but then, she would much prefer to have a patient that didn't wait a whole fox breathed moon to come check up with her in the first place. Must have caught whatever stubborness Poppyflower was afflicted with.

"Here. I want you to chew on this. Don't eat it, just... nibble on it for a while. Make sure to get all the juices out. It's not the best tasting herb out there, but it's manageable enough. It will help with your fever," the medicine cat stated before turning her attention to the herbs she'd brought along again.

Bringing her moss to the small stream that ran through her den, she humidified it before returning to Winterpaw, attempting to use the moss to help clean the infected injury from any residual bits of dust or debris that might be collected there. It was... not a pretty sight, and she could feel the heat radiating from the older injury. In earnest, it was a miracle it had not gotten worse, making her wonder if he had somehow reopened the injury recently as it was healing. A likely scenario, what with Crowtooth not seeming the type of mentor who would leave his apprentices to flounder alone, keeping them on their toes sharp with plenty of training. Satisfied she'd made the wound as clean as she could get it, she turned to a goldenrod she'd brought along, mashing it up with her recently cleaned paws on a stone she'd acquired during her apprenticeship, preferring to keep herbs out of her mouth when it came to poultice making... especially after the poisoner from before had gotten to seven cats using the clan's herbs as their chosen weapon. A crime she couldn't let go of, no matter how hard she tried.

Once more, making a motion to let the apprentice know she needed to get close to treat him, she attempted to slather the goldenrod poultice on his chest, preferring the herbs ability to help clean injuries once they were past the point of infection over the marigold, which was superior at helping prevent said infections in the first place. She was just grateful she had some left. The herbs got harder to find the closer they got to greenleaf. As she finished up, she hesitated, wondering if she should wrap the injury up. She had cobwebs, but there was no blood... and in earnest, she would rather the pus filled wound aired out while the poultice worked its magic. Hopefully the apprentice could be trusted more than a kit and he wouldn't be making it his mission to scratch away at the healing injury and rid himself of the medicine in the process. Come to think of it, perhaps a small warning wouldn't be a bad idea to begin with...

"I want that poultice to stay on. No scratching. No licking. I don't want you so much as looking at it. And I want you to get some nestrest. Infections are no laughing matter. I'll trust you to behave yourself if only because of how much faith Crowtooth has in you, but if I see you overexerting yourself or needing to have some bandages put on that wound of yours, I'll tie those pretty little legs of yours down with some ivy vines and drag you down to one of my patient nests faster than a rabbit flees."

@Estelle [Silverrose] | @zozelen [Winterpaw]
| If Winterpaw accepted the treatment and is all good, then he should be in bedrest until June 18th 11:59 PM EST, meaning he is excused from patrols and should not be doing any sort of training for that time while the infection goes down! Feel free to have him complain or converse with Lightningstorm if you wish, but if all treatment went through then this healing roleplay can be considered finished. My apologies for the quick wrap up. Life kicked my butt a bit and I am just now catching up to everything, and I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer for your character's healing. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios

Last edited by Alchemist Kitsune; June 4th, 2024 at 11:32 PM. Reason: One of these days I will get all the mentions right. Needless to say, today is not that day.
Old June 6th, 2024, 01:11 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Whisperinghive
Beefed Up T1 [ACTIVE] Survival Instincts[ACTIVE] Just a Scratch

Whisperinghive padded into the Medicine den, his tail still touching Dreamlight's shoulder to lead her in. "Lightningstorm! If you aren't busy, we need help. I think I'll be ok, but Dreamlight got attacked pretty good." The tom explained, his fur prickling with unease. Would the molly ever see again? His stomach dropped at the thought of blindness. Never seeing the world ever again...

He shook his head to get those thoughts out. Whisperinghive's priority was to get Dreamlight help. She needed it more than him.

@Moonraven @Alchemist Kitsune (Ignore how long I forgot to do this)

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn
Old June 9th, 2024, 07:54 AM

Bump Policy: Whenever im avalible
My Mood: Welcoming

Flowerheart walked into the den " Hi, my name is Flowerhart I wanted to know if I could be the medicine cat's apprentice?" Flowerheart sat down and waited for a response.
Old June 9th, 2024, 03:42 PM

Firewhisper ran into the den "Lightningstorm, Cranewhisper needs you shes having her litter right now and we need you to come quickly!"
@Alchemist Kitsune

Cranewhisper- @IDIOTICBEAN101

Last edited by ---Bluestar---; June 9th, 2024 at 03:42 PM.
Old June 9th, 2024, 06:52 PM

Flowerheart ran in with Frogkit "he needs help she was eating then a rat bone scraped the roof of his mouth and he is bleeding bad!" @PINTO BEAN @Alchemist Kitsune
Old June 10th, 2024, 08:53 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Dreamlight trailed in on an unsteady paw behind Whisperinghive, grateful for the tom's assistance. As it was, she had already bumped her nose into the wall and nearly fell flat on her face when the ground lurched downward underneath her. She had forgotten totally that the medicine den was underground. She took a seat as soon as they entered the den and were on solid ground, wanting to move as little as possible.

Her little bobtail wiggled uneasily behind her as she wished once again that she still had her long tail. At least with that her tail could feel out what was around her. Dreamlight strained her ears trying to listen for the medicine cat's paw steps so she didn't get startled when she got closer. Her whiskers flickered frantically as if trying to make up for her bobtail.

The deep laceration etched into the WindClan warrior's eyes was inflamed, yet the bleeding had stopped some time ago and now dry blood crusted the injuries and made opening the eyelids impossible. Under the lids, damage would be found on the lens and scarring would gradually blind the she-cat, something Dreamlight is slowly coming to accept. She was hoping that Lightingstorm would tell her something different, praying that it was only temporary.

The sharp scent of herbs had her sneezing as she sat in silence, head bowed toward the ground. She knew the news was going to be bad, it was always bad, but knowing and having someone else confirm it was a little scary. Small trembles began to shake her body the more he thought about it, the anticipation was nearly killing her.
@ChaosBringer. [Whisperinghive - Thank you!] @Alchemist Kitsune [Lightingstorm]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old June 11th, 2024, 09:15 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |
19 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

Oversized ears perked up at the sound of her name, coaxing her sharp features upwards. The medicine cat had been staying mostly at the edge of the den's entrance of late, uncertain of how to interact with the cats in the clan. She didn't really know them. Not anymore. But that wasn't a fact she wanted to make public until she knew more. Who knew... perhaps her memories would come back to her at some point. She was aware enough of the fact that she must have lost them somehow. One did not simply spawn in a den surrounded by cats that were obviously familiar with you without having had a life there before. Unfortunately, that put her at a bit of a disadvantage, and she figured that until she had enough knowledge on the situation she should tread with some caution, optimistic as she was of nothing going wrong. It hadn't so far, after all!

Today, however, was a lazy day. Her pink tongue had been working the area between her toes, a futile attempt to rid herself of the overbearing herbal scent being made. A medicine cat's job was never fully done, however, and there were never any off days. With pep in her step, Lightningstorm stood and stretched, her back arching pleasantly before she met up with the calico at the entrance's den. True to form, the feline seemed to know her... yet much as she tried to remember, she couldn't put a name to her face. In an attempt to mask her lack of familiarity, she offered a cheeky little grin, her head tilting to the side as she assessed the molly.

"Alright there, love? Well... course you're not. Wouldn't be here if you was, now would you?" she mewed, answering herself with a teasing roll of her eyes. "Now, what's this you want me to see? Come now, don't be shy."

@Neptune. [Lichenpaw]

Old June 12th, 2024, 08:00 AM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Lichenpaw
~<>~
14 moons || she/her || WindClan apprentice || honed skill [INACTIVE]
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

"It's... these," Lichenpaw answers, not quite catching how the medic didn't seem to recognize her, and holding out a paw with her claws flexed. On them, were bright pink caps of some kind, rendering them useless. On her littlest claw, the cover had fallen off already, though the others remained in place with steadfast determination.

"They're not... uncomfortable exactly, but I can't use my claws with them. And I've tried chewing them off, but that doesn't seem to be doing much of anything." Honestly, she just wants to know if they're going to kill her or not. Probably not, but if they are then she has her funeral to arrange. ...ok maybe not really but it's an anxious thought that has crossed her mind once or twice even if she doesn't really think there's any logic in it.

[ @Alchemist Kitsune ]
Old June 20th, 2024, 07:17 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---Bluestar--- View Post
Flowerheart walked into the den " Hi, my name is Flowerhart I wanted to know if I could be the medicine cat's apprentice?" Flowerheart sat down and waited for a response.

| Lightningstorm |
19 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

It had been one of the odder moments for the lithe calico, in which she found herself deep within her den instead of at the entrance, watching life go by within the clan. Her herb stores were well filled, and it filled her with much needed peace of mind to know as much. Still, some patrols would have to be sent soon, and even as she made note of cats whom she had noticed well enough by now to call on to for help in keeping the herb storage nice and filled, she realized she was still struggling with familiarity. With a sense of kinship. It shouldn't have been this hard considering she was a part of the clan, right?

An unfamiliar voice calls out inside the burrow, and Lightningstorm's ears perk up, her angular face turning towards the scant light offered by the den's entrance. Unceremoniously, she finishes organizing her herbs before she pads towards the large chamber that takes up most of the base of the tree, meeting face to face with a white furred molly. The molly is one she doesn't recognize, but that soon proves to be unimportant, as she states her name. Curious, none of the others ever state their name before her, and she understands this makes sense. They know each other from before. So all she can gather is that either this cat is new to the clan or an even bigger recluse than her. A recluse that... wants to be a medicine cat?

The healer can't help herself. A giggle escapes her, and soon her laughter rings and echoes across the tunnels of the den. She realizes she is the only one laughing, which does little to settle her amusement as she takes a deep breath, trying to compose herself. That... was certainly new. Hey, this might seem a bit odd, and we just met here, but here's my name, now give me herbal knowledge, ta. Or so it felt like to her. The she-cat had guts, she supposed. Certainly said what was on her mind. Unfortunately for her, the Oriental mix was neither impressed nor in the lookout for a cat to train, so there was little to do but turn her down.

"Sorry for the laugh, love, but you caught me proper out of guard there. I'll have to be honest with you, I am not in the lookout for an apprentice. I'm hardly in my retirement moons, now am I? Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to give you a pass. But you know... I'm sure there's plenty to do out there in the clan. Why don't you go right out and find something to do?" Lightningstorm mewed, twitching her tail gently as she signaled towards the den's entrance, letting Flowerheart know that she was free to leave.