Last post by Estelle
Today 08:26 PM

Old December 8th, 2022, 08:32 AM
Lover's Rock

Bump Policy: Every twenty-four hours.
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Mistycloud

“Huh? What are you sorry for..? It’s fine I just haven’t been able to grieve yet and it’s been several moons. If anything, I’m sorry you had to see me like this Antlerstreak,” Mistycloud sighed. She felt bad that a clanmate had to see her like this. Soon the tears stopped coming and she sat up to get a better look at the tom near her.

The molly opened her mouth and began to speak, “hmm, I guess we could sit here and talk for a bit. I think that might make me feel better. You can choose the topic.” Her blue eyes glanced at Antlerstreak. Mistycloud stretched for a moment because her muscles were beginning to feel stiff.

Mentions; [ @Willowfern ] Antlerstreak

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old December 9th, 2022, 10:13 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Antlerstreak’s expression softened at the molly’s words. Ah, so she was grieving someone, or multiple someones. Antlerstreak knew the feeling.
“You don’t have to apologize for expressing emotions,” Antlerstreak replied, not at all perturbed by her conduct. Everyone needed to be able to grieve, right? It wouldn’t be fair to make her hole all that up inside.
When she replied again, Antlerstreak found himself now in control of the conversation.
“Oh, alright then,” He meowed, thinking. He guessed that Mistycloud could probably see the gears turning in his head, “Do you… hm… do you have a favorite color?” He asked after a moment, saying the first thing that came to mind.
@Emo Rat
Old December 10th, 2022, 06:12 AM
Lover's Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfern View Post
Antlerstreak’s expression softened at the molly’s words. Ah, so she was grieving someone, or multiple someones. Antlerstreak knew the feeling.
“You don’t have to apologize for expressing emotions,” Antlerstreak replied, not at all perturbed by her conduct. Everyone needed to be able to grieve, right? It wouldn’t be fair to make her hole all that up inside.
When she replied again, Antlerstreak found himself now in control of the conversation.
“Oh, alright then,” He meowed, thinking. He guessed that Mistycloud could probably see the gears turning in his head, “Do you… hm… do you have a favorite color?” He asked after a moment, saying the first thing that came to mind.
@Emo Rat
Mistycloud

Mistycloud looked at Antlerstreak as he spoke again.

“I think it’s blue, what about you?” She asked the warrior next to her. Her blue eyes flickered around the scenery trying to study the pond while they spoke.

Apologies for the shortness i jsut woke up.

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old December 12th, 2022, 02:25 AM

Antlerstreak nodded, understanding completely why she liked blue so much,
“Blue is a beautiful color. To me, it represents sadness, but also calm, y’know? I think it’s my favorite color, too,” He meows conversationally, “Though, I think blue is a lot of cats in RiverClan’s favorite color,” He observed, looking into the pond, which rippled slightly as a leaf dropped into it from above, “Seeing as we live by water, which is blue, and all.”
He paused, thinking,
“Though, green is an excellent color, too. It’s like… new beginnings, and a representation of life. I know some equate yellow with happiness, but I see happiness as green, since I’m happiest in newleaf and greenleaf, when the leaves are green and the prey is plentiful, and you don’t have to worry about where or when your next meal will be.”
He stared around at the freezing Earth, trying to keep from frowning. Newleaf was a long way away, and leafbare was just beginning. Antlerstreak wondered how his kits would fare. Leafbare really wasn’t an ideal time to bring new lives into the world, now that he thought about it.
@Emo Rat
Old December 12th, 2022, 08:19 AM
Lover's Rock

Mistycloud

“Yeah, that is true. We do live by a lot of blue,” Mistycloud laughed. Her white fur puffed out as wind blew across her back. She looked over at the tom as he spoke again.

“Mhm, green is really pretty too, it makes me thing of newleaf which is a good season,” the warrior meowed happily. She noticed his expression soured a little, ah, he’s probably thinking about the kits she thought.

“I’m sure the kits will survive y’know? We just have to keep our eyes on them and give them our food since after all, they are the future of the clans,” Mistycloud shrugged. Her blue eyes glimmered with hope that the clan would make it through this leafbare safe. Hopefully the clans didn’t get into any more fights.

Mentions; Antlerstreak [ @Willowfern ]

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Old December 12th, 2022, 10:49 AM

My Mood: Stressed

Fawnspring + koidream
the first step into the dark
Fawnspring had been strolling though the territory when mewling caught his attention. Swerving towards the sounds he stumbled upon two small kits. The faint smell of a rogue still lingered but she hadn’t been back for a while. Fawnspring’s eyes narrowed in disgust at the deadweight beneath his paws. Bending down to pick them up he reared back when he caught the scent of sickness on them. Vile little mites! his maw peeled back into a menacing snarl. Lifting his paw to strike down and put them out of their misery he caught the unmistakable sound of faint paw-steps. Sheathing his claws he silently ducked behind a fallen log in waiting to see who it was. After a few heartbeats a calico tom appeared. Fawnspring recognized him as the tom who brought him to the clan again. Blue eyes narrowing in suspicion he watched as koidream bent down to sniff at the kits. It was obvious that he had caught the scent of the sickness off of the kits yet he still bent down to pick them up. Fawnspring couldn’t allow this and he leapt out towards koidream his claws outstretched. Koidreams head shot up just in time to see Fawnspring jumping at him. His reaction was to slow and Fawnspring barreled into him knocking him to the ground. dont touch those damned kits. You’ll die if you do. koidream only stared at the large brown warrior in horror as he pinned him to the marshy ground. Wh-what are you doing?! G-get off. This isn’t allowed! koidream stuttered. Fawnspring looked horrifying. His menacing glare chilled the smaller tom and his claws dug into his shoulders.well neither is letting a clan mate die of a damn sickness that makes them go insane! Listen to me they are better off dead. We can’t help them even if we did it would spread through the clan and infect everyone. It’s better if we let them rest here. what? Let innocent kits die here. Is he crazy thought pooled into koidreams head and he spat back a response it’s not fair! Why must they suffer like this. They are only kits. Why?! Fawnspring loosened his grip and stepped off koidream. A heavy sigh escaping his maw. It’s life. We live. We suffer. We die. Then we seek revenge. koidream was confused for a moment before asking in a questioning voice what do you mean by that…. Fawnspring cast a look over his shoulder. I mean that is starclan and the darkforest really all that different? Haven’t starclan cats killed before so why is it so different from killing another cat who’s not in battle?

Koidream stared blankly at Fawnspring. He had a valid point. What was the difference between the two. That starclan was rewarded with a nice happy place even after they’ve killed innocent cats. Where as the dark forest cats where driven by something to prove themselves to be powerful. They killed and where punished. What?.. koidreams voice was barely audible as he squeezed it out. Are you saying that starclan and the darkforest are the same. That’s not true is it. Fawnspring’s expression turned thoughtful. They are indeed the same. So what’s the deal with letting a few cats who where destined to die perish here and live a life with no more suffering than this? koidream nodded slowly as he processed this information. However he was slight reluctant he agreed and quietly got up. Casting one last look back at the small kittens he turned and followed Fawnspring back towards camp.

Kittens sickness was rabies
Mission complete koidreams perspective changed
Old December 15th, 2022, 10:21 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

- .Fennelcall. -
( @estelle. - VSHDBUF IM SO SORRY )

Fennelcall gave the little apprentice a small smile, as the two arrived at Cattail pond, "And here we are." he padded over to the pond itself, pushing the cattails aside, reviling the glimmering surface, which was.. frozen, but what can you expect? A still body of water will always freeze over, he rested a paw of the surface gently, not daring to put pressure on it. He turned his head over to face Littlepaw, "Its frozen over, and don't try to walk on it, no matter how fun it seems, falling through ice can be deadly, especially since I'm guessing you cant swim yet." his tone was flat, but very strict, he paused for a moment "How about you have a little look around this area and then you let me know when you're ready to go, alright?" he figured giving her some lenience would be nice for her, that way she felt some independence, as he planned to teach her a little bit of swimming here. [I]Oh well, maybe later or tomorrow we can stop by havensprings, it shouldn't be frozen there and the water should actually be warm.[I] he sighed, his warm breath turning into a mist as it met the cool air.

Old December 15th, 2022, 04:50 PM
formerly estelle.

My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo. View Post
- .Fennelcall. -
( @estelle. - VSHDBUF IM SO SORRY )

Fennelcall gave the little apprentice a small smile, as the two arrived at Cattail pond, "And here we are." he padded over to the pond itself, pushing the cattails aside, reviling the glimmering surface, which was.. frozen, but what can you expect? A still body of water will always freeze over, he rested a paw of the surface gently, not daring to put pressure on it. He turned his head over to face Littlepaw, "Its frozen over, and don't try to walk on it, no matter how fun it seems, falling through ice can be deadly, especially since I'm guessing you cant swim yet." his tone was flat, but very strict, he paused for a moment "How about you have a little look around this area and then you let me know when you're ready to go, alright?" he figured giving her some lenience would be nice for her, that way she felt some independence, as he planned to teach her a little bit of swimming here. [I]Oh well, maybe later or tomorrow we can stop by havensprings, it shouldn't be frozen there and the water should actually be warm.[I] he sighed, his warm breath turning into a mist as it met the cool air.

. ⋅˚̣-: ✧:– ⭒Littlepaw⭒ –:✧ :-˚̣⋅ .

[5/100]

Woah...

Glossy and cold to the touch.

This was Littlepaw's first time seeing the pond frozen over. She was able to recall that once, an apprentice snuck out with her to see it, yet this was a different kind of beautiful. The apprentice's pale blue eyes shimmered for a moment before she became self-conscious and snapped back to reality--quick to turn around at her mentor's surprisingly serious tone.

Sure, she wasn't the smartest in the clan, but she knew better than to fall through the ice like an idiot. Swimming would definitely be productive, but for once, Littlepaw's fur prickled at the thought of training. Ugh... cold. Though, exploring around the ice might be entertaining. Who knows, maybe she'd find some outsider fur on their territory! That'd be exciting and also useful.

"Got it." The striped apprentice confirmed with a nod of her head.

Upon instruction, she began looking around, nose close to the ground while sniffing for anything suspicious. And something suspicious she did find when her paw suddenly became wet.

Hm? What's this? Littlepaw inspected the yellow liquid, careful not to touch it any more than she already had when her head jerked back from the scent. Smells like squirrel... but really gross squirrel. Ew.

"I found something!" She called to Fennelcall, waiting for him to come and see her amazing discovery... whatever it was.

(you're all good!! )

┍----------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧----------------┑
character Website
https://mintyswcocats.webador.com/

┕----------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧----------------┙

bump me after 72 hours + I'll usually be online from 3pm-7pm (CT)

Last edited by vampy; December 15th, 2022 at 05:02 PM.
Old December 18th, 2022, 05:12 AM

Antlerstreak continued to stare into the depths of blue until Mistycloud brought up the kits… his kits.
Not only did it seem that Antlerstreak was somehow easier to read than he thought, but Mistycloud knew about his kits, so that meant most of RiverClan did, too, which meant that rumors of the story must have been spreading as well.
Antlerstreak stifled a wince, the kits were a touchy subject right now,
“Oh, yeah,” He meowed, “Plenty of fresh-kill for the little buggers, right.”
@Emo Rat
Old December 19th, 2022, 06:40 AM
Lover's Rock

Mistycloud

Mistycloud got confused by his facial expression, was he expecting kits? The she-cat glanced around.

“Yeah, I’ll do my best to make sure we have food, but it isn’t just up to me, it’s up to the whole clan,” she paused, “wait, are you expecting kits? I didn’t mean it like that. I was talking about everyone’s kits my bad.”

Her white fur fluffed out to keep her warm as a chilly gust of wind smacked into her. She shuddered and blinked away the glass tears in her eyes from the cold.

Mentions; [ @Willowfern ] Antlerstreak

ASK BEFORE FRIENDING
Characters

Last edited by Kaybug.; December 19th, 2022 at 06:41 AM.