Today 08:44 PM

Old June 12th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post

As they moved on Leopardpaw glanced at the ground every so often so she could avoid twigs and leaves that were scattered across the ground. Watching how her mentor's paws were carefully set on the ground she copied it. As she put her paws down carefully she noticed an instant difference in the noise level. "It's so much quieter now," she chirped happily, flicking her tail.
"Yes it is." Dapplesplash breathed the air in happily. "You're learning quickly. This is good." She praised her apprentice, her thoughts aloud. She pointed her tail. "Over there, you see that pile of rocks?" She asked the apprentice. "I call that Mouse Mountain because lots of little critters like to hide and nest there." She smirked at the name.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old June 12th, 2018, 10:07 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

"Yes it is." Dapplesplash breathed the air in happily. "You're learning quickly. This is good." She praised her apprentice, her thoughts aloud. She pointed her tail. "Over there, you see that pile of rocks?" She asked the apprentice. "I call that Mouse Mountain because lots of little critters like to hide and nest there." She smirked at the name.
"Mouse Mountain," she murmured her eyes sparkling with amusement as she looked at the pile of rocks. "I can't wait to start hunting," excitement filled her voice. The sun's light dappled the ground in golden spots as the trees swayed their shadows across the forest. "When can I learn to climb?" she asked flicking her tail to one of the trees. Knowing fully of what SkyClan is known for.
Old June 13th, 2018, 08:39 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post

Oh, great...too late, Redpaw tried to place herself back into her hiding spot, but all too soon, his own curiosity was making his way towards her. Redpaw panicked at first, tried hiding herself or make herself look presentable. She was a mess. She’s been out here all day sulking and whining over her losses. She wasn’t ready for any company. However, when the tom made his presence known, the female blinked at him, feigning a smile. Of course, she remembered him...well, kind of. Possibly, she played with him when they were kits, but she hardly remembered playing with any kits when she was one herself. Particularly after the incident with her own...family. Redpaw blinked once more, her eyes stinging, but on her face was a sorrowful smile, one that she tried to muster the courage of brightening up.
She stared at the tom blankly. Blinking. Unmoving. Her eyes was glossy, and parts of her fur was damped. His verbals didn’t approach her ears - she stared at him like he was looking through her. Oh, Starclan! She must had been an open book. Redpaw swallowed a lump in her throat, finally blinking into reality under a clouded gaze.
“...yelling at a bird?” She questioned, her voice was very soft spoken, to the point where you needed to strain your ears in order to hear her. Redpaw seemed vacant, playing aloof, despite knowing that she caught a little bit of a show when the tom was after the bird. “Why did you yell at a bird?” She murmured quietly, deciding to further stick her head out the tree to get a clearer look at the tom through her blurry eyesight. Now, that she was able to see him, she slowly tilted her head to the side, her nose twitching upon his familiarity. “You’re...” she paused, deciding to clear her throat. Maybe, that’ll help her speak up. “Y-you’re,” Nope. It didn’t work. She shook her head, her mind scatterbrained. “You’re That tom who plays pranks on others...aren’t you?” Again. Soft spoken. Murmuring each word that came out her maw. She blinked down, letting out a gentle sigh. Quite frankly, she least wanted to be around a tom who was nothing but trouble. After all, she may be his next target. Starclan knew, Redpaw wanted nothing to do with trouble.

Blazepaw fejtvslightky confuses as silence stretched on between them after he asked his question, watchingvthe she-cat stade blankly back at him. Now he could see in full detail that she has in fact been crying, her fur was batted, and her eyes were glossed over. She looked so.... sad. Blazepaw wasn’t sure at all what to do about that. Should I try cheering her up? No... you’ll probably only make it worse. Blazepaw knew he wasn’t the best at making other cats feel better, he always seemed to stumble over his words and just make a fool of himself. But he did that anyways in a daily basis.
His ears picked up her words, and he let out a breath of relief he hadn’t known he’d been holding. As she questioned his motives, exactly what he had expected, the orange furred tom let out a little laugh. ”Oh you know, it was just mocking me after I failed to catch it. Birds are real jerks, you know?” Blazepaw had had run-ins with one to many mean, viocious birds. Even though they were prey, he liked to imagine that they were all out to get him.
Blinking out of his thoughts as he heard her quiet words again, the tomcat leaned forward in the slightest to hear her better. She had also stepped out of the tree more, which made him think maybe he just grunge himself was making her feel better. Yep that’s definitley it. He instantly assured himself, going with the first thought that entered his mind. “Yeah, I’m Blazepaw, the one and only!” He exclaimed, his voice much louder than Redpaw’s had been. His voice was always loud and annoying it seemed. Though in his ears, he sounded normal, and everyone else was quiet. Turning his olive gaze back to Redpaw, Blazepaw cocked his head. He stared at her for a moment, trying to get a good look at her to pinpoint who she was. “Hold up, I know your name just let me think for a minute.....” One could literally see the gears whirring in Blazepaw’s mind as he thought, hard. ”Rust.. no, Reed.... No no no! Redpaw! Redpaw right?”

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
"Mouse Mountain," she murmured her eyes sparkling with amusement as she looked at the pile of rocks. "I can't wait to start hunting," excitement filled her voice. The sun's light dappled the ground in golden spots as the trees swayed their shadows across the forest. "When can I learn to climb?" she asked flicking her tail to one of the trees. Knowing fully of what SkyClan is known for.
"Ah-ha! Child, you'll learn that before you learn to hunt or fight, because we fight from the trees and hunt there too sometimes, so I'll try to teach you how to climb one of these trees today, as of it seems to be one of the skill bases of learning how to be a warrior." She paused, thinking if she wanted to add anything else. "But first, borders and more good places to hunt."

No star is lost at all

Old June 13th, 2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:

"Ah-ha! Child, you'll learn that before you learn to hunt or fight, because we fight from the trees and hunt there too sometimes, so I'll try to teach you how to climb one of these trees today, as of it seems to be one of the skill bases of learning how to be a warrior." She paused, thinking if she wanted to add anything else. "But first, borders and more good places to hunt."
"Okay Dapplesplash," she chirped, bubbling with excitement. She looked around trying to familiarize herself with the territory around her, knowing that she would have to know the land like the back of her paw. Looking up at the sky she saw a plump dove sitting on a branch. Her claws itched to catch it, but she lacked any hunting skills that would help her succeed in that. "When did SkyClan first start climbing and using the trees to hunt?" she asked her mentor curiously as they walked along, the grass was soft under her paws.

Last edited by Leopardblaze; June 13th, 2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old June 13th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
"Okay Dapplesplash," she chirped, bubbling with excitement. She looked around trying to familiarize herself with the territory around her, knowing that she would have to know the land like the back of her paw. Looking up at the sky she saw a plump dove sitting on a branch. Her claws itched to catch it, but she lacked any hunting skills that would help her succeed in that. "When did SkyClan first start climbing and using the trees to hunt?" she asked her mentor curiously as they walked along, the grass was soft under her paws.
Dapplesplash was glad for her excitement. She doubted she would have to scold her apprentice much, but she would not be afraid to if she did something stupid, and that, Dapplesplash knew would happen sometime. No apprentice ever went though their apprenticeship without getting into some sort of trouble with their clanmates. "For as long as any cat can remember," She told her apprentice, thinking back to the lessons her former mentor had told her. "Because Windclan was good at hunting with their speed, Thunderclan with their undergrowth to hide in, Riverclan and their,.. Fishing," She added that part with a bit of distain, "Shadowclan with their marshes and long grasses to stalk through or densely wooded forests, and Skyclan hunting in the trees."

No star is lost at all

Old June 13th, 2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
[/LEFT]
Dapplesplash was glad for her excitement. She doubted she would have to scold her apprentice much, but she would not be afraid to if she did something stupid, and that, Dapplesplash knew would happen sometime. No apprentice ever went though their apprenticeship without getting into some sort of trouble with their clanmates. "For as long as any cat can remember," She told her apprentice, thinking back to the lessons her former mentor had told her. "Because Windclan was good at hunting with their speed, Thunderclan with their undergrowth to hide in, Riverclan and their,.. Fishing," She added that part with a bit of distain, "Shadowclan with their marshes and long grasses to stalk through or densely wooded forests, and Skyclan hunting in the trees."
Leopardpaw listened to her mentor explain the history of her clan, her ears pricked forward to remember every word. "What will happen if we meet another cat from another clan at the border?" she asked, twitching her tail as they continued through the forest. She wondered if they would fight or chase any cats off their territory, like some rogues would do back in the twoleg place. She could vaguely remember how well her father climbed on his rare visits to her family's den. She even saw him catch a bird as it was flying away, though at that time she wasn't allowed out of the den. She shook that thought away, this was her home now. Tall trees seemed to reach towards the sky. Leopardpaw wonder if StarClan watched over them better since they were closer to the sky when they were in the trees. Somehow she felt that she would be at home in the trees, or at least she hoped that she would.
Old June 13th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw listened to her mentor explain the history of her clan, her ears pricked forward to remember every word. "What will happen if we meet another cat from another clan at the border?" she asked, twitching her tail as they continued through the forest. She wondered if they would fight or chase any cats off their territory, like some rogues would do back in the twoleg place. She could vaguely remember how well her father climbed on his rare visits to her family's den. She even saw him catch a bird as it was flying away, though at that time she wasn't allowed out of the den. She shook that thought away, this was her home now. Tall trees seemed to reach towards the sky. Leopardpaw wonder if StarClan watched over them better since they were closer to the sky when they were in the trees. Somehow she felt that she would be at home in the trees, or at least she hoped that she would.
"We should ignore them and they should ignore us." Dapplesplash told her calmly. "No clan will want to fight the other for the fun of it, especially for just staying on your side of the border but examining the other clan's territory. Warriors know better than that." She looked down at her apprentice hard and stopped walking. "You must promise me you will not provoke another patrol into a fight. Blood must not be shed over a silly argument." She said grimly, then continued to walk happily like she hadn't said a word.

No star is lost at all

Old June 13th, 2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:

"We should ignore them and they should ignore us." Dapplesplash told her calmly. "No clan will want to fight the other for the fun of it, especially for just staying on your side of the border but examining the other clan's territory. Warriors know better than that." She looked down at her apprentice hard and stopped walking. "You must promise me you will not provoke another patrol into a fight. Blood must not be shed over a silly argument." She said grimly, then continued to walk happily like she hadn't said a word.
She stared into her mentor's eyes nodding solemnly meowing," I promise, Dapplesplash." Leopardpaw knew she couldn't take on even one full grown warrior as she was smaller than an adult cat. She followed her mentor scanning the territory around her, tall trees everywhere. She noticed that the different types of trees had different types of bark on them. "Some of those trees look hard to climb, the bark looks so smooth," she observed as they walked by a group of birch trees.

Last edited by Leopardblaze; June 13th, 2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old June 13th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
She stared into her mentor's eyes nodding solemnly meowing," I promise, Dapplesplash." Leopardpaw knew she couldn't take on even one full grown warrior as she was smaller than an adult cat. She followed her mentor scanning the territory around her, tall trees everywhere. She noticed that the different types of trees had different types of bark on them. "Some of those trees look hard to climb, the bark looks so smooth," she observed as they walked by a group of birch trees.
Dapplesplash turned and walked tot he trees. "Ok, first lesson on tree climbing." Dapplesplash decided. "Never doubt your climbing skills by the look of the tree." She looked the small birch tree up and down. "Make sure your claws are extended and firmly implanted into the tree bark. Try it with one paw, but just flew you claws in and out different parts of the tree that you can't reach. Don't try climbing yet."

No star is lost at all