[ p ] ´´The Eagle sings...
by paedyn
Last post by paedyn
Today 01:25 PM

Old November 5th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Rat left WCO

My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Cattail Pond

"You're welcome! " She purred in delight, glad to help "I'm always here when you need me, just give me a meow!" She invited, her tail up and proud. " On a serious note, your kit is almost here right! Can I be a aunt! ( In a friend way not related way) =}" She smiled nervously.
@Fernwillow

Last edited by SpirtTheRat0w0; November 5th, 2022 at 12:36 PM.
Old November 6th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

With Fogcloud and Dappledpaw in tow, the Gingerfrost set off to Cattaill Pond. The walk there was a short and familiar one, much to the tom's preference. occasionally he would look over his shoulder to ensure everyone was still there until they arrived within the designated area, beginning to look around for what they were gathering. Cobwebs he knew they could gather with a stick - it shouldn't be hard to find, now the fever few... A bush, with yellow and white (what he presumed would be) flowers. Turning his head, he looked around left and right until he spotted a tiny tiny bush fitting the description well enough; approaching it to inspect it closer, he looked to the apprentice and warrior.
"Think this is it?"

[ @oleander @Shinestripe ]

Old November 6th, 2022, 08:29 PM
Your favorite workaholic~

Bump Policy: Whenever is fine!
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

With Fogcloud and Dappledpaw in tow, the Gingerfrost set off to Cattaill Pond. The walk there was a short and familiar one, much to the tom's preference. occasionally he would look over his shoulder to ensure everyone was still there until they arrived within the designated area, beginning to look around for what they were gathering. Cobwebs he knew they could gather with a stick - it shouldn't be hard to find, now the fever few... A bush, with yellow and white (what he presumed would be) flowers. Turning his head, he looked around left and right until he spotted a tiny tiny bush fitting the description well enough; approaching it to inspect it closer, he looked to the apprentice and warrior.
"Think this is it?"

Dappledpaw padded up to the bush besides Gingerfrost. She sniffed the small flowers, they did look like how Marigoldleap described them... Dappledpaw nodded. "It does seem to be feverfew." the said. "Then again, I haven't really seen it before..." she added.

"If you don't have it, you'll never do what needs to be done to change."

•|Slatepaw|•

"Every day, I eat, sleep, and worry about stupid things."

I see you there~
Old November 9th, 2022, 09:31 AM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

☄. *. ⋆ Fogcloud
The silver tabby followed the other warrior, tail flicking slightly as the looked around. Their hazel eyes flickering to the shadows, truly they have been on high alert for a while so they were just making sure that no one was here. Though their eyes flickered to the bush that Gingerfrost was talking about.

Their head tilted slightly looking at it before nodding, "I think so, it looks like what Marigoldleap told us."
@Estelle @Shinestripe

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old November 9th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Still staring nervously

With Fogcloud's and Dappledpaw's confirmation, to which he gave a nod, it likely was what they were looking for. He couldn't be certain what exactly is best way to collect feverfew, but with that in mind, he decided to take a guess and simply remove it as close to the ground as was practical. At least that way they couldn't go wrong with what Marigoldleap needed. He broke apart from the bush two smaller, easy to carry parts - he couldn't exactly bury these, he presumed, so might as well keep it with? Gathering the two parts on the ground in front of him, he looked around. With a feverfew patch located, some others likely not far, they were in need of cobwebs as well. He had a little more experience with that, most warriors knew what they looked like.
"I'll go look for cobwebs."
The tabby decided to inform the other two patrol members, slightly gesturing to the area in question. There weren't very many trees around here, but it couldn't be that hard to find - at least they'd likely be able to catch a stick to gather them. Pushing the bit of feverfew he had gathered back against and nearly under what remained of the bush, as to not need to carry it around or loose it to the wind, Gingerfrost padded in direction of a thin sideways hanging tree, keeping a lookout for these cobwebs. He didn't quite mind what Fogcloud would decide to do - whether they'd look for cobwebs as well or gather more fevefew - as long as Dappledpaw remained with either one of them. With everything happening, he'd rather not leave an apprentice alone in the territory even if they were just a little ways off.

Old November 9th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Your favorite workaholic~

Bump Policy: Whenever is fine!
My Mood: Busy

Dappledpaw
She/her

Her tortoiseshell fur slightly fluffed out from the rapidly cooling weather, Dappledpaw nodded as Gingerfrost said he would search for cobwebs. Tha left her and Fogcloud. She turned to face the silver tabby.
"I figure I should stay with one of you, right?"

{ Gingerfrost [ @Estelle ]}
{ Fogcloud [ @oleander ]}

"If you don't have it, you'll never do what needs to be done to change."

•|Slatepaw|•

"Every day, I eat, sleep, and worry about stupid things."

I see you there~
Old November 11th, 2022, 05:42 PM
i'm back!! &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

☄. *. ⋆ Fogcloud
Fogcloud eyes flickered to the apprentice and she nodded her head, "Yes that would be the best, lets grab a few more stalks of fever few from the other bunches, hopefully by then Gingerfrost will have found some cobwebs." The silver tabby lead the apprentice toward some of the other bushes that looked like the first one and bit off 3 stalks from one. I'll grab some cobwebs on my way back to camp. Cobwebs seem to be a rather important.
@Estelle
@Shinestripe

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old November 13th, 2022, 12:08 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: do not bump until Aug. 25, please!
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peril View Post
Autumnpaw | @Cherry~
post 17/100

The calico was gazing into the water after her mentor gave her the okay. His stomach rumbled and she almost laughed. Almost running out of breath to hold it back, she tried to zone back into the water.

A shiny silver ball of fish was swimming toward the surface. It only had maybe a dozen fish, but it was there. She studied them for a moment, trying to find a pattern. They moved fluidly and startled at every slight movement. She narrowed her eyes, slowly raised her paw, aimed for a smaller one in the middle, and...

Her paw ducked into the water, claws extending as she wrapped her paw around the little slick fish. She fumbled it out of the water before it flopped on the bank messily. She slapped her paws over it and nipped it before it could flounder back to the water. Grabbing it with her maw, she set the small silver shad by her mentor's sunfish. What is that? It's really slippery. she asked, prodding the dead prey with her claw.

Slatestripe was impressed that Autumnpaw managed to catch a shad on her first try. It was a good sized fish for an apprentice! Even though her kill process had been sloppy, Slatestripe couldn’t fault her for that. It would take practice and time for her to get it down right.

“That’s a shad,” he informed her. “Medium-sized gray fish. They’re very popular to eat, since the taste is sweet and succinctly fishy. I’m very impressed you managed to catch this kind of fish on your first try! They tend to be very jumpy. Well done.”

He glanced back at the water. Teaching Autumnpaw how to fish while swimming was a lesson that would have to wait until after she’d had a swimming lesson, of course. Besides, it was easier for her to practice one thing at a time. “Let’s see you go at it one more time, then we’ll call the lesson from there.”
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old November 13th, 2022, 01:00 PM

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Tired

Autumnpaw | @Cherry~
post 18/100

The calico apprentice watched as her mentor told her what the fish was. She couldn't recall ever eating a shad before, but maybe if she was lucky she could eat one at some point soon! Of course, not her own catch. She knew that other cats had to eat before her, the queens and elders and kits.

When he said she could try to catch another one before they went back to camp, she perked. She was sure she could catch another fish! Maybe. Hopefully! She was oh so very excited. Really? I can try again?! she excitedly took her position again, before receiving an answer, and waited just as she had before.

Since she hadn't expected to be able to try again unless she failed, she was getting jittery. It was even harder to contain her excitement, and she was nearly vibrating. The water was still clear of fish, presumably because she had just caught one and they were cautious still, but she continued to study the water that was withing reach.

charactersrainy boi finder

♡ back from The Void ♡

☆p.s. you can vm or pm me about comms ☆
Old November 16th, 2022, 11:06 AM
Still staring nervously

After ensuring that Dappledpaw remained with Fogcloud by looking over his shoulder, Gingerfrost continued his search for cobwebs. Small, thin and stringy, if he remembered correctly. And very, very sticky. Walking around, it took him a while before he really found any cobwebs - until, that, he came across a small patch of reeds and an intricate design of thin little strings, with little water droplets on it, caught his eye. Only it didn't look all that pretty, in it's quanty. Yuck, he did not want that in his fur. Breaking off a nearby reed stalk (because he couldn't see any sticks at the moment, the tom was improvising) he used it to carefully wrap the sticky stuff around it. That made one.

He couldn't see any more cobwebs around that patch of reeds, so continued his search elsewhere. This time his paws led him to a thin tree in which, if he looked closely, he could see what appeared to be some cobwebs as well. Great, that didn't take too long. Conveniently being near a tree he was able to actually find some sticks this time, which he used to gather up the cobwebs. Hm - he came a little short on the second one, but it was better than nothing he supposed. Just about managing to keep the two sticks in his maw, he padded back to Fogcloud and Dappledpaw where he ushered back the two feverfew sticks. Well, this would be well enough, no? He casted a look over to the other two, a brow raised as to ask if they were about ready to head back.
[ 2 Cobwebs (1 Stick, 1 Reed..?), 2 Feverfew ]

[ @oleander @Shinestripe - Apologies for the delay; I asked for an extension to the 18/19th so we have time to wrap this up <3 ]