by taillow
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 05:21 PM
“The Devil Knows My...
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 05:13 PM

Old December 9th, 2022, 11:19 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 1 week/48 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

ShadowClan Re: Herondive Hollow

֎|Lynxblossom|֎
She/Him | WC:204

Larkpaw was a bit of a surprise to the bobtail. She seemed slightly awkward? for lack of a better term. Just more down to earth than one might expect, which he viewed as an excellent quality. Otherwise he didn't know much, border patrols weren't exactly personal. But it gave him hope. Here was an apprentice about to finish her training, the youngest enforcer ever. She could do it, Starlingpaw could do it.

Silverwing seemingly appeared out of nowhere soon after Larkpaw's comment. He seemed to have a habit of doing that, re-materializing out of nowhere, freaky. She muttered under her breath "Sorry"

As her thoughts drifted back to her apprentice, she was slightly worried. This was their first patrol, and a hunting patrol at that. They hadn't gotten to that point yet, which was hopefully understandable due to Starlingpaw's ceremony being only days ago. Either way she would have to get on that, there was always so much to do. For know Lynxblossom that Branchfire would treat them well today.

"Should he head back if everything looks good?" The tabby's eyes drifted to Larkpaw, waiting for her to take the lead again. His tail stub twitched eagerly as they prepared to follow the others.
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old December 10th, 2022, 07:21 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: Herondive Hollow

Oriolepaw was more than surprised that one of his Clanmates approached him and wanted to train him. Had Sparrowstar told Flameheart to take him on a tour of the territory? Probably. That would be the only reason anyone would take such a worthless apprentice out. Yet another mentor had abandoned him; Oriolepaw wouldn’t be surprised if Flameheart did soon, too.

His pace reflecting the dejectedness he felt within, he silently followed Flameheart to their first stop, the ShadowClan-ThunderClan border. At Flameheart’s question, a thoughtful look crossed over his face. Even though being abandoned by two mentors in rapid succession had severely rained on his spirits, he still wanted to do right by his Clan and train.

Oriolepaw tasted the air. “It smells like… pine trees. It smells wet, too. And muddy. Like how our forest smells after a long, hard rain.” Surprisingly, ShadowClan didn’t smell that bad.

( @SpiritedWarrior )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old December 10th, 2022, 08:06 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Oriolepaw was more than surprised that one of his Clanmates approached him and wanted to train him. Had Sparrowstar told Flameheart to take him on a tour of the territory? Probably. That would be the only reason anyone would take such a worthless apprentice out. Yet another mentor had abandoned him; Oriolepaw wouldn’t be surprised if Flameheart did soon, too.

His pace reflecting the dejectedness he felt within, he silently followed Flameheart to their first stop, the ShadowClan-ThunderClan border. At Flameheart’s question, a thoughtful look crossed over his face. Even though being abandoned by two mentors in rapid succession had severely rained on his spirits, he still wanted to do right by his Clan and train.

Oriolepaw tasted the air. “It smells like… pine trees. It smells wet, too. And muddy. Like how our forest smells after a long, hard rain.” Surprisingly, ShadowClan didn’t smell that bad.

( @SpiritedWarrior )

Flameheart

Quite pleased with how the apprentice replied to her question, Flameheart nodded and stole a quick glance at the nearby ShadowClan patrol. Great. Just what we need... they're ignoring us now. I'll take advantage of that. Twitching her whiskers to silently tell the apprentice a ShadowClan patrol has arrived, the young warrior whispered, "They're troublemakers. It's best to avoid them, don't cross over any border. Especially theirs. They'd rip you apart if they got the chance."

Turning around to leave the border patrol of ShadowClanners, Flameheart made sure to mark the border with her scent, rubbing her long fur on a tree. Glancing once more at Oriolepaw, she nodded toward another tree. Do as I do, she mouthed quickly.

"Oriolepaw, go ahead and mark that tree. And mark any bush you see while we're here. It's best to keep the border markers fresh so we don't get any trespassers."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old December 10th, 2022, 09:53 PM

Oriolepaw didn’t register a single word of what Flameheart said, because his attention had been completely grabbed by the sight of a ShadowClan patrol. There were three cats on it. Oriolepaw had been to only one Gathering before, and had spoken only with a pair of elders. As such, he had no clue who any of those cats were.

Curiosity got the best of him, and he started to pad along the border towards them. He had an intense curiosity about practically everything that had to do with being a warrior. The apprentice had no conception of how dangerous and uncompromising the other Clans could be- especially ShadowClan. Perhaps he was about to find out?

“Hello!” he chirped.

( @SpiritedWarrior @Erebus @Kat @snekeyes4 )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old December 11th, 2022, 10:53 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkpaw

Not a moment passed after Larkpaw suggested that they wait for Silverwing, and the warrior had appeared out of seemingly nowhere. If Lark had been more of the jumpy type, she would have definitely leapt backward with surprise at the sound of a voice so close to her ear. But thankfully, the skies decided to save her from that humiliation, and the grey feline's only symbol of surprise was the fluffing of her fur.

Smoothing down the prickling of her pelt and casting Silverwing a slightly irritated glance, although she was mildly impressed on how silent the tom was on his feet, the apprentice enforcer re-opened her mouth to address the two. "Everything seems fine." She agreed with Lynxblossom's words, inclining her head slightly before picking up the pace, turning and heading back towards ShadowClan's camp.

Unfortunately, the eight moon old apprentice was only able to take one step. One measly little step, and a voice chirruped from behind her, undoubtedly one of the ThunderClan cats who had been there moments before. For a few moments Larkpaw considered ignoring it, but then she turned around, deciding against it. "Can I help you?"

[ @snekeyes4 - Silverwing / @Erebus - Lynxblossom / @SpiritedWarrior - Flameheart / @Cherry~ - Oriolepaw ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.
Old December 11th, 2022, 01:48 PM

Oriolepaw suddenly felt uncertain of himself as one of the patrol members actually acknowledged him. This situation was different than a Gathering, and the implications of that suddenly became apparent to the young tom. A part of him pressed his muscles to turn him around and march him away from this ShadowClan patrol.

I can’t do that! If I back away now, Flameheart will surely be disappointed in me. I have to stand my ground and follow through.

Taking a deep breath, he said, “I’ve never met any ShadowClan cats before, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to do that now.” The moments began feeling like hours as he waited for this other cat’s response.

( @Kat @SpiritedWarrior @snekeyes4 @Erebus )
Old December 11th, 2022, 04:06 PM
I like birds

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Distracted

- Copperfire -
He/Him
Like a branch, the building tension snapped and Copperfire signaled a "fight" with a wave of his tail. Although by the looks of things, there was no need - his clanmates were being distracted by two other rogues. As his opponent leaped at him, he shrunk back, just barely dodging the other's claws. Maybe being so jumpy had its benefits.

The deputy bared his fangs and let out a hiss, his fur rising to compensate for his small stature. He hated fighting, but with how aggressive these rogues were, there seemed to be no choice. Copperfire swings a paw, backing up at the same time, trying to either catch the rogue leader with his claws or trip them by making them chase after him.

[ @Ravensong @flowsie ]
Old December 12th, 2022, 01:25 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Larkpaw

Not a moment passed after Larkpaw suggested that they wait for Silverwing, and the warrior had appeared out of seemingly nowhere. If Lark had been more of the jumpy type, she would have definitely leapt backward with surprise at the sound of a voice so close to her ear. But thankfully, the skies decided to save her from that humiliation, and the grey feline's only symbol of surprise was the fluffing of her fur.

Smoothing down the prickling of her pelt and casting Silverwing a slightly irritated glance, although she was mildly impressed on how silent the tom was on his feet, the apprentice enforcer re-opened her mouth to address the two. "Everything seems fine." She agreed with Lynxblossom's words, inclining her head slightly before picking up the pace, turning and heading back towards ShadowClan's camp.

Unfortunately, the eight moon old apprentice was only able to take one step. One measly little step, and a voice chirruped from behind her, undoubtedly one of the ThunderClan cats who had been there moments before. For a few moments Larkpaw considered ignoring it, but then she turned around, deciding against it. "Can I help you?"

[ @snekeyes4 - Silverwing / @Erebus - Lynxblossom / @SpiritedWarrior - Flameheart / @Cherry~ - Oriolepaw ]

Quote:

Oriolepaw suddenly felt uncertain of himself as one of the patrol members actually acknowledged him. This situation was different than a Gathering, and the implications of that suddenly became apparent to the young tom. A part of him pressed his muscles to turn him around and march him away from this ShadowClan patrol.

I can’t do that! If I back away now, Flameheart will surely be disappointed in me. I have to stand my ground and follow through.

Taking a deep breath, he said, “I’ve never met any ShadowClan cats before, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to do that now.” The moments began feeling like hours as he waited for this other cat’s response.

Flameheart

She was about to check on Oriolepaw once more after marking the border, but it seemed not a word had registered to the apprentice. The young warrior watched in disbelief as Oriolepaw made his way to the border to begin a conversation with the three ShadowClanners. Shaking her head to gather herself, Flameheart made her way over to the border with a quick pace.

"Oriolepaw! You can take the opportunity to meet ShadowClanners at the Gathering, let's go!" she growled and lashed her tail before looking at the enemy patrol. "Apologies. This is his first time on a border tour, he doesn't quite understand the other Clans have things to do."

Giving a stern look in the ThunderClan apprentice's direction, Flameheart sighed. It wasn't Oriolepaw's fault he didn't know how to act at the border, but it was his fault for not listening. I don't know how ThunderClan doesn't have slightly more sensible cats. "Apologize for wasting their time. They are on a patrol, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to explain their lateness to whoever their deputy is."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old December 12th, 2022, 06:08 PM

Oriolepaw flattened his ears as Flameheart’s angry tone came down on his ears. Great. Another warrior that was disappointed in him. He felt a slight flash of annoyance as he was ordered to apologize for wasting the patrol’s time. Was it really that much of a crime to want to speak to someone? Were they expected to rip one another’s throats out any time but a Gathering?

Still, Oriolepaw didn’t feel like making Flameheart any more angry at him. He found himself missing when she was still an apprentice. She wasn’t even that much older than him, and yet it felt like there was suddenly all this distance between them.

“Sorry,” he said quietly. Suddenly embarrassed, he turned and bounded away from the border.

( @Kat @Erebus @snekeyes4 @SpiritedWarrior )
Old December 12th, 2022, 08:06 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post

Flameheart

She was about to check on Oriolepaw once more after marking the border, but it seemed not a word had registered to the apprentice. The young warrior watched in disbelief as Oriolepaw made his way to the border to begin a conversation with the three ShadowClanners. Shaking her head to gather herself, Flameheart made her way over to the border with a quick pace.

"Oriolepaw! You can take the opportunity to meet ShadowClanners at the Gathering, let's go!" she growled and lashed her tail before looking at the enemy patrol. "Apologies. This is his first time on a border tour, he doesn't quite understand the other Clans have things to do."

Giving a stern look in the ThunderClan apprentice's direction, Flameheart sighed. It wasn't Oriolepaw's fault he didn't know how to act at the border, but it was his fault for not listening. I don't know how ThunderClan doesn't have slightly more sensible cats. "Apologize for wasting their time. They are on a patrol, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to explain their lateness to whoever their deputy is."
Quote:

Oriolepaw flattened his ears as Flameheart’s angry tone came down on his ears. Great. Another warrior that was disappointed in him. He felt a slight flash of annoyance as he was ordered to apologize for wasting the patrol’s time. Was it really that much of a crime to want to speak to someone? Were they expected to rip one another’s throats out any time but a Gathering?

Still, Oriolepaw didn’t feel like making Flameheart any more angry at him. He found himself missing when she was still an apprentice. She wasn’t even that much older than him, and yet it felt like there was suddenly all this distance between them.

“Sorry,” he said quietly. Suddenly embarrassed, he turned and bounded away from the border.

Larkpaw

Larkpaw didn't know what to say. All she could do was remain silent, watching Flameheart and Oriolepaw with thoughtful, fiery amber hues. She said nothing as the ThunderClan apprentice spoke to her, ears flicking as he went on about not having met any ShadowClanners before.

To be frank, Larkpaw didn't particularly care. But her mind was wracking through possibilities, and at this point, barely noticeable mistakes. She'd been the one to turn around and address this ThunderClanner. That had been a major fault on her part. She, not yet a nine moon apprentice, had turned around to address these otherclanners as if she was the patrol lead. Technically, Lark was the patrol leader, but perhaps ThunderClan would see it as a weakness, thinking that ShadowClan was sending out apprentices as patrol leaders. Why ruin ShadowClan's reputation over nothing? Why let these ThunderClanners know that some of ShadowClan's warriors were being absolute idiots?

But, these squirrel-brains (yes, squirrel-brains. there was nothing personal in the word, thunderclan just equaled squirrels) had no way of knowing this was the case. They could just assume she was a chatty apprentice. "You're fine," Larkpaw assured the ThunderClan apprentice, inclining her head briefly towards Oriolepaw as he bounded off, and then offering Flameheart a nod.

Turning next to Lynxblossom, Larkpaw blinked up at the warrior, an expectant expression on her face, as if she was waiting for her to lead them out. Hopefully he was willing to play the role of patrol lead infront of these ThunderClanners. "If you think we're done here, we can go now."

[ @Erebus - Lynxblossom | I hope this doesn't quote you twice Cherry, oops. Also, @/Erebus, just thought I'd let you know that @snekeyes4 has taken a hiatus, so we'd just skip over them, although Lark will still report the patrol with everyone having been on it. ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.