just another day

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Snowybreeze |
28 Moons - WindClan Warrior

Heightened Perception [Smell] - Active | Rapid Recovery - Inactive | The Collector - Inactive | Not Skiddin' Around - Active

Coming back from an early, solitary patrol around the territory, Snowybreeze's paws ached. He had walked the length of the territory twice, not wishing to come back to camp empty pawed if he could help it. Unfortunately, while the gentle giant's size was quite serviceable for fighting - an act he loathed - hunting was not his forte. With no place to really hide his bulk out in the moors and nowhere near the speed to keep up with most prey, he tended to leave the hunting to his clanmates. The ones who were actually good at it. Especially when he hadn't been able to spot a single morsel out in the plains. No doubt his stomping paws had made everything scatter.

A sigh of disappointment escaping the Maine Coon mix, mismatched ears twitched at the sight of an unfamiliar face sunning herself in the camp clearing. Well... unfamiliar was perhaps a bit of a stretch. He knew her name, of course. He knew the name of every clanmate. Had also heard that she had been demoted of late. Probably not a nice thing to be reminded about every time someone mentioned your name. He certainly hadn't a clue what he would do if he was demoted back to Snowypaw.

A shudder running down the warrior's back at the thought, he blinked sympathetically at the she-cat. She did seem a bit lonesome, sitting there in the sun. But she certainly had the right idea. Taking a nap in the sun seemed like a wonderful idea. Of course... she also seemed to have taken the best spot. He wondered if... perhaps... Oh goodness, that would be awfully rude of him. To just impose on her. But then, she did seem to be alone. Perhaps... she would not mind? Some company, that was. While they both rested under the sun?

A wave of timidity washing over him like the morning tide, Snowybreeze gulped, stepping back and forth for a few moments before convincing himself to move forward. It was only polite to say good morning to other cats, was it not? He was not being rude. He was being courteous! And if she got angry he could always run away and never bother her again!

Right! That made perfect sense! Determination gripping him, the young warrior padded forward, massive paws displacing the growing moss that covered the camp's floor. Reaching Flowerpaw, he cleared his throat. A quiet way of letting her know there was someone besides her without scaring her! If he scared her, oh goodness. That would... be the complete opposite of the friendly company he was hoping to accomplish here, wasn't it? Yes, best be nice and silent and let her do most of the talking. He would speak when allowed.

Flowerpaw had been resting in the sun when she heard a sound. The sound sounded like a big cat clearing their throat. She looked up and sure enough, she was right. She sat up stretched and let out a small yawn. Flowerpaw then assumed the cat had wanted to sit with her so she scoutched over leaving the cat enough room to stretch out if he wanted. Hello, I'm Flowerpaw well I'm supposed to be Flowerheart but well.. i got demoted you probably already know that I guess I'm quite popular but not really in a good way. Great now I'm rambling again. What I'm trying to say is hi and if you would like to sit here you can because well I don't mind some company.
Flowerpaw put her paw on her head feeling like an idiot for rambling to this poor tom like that. She was sure he just wanted to sit in a sunny spot and that he didn't really want to talk to her.

Its hard for me to be happy but I'm good at faking a smile
Old July 10th, 2024, 04:03 PM
just another day

Blossomkit walked around looking for someone to talk to. (OPEN)

Old July 11th, 2024, 03:42 PM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking

Goldenhoney vibed.

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue-Orangepaw(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan)
Old July 11th, 2024, 07:24 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Brooding

A rogue enters the clearing from first glance it’s easy to tell she is a queen and means no harm
Old July 11th, 2024, 08:13 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamiontail View Post
A rogue enters the clearing from first glance it’s easy to tell she is a queen and means no harm

Lichenpaw
~<>~
15 moons || she/her || WindClan apprentice || honed skill [INACTIVE]
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

It had been an uneventful day where Lichenpaw was mostly just sitting watch over camp and doing some basic training drills to make sure her battle and hunting crouches were still in good shape. An uneventful day indeed… that was until there was suddenly an unfamiliar scent near the camp’s entrance in the few minutes that had passed when Lichenpaw went to grab herself some prey.

Immediately on alert, the scrawny calico whirled around, and found herself looking at an obviously pregnant queen. Still, that fact did little to lesson the apprentice’s suspicions and she quickly approached with her hackles raised.

”Who the hell are you?!” She questioned loudly, trying to draw the attention of others in camp. ”How’d you find our camp?” Blue eyes narrow with suspicion and agression - even if this cat was an expecting queen, she was still trespassing and Lichenpaw wouldn’t be kind to her just because she was going to have kits.

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Old July 11th, 2024, 08:20 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The fury was considering a mean when, of course, his work came to him and he was back on the clock, roused by Lichenpaws call. A queen and definitely not a threat but still an intruder and the large tom padded over ears pinned as he brushed a tail over the apprentices back in silent support.

"Yer trespassin' not just in our territory but our camp lady! If yer lookin' ta join a clan this aint how its done. Leave. Now."

She could come back through proper channels later if she actually wanted to find a home.

@Cinnamiontail @Neptune.
(If you wish your cat to join wc you need to do it through here as of right now you are an intruder and shouldnt have even been able to find the clan without first posting in the territory thread.)

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!

Last edited by Rani; July 11th, 2024 at 08:22 PM.
Old July 11th, 2024, 08:34 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan Fury
he/him | 52 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes]
Purrks: Flock Together T3, Beefed Up T1, Radiohead [INACTIVE]

· · ────────────── · ·
[Crowtooth - @Rani ] [Lichenpaw - @Neptune ] [Rogue - @Cinnamiontail ]
· · ────────────── · ·
An unfamiliar scent wormed into camp, and sure enough right after he scented it, Hawkfur heard voices raising in the clearing. The tom slipped out of the nursery where he had been with Bravebird, finding Crowtooth and Lichenpaw facing off against an outsider queen.

The red tom couldn’t help the growl that escaped his throat, planting himself in front of the nursery. Nothing would get past him. She seemed harmless, but the soon-to-be father was not going to take any chances.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig art by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old July 11th, 2024, 09:42 PM
☆ TACKY and GARISH ☆

Bump Policy: 72 HOURS ☆
My Mood: Yeehaw

THE WIND THAT TURNS THE TREES
MADE ME SWAY, MADE ME SWAY
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ❖ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
WHITERABBIT . 17 MOONS . SHE/HER . WINDCLAN QUEEN

"Mhm. Queen, that's right. That's me." Her tone is tight, brittle. Whiterabbit the queen. And oh it is so stupid to go getting upset about it because it's literally the truth, she is a queen. It's nobody's problem but her own that she's got such a complex about it, now. Strangers aren't supposed to magically intuit her motherhood remorse and tailor the language they use to refer to her. She sniffs, tamping down an irrational surge of outrage, feeling both childishly cranky and deeply humiliated. Just act normal. Just try doing that, actually. Just try. This doesn't need to be as hard as she's making it.

"The kit's growing bigger every second, though. Like a little tick. It's going to get a mentor, soon, and I'll be able to get back to warrior duties." Whiterabbit adds quickly, maybe a little unnecessarily. She can try to be normal about it all she wants but that doesn't mean she'll succeed. Just wait. I'll be back out there soon. Just wait. Just a few more moons to go and then she can get her redo.

Pale ears twitch; she hadn't realized that they'd gone down flat. Maybe the outrage had been a little realer than she'd initially thought. It's a terrible thing, to feel grateful that Dreamlight couldn't see that reaction, but she feels it all the same. Sorry, Dreamlight. Sorry, Starclan.

Whiterabbit's quick, happy to let the subject change. She's a little theown by how candid Dreamlight is about her circumstances, but not at all bothered by the sharing. She's got a terminal strain of nosiness.

"Eesh. I know a demotion of any kind sucks hard but do you think you could talk your way into the apprentice's den, instead? Argue it from the angle of, like...'knock me back down to where I'll have the space to learn how to deal with this instead of just telling me I'm done'?" Ordinarily speaking, Whiterabbit wouldn't wish sharing a den with a bunch of 'paws on her worst enemy (or maybe she'd only wish it on them—pettiness ebbs and flows) but the way she sees it, Dreamlight has to learn how to be a cat all over again. And who else spends all of their time learning?

Granted, blindness probably requires specialized instruction that she isn't very sure can be accommodated here. Whiterabbit has no idea if there are any other blind Windclanners, or warriors who've previously taught blind cats. She's...frighteningly out of the loop, to tell the truth. Everything will be better once I'm out of the nursery. I'll know everyone's names—won't even have to guess. I'll be all the way on top of these things...

She doubts she's the first cat to consider this, though. Not the first to realize that reteaching a fully grown warrior might be a logistical nightmare not worth engaging in if they just don't have the right cats with the right knowledge suited to help Dreamlight. Still, Whiterabbit's quietly experiencing a kind of indignant rage on the lilac-silver warrior's behalf, getting all irritated in her stead the more she considers her situation. So, what, her options are to just figure it out or retire early? Retire early, and do what? Sit in a den thick with elder-breath and mousebile-stink? While away the hours repeating stories to any sticky-pawed, squeaky little kit that wriggles its way in?

Stars, just the thought of it is making Whiterabbit nauseous. And all because Dreamlight can't see...which, to be clear, is a big deal, but...but...!! Whiterabbit sucks her teeth, absently scraping the ground again. Maybe it's her still-empty belly that has her so worked up over a near-stranger's personal affairs, but now she's angry and there's no backpedaling yet.

"Is there anyone helping you?" Maybe she's getting super ahead of herself (she's already too invested in something that isn't really her business). Again: she can't possibly be the only cat who's put thought toward this issue. She's got to keep reminding hersef of that. Whiterabbit wouldn't be surprised if Dreamlight's already got someone at least willing to cheer for her while she does her little stumbling around routine. And perhaps a full-on demotion just to get a little extra help is impractical, but, there should still be cats helping, right? She's nosy, though. She's got to ask about it.

@Moonraven ; DREAMLIGHT

gravelly waypoint
Old July 12th, 2024, 12:09 AM
just another day

Flowerpaw could smell and unfamiliair smell and when she went to check it out she found a pregnant queen tresspasing in windclan with a bunch of cat surrounding her. she went and got lionscar. Lionscar walked in between the tresspaser and the crowd. Can you at least give her some space I'm sure she doesn't want a bunch of strangers hovering over her. He mewed. @Cinnamiontail

Last edited by ---Bluestar---; July 12th, 2024 at 12:09 AM.
Old July 12th, 2024, 12:51 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler/Fury | He/him | 50 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Oh and now we had cats advocating for some random rogue queen who'd trespassed, just boldly found and walked into their camp, and didnt even have the decency to try and find a warrior to ask for the leader or go to Twilightstar herself? Of course this was someone fetched by Flowerpaw, it was already bloody Flowerpaw on the end of the trouble now adays (if it wasnt Silverfur). You'd think a cat already on thin ice might know better then to fetch a fool to defend the intruder from two furies who were only asking said intruder to leave.

Crowtooths ears pinned as a low growl built in his chest, glaring at Lionscar. "If she aint wanted ta be crowded she shouldnt have trespassed into our territory then inta the heart o' our damn home.

I dont know if ya got bee's in yer brain but a queen or not she is a threat right now. She is in our camp among our vulnerable an' yer a dumbass if ya think just 'cuz she's wit' kit she's harmless. She knows our home ta boot, frankly Im bein' awful kind just tellin' her ta leave an' try an' join through proper channels.

So take an' order from a fury Lionscar an' back off. Right now, before ya end up in trouble. Rogue here aint gonna face no trouble if she leaves now an' doesnt make herself trouble anyways so lady take my words under advisement an' go."
Before Crowtooth lost his patience, if you pleased. Last intruders windclan had to their camp died and he was being very calm right now not even unsheathing claws in preparation for a repeat.

@Mica @---Bluestar--- @Neptune. @Cinnamiontail

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!