Old December 9th, 2022, 12:31 PM

My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Hidden Haven

Bonky placeholder for now
Old February 3rd, 2023, 02:50 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Redmoon laid waiting in the shadowy undergrowth, still as stone. Her emerald eyes were locked onto a fox in the distance, which had its own eyes locked on a spot in the snow. It cocked it's head from side to side, right before leaping and planting itself into the snow. She watched with amusement as the fox's rear wiggled in the air momentarily. Then, out it came with a fat mouse between it's jaws. A clean kill. Fascinating.

Ever since she was a little kitten, Redmoon has been drawn to the way other creatures hunt or fought, or simply maneuvered themselves throughout the environment; wondering if she could perform those actions herself someday. It always got her thinking. How did their ancestors learn to hunt in the first place? Surely it wasn't all on instinct. What's stopping them from learning more? Could she train her ears to be as sensitive as a fox's? What if she copied the fox's hunting technique? Would that give ShadowClan the advantage of hunting in winter?

She licked her muzzle as she watched the fox gobble the mouse. It's guard was down...completely unaware of her presence. Heheh. Dumb fox. Hmm. Would be a shame to let this pretty fox pelt go to waste...it's wasn't a very big fox, maybe slightly bigger than she was. Hmm. It could be easy enough...

Before she could make her move, an approaching scent caught her attention. Shadowfur? Oh, perfect! Looking over her shoulder, she signaled a warning with her tail. "Stay down...a fox is up ahead."

[ @Cherry~ ]
Old February 6th, 2023, 01:55 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

[ @Zella ]

Shadowfur trudged through the snow on his afternoon patrol through the territory. Newleaf couldn’t come fast enough. The cold was bad enough, let alone this stupid, sticky, cold, wet- argh!

He shook his pelt out, sending snow flying everywhere. Grunting, the tom carried on. Just a little longer, and he could loop back to camp.

Of course, the universe had other plans for him. Within a couple of minutes, the scent of fox filled his nostrils. Why were so many foxes showing up in ShadowClan territory lately!?

Creeping forward so as not to alert the fox of his presence, he crested a small hill. On the other side was the fox, gobbling down some sort of small prey. A few tail-lengths away was Redmoon. She noticed him quickly, silently gesturing with her tail for him to be careful.

He moved his tail in a tight circle, indicating that he was going to walk around the fox to its other side to surround it. He carefully crept in a wide circle around the fox. He froze when the creature’s body seized in sudden fear, its eyes snapping up. It looked around, but its eyes never settled on Shadowfur. Dumb animal.

Eventually, he made it around to the other side of the fox. He motioned to Redmoon to attack first, since she was somewhat closer. Shadowfur set his jaw, hoping she’d see his signal. Otherwise, he’d have to attack first.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old February 6th, 2023, 05:52 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

[ I roll a die for all combat related situations. I rolled a 9 on a 10 sided die, so Redmoon will perform very well this post. ]

Shadowfur saw her signal and positioned himself accordingly. Good, good. Oh, and he motioned for her to make the first move on the fox? Even better! Now they can have some fun...

The fox was already on high alert, so Redmoon acted fast. She flew from the shadows like a scarlet arrow, teeth barred and claws extended, hungry for a good fight. It had been moons since she had one, so saying she looked thrilled was an understatement. She landed on it's hind leg and weighed down it's rear, giving a hearty "Ha ha! Take that you wretched thing!" before sinking her teeth into it. The fox yelped in pain, snarling and twisting to bite at her, but she managed to yank it back once more and knock it off balance. Now on it's belly, the fox struggled to regain it's footing, pawing wildly at the snow. Powdery white waves danced around them like a magic show. If Shadowfur was smart (which she figured he was, considering he's an enforcer and all that jazz), he'd sneak in for the kill now while she held the fox's attention. If he didn't, Redmoon could risk the possibility of getting bit once again.

[ @Cherry~ ]

Last edited by Doom; February 6th, 2023 at 05:54 PM.
Old February 16th, 2023, 02:17 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

[ @Zella ]

Redmoon was beautifully efficient in her approach, grabbing the fox by its hind leg and yanking it out from under them. A whole bunch of snow was thrown up in the struggle, creating a veil of sorts around the pair.

Through the flying snow, Shadowfur managed to catch a glimpse of the fox struggling, still on the ground. Darting forward, he ducked and twisted so that he was on his back beside the creature. With fast paws, he wrapped his front legs around the fox’s neck and pulled back toward himself. He squeezed his eyes shut as he exerted an incredible amount of force. Muscles screaming in sudden pain, he was about to give up when the fox stilled.

Releasing his vice grip on the creature, he took a moment to lay there on his back and catch his breath. It had been a long, long time since he’d choked an enemy out in that way.

After a moment, he rolled over and stood. Glancing down at the creature, he commented, “Perhaps we should take the whole thing back to Dawnstar. Let her skin it herself, maybe eat some of it if she wants. Take out the bones and keep them, if she wants.”
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old February 23rd, 2023, 11:27 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Boarblaze
@naiad

The bulky feline let out a wheezy breath, folded ears pinned to his skull as he trudged through the snow to the old camp. "I hate Leaf-Bare. Snow is in my pads." he huffed, tail flicking behind him, sending some snow flying. It was just powdered snow, not that sticky kind that he hated even more. The sticky snow was wet, good to throw, but made you cold to the bone. The powdered snow, on the other hand, had a hint of dryness to it. Now he was thinking about dryness of snow, he really was loosing his marbles.

"I don't believe, we'll find any food out here...man it looks creepy." he said, turning to his companion. Now, they weren't an official patrol, but he was getting antsy, and moving made one warm. Sadly, he didn't think about the wet snow puddles he would step in, he'll arrive back in camp colder than when he'd left. "Well...do we want to find something to bring back?"

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old February 24th, 2023, 12:47 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

As expected, this new ‘buddy system’ rule was proving to be irritating - where was Chillymoth supposed to get reprieve from his clanmates if not the territory? Regardless, hunting needed to be done, with or without a partner. Unfortunately, it seemed the prey was scarce.

The dappled tom flicked an ear as Boarblaze aired his grievances - he had to agree that the snow certainly was not helping in making this excursion more enjoyable. Neither was complaining, but Chillymoth would not voice those thoughts. “Yes, I imagine bringing something back is the point of this little trip,” the warrior said dryly in response to Boarblaze’s question. “If they prey isn’t running then perhaps we can collect some cobwebs.” If they had some luck they may be able to bring back both prey and food, though that seemed unlikely.

He cast a glance towards he patrolmate before padding deeper into the Haven, scanning the trees for the subtle glisten of cobwebs.

[ sorry if this doesn’t give much to work off of, chilly’s not a big talker /o\ ]

@Starfall

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old March 5th, 2023, 06:47 PM
HIT EM W THE B B B BEAM!!

Bump Policy: Idrc anytime
My Mood: Spooky

Owltree lead the small group into the forest, making sure blackCrest was behind him. (To not get in trouble with Dawnstar of course, otherwise he would have gone alone) He stopped at a small clearing and Turned to BlackCrest. ¨Look for anything worthy of killing.¨ He said, as he opened his mouth for any scents.
@-Classic-

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁
Old March 5th, 2023, 06:50 PM
"E"

Status: Fictionkin...oh boy...I thought therianthropy was enough..
Bump Policy: 3-5 hours
My Mood: Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallywagz View Post
Owltree lead the small group into the forest, making sure blackCrest was behind him. (To not get in trouble with Dawnstar of course, otherwise he would have gone alone) He stopped at a small clearing and Turned to BlackCrest. ¨Look for anything worthy of killing.¨ He said, as he opened his mouth for any scents.
@-Classic-
"Alright," BlackCrest said, looking around for anything to kill.
Old March 5th, 2023, 06:53 PM
HIT EM W THE B B B BEAM!!

Bump Policy: Idrc anytime
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Classic- View Post
"Alright," BlackCrest said, looking around for anything to kill.
He scented a Vole not too far away. He dropped into a hunting crouch.

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁