Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Word Association
Last post by Evenilolia.
Today 04:47 AM
Short Story Contest
by marshy
Last post by Evenilolia.
Today 04:45 AM
RiverClan Skyridge
by BEAR.
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:51 AM
QUARANTINE!!
by dino.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 02:48 AM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by Eucalyptuspaw
Today 02:48 AM

Old October 24th, 2023, 10:18 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Dark

Default Re: [p] HogStrike’s training sessions with Star Paw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
Hog Strike
There wasn’t a second where Hog Strike wasn’t watching, a smile sneaked onto his face as Star paw successfully stalked over to the pebble, he stretched out briefly before making his way over. ‘Excellent job Star paw, practice the hunting Crouch again and then you can go try the skills in motion, learning on from experience can sometimes be more effective of a way especially with hunting.’ As hog’strike stopped talking, he rolled his shoulders once more glancing around and above, before refocusing his attention. It’ll probably be best to find a mouse or much more hunting crouch suited prey rather than pursue a rabbit for now.
Softpaw
(Female-She/Her)
(7 moons)
8/100
Star nodded silently and crouched nearly perfectly, then rose and faced Hog. "Do I g-g-get to hunt a mouse nw?" she asked, nervously and hopefully.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him may not perish, but have eternal life.-John 3:16
Softdust-Kitty Softpaws-ACTIVE | Shadowlight-Lyrebird's Lullaby-ACTIVE, Not Skiddin' Around-ACTIVE | Icetail-Shadow Fiend-ACTIVE

Old October 25th, 2023, 09:59 AM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Bump Policy: Any time hehe
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomFeurSturm View Post
Softpaw
(Female-She/Her)
(7 moons)
8/100
Star nodded silently and crouched nearly perfectly, then rose and faced Hog. "Do I g-g-get to hunt a mouse nw?" she asked, nervously and hopefully.
Hog Strike
Hog strike’s reply was a simple nod, as he moved a little bit forward he paused. ‘Hunting prey is a delicate process, if you scare away that prey it may be the only prey you see for the rest of the time you spend hunting, so you must take the opportunity always to hunt if it’s needed.’ He left the words to process as he continued forward at a slow pace. ‘Keep your uttermost attention on both your surroundings and where you step, just a single wrong step could ruin the time you spent stalking and make it wasteful. Which is why I’ve said that patience and timing is key.’ Hog strike was walking toward somewhere he assumed prey would be, and straying from the path he took before, hopefully that somewhere was going to have a something to hunt.

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
All pixel art used is credited here!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Art store: here
Formerly: | The-legendary-cowstar | Spider-Cow
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!

Last edited by Fritter; October 25th, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
Old October 25th, 2023, 07:54 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Quote:
Hog Strike
Hog strike’s reply was a simple nod, as he moved a little bit forward he paused. ‘Hunting prey is a delicate process, if you scare away that prey it may be the only prey you see for the rest of the time you spend hunting, so you must take the opportunity always to hunt if it’s needed.’ He left the words to process as he continued forward at a slow pace. ‘Keep your uttermost attention on both your surroundings and where you step, just a single wrong step could ruin the time you spent stalking and make it wasteful. Which is why I’ve said that patience and timing is key.’ Hog strike was walking toward somewhere he assumed prey would be, and straying from the path he took before, hopefully that somewhere was going to have a something to hunt.
Starpaw
(Female-She/Her)
(7 moons)
8/100
Starpaw watched Hogstrike intently, mentally noting his every move.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him may not perish, but have eternal life.-John 3:16
Softdust-Kitty Softpaws-ACTIVE | Shadowlight-Lyrebird's Lullaby-ACTIVE, Not Skiddin' Around-ACTIVE | Icetail-Shadow Fiend-ACTIVE

Old October 25th, 2023, 08:25 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Quote:
PhantomFeurSturm;1492824]
Starpaw
(Female-She/Her)
(7 moons)
8/100
Starpaw watched Hogstrike intently, mentally noting his every move.
Hog Strike
Parting his jaw Hog Strike took in the scents around him as he consistently moved closer, he lowered himself gradually as he caught the scent of a mouse and glanced over his shoulder beckoning Star Paw over to where he was. The mouse was just in view, munching on grain, Hog Strike shifted slightly focused entirely on the mouse as he spoke. ‘There’s a mouse right there, move toward it just like you did with the pebble. Slowly and steadily with controlled movement. Take your time.’ hog strike made sure to put emphasis on that last bit.

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!

Last edited by Fritter; November 6th, 2023 at 08:35 PM.
Old November 6th, 2023, 09:00 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Quote:
Hog Strike
Parting his jaw Hog Strike took in the scents around him as he consistently moved closer, he lowered himself gradually as he caught the scent of a mouse and glanced over his shoulder beckoning Star Paw over to where he was. The mouse was just in view, munching on grain, Hog Strike shifted slightly focused entirely on the mouse as he spoke. ‘There’s a mouse right there, move toward it just like you did with the pebble. Slowly and steadily with controlled movement. Take your time.’ hog strike made sure to put emphasis on that last bit.
Starrypaw
(Female-She/Her)
(7 moons)
Starry listened eagerly, fixated on Hog's every word. When he finished she nodded emphatically. Then, she dropped into her hunting crouch and stalked towards the mouse. There! She lept at the rodent, catching it. It squeaked and she dropped the mouse, startled. She chased after it, but it dashed under a bush and was gone. Starrypaw skidded to a halt next to the bush, then looked at Hog sadly.

Old November 6th, 2023, 09:23 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeurSturm View Post
Starrypaw
(Female-She/Her)
(7 moons)
Starry listened eagerly, fixated on Hog's every word. When he finished she nodded emphatically. Then, she dropped into her hunting crouch and stalked towards the mouse. There! She lept at the rodent, catching it. It squeaked and she dropped the mouse, startled. She chased after it, but it dashed under a bush and was gone. Starrypaw skidded to a halt next to the bush, then looked at Hog sadly.
Hog Strike
Hog Strike watched Starry paw drop into a hunting crouch and stalk forward, silently judging every movement made as he watched. He stood up from where he was and was about to come over as he heard a squeak and thud. he saw the mouse fall to the floor and bolt off. Hog Strike hastily followed behind Starry Paw as his apprentice gave chase and let out a sigh as she stopped by a bush. ‘Aside from not actually killing it, you did well.’ Hog strike took a moment to consider what to do next. ‘Not every hunt will be successful.’ he left those words to linger well he further considered what to do next, moving back toward where the mouse had been previously.

Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Old November 6th, 2023, 09:36 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Quote:
Hog Strike
Hog Strike watched Starry paw drop into a hunting crouch and stalk forward, silently judging every movement made as he watched. He stood up from where he was and was about to come over as he heard a squeak and thud. he saw the mouse fall to the floor and bolt off. Hog Strike hastily followed behind Starry Paw as his apprentice gave chase and let out a sigh as she stopped by a bush. ‘Aside from not actually killing it, you did well.’ Hog strike took a moment to consider what to do next. ‘Not every hunt will be successful.’ he left those words to linger well he further considered what to do next, moving back toward where the mouse had been previously.
Starrypaw
Female-She/Her
7 moons
Starrypaw olowed Hogstrike back to their original position, somewhat disappointed with herself for missing the mouse. I'll do better next time, she promised herself.

Old November 6th, 2023, 09:56 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Quote:
Starrypaw
Female-She/Her
7 moons
Starrypaw olowed Hogstrike back to their original position, somewhat disappointed with herself for missing the mouse. I'll do better next time, she promised herself.
Hog Strike
I think we should work on the different things that are important about hunting certain prey, on a side note so far everything seems to be going well for your first training session. And it would be foolish to assume you’d catch a mouse first try. Mice are known for being able to feel the vibrations from your movements before they see or hear you, so you must be light on your feet.’ Hog Strike took it upon himself to give a demonstration of what he meant by the last part, shifting into a hunters crouch and stalking forward well trying to shift his weight so he didn’t cause as much noise when he stalked.

Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Old November 9th, 2023, 09:16 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Quote:
Hog Strike
I think we should work on the different things that are important about hunting certain prey, on a side note so far everything seems to be going well for your first training session. And it would be foolish to assume you’d catch a mouse first try. Mice are known for being able to feel the vibrations from your movements before they see or hear you, so you must be light on your feet.’ Hog Strike took it upon himself to give a demonstration of what he meant by the last part, shifting into a hunters crouch and stalking forward well trying to shift his weight so he didn’t cause as much noise when he stalked.
Starrypaw
Female-She/Her
7 moons
12/100
Starrypaw watched, copying his motions and stance. Mice feel vibrations before anything else. Got it. She tried to imagine she was stalking a mouse.

Old November 11th, 2023, 05:51 AM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Quote:
Starrypaw
Female-She/Her
7 moons
12/100
Starrypaw watched, copying his motions and stance. Mice feel vibrations before anything else. Got it. She tried to imagine she was stalking a mouse.
Hog Strike
Standing up, Hog strike briefly glanced over the stance and motions as starry paw copied. 'Good, let's move on to the next one. Birds are tricky to catch, you must be swift to snag a bird, and move in short but stealthy bursts of movement to get close enough to hook it as it tries to fly away. Or if your lucky, before it flies away. There isn't much to practice with here, but I trust you can use your imagination. ' Hog strike didn't demonstrate for this one, seeing as stated there wasn't much to substitute for a bird.

Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!

Last edited by Fritter; November 11th, 2023 at 05:52 AM.