Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 04:21 AM

Old July 5th, 2023, 06:26 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Brackenfire's Den

Brackenfire

The molly knew her mom-tuition was right. Ugh, when was she ever wrong? The pregnant tabby sat down, tail curled around her paws neatly. "Who would I tell?" She chuckled humorlessly. No friends. Her family hated her. She glanced up at the raven skull that crowned her den. "I won't tell a soul. Mother's honor." One of the few promises she would ever honor. She liked being a secret keeper.

Her eyebrow quirked, and she was briefly suspicious, but he would definitely spill the tea. Hopefully. If you couldn't trust your estranged murderer of a mother, who could you trust?

Roseshine. What a weakling name. Brackenfire found her criticism amusing, but then she moved along and listened to her son. "Why not both?" She murmured thoughtfully. "Have those kits of yours with Roseshine, but nothing is forcing you two to be a couple. Two friends can be parents. And if you like this Larkfire girl, then shoot your shot. I loved someone, but then I had two different litters of kits with two different cats. I still loved who I loved. Honestly, I still love him."

"But also, love is gross, so you do whatever you need to do."
She added on, so her son wouldn't mistake her for... an actual cat with emotions and someone who could give good advice. She didn't want to be misleading or anything. Her mind drifted back to Bounceberry, and she felt that pang of heartbreak worm its way into her heart, and she hid the familiar pain behind a mask of indifference.

[ @JackHunt_17 - sorry for the chaotic bracken post :sweats:]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old July 6th, 2023, 07:19 AM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

[an actual cat with emotions and someone who could give good advice killed me lmao]
@jupiter

"That kit.. I was talking about... I was the one who attacked her. I had like a mental breakdown or something right after I became a warrior and I beat up a kit over it. I didn't know she was Larkfire's sister, if I did, I would've taken someone else, but I don't really know what got into me or why I did that." Cougarbite sighed, though it felt good to finally tell someone

"That could work." He then said to his mothers advice on his love situation. He chuckled when she added love is gross though. "I like love, its just, more complicated than gross I would say." Cougarbite replied.
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old July 6th, 2023, 10:16 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

↷✦; brackenfire ❞

The molly tipped her head to the side thoughtfully as her son confessed. Her expression didn't falter once. Not from surprise, not from judgement, it just stayed neutral. Hm. So... that added a little more spice to the situation. Her mind started working, thinking if ways she could help her kid out.

"I see. And she's still alive, yes? The kid?" Stretching out, the scarred molly winced slightly as the claw marks on her side ached. "If she's still alive, no harm done. If you had killed the thing, that would've been a bigger problem. Sometimes you have to have an outlet, a way to express your emotions. When I lost the cat I loved, I killed like... three different cats. It helped me." A little. Slaughtering three RiverClanners was her form of revenge on the cat that took her love away. The one cat that made her feel like she was worthy to be loved was dead, and now she would spend her life inflicting the same pain on others. Petty? Definitely not.

The molly quirked an eyebrow as he spoke again, nodding slowly. She didn't like love. Love was painful, not just complicated or gross. But she didn't argue with him. What was the point? "I suppose love can have different side effects on different cats. I just suggest to do what you want, you're young and strong. Don't regret anything. No one else needs to know that you were the one that hurt that kid, you can just let it go. You probably helped to make it stronger, so you should really be proud of yourself." This was her tactic. Whenever she killed someone, she called it natural selection. Or karma. It was much easier than facing the reality.

( @JackHunt_17 )

Old July 6th, 2023, 12:55 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

↷✦; brackenfire ❞

Panting, the shadow was exhausted. Laying her head back, she looked down at her only surviving kit. A small tabby she-kit, bringing the molly's scrutiny upon the young cat. It had her signatures single white sock, and had the same fur color as her brother. No sign of the kit's father's looks, thank StarClan. She nudged the black rosetted tabby, and the kitten squeaked loudly in protest. Brackenfire purred before reaching down and nudging the kit towards her stomach to suckle. And then, she uttered the name she had selected for the kit. A small shot taken at her dead "sister". Hopefully a name that would stir up some angst by itself.

"Ivy. My gift to the world."

Her plan had begun.

(closed || this takes place moons before, and is ivy's backstory)

Last edited by poppy; July 6th, 2023 at 01:02 PM.
Old July 6th, 2023, 12:59 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

A large tom kittypet quietly padded into Brackenfire's den, unaware of its resident. His eye- one had been scratched out- gleamed in the dark, and he sat down before looking around. He soon felt like he was being watched. His eye narrowed in suspicion.
Old July 7th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
↷✦; brackenfire ❞

The molly tipped her head to the side thoughtfully as her son confessed. Her expression didn't falter once. Not from surprise, not from judgement, it just stayed neutral. Hm. So... that added a little more spice to the situation. Her mind started working, thinking if ways she could help her kid out.

"I see. And she's still alive, yes? The kid?" Stretching out, the scarred molly winced slightly as the claw marks on her side ached. "If she's still alive, no harm done. If you had killed the thing, that would've been a bigger problem. Sometimes you have to have an outlet, a way to express your emotions. When I lost the cat I loved, I killed like... three different cats. It helped me." A little. Slaughtering three RiverClanners was her form of revenge on the cat that took her love away. The one cat that made her feel like she was worthy to be loved was dead, and now she would spend her life inflicting the same pain on others. Petty? Definitely not.

The molly quirked an eyebrow as he spoke again, nodding slowly. She didn't like love. Love was painful, not just complicated or gross. But she didn't argue with him. What was the point? "I suppose love can have different side effects on different cats. I just suggest to do what you want, you're young and strong. Don't regret anything. No one else needs to know that you were the one that hurt that kid, you can just let it go. You probably helped to make it stronger, so you should really be proud of yourself." This was her tactic. Whenever she killed someone, she called it natural selection. Or karma. It was much easier than facing the reality.

( @JackHunt_17 )

["natural selection" ]

"Yeah she's still alive, and I guess letting out my stress of being a warrior and living up to my bloodline did help me a lot. I have an apprentice now and she's amazing. I swear she'll be a warrior by 10 moons old like me. She basically knows everything already and picks up on the things she doesn't super fast." Cougarbite said, talking about Sweetpaw.

Then about love again. "Yeah, I know. But love feels nice so I want to have someone to share that feeling with." He said with a sigh.
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old July 28th, 2023, 04:12 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongForgottenSnowyPelt View Post
A large tom kittypet quietly padded into Brackenfire's den, unaware of its resident. His eye- one had been scratched out- gleamed in the dark, and he sat down before looking around. He soon felt like he was being watched. His eye narrowed in suspicion.
Brackenfire had been in her den alone for moons. Ever since she had delivered her little... gift to ShadowClan, she had been slightly less anxious. Of course, she still had mounds of work to do in preparation for her glorious return to ShadowClan when leaf-bare rolled around, but in the meantime... her eyes drifted to the pelts she had lined her nest with, taking inspiration from her mother. Her mother might be the queen of the shadows and ruled ShadowClan, but Brackenfire was free. She was scheming, she could do whatever she wanted, and she fully intended on making the most of that.

Unfortunately, today was a bad day. First she had to kill that kittypet that came traipsing into her territory, and now.... now there was someone in her den. She was still grooming the blood of the russet alley cat off her lips when another cat had the gall to enter her den. Her den. The scarred brown tabby narrowed her pretty yellow eyes, and stood up with a lash of her thin tail. "And what the hell do you think you're doing?" She spat, teeth bared as her crimson painted lips peeled back in warning. She was tempted to lunged forward and tear his throat out, but her earlier victim hadn't been much of a conversationalist so maybe she'd talk a little before doing anything violent. Maybe.

Old July 28th, 2023, 04:40 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post

Brackenfire had been in her den alone for moons. Ever since she had delivered her little... gift to ShadowClan, she had been slightly less anxious. Of course, she still had mounds of work to do in preparation for her glorious return to ShadowClan when leaf-bare rolled around, but in the meantime... her eyes drifted to the pelts she had lined her nest with, taking inspiration from her mother. Her mother might be the queen of the shadows and ruled ShadowClan, but Brackenfire was free. She was scheming, she could do whatever she wanted, and she fully intended on making the most of that.

Unfortunately, today was a bad day. First she had to kill that kittypet that came traipsing into her territory, and now.... now there was someone in her den. She was still grooming the blood of the russet alley cat off her lips when another cat had the gall to enter her den. Her den. The scarred brown tabby narrowed her pretty yellow eyes, and stood up with a lash of her thin tail. "And what the hell do you think you're doing?" She spat, teeth bared as her crimson painted lips peeled back in warning. She was tempted to lunged forward and tear his throat out, but her earlier victim hadn't been much of a conversationalist so maybe she'd talk a little before doing anything violent. Maybe.
"Oh, my bad. Didn't know this was you're den. I was just foraging for berries. More specifically juniper berries." The kittypet mewed fearfully, his fur shaking slightly.
Old July 28th, 2023, 05:33 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHunt_17 View Post

["natural selection" ]

"Yeah she's still alive, and I guess letting out my stress of being a warrior and living up to my bloodline did help me a lot. I have an apprentice now and she's amazing. I swear she'll be a warrior by 10 moons old like me. She basically knows everything already and picks up on the things she doesn't super fast." Cougarbite said, talking about Sweetpaw.

Then about love again. "Yeah, I know. But love feels nice so I want to have someone to share that feeling with." He said with a sigh.

The tabby queen huffed softly, not in disappointment but also not relieved that the kid survived. Clearly, if Cougarkid wasn't worried about the little runt being able to identify him as her assailant, then she wouldn't be worried. She just didn't need another kid messing things up for her. Her reputation was already in shambles, she couldn't imagine what it would be like if her kid was outed as the midnight abductor and attacker of Dawnstar's prized warrior's kin. That wouldn't be good for her reputation, not at all. Or for Cougarbite's survival, but she wasn't crippled by motherly affection. Sure, she loved the kid, but she was raised to know that parents weren't there to coddle and love someone. There was no a cat in the world that would choose her over anyone, and she had learned from a young age that if you put others before yourself, you wouldn't last long. Or you'd live a long, soft life with little to no honor, being picked off by the strongest.

"Oh really?" She murmured softly, trying to sound like she cared that he had an apprentice. Sweetpaw. What an idiotic name, so weak sounding. But whatever. It was just a name. "Good for her." Oh barf. If she wasn't already barfed out by the pregnancy, she'd be throwing up at the description of love. Ew. Love. "Yeah. Love is nice until they die and then you have to pretend that you're tough and unfazed so you aren't seen as a weakling." Mutinous as always, a memory of Bounceberry flashed in her mind and she swallowed the dumb lump in her throat, feeling her severed heart pound in her ears. Not that she showed it, of course. How could she possibly do that?

Old July 28th, 2023, 05:36 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongForgottenSnowyPelt View Post
"Oh, my bad. Didn't know this was you're den. I was just foraging for berries. More specifically juniper berries." The kittypet mewed fearfully, his fur shaking slightly.
Her sunflower yellow eyes rolled as the cat trembled and excused his actions with ignorance. "You didn't smell me? Or hear me?" She scowled slightly, licking blood off her lips and looking the kid up and down, and smirking at the mentions of juniper berries. Oh? "I think I have some extras." She turned on her heel, and rolled a single death berry from her storage pouch. "This is a juniper berry, I believe. Want it?"