Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Stormstar
Deputy:
Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Cutest Warrior Name?
by Blaaze
Last post by Blossom Cry
Today 08:36 AM
Morningpaw Mentor Finder
by Nim
Last post by Nim
Today 08:16 AM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by Neptune.
Today 08:12 AM
A Bee Buzzing Around A...
by Naila
Last post by Naila
Today 07:56 AM
"Herb Time!" [apprentice &...
Last post by korok
Today 07:41 AM

Old July 10th, 2021, 03:32 AM
chirps

Default Re: Tarot Card Readings 💕

@Dipper woweee, honestly didn't realize how meaningful this reading would be for me, it's interesting to see it all laid out and explained like that. thank you, that makes it all easier to understand

also don't mind me now going to make Butterfly and Fox art of Kes and Frozen because that is the cutest reading i've ever read
Old July 10th, 2021, 09:19 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Could you do a reading of Blizzardsky, I figure you already know the guy enough.

Question(s)
What does my relationship with Heronflight look like?
- What is my compatibility with Frozenberry?

Basically want to see from this which one he’d be happier with.
I combined these questions for the cards and drew three animal cards to represent each:
In the center: the Moth, guided by the Hierophant.
To the left: Butterfly, backed by the High Priestess
To the right: Lizard, backed by the reversed Seven of Wands

For their relations:
Moth x Butterfly: Six of Cups
Moth x Lizard: Four of Pentacles, reversed

I know it downright defies odd to pull the butterfly again lol, but. that's what happened.

- - -

Starting with the Moth. Moths can represent the "unevolved" end of the air-aligned animals, which kind of indicates a childishness or "simple" worldview but also means they don't get bogged down with the overcomplicatedness of just living. They are black and white, whimsical, enthusiastic about the small things. They're the type to be like, "ooh shiny". That unfortunately lends itself to "is the grass greener if I did X..?" scenarios where they allow their inner child to get grabby without thinking about the repercussions because they're so wrapped up in the idea of New and Exciting.

This specific Moth has taken a ...I'm gonna call it traditional? route in life because it didn't know what else to do, or it didn't have the future sight to recognize that innovation might present itself. That's what the guiding Hierophant is implying, at least. Moth took the path of least resistance because it was easy, it appealed to their "no complications" nature, and now may be called into question whenever a different possibility arises. Moth may be believing its automatic alignment with what's expected of it & convention has done a disservice since it has grown to realize the many paths available if it utilized foresight or its imaginative side rather than just doing whatever was laid out.

Onto the Butterfly, a strangely parallel experience to the Moth in that they're both air animals grouped with pairing of the Hierophant (belonging to Moth) and the High Priestess (on Butterfly) which are both earthy in contrast. I've spoken a bit about the Butterfly's general nature before; in this reading, I think the cards are suggesting Moth perceives Butterfly as being backed by the High Priestess - whether or not that's rooted in reality, I didn't ask the deck since this is about the Moth's perception of two options. So what does that mean? The Butterfly is flighty and unusual, went through several life stages with massive changes, and I believe in this reading Moth already sees Butterfly as the intricate and gorgeous creature it is or is destined to be, especially given the presence of the High Priestess. Together, those tell me Moth considers this one to be the mysterious "other", and I could absolutely see Moth idealizing a future here (as a side note: I am convinced Moth is overestimating its happiness with Butterfly just because of the "pair cards". Definitely bound to one another on some level with the stack of similarities between the two.) The Six of Cups was drawn to represent what Moth might think of the tangible relationship, and it confirms there's some sort of familiarity and comfort in the choice. Like Moth believes it's right (at least at this time) based on shared experiences, memories, or something sentimental along those lines. From that, it's a fair conclusion that Moth and Butterfly --in Moth's eyes-- are the simple choice that Moth is naturally drawn to, amplified by the abundance of sentimental feelings between them.

Time to talk about the Lizard and the abundance of fire on this side!! Compared to the other side of the table, this one is heated. The Lizard is a fire animal backed by the equally flamin' Seven of Wands in reverse. Once again, I'll toss out a disclaimer that I don't know how much of the reading is the Moth's perception versus what's actually going on here, but without further ado: the Lizard is an interesting card in how it's so.. unassuming yet depthy. It's subtle and doesn't draw attention to itself, likes to blend in while expressing itself to an absent audience. Doesn't do well with overstimulation, known to be oddly sensitive to its surroundings (verging on a 'scary' level, as in the Lizard just Knows intuitive things by picking up on clues that are lost on others.) This reading's Lizard doesn't seem to be in the best place from what I'm gathering - the reversed Seven of Wands matches its fire type and points me toward stating this is a deeper issue than a fleeting concern of the Moth's. Lizard is struggling with being overwhelmed and overstimulated by its surroundings and feels trapped into retreating. "Defeat" is the classic word that comes to mind with the reversed Seven of Wands, so I kiiinda get the feeling Lizard is in a bad place worsened by comparing itself to others. Feels judged, feels like it will never measure up, and that puts it in a vulnerable position where it becomes passive and basically a doormat. My message to this Lizard would be to take a step back from the external pressures and focus inward to find strength. Withdraw, recollect, rediscover yourself.

Getting some rocky feelings about how the Moth might perceive a relationship with the Lizard with the Four of Pentacles in reverse defining the union. It could mean a couple things but I'm going to go with the vibe I'm getting- go out on a limb and claim there's insecurity floating around and is undermined by some kind of jealousy or past relationships, which is preventing them from moving forward. I can't say I know which side that's coming from, maybe both? Moth might be projecting here, caught up in this idealized "alternative" and therefore self-sabotaging.

----

that's all i got, thank u for the request!

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old July 10th, 2021, 09:47 AM

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Tired

@Dipper
Will my academic intelligence get me a full scholarship into my college of choice? [If you can't do this, understood.]

Will I have a rocky or smooth-sailing career?

Will I move back to my home state after college?

charactersrainy boi finder

♡ back from The Void ♡

☆p.s. you can vm or pm me about comms ☆
Old July 10th, 2021, 12:37 PM
Powerhouse of the Cell

My Mood: Yeehaw

Hey Dip! My best friend Cos does card readings so I think this is really cool. When you have the time I’d love one for myself—I don’t have a question at all but I think a present/future analysis would be cool (I already know too much about the past so we can leave that one out xD). Any aspect(s) of my life is fine!
After her resurrection from the Dark Forest, Whitewolf has not been the same. This once loyal and honorable senior Warrior is now back with a vendetta--be aware that any new interactions with her will likely reflect a hostile and/or dangerous mentality.

Please note that Tigerpaw's racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist opinions do not reflect my own. Be aware her views are very bigoted before requesting roleplay with her.

Oz/Ozzie/Zee - Any Pronouns - Los Angeles, CA
Old July 10th, 2021, 12:55 PM
B i r b

My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
I've been getting back into tarot lately and would enjoy some practice with synthesizing and deciphering readings.

- - - - - -

What will readings look like?
I have two card decks: an animal spirit deck and the "classic" tarot deck. The amount of cards and the deck(s) used will depend on the questions asked. I'll state the cards drawn then attempt to describe what it's conveying about the situation as well as anything else that comes to mind while working with your cards!

- -

What can I ask about?
I encourage you to ask either about yourself or your WCO characters! I'm more than happy to dive into "fictional" readings. Those can be a lot of fun.

Here's a short list of typical questions that can apply to you or your characters:
- What do I most need to know about my life as it is?
- What does my relationship with X look like?
- What is my compatibility with X?
- What do I need to understand about my past to move forward?
- What’s trying to come forth in my life?
- How am I bringing positivity into the world?
That said, the list isn't exhaustive. I don't think tarot serves definitive questions well (e.g. "what is my spirit animal") but is much better at open-ended wonderings, but feel free to ask whatever comes to mind.

- -

Are you gifted / psychic / a medium?
Haha no. I'm your local trash panda INTP skeptic. Full disclosure, I have 0 psychic ability. I just write what the cards say in response to an inquiry. I think tarot can be as serious (or non-serious) as one wishes, and we--as people with the power of free will--are not bound to what they display.

My belief system operates purely on the divinity of nature and the universe.

- - - - - -

Alriiight cool, let's ask some questions!

There's no required form, but your post should contain:
1. The question(s) being asked
2. Who is being asked about. If it pertains to WCO characters, an overview of them / character page link is appreciated but not needed.
3. Anything you think I absolutely must know before consulting the cards ✨

[i reserve the right to only take questions that i feel can be adequately answered, and am comfortable doing]
1. Will Rabbitfur go to Starclan?
2. Rabbitfur. He is very feminine and very shy, but gets trapped in many snares and has killed many a cat in the river in self defense. He learned how to use the snares without hurting himself and uses them as traps, but only to protect himself against Riverclan warriors out to get him after exile.
3. Rabbitfur suffers from Dissociative identity disorder, so sometimes he has a murderous and aggressive personality and other times he has a Shy, kind, and timid personality.
Old July 11th, 2021, 09:10 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziera View Post
Stormtalon
- what does he need to understand about his past to move forward?
- compatibility with Rockfall’s Bumblestep (can toss a link when I get home)
I'll hold off on the compatibility one for now but will revisit when 1) I stop bein' lazy and go find the character site or 2) I am hand fed a link haha
&& will do the other inquiry regarding yourself when i can, had to go to work

The cards have spoken and decided Stormtalon needs to know about a reversed Queen of Swords blocked by a Three of Cups. Followed by the Chariot in reverse and Four of Cups in reverse.

Overall vibes: got some air/intellect in that first slot so I'm inclined to think Storm would feel closely bonded with at least that part of the reading. The rest of the cards happen to be represented by water, amusing to me since that's traditionally tied to expression and emotion.

The reversed Queen of Swords blocked by the Three of Cups suggests isolation and coldness, resent that might be inward or outward or both. Breaking apart from relationships and being detached here is a choice, but it probably doesn't help to have this exterior of negativity toward the world. It might not be stressing Stormtalon in an obvious way, but it could be straining his relationships. This.. apathetic sort of "I don't give a damn about the world because what has it ever done for me" outlook is holding him back from being completely honest with himself and growing into a better space. It's self-destructive and sabotaging, and maybe he even knows this?? but isn't really motivated to bother fixing it either because he doesn't see the value in doing so or doesn't want to face the difficulties it'll present. Igniting connections and being vulnerable is a necessary risk.

Next up, the Chariot and Four of Cups - both in reverse. My initial reaction is that the Chariot is here to tell Stormtalon this nonchalant charade is the segue into losing control or direction in his life. For as long as he shies away from expressing himself with good intent and honesty, he isn't genuinely leading his life - he's at the mercy of whatever's holding him back. It's directionless and might even seem meaningless (what a self-serving cycle.) It's going out on a limb here, but for consideration: perhaps Stormtalon is taking this passive route to justify his apathetic nature, and created this feedback loop to protect himself from disappointment or failure. Fittingly, the Four of Cups in reverse suggests an ending to an era, and it seems the cards are hinting that it's a good opportunity to reconnect with life by focusing on new inspirations and openness to experiences. Be receptive to different understandings, it's okay to be faithful to yourself by not being so stoic all the time. It's about the journey and I suspect that might seem useless or not worthwhile to Storm based on the other cards drawn, but emotion isn't weakness - it's a facet of oneself that can't just be neatly compartmentalized.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old July 18th, 2021, 10:06 AM
S t a r's Apprentice!

My Mood: Incognito

@Dipper
Elderflare
What does he need to understand about himself in order to become a better version of himself?
Compatibility with Phes’s Silentstorm (Just in case)