Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Roleplaying (OOC) > Character Resources

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Firefly Cove
by dino.
Last post by Kix
Today 06:10 PM
Rat's Character Designs!
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 05:52 PM
Roses in the Forest [P]...
by ollie
Last post by ollie
Today 05:49 PM
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by ellie
Today 05:29 PM
My Greatest Blessings Call...
by Dark
Last post by ellie
Today 05:28 PM

Old July 20th, 2024, 03:32 PM
Blaze’s bm has Wi-Fi.

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat Apprentice Applications

Placeholderrrr

(Lotuspaw shall enter.)

Foxglovestar is BerryClan's current Leader. She has an open den policy.
BerryClan Sign-Ups + Resources
BerryClan Main Roleplay
Purrks
Larkswoop: Beefed Up T3, Flock Together T3, Lyrebirds Lullaby
Robinsnow: Well Insulated, Agatha Kitty
Pondpaw: Silver Tongue, Mind Reader, Kitty Softpaws
Sunpaw: The Collector, Agatha Kitty, Chill of Death
Old July 20th, 2024, 03:56 PM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Last edited by Kix; July 20th, 2024 at 09:55 PM.
Old July 20th, 2024, 04:33 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Stressed

Best of luck to all!

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
A New Dawn
Old July 20th, 2024, 04:33 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Mysterious

Hollowkit
to rule the world, you must first know the world

In his desire to sequester as much possible knowledge in preparation for the day he rules the world as the most powerful cat in the forest, Hollowkit is nothing if not a well of questions and curiosity. Although young and only turning 4 moons old on August 1st, it is my personal belief that he would bring to the table something I have yet to see a lot of on WCO... I'll let the application speak for itself, though...
all herbal knowledge portrayed in the following section should not be taken as examples of things Hollowkit already knows and should instead be assumed to merely be a glimpse in the future

To start off his day, Hollowpaw would have very much liked a quiet morning where he could grab a mouse off the fresh kill pile, and maybe sort some herbs while categorizing, in his head, the next steps in his plans for world domination. Of course, that wasn't how his morning went, and chestnut ears flatten at the call of his name from outside the den.

"Hollowpaw?" The cat asks, and Hollowpaw stops what he's doing to glare at the intruder, saying nothing and expecting them to speak up about their ailment. "Er," the cat continues awkwardly, and Hollowpaw doesn't hide his scoff of annoyance at their hesitation, "I think I stepped on a thorn while out on patrol..." the patient finishes, and Hollowpaw can only blink at them. A thorn? They really came all the way to the medicine den over a stupid thorn??

Without a word, the tabby rolls his eyes and gestures to an empty nest with his tail, turning back to his herb stores while the patient moves to the nest he pointed out to them. Instead of getting the marigold he would need to make a poultice, Hollowpaw goes back to sorting his herbs. A thorn could wait and, honestly? Hollowpaw really just wanted to see how long he could make the idiot warrior squirm in the uncomfortable silence before he had no choice but to treat them.

After several minutes had passed and he could no longer pretend to be busy, Hollowpaw turns to face the warrior with the thorn in their paw, an unimpressed brow raised.

"You said you have a thorn stuck in you?" He deadpans, although he hadn't actually forgotten, he just enjoyed making other cats feel stupid and watching them wriggle in embarrassment beneath his gaze. The warrior nods, and Hollowpaw steps closer, lifting the affected paw and turning it over to look and... yep, there's a thorn in there. It's wedged in pretty good, too, Hollow can admit. "Hold still," he instructs and bends forward to grab onto the very end of the thorn with his teeth, ignoring the warrior's hiss of pain. Seriously, warriors were all babies. With a sharp tug, Hollowpaw yanks out the thorn, flattening his ears against the loud yelp the patient let out as he did so.

"Oh, would you be quiet?" He snaps, glaring, "it was just a thorn, it won't kill you. I'm getting some marigold, so stay there and lap up the blood." His patient is glaring at him, but Hollowpaw ignores it, slinking to the herb stores and taking out a marigold so he can chew up a poultice that he then applies to the wound. It's a little tedious, because the patient keeps jerking away their paw and hissing in pain.

"Stay. Still." Hollowpaw growls, "unless you want this to get infected and lose your paw, then, by all means, keep squirming away! It isn't like your constant movement makes my job more difficult than it needs to be or anything!" That shut the warrior up, and he was able to finish applying the poultice and wrap the paw around with cobwebs without complaint. "There," he says, putting the spare cobweb back. "You should be fine to keep working tomorrow, you might just be a bit tender. Now get out of my den."

"But... what about a poppy seed? For the pain?" The warrior asks, and Hollowpaw actually feels his last nerve snapping, because seriously??? A poppy seed? For a thorn?

"You're kidding, right?" He asks, and when the warrior denies it, he bares his teeth. "You had a stupid thorn. You didn't just lose your whole paw, I think you'll be able to manage without a poppy seed. Suck it up and act like the warrior you supposedly are." With that, he turns his back on the warrior, uncaring if they had any further comments for him.

My Comfort Levels

Illness rps
~ w/ minimal angst and description [10/10 i am 100% comfortable roleplaying these]
~ w/ moderate angst and description [10/10 i am 100% comfortable roleplaying these]
~ w/ detailed angst and description [10/10 i am 100% comfortable roleplaying these]

Injury rps
~ w/ minimal angst and gore [10/10 i am 100% comfortable roleplaying these]
~ w/ moderate angst and gore [9/10 i am pretty comfortable with these, i'd just prefer them marked under a spoiler]
~ w/ detailed angst and gore [9/10 i am pretty comfortable with these, but i'd prefer them under a spoiler]

Death rps
~ w/ minimal angst and gore [10/10 i am 100% comfortable roleplaying these]
~ w/ moderate angst and gore [10/10 i am 100% comfortable roleplaying these]
~ w/ detailed angst and gore [9/10 i am pretty comfortable with these, but i'd prefer them to be marked under a spoiler]

Kitting rps
~ w/ minimal descriptions of birth [10/10 i am 100% comfortable roleplaying these]
~ w/ moderate descriptions of birth [8/10 i'm pretty comfortable with these, but i'd prefer them under a spoiler]
~ w/ detailed descriptions of birth [7.5/10 im fairly comfortable with these if that's what you want, but it is not preferred]

"And what is this herb? What do we use it for?" Hollowpaw's mentor, RECATED asked, poking a paw towards a fuzzy green leaf with small ridges all along it's edges. The leaf was slightly rounded, and had a very sharp, fresh scent. Honestly, every kit and theit mother could recognize mint if you shoved it in their face, this lesson was stupid.

"Mint," Hollow deadpans, tail tip twitching irritable. Seriously, why did acquiring the knowledge needed to rule the world have to be so tedious and boring? "It's doesn't have a whole lotta medicinal uses, but we can use it to cover the scent of the dead." At his explanation, his mentor nods, an approving glint in their eye that makes Hollowpaw want to vomit. Seriously, where did REDACTED get off acting all high and mighty? He might be the one with the title of apprentice stuck to his back like an annoying burr, but REDACTED was no more fully trained medicine cat than he was! They're both learning together, this isn't a situation where one has all the knowledge and has to teach it to the younger.

Briefly, the tabby tom debates getting riled up about this, but before he can open his mouth, his mentor slides forward a different herb, and the lesson continues. "That's dandelion" he says with a yawn, "the leaves are a painkiller, kinda like poppy seeds, the flowers can help with bee stings, and the roots can cure, uh, some kind of poison. Not somethin' we have to worry about too often." The whole plant was useful, which was good, because there was always plenty of the fuzzy yellow flowers in late new-leaf and early green-leaf. He especially liked the bit about the leaves being painkillers - that was the most useful part of the plant, according to him. "Can you quiz me on the more dangerous plants, now?" It's a shot in the dark, Hollowpaw isn't sure REDACTED will actually agree to it, but hey, can't fault a guy for tryin!

"Why?" His mentor questions skeptically, and Hollowpaw rolls his eyes, easily fabricating a lie to tell. [hypothetical silver tongue active]

"'Cuz,," he drawls. "It wouldn't be smart for me not ta know what plants can kill a cat, and the earlier I lern 'em, the better, don't you think?" A soundly logical conclusion to be drawn, now, if only his mentor would fall for it...

Hesitantly, his mentor wanders to their herb stores, and returns with two plants, a poppy, and a thin green stem with a few small, purpleish black berries on them. Gently, almost fearfully, REDACTED sets them down, and Hollowpaw can't help holding his breath, though he doesn't quite know why they brought over a poppy, those aren't poisonous.

"The poppy," his mentor begins, "is to give you a vague sense of what the plant might look like we don't keep foxglove in camp, so this will have to do." Tilting his head at the mention of foxglove, Hollowpaw waits for his mentor to continue. "Foxglove seeds look nearly identical to poppy seeds, although the flowers they come from are bell shaped. It isn't a painless way to die, you's first suffer paralysis, then your heart might give out, you could fall into a coma, and only then would you die."

As his mentor moves the poppy to the side, Hollowpaw commits the description of the foxglove flower and the effects of its seeds to memory. This was good to know, not only so that he might be able to identify the poisoning a cat might suffer from, but also so that he could potentially use them should the need arise. Not that he has anyone in mind right now, but you never know.

"This here is called deadly nightshade. Its flowers, too, are shaped like bells, the branches of the bush it grows on are long, and the leaves are green. When ripe - like these ones - they're a deep purple, almost black color, but they're green when unripened. We keep them because they offer a very quick death, and if some cat is suffering too greatly and there's nothing to be done to help them... it's good to offer them a way out on their own terms." Well, that was certainly a sobering explanation. Hollowpaw doesn't have much to say about that, but it might be useful to know that the berries are kept in camp, so he commits it to memory anyway.

With a nod, his mentor picks both plants back up and carries them again to the herb stores, leaving Hollowpaw to sit and ponder... suddenly this whole 'rising to power' thing doesn't feel quite right if it means he has to hurt others to accomplish it. He used to think he'd do anything to become the ruler of the world, but, now, maybe there were a few things he wouldn't do...

Quick Facts!

~ Hollowkit isn't exactly the best personality for this position, he's snippy and isn't afraid to call you stupid for any injury he deems dumb enough. Although, I've yet to really see a medicine cat that isn't your typical kind, quiet and anxious character and it's my belief that Hollowkit could shake the mold up a bit!
~ His whole 'world domination' ideology, though he's not actually looking to rule the world, and more so just wants the validation he thinks comes with it (though he doesn't know that yet so shhhh don't tell him!), it might be interesting to see how that plays out through this position, as Hollowkit will likely see this as a major stepping stone to ruling the world
~ Although it's been about half a year since i've had a hr position, and I admittedly didn't handle that very well towards the end, I now have a much better grasp of how the site works and of my own limits, so something similar won't happen again and, if I feel myself getting to that point, I trust myself to know when to step back for a bit

Last edited by Neptune.; July 23rd, 2024 at 11:39 AM.
Old July 20th, 2024, 08:42 PM
He has..THREE..eyecolors

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me
My Mood: Unamused

Good luckkkk!

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Old July 20th, 2024, 08:51 PM
Star Nymph

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Amused

You approach a snow-white cat with blue eyes, and talk to him! But he doesn't hear you! With very bad pronunciation, he says his name is Whitepaw, and that he is deaf!

LOOKS: white fur, blue eyes

PERSONALITY: He's nice, and is very smart. He does read lips, although he doesn't know sign language. He likes to help cats, and wants to do his best to understand what it going on.... although being deaf, he sometimes fails.

INTERVIEW:
Random Warrior (RW): So do you have a good sense of smell?

Whitepaw: Ih makes uhp foh nah heawing. (it makes up for not hearing)

RW: Do you think you'd make a good warrior?

Whitepaw: Noh! Cand heah, so I'd beeh uthleth in a battle, or hunting.(No! Can't hear, so I'd be useless in a battle, or hunting.)

INTERVIEW OVER AS WHITEPAW LOOKS AWAY, FEELING LIKE HE'LL JUST ALWAYS BE USELESS. HE SOBS, AS HE LIKES HELPING OTHER CATS

That's all, folks!

Kestrelpaw and nyme have been arrested for disorderly conduct, and because they were looking so happy. They are in a pitch black, awful dungeon. they will never escape. PINTO BEAN has joined them, arrested for having a migraine.
Old July 20th, 2024, 08:54 PM
Life is great

Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Asleep

Darkclaw for medcat!

---- Spiritsplash is the current deputy of TideClan!https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=86510
---- Visit Domino's Cove! He welcomes everyone! https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=86495
Old July 21st, 2024, 02:41 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Four Days (96 Hours)
My Mood: Busy

King of the Blossoms, the Beauty, and the Thorns

Oh- What’s my favourite herb, you’re askin’?
Ah. Gotta go with deathberries, those are always fun-

~ Rosepaw, Medicine Apprentice Applicant ~

Welcome to Rosepaw’s Medicine Apprentice Application!
Yes, I am allowing the sassy spunk-sprout to be considered for becoming ThunderClan’s next medicine apprentice. It would be quite a surprise if this was where all of his ambitions end up leading up to, but anyway, here we are! I would like to note that whether or not Rosepaw and I do get this position, I will be happy for whoever becomes a high rank, and I will be accepting of anything! Now with that said, feel free to read through my application!

~ Rosepaw’s Relation to Medicine~

Rosepaw certainly is not a medical prodigy. His knowledge on medical subjects is minimal, but if he were to hear his name get tossed out during a medicine apprentice ceremony, he would feel the almost instant motivation to start learning. Thanks to his tendency to try and outdo himself with every little action he makes, this apprentice will not be satisfied with himself or his position until he feels flooded with medical information. As much as this could get overwhelming for him, as it might anybody, chances are, it would also increase the efficiency of his herb training, and he would be trying to pick up knowledge as fast as possible. But all of this ambition… why herbs? Attention? Honor? Purpose? Rosepaw, being somebody who is nearly impossible to satisfy, makes it his biggest priority to climb towards the top of everything. Receiving the Medicine Cat Apprentice title would benefit him personality, thanks to the fact that it gives him the opportunity to be as successful/present around ThunderClan as he can.

I am willing to purchase purrks and put extra effort into Rosepaw’s training roleplays in order to expand his knowledge on herbs and other medical subjects. In the end, he will just feel pretty nasty with his job and responsibilities if he doesn’t know as much as he would like to about herbs. Depending on how other roleplayers feel about these sorts of plots, this may or may not lead to Rosepaw rushing himself to learn more things, leading to risky experiments and other equally dramatic plot lines, but more or less, this would all be at the cost of his own safety, rather than that of his clanmates. On a slightly lighter note, Rosepaw will be ready as anybody to literally attach himself to the medical world in order to feel deserving of his rank. He will listen to anybody and everybody decently respectfully if they offer to teach him a thing or two about herbs and medicine, as well as general facts about physical health. All at the same time, he will probably sneak in some extra battle training for himself every once and a while, just because it makes him feel extra special with himself.

It is important to note that Rosepaw pushes through non-social struggles very well, and if something every worried him, it is normally a short-lived anxiety, and it dies down the moment he experiences it just once. This will allow him to comfortably support queens during pregnancy and/or birthing roleplays, and it will also aid him when it comes to seeing excessive amounts of gore, gashes, wounds, and other things that may be triggering to other apprentices. Ironically, some might even find him overly chill with all of these situations. He handles dramatically intense situations calmly and carefully, and for the record, you could be choking on deathberries and all this kid would do is firstly, tell you to please shut up, he is trying to work, and solve the issue while thinking about his breakfast for the next morning. Things will be different during the very beginning of his medicine apprentice journey, of course, due to the high stress levels that he would experience because of the sudden change, but in the end, he would pull through just fine.

Rosepaw, in spite of the fact that he can easily come off as blunt and sarcastically disrespectful, particularly to cats around his age, is open to emotional counseling as well. He will consider it part of his job/a responsibility of his to sort out any medical issue that his clanmates might have, and if that involves mental complications, then so be it. He will put crazy amounts of strain and effort into holding back his snappiness and understanding the feline mind, trying his hardest to aid his clanmates through whatever trauma and/or other emotional challenge they may be suffering from. Finally, Rosepaw will be… chatty. By this, I mean that he will feel disrespectful if he is not constantly updating his mentor (as well as Bumblestar) about how he has been handling his job, and he will thrive on feedback. Every once in a while, he will probably pop in and ask Bumblestar if there is anything he can do to improve, all in his own hesitant, grumpy thorn-fashion. And just like Rosepaw is open to feedback, guess who else is? I am, and I will always be happy to hear about any ways I can improve.

~ About Me ~

Hello! I am Weekend-Wondering, known less publicly as Fritz! This self-reflection will likely be a bit messy, due to the fact that it is not common for me to talk about myself so much. It is awkward for me, so that will probably start to show, at least eventually. Nonetheless, I am more than happy to ramble, so here goes nothing. You can find some random, probably unnecessary facts about me in my profile biography, but here, I will be sticking to the information that is most important to a possible high rank role on this roleplay site. Firstly, let’s knock out the basics, because that’s the easy part. To summarize my personality briefly, I will just be a bit lazy and break down ENTP-T real quick. E, representing, ‘External’, shows that I am energized by the outer world and the people that surround me. But it is important to note that technically I am only 56% extroverted/external, and do spent a lot of time in my own head and I do appreciate alone time almost as much as I do social time. E, representing, ‘Intuitive’, meaning that I think more abstractly about information, focusing on future ideas and possibilities as opposed to present day situations/occurrences. T #1, representing, ‘Thinking’, means that my decisions are more led based on rationality and logic, rather than my emotions and feelings. In addition to this, one of my biggest values is reasoning and/or justification. P, representing, ‘Perceiving’, meaning that I simply plan less and adapt to change better. T #2, representing, ‘Turbulent’, just shows that instead of being calm, confident, and laid back, I tend to feel more anxious, self-cautious, and I am more of a perfectionist. I called those basics, so I apologize if that took a boring while to read.

- High Rank FLAWS -
Here, I will address all of the possible obstacles in my High Rank Roleplayer-success. Overall, like many others, my schedule and timeframe is most likely the worst thing here, being the thing that will cause me the most trouble. But in the end, it is always possible to work around it. My time management skills are improving as I, slowly but surely, adjust to being a more independent person.
1). I have no high rank experience. I have never roleplayed a high rank character, and this will be my first time. Despite this, I have kept a close eye on all of the high rank information and/or advise I can find, specifically about medicine cats and medicine apprentices, and as I create this application, I have already confirmed with myself that I am ready to accept the responsibility and effort required to roleplay a high rank character, even if it is my very first time.
2.) I have a lot of questions. I always have this worry that I never know as much as I’m supposed to, and I can see being a High Rank playing a strong role in some of that in the future. I might be a slight bother, constantly coming to other high ranks with questions and queries, but for other people’s sake, I might try to keep the interrogations questions to a minimum.
3.) I do not use discord. This might be a slight communication blockage. But all things considered, I am perfectly fine to stick to private messages and other means of communication within the Warrior Cats Online website itself. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
4.) The weather is against me. As insignificant to this site as that may sound, it matters a little bit. I live on an island, and storms eat up the place every five seconds, sometimes knocking out the power/cell-service. In the end, I will always try to find a way to get posts out anyway, though with some mild struggle. As much of a flaw as this may be, I find it funny that I have to include it.

- High Rank STRENGTHS -
Here, I will address the strengths of mine that might be beneficial to a possible future high rank position.
1). I am motivated. I have read through all of the high rank requirements and expectations, and I am motivated to meet them to the best of my abilities. I have accepted the problems, and I have mentally prepared myself to handle them.
2). I am as active as possible. I find whatever time I can to slip in a roleplay reply, and on average, I’ll get one to four posts out daily, each being from three to ten paragraphs long, depending on what I have to work with.
3). I am emotionally flexible. I can work my way around any complications in plot and/or character development, and if something disappoints me, I move on fairly quickly. If the death and/or disappearance of any character surprises me, I adapt to the change well, and then I move on.
4). I am willing. Similarly to how I am motivated, I am willing to pull through complications. I am willing to be confused every once in a while, and I am willing to put effort into helping ThunderClan run as it should with Rosepaw. In other words, I have seen the requirements, I have accepted them, and most importantly, I have not only seen passed the flaws, I have found things to look forward to in the process of roleplaying a high rank character.

With the strengths and weaknesses out of the way, I will finish this about-me off by talking about post length, quality, and speed. As one would probably expect, the longer the post, the longer it will take to get finished. I have the attention span of a carrot sometimes, but as long as I give myself five minute breaks every one and a while during long posts, I am A-Okay. My average post is six to eight paragraphs long, but that range can stretch out to 3-8 paragraphs depending on the circumstances, and maybe even 2-9 if things get wonky enough, or I’m rushed/unusually happy. After putting some thought into it, my estimate is that singular Medicine Den roleplay posts will be around four paragraphs long, possibly three- two, if I’m working with a one liner- but generally, more important roleplays mean longer posts. Now, with that said, I can only hope that I haven’t come off as boring, and now… time for the next section!

~ Roleplay Examples ~

- Written example of your average Medicine Den visit with Rosepaw -

The russet and brown tabby herbalist moved about his den, glowering amber gaze flickering stiffly over its features. ThunderClan’s medicine den was a place that illness hung over, blood drenched, and dirtiness in general hung around, and being the unfortunate perfectionist that he was, Rosepaw spent each and every morning carefully observing it for any messy imperfections, such as extra splatters of blood and/or fur on the ground, any vomit (thanks, yarrow), and even any extra rotting herbs that might stink up the den with their bitter stench as they withered away. As he scanned his den for any and all unwanted nastiness, Rosepaw was completely oblivious to the bundle of babies trudging along forward towards his den, bobbing up and down as they clumsily approached the entrance to the Medicine Den. Little did they know, at least ag the moment, but the very thing Rosepaw hated most about this job of his was the kittens. As hilarious as it probably was to see him sarcastically snapping and snarling at anybody who tried at defying him, usually racing through mental quizzes to test his intelligence and engaging in other forms of skill-requiring behavior, Rosepaw had a mild phobia of kittens. He did not like them, and he certainly did not like them wandering around, clambering around before him and turning his herbs into horrifying heaps of bark, crumbs, and sad, crippled leaf-bits. But as a medicine apprentice rice, he understood that he would have to get over this eventually. He simply was not prepared for any kittens today.

When the sound of light, tiny footsteps pattering in his direction met the tired herbalist’s earshot, his eyes flashed with annoyance and reluctance, an uncharacteristic discomfort that you never saw in him until the little ones demanded his attention. Quickly, one of the small children’s voices sounded from behind him, a young and joyously eager tom-kit. “Hey… HEY!!! Rosepo… pah… pop! Rosypop!” After butchering Rosepaw’s apprentice title, the kid came hurtling in his direction, and heart clenching, the medicine apprentice whipped around to face him with a fiery glare of irritation. But as the brown and russet feline turned around to glare at the tom-Kit, he noticed another two medicine-den-contaminations, two she-kits that he recognized as the first tom-kit’s sisters, hurrying towards him. Rosepaw felt his heart sink to the pits of his stomach, and instinctively, his glare hardened. The first tom-kit stopped in front of him, and without taking any notice to Rosepaw’s obvious displeasure, he squeaked upward at him, “So- so, Rosypop, so- so- I was walking around, and while I was walking by thorns, and I walked on a thorn, but it actually didn’t go in my paw, so I’m okay, but my sister also walked on a thorn, and so- so- so she got it stuck in her paw! It looks ouchy, Rosypop, you should look!” Rosepaw had barely taken in a single word that had left the tom-cat’s mouth, so blinking in confusion, he took a moment to process it. Of course, the small tom had included a lot of information that was not necessary to him in any way, but the overall gist of his little tale was that his sister had stepped on a thorn, and now it was in her paw. Naturally. Kittens and thorns came together like magnets, apparently.

Rosepaw’s response landed directly on the tom-kit, and Rosepaw only realized he was snarling once the words had already started to leave his mouth. “A’ight, so she’s injured, what gives ya’ the idea that the rest’a ya’ll have to be here? Shoo-!” He was interrupted. With a small whimper of confusion and unease, the tom-Kit took a step back, whining, “Well, Rosepaw, ya’ see, we-” Rosepaw cut him off briefly, “Quit callin’ me that, kid.” Once the medicine apprentice was done snapping, the nervous tom-Kit nodded hastily, and continued to talk as he stepped backward towards the medicine den’s entrance. “Yeah… sorry, uh… sir… we just wanted to um… help her in safely, so…” Rosepaw raised an eyebrow. The young herbalist sighed deeply for a moment, shutting his eyes, before reopening them unhappily and shaking his head. He forced his tone to soften down for a moment, and silently reminding himself that they were only small children, small children who did not deserve to be snapped at like this so early, and with that, he apologized himself. He seriously had to work on being more emotionally supportive. “Yeah, yeah… a’ight, I get’cha, I’m sorry. I ain’t havin’ a good day today, so just do me a big favor and head on out back to the nursery, yeah? N’ I’ll help your sister?” He watched, barely covering up his impatience with a fake look of sympathy and reassurance, until finally, the tom-kit gave him a small but genuine smile, nodding hastily and darting out. As he snatched his other, non-poked sister and hurried out of the den, he yowled at Rosepaw, “A’IGHT! Fun to say- I’ll tell Ma’ that she was wrong to call you a rowdy grumps!

Rosepaw decided to not think too hard on what some random child’s mother thought of him, and shaking those miniature concerns form his head, he gestured for the she-kit standing before him to approach with the flick of his tail. Then yawning, the medicine apprentice’s amber gaze landed on her paw, scanning it for any sight of a thorn. He was slowly but surely getting over his fear of her, now that the rest of the kittens had left him alone, and he could feel his fur flattening. Then vaguely impatiently, he instructed her, “A’ight, paw out, will ya’? I’ve gotta see it to help it, don’t’cha think?” He waited as the she-kit gaped up at him with wide, anxious eyes. She appeared to still worry that he was about to snap again… and that mindset certainly would not help Rosepaw. The more nervous patients were, the longer it normally took to heal up whatever injury and/or illness they were dealing with together. So grudgingly, Rosepaw forced himself to act as if he was your stereotypical, happy-go-lucky medicine cat, nice and sweet as honey, like the friendly grandfather in an old tale. Pleasantly, and possibly excessively gently, he explained, “Uh… you’re good. I’m not gonna yell at’cha, I… feel better now, I s’pose. Again, I’ve had a hard day, and I snapped at your brother ‘cause’a that, ‘kay?” Then he couldn’t help it. His gaze flashed with slight annoyance, and he held out a paw. “Now, paw? The thorn?

Fortunately for the russet tabby herbalist, this she-kit did not seem too terribly affected by his annoyance, and with a tiny, shy smile, she nodded, outstretching her paw towards his and flipping it over to expose a dark, thin thorn buried deep beneath her paw, bits of dry blood clumping ups round the little wound. As she did, she mumbled, “Oh… well, that’s okay. My Pap says that I’m not s’posed to judge I guy on what he says, but sometimes I do anyway. You’re actually pretty nice, I think… just a bits grumpy sometimes!” As the small she-kit’s smile brightened, Rosepaw barely resisted the urge to roll his eyes. The thought of, You wish, kid, briefly crossed his mind, before he spoke to her, simply and honestly. “A’ight, cool. Now, I ain’t gonna lie to ya’, this’ll hurt a tiny bit, so-” When the she-kit’s smile dropped, and her eyes widened, Rosepaw was swift to reassure her. “-buuut, there’s always a but, uh… trust me, it’s gonna feel so much better once you don’t have a nettle cramped up in your paw. So on the count’s three, sound good?” Once the small she-kit’s smile creeped back onto her face, and she gave him a couple hesitant nods, Rosepaw began to nod along with her. He did not bother to smile, but he kept his voice quiet and oddly respectful for somebody with his personality, beginning their countdown at, “Okay, one… two…” As the she-kit continued to count, shutting her eyes tightly and preparing to endure the pain of thorn-snatching, Rosepaw leaned forward and dipped his head to make room for the spiky poof of fluff on his head, preparing to swipe the thorn away. He hooked his jaws around it, was careful to avoid breaking it as he did, and right on a muffled, “Three!” he yanked it out from the she-kit’s paw pad. She squealed, he winced, but they were all okay once it was over.

Rosepaw ignored the stinging aftermath of the she-kit’s scream in his ears as he dropped the thorn to his front paws, kicking it aside into his pile of ‘stray, possibly useful things’, alongside random sticks and random tough, bind-worthy leaves he had found out in the forest. His bored stare snapped back down to the she-kit, and he found her staring sorrowfully at the droplet of blood bubbling up where the thorn had been snatched, and quickly, he grabbed a small glob of moss and running it lazily through the stream. He forgot to ask permission before taking her paw in his own, dabbing down the drop of blood with the damp moss, muttering something about stupid, nasty blood and thorns to himself underneath his breath, and the she-kit watched him work with watery eyes. Then once he had the moss safely compressed onto the wound, Rosepaw glanced around at the ground beneath them for any sign of unwanted paw-blood droplets, and when he found none, he turned around to face the she-kit again with a tiny, forced smile. “Fun, right? Now, shoo. Go join your brother- n’ make sure that your mother finally realizes I ain’t a… hold up, what was it… ah, Rowdy Grumpus. Let ‘er know that I’m actually quite friendly, ‘eh?” He was half-joking, but in all seriousness, he would feel a bit more comforted if some queen did not think quite so lowly of him and his personality. The she-kit snickered, dipped her head to thank him, and turned tail to sprint out of the den. Then looking stunningly similar to how her brother had on his own way out, she yelled at him as she left, “I will- n’ I’ll even show ‘er how good you were at stoppin’ the bleeding!” With that said, she disappeared into the bright light of camp, and Rosepaw stood alone. He exhaled, and allowed the fake kindness to rush out from his face. Well, I’m guessin’ that’s just one step closer to me bein’ a decently nice guy ‘round kittens… cool, I didn’t even tell ‘er to ‘shut it, scrap’ when she screamed… I’d say I’m makin’ progress here! That’s development for ya’, ain’t it?

- Written example of Rosepaw’s Reaction to an Emergency -

Pain is the only thing on your mind as you hobble your way over towards safety. Bloody gashes lay splattered across your flanks, your head feels as if it’s been bashed to the ground, and your muscles scream their begs and pleads for you to simply slow down to a stop right here in the middle of camp. Shame clenches your heart as you approach the Medicine Den, pleasant lair of [Medicine Cat] and their apprentice, Rosepaw, and as you fight to maintain the rhythm of your own breath, the anxious of eyes drifting in your direction. You can feel their worry, that is for certain, but you’re too busy struggling your way towards the medicine den to care much for their attention. You are independent, you are strong, and most importantly, you are far too young, but even still, you are dying. Or, at least, that’s what it feels like. It isn’t long before you hear the pounding of footsteps coming your way, and in a heartbeat, there’s somebody beneath you, hoisting whatever’s left of you onto their shoulders with a grunt of effort. You recognized the large, scarred apprentice as ThunderClan’s medicine apprentice, and feeling a wave of relief fall over you, you finally give yourself a break and begin to close your eyes. Unfortunately, Rosepaw isn’t having it. Anger rings in his voice as he snap at you, “Nah-uh, eyes open! What, ya’ wanna knock out early as possible? How ‘bout make my job a bit easier and don’t be unconscious, ey’? Sound good?” As the russet and brown apprentice half-drags you towards the entrance to his den, he does not wait for a response, answering for you. “A’ight, good.

Reluctantly, you force your eyelids to lift back over your eyes, a red droplet falling down from your eyelash and onto your cheek. It seems one of your ears has decided to get torn off, and when you hear the noise of gasps and whispers all around camp, it sounds to be coming only from one side. Half-deaf and feeling the worst pain you have ever experienced in your lifetime, you barely manage to explain what’s happened to the medicine apprentice dragging you. Shallowly and shakily, you mumble, “Th-there, it… some rouge, and… h… just crossed the border, so y-y’know, I tried chasing ‘em… off, but… the-” Rosepaw shifts his head up a little to shoot you an amber glare. Then grumpily, he tells you, “Shut up, n’ quit wastin’ your energy, your breath.” Then as he turns back to the medicine den, he adds, “If ya’ keep on open in’ your eyes, speakin’ when it ain’t necessary, all’a that crap, you’re only makin’ it worse. Just be awake n’ aware, ‘till I ask ya’ a question, a’ight?” Finally, it seems you’ve reached the Medicine Den, a large gap underneath scrambling roots, pink petals resting at the entrance. Rosepaw finishes hauling you in, and loudly, he calls out for support. “AY’! [Medicine Cat]!!! I’ve got some dyin’ apprentice o’er here, wanna help? Bleedin’ ‘emself into a pulp, n’ plus, he won’t shut up, so-” The tabby apprentice pauses to gently lower you to the ground, before finishing off his shout. “-I’ll fend off any nosy-ass idiots from comin’ in and buggin’ ‘em, and we’ll be good to go. Bring juniper berries r’ something else ya’ haven’t taught me yet that helps with strength… n’ moss, lots’a moss. Guy’s awfully torn up- done by some rouge r’ somethin’, he said.

Eventually, [Medicine Cat] arrives with both juniper berries and a nice amount of moss, and they get to work almost immediately. [Medicine Cat] tells Rosepaw that he can work on force-feeding you some juniper berries while they try and put a stop to the bleeding. So grumpily, Rosepaw steps back and away from the major wounds, muttering something about his lack of REAL purpose as he reaches for the juniper berries. As you watch the apprentice fiddle around with the berries, plucking them off of their sticks, you silently prepare for the taste. You have made visits to the medicine den before, and herbs, of course, do not taste much like prey, and normally, you leave with your mouth tasting like leaves for the next seven sunrises. Fortunately, you have bigger worries at the moment, so when Rosepaw dips his head and quietly instructs, “Mouth open,” to you, you just nod and obey. Once he finishes feeding you an appropriate amount of berries, he glances in [Medicine Cat]’s direction. Awkwardly, he asks, “Ya’ said somethin’ about uh… poppy helping’ cats sleep? It helps with pain, yeah, but it would be a bad idea right now, I’m assumin’ since this kid’s uh… dyin’. Ey’?” Your eyes flash with fear, and apparently Rosepaw catches on, because he turns his head to flower at you. Then simply, he snaps, “What? Happens to the best of us, what’d ya’ expect? Anyway, we MIGHT rescue ya’, who knows-” The blunt Medicine Apprentice falls silent when [Medicine Cat] tells him to quit freaking you out. Stiffly, Rosepaw apologizes. “Sorry, sorry. S’ just honesty, but I get it, I get it.

After some time, you can barely keep your eyes open, despite the juniper berries running in your system and the moss trying to clot up all of your blood. This is… not working. Crimson lakes puddle up all around your body, and you can feel the pain fading… numbing. In fact, everything is disappearing. You cannot feel your feet, your legs, and you have a strong feeling that your shoulders are next. Miserably, you try at alerting [Medicine Cat] and Rosepaw, but the only sound that leaves your mouth is a small, pathetic squeak. Oh, perfect, You think to yourself, sarcastically. There I go, then. You begin to accept it, your death. Some moss and berries cannot keep you alive, not when trails of blood flood from your fur like rivers. So you begin to close your eyes, when a loud voice snaps the, back open. This time it’s your turn to glare, and unhappily, you gaze up at the face above you. It’s ThunderClan’s Medicine Apprentice again, staring down in your direction with anxiety dancing in his expression. Then in an uncharacteristically shaky fashion, he pleads, “A’ight, I didn’t mean it, really- I was jokin’, I didn’t mean you would actually… die… so, stop dyin’, I guess. Stop it- uh-” After hearing this brilliant advise, you ignore the apprentice, fully shutting your eyes this time. If he wants to scream and snap at you for dying, then so be it. But instead, you hear a smaller voice. He’s added, “Sorry, I mean, if you’re really goin’ away, then… I dunno. Um-” Oh, that’s right. Rosepaw has never dealt with a dying patient before, this is a first for the new medicine apprentice. You open your eyes slightly to glance towards [Medicine Cat], and when they notice, with sorrow clinging to their face, they dip their head, and back away. They are older and wiser than Rosepaw, and seeing as you are trying to die in peace, without the interruption of painful paws and moss, they give you the space you need. Slowly but surely, Rosepaw adjusts. Once you feel you can confirm that both herbalists have accepted the issue, feeling oddly impatient, you let your eyes close for the third time in a row. Then as eternal sleep creeps it’s way into your head and mind, ThunderClan’s medicine cat wishes you luck in the afterlife. A second or two later, their apprentice joins, and the very last thing you hear is the young tom mumbling, “Oh, yeah- right. StarClan path your light- sorry- light your path. Is that what I’m supposed to… say…?

// Rarely do I ever write a death post, so… I apologize if you laughed too much while reading this \\

- Written example of a Counseling Visit with Rosepaw

The russet and brown apprentice scurried about the Medicine Den, fiddling with herbs without much else to do. It was one of those days where he found himself free of overwhelming situations, which he had to admit was wonderfully relieving, but all the same, he was growing bored. The most the young apprentice could do was play around with the herbs and plants that they had collected along the way, sort out anything that needed sorting, and silently enjoy himself flicking water at the sleeping elder on the other side of the nursery. The worst case in the medicine den at the moment was a thorn buried deep in a kitten’s paw, and even that was currently being dealt with efficiently by ThunderClan’s medicine cat. So in the end, Rosepaw was left to scavenge his den out for any source of fun, because you could only organize your herb storage for so long before boredom became your source of thought and emotion. Eventually, with a small huff, Rosepaw took a step back, glowering grumpily at the stocks of juniper berries, thyme, catmint, gazing over them for the millionth time in a row to confirm that they were well stocked. Once he was sure, he allowed his head to fall, stare dropping down to his front paws. I s’pose anythin’s better than dealin’ with a dyin’ cat… ’R some other emergency, but DANG! He thought to himself with a sniff. Herb-watchin’ ain’t my ideal source’a fun at all. But he was not left miserable for very long. A moment or so after this last thought, footsteps neared the Medicine Den, and Rosepaw’s head stepped up, his eyes flashing briefly with interest. A voice greeted them from the medical den’s entrance as the bored Medicine Apprentice swiveled around to face it’s source.

A ThunderClan warrior stood stiffly at the entrance to the Medicine Den, awkwardly swaying as he called out, “H-Hey, [Medicine Cat], and… Rosepaw, got a minute or two, maybe?” Rosepaw’s response was incident. The russet tabby Medicine Apprentice whipped around instantly, so quickly that it made his warrior-guest wince in surprise. Then loudly, he confirmed, “YeeeeUP, I do- So what’s up, Sir? Ya’ need physical ‘r emotional help?” When the ThunderClan warrior did not enter immediately, Rosepaw’s eyes of amber fell narrow, and he added hesitantly, “Welcome in? Ay’, what’s the wait all ‘bout?” The warrior at the den’s entrance dipped his head in thanks, and slowly, he entered the den with a light laugh. Then quietly, he began to speak. “Oh- sorry. Emotionally, actually, uh-” He shifted his head to face ThunderClan’s Medicine Cat, blinking. “But it looks like [Medicine Cat]’s a bit busy at the moment, so I can… go, if that’s neccessa-” Rosepaw was not having that. This warrior had arrived in need of emotional support, and the medicine apprentice was more than happy to get out of his boredom cycle, so he was quick to shake his head. “Nuh-uh, I’ll handle it. I’m a brat, sure, but not when I’m not allowed to be, so no worries, I’ll listen to ya’ respectfully.” The ThunderClan warrior gazed at him with doubt clotting his gaze for a moment, but eventually, he shrugged it off and nodded to show his gratitude again. Raising his voice, he told Rosepaw, “Sounds… good, then. Sorry to be a bother.

Rosepaw scoffed, clicking his teeth. “You ain’t a bother in comparison to some others, man, trust me,” Then with a sigh, stiffly, he added, “Had a kit come on in yesterday cryin’ ‘cause her brother called ‘er a mousebrain ‘r somethin’, tellin’ me that she’d need emotional support for the rest of ‘er life. Funny kid.” Then with a dry chuckle, the russet and brown apprentice gestured for the warrior to follow him to a brighter calmer corner of their den. Rosepaw personally preferred this chosen this spot for his counseling sessions with his clanmates because of the pleasant atmosphere of it all. It sat directly beside a section of his herb storage, and along it’s edge ran the stream, perfect for Rosepaw to suggest his patients take a drink/break if they ever got too nervous when speaking with him. As scruffy and easily ruffled as the Medicine Apprentice appeared outside of his counseling sessions, he sorted his personality and attitude when it came to emotional guidance, because with a personality like his, that was really the only way he wouldn’t make everybody who came in cry. He pat the ground in front of him with a paw to suggest the ThunderClan Warrior take a seat ahead of him, following the older tom-cat with his gaze as they stepped past him, stopping obediently and sitting down in front of him. Then decently softly, tone casual and simple, Rosepaw officially began their counseling session. “A’ight, go for it, oh- and-” He leaned forward towards the warrior slightly. “Just as a lil’ reminder, unless you tell me somethin’ that keepin’ secret would put you or someone else in danger, all secrets are safe with me, ‘kay? Kay.” He leaned back, and perked his large ears to listen.

The ThunderClan warrior took a deep but subtle breath, and then began. “Thank you, genuinely. I’m sure you’re aware that recently my mate stepped in here to talk about her uh… issue,” When the warrior grunted, the memory of it flashed back into Rosepaw’s head. The medicine apprentice’s eyes widened a little bit as he recalled the scene from several days earlier. A ThunderClan she-cat had recently lost the kittens the very same day the stars gifted them to her, due to some complication during the birthing process. Rosepaw felt a natural softness creep into his gaze as he stared at the father of these dead children, a rare sympathy entering his heart. He was a bit surprised that this tom had as much energy as he did in spite of these recent incidents. The ThunderClan warrior continued with a small, rueful smile. “She’s been seeing [Medicine Cat] for her own emotional struggles, so I’m not so much here for her… she’s doing perfect as one can, and for that, I am glad,” The warrior’s smile grew for a moment, before falling back as he kept talking. Rosepaw listened patiently as the tom spoke, “I’m here to make sure I get through things alright as well. It hasn’t traumatized me to the point where I can barely eat or anything like that, I mean… hurts, yeah, of course- but that’s enough to send myself here, right?” Quickly, Rosepaw nodded and answered, “Right.” Once the word was done leaving Rosepaw’s mouth, the warrior kept talking. “The worst issue’s gotta be uh… my reaction to seeing kittens…? I suppose…? It’s… it’s a weird jealousy, I think, and- oh, don’t get me wrong, like seriously, I’m happy for them and their mothers, all of them, it just feels unfair of StarClan to snatch others and leave the rest be, doesn’t it? The other thing’s just the overall grief in general, but… I’m sure you’ve seen that before.

Rosepaw realized that for the moment, that was really all that the warrior had to say, so he straightened his posture and lifted his head. Once he had the warrior’s proper attention, he started to respond. “Ay, I can see that, I see. Not relate, of course, but see, certainly. Now, when it comes to grievin’, do note that although yeah, ‘course I’ve seen it before, every individual deals with it differently, so we’ll probably need to sort that out with you specifically eventually. Not necessarily today, just whenever you feel comfortable, eh’?” he waited for the warrior to nod in agreement before continuing. “There ain’t nothin’ wrong with feelin’ like it ain’t fair, that’s what you’ve gotta keep in mind. It isn’t fair, an’ it certainly ain’t your fault. You can’t control what goes on up in the afterlife, n’ what nonsense they decide to start up down here, but there’s one thing that ya’ can control. What do ya’ think?” The warrior paused for a moment, gaze flickering awkwardly towards the ground for a moment, before popping back up to meet Rosepaw’s. Hesitantly, the warrior asked, “Happiness, maybe?” The russet and brown Medicine Apprentice squinted, and responded, “Close… ‘ish. Not so much happiness, maybe, that just bein’ an’ emotion n’ all. There’s the thing ‘bout emotions- ya’ can’t immediately control how ya’ feel, feelin’s come naturally, especially in situations kind’a like your own. However, ya’ can control- or at least improve- your attitude n’ perspective towards it all. I know it’ll sound cheesy, but it’s true when it say that betterin’ your attitude towards somethin’ll get ya’ far. You’ll find that everythin’s weirdly easier when it isn’t an Mental-Hell.” Rosepaw noticed the ThunderClan warrior squinting at him a bit skeptically, so grumpily, he added, “Yeah, yeah… I’m one to talk, I’m sure. But y’know, I’m no liar. So where was I goin’ with this- ah, yeah, jealousy issue. Now, just to be clear, I ain’t just tellin’ ya’ to not be jealous, that would be awfully stupid’a me, wouldn’t it? Nah, I’m tellin’ ya’ to focus a bit more on the brighter areas’a life. Y’know, talk with your mate, with your buddies, hang out with some… er… kittens, if ya’d wanna, show n’ apprentice a thing or two about fightin’ off idiotic RiverClan slops, Y’know, all’a that good stuff. If ya’ spend all’a your time in the dark, ‘course ya’ ain’t gonna get enough sunlight, there ain’t any.

The warrior tilted his head, and then slowly, he asked, “And what about the misery? Where does it go?” Rosepaw smiled with slight bitterness, his tail swishing around his own face. Through gritted teeth, he told him, “Firstly, me. But there’s more to it than that, ‘course. From what all I’ve seen in other strugglers, takin’ a walk ‘r somethin’ can help. Dependin’ on what makes ya’ feel best, feel free to go alone or with a few others, unless Bumblestar sets up some rule to hoard us all up in camp unless we’ve got a buddy. Speakin’a bein’ alone… respect your social boundaries. In fact, respect all’a your boundaries, really. If ya’ want some alone time, ya’ deserve it, just not 24/7. If ya’ don’t like cats pryin’ about your emotional state, tell them it’s personal, and they’ll- hopefully- be on their merry way. Don’t let things be mroe stressful than they’ve gotta, in other words. Now, I ain’t sure what to tell ya’ now, but do ya’ have any other questions, comments, ‘r concerns?” Rosepaw finally took a moment to breath, and as the ThunderClan warrior considered for a moment, he waited. Eventually, the warrior’s answer came out as, “…Mm, not that I know of. Not yet, at least. ‘S it alright if I come back once I wanna talk a bit more about the grieving part of it all? I uh… ha, sorry, kinda wanna know what to say before I get here, if that’s… alright with you?” Rosepaw nodded quickly, and reassured, the warrior thanked him. Again. “Ah, okay- great, thanks- thank you. I’ll um… be gone, then. Sound good?” Rosepaw shrugged and nodded, grunting as he hoisted his long-haired self up onto all four of his paws. Then casually, he told the warrior, “Uh-huh, you do you. I’ve gotta get clean, last time I rinsed the dirt from my pelt was… early this morning. Nasty, nasty stuff…” Never mind that it was only the afternoon. So as Rosepaw stepped aside towards the stream, dipping a paw into the shallow waters, the ThunderClan warrior chuckled, and kindly, he said his goodbyes. “Yup, you… do that. Anyway, you’re a whole lot nicer during counseling sessions. Some of us are surprised you can handle it, in fact.” At the sound of that, Rosepaw scoffed, and smirked slightly. Gaze landing on the warrior, he yawned, and send him off with a returned farewell. “Yup, and it’s only half an act. Jokin’. Now shoo, the dirt in my fur needs flickin’, n’ your interruptin’!

~ Why Rosepaw? ~

Activity: 86/100

Currently, the only obstacle in Rosepaw’s activity is his lack of friends and positive social relationships. But I’ve been trying to throw him into as many training sessions as I possibly can. He is currently almost six and a half moons old, and he has experienced three battle lessons, one or two hunting lessons, one climbing lesson, and soon he will interact with a Dark Forest Mentor to learn even more. He can be seen interacting with kittens, cats from other clans at gatherings, his fellow apprentices during training sessions, random cats in camp, etc., and I am confident that if he becomes a Medicine Apprentice, then he would have a strange obsession with checking in on his clanmates, running physical-health related events (even mental health ones on occasion) and handling other Medicine Cat related expectations.

Trustworthy: 91/100

Rosepaw idolizes Bumblestar in a way, so if she were to announce him as ThunderClan’s new Apprentice, then he would feel an automatic requirement to hold her trust. Excluding his handful of emotional troubles (including some slight depression, fear of abandonment, and lack of a sense of purpose), he will make a strong effort to tell her everything he can, possibly even too much every once and a while. If there’s some ThunderClan cat who he does not trust, he will approach Bumblestar and inform her of the issue. Rosepaw will be willing to betray close friends and family in order to ensure the safety of ThunderClan, and if he catches a loved one severely breaking the warrior code/disgracing ThunderClan, he will find a way to send word to Bumblestar about the incident. Who knows, he might even disturb some people with how obedient to his leader he is. Most of Rosepaw’s kitty-political actuons and behaviors will be influenced by Bumblestar’s own, and if he ever doubts her leadership even slightly, he will probably feel a bit bad. He might be hesitant to disagree with her, but if it’s a small disagreement, believing that honesty is the best policy, Rosepaw will let her know. Overall, his extreme loyalty to Bumblestar may or may not make some cats feel as he is overly protective and/or obsessive over his leader and her abilities, but he most likely will not care.

Authoritative: 87/100

Seeing as he has some sort of obsession with telling cats exactly what is wrong eith them and exactly what they need to improve on, Rosepaw will probably very much enjoy the High Rank power. He will make sure to comment sternly on anybody breaking rules, talking out of their place, or simply stepping past the smallest of boundaries, and he will make it one of his bigger goals to keep everybody in line. However, he will not want to co-lead ThunderClan until ThunderClan is in desperate need of a leadership substitute, but I’m guessing that rarely will the entire clan be so desperate for a functioning leader that they choose a literal apprentice to help them. Rosepaw will leave the major issues to Bumblestar, supporting whenever his support is needed and standing beside her during clanwide conflict- or any conflict, at that. Rosepaw will snap at cats if he catches them breaking the rules, and he will report literally everything negatively out of the ordinary to Bumblestar, and he may or may not be a frequent visitor to her den. Because of this strong appreciation for his leader, in addition, he will freak if she is ever in danger/trouble. This is why he will seriously use his authoritative personality traits against anybody in his clan who shows signs of an interest in rebelling against Bumblestar for some reason, and chances are, if he hears somebody talk against her leadership skills even a little, he will contradicts them and jump into a long, long rant about why they’re wrong and why Bumblestar is amazing.

Communication: 91/100
Once again, Rosepaw will report anything and everything wrong to his leader, and he will be happy to listen to any important news that she has to say. I believe that Bumblestar has interacted with him a time or two in the past, so she has probably witnessed his respect for her, his ambition, and maybe even his constant grumpy sarcasm. She might be familiar with the fact that if something is wrong, he will come trudging in her direction with the news, and this might influence her decision to make him ThunderClan’s medicine cat. If something is wrong, Rosepaw sees absolutely no point in secrecy, and for the sake of his clan’s safety, he will explain the situation to Bumblestar/cats similar in authority as quickly as he can. Whenever he needs to, he will also be happy to communicate with the other high ranks, especially his mentor/the new medicine cats. Depending on who ends up getting that position, Rosepaw could seriously that new mentor of his. When it comes to Spiderthroat/Deputies, Rosepaw will see the importance of communicating with and trusting them, because, of course, he feels that Bumblestar never would have chosen the, in the first place if they weren’t worthy of her trust. In summary, communication will be something Rosepaw truly values.

-Rosepaw’s Limitations-
Here, I will rank and explain Rosepaw’s limitations and comfort levels when it comes to his possible medical career. A ten means that he is completely comfortable with it and there is no emotional struggle to follow, and a zero means that dealing with it is literally the worst thing he could experience and he is completely unable to handle the burden of it.

Generally, Rosepaw handles gore and bloody things well emotionally, and at most, too much of it will annoy him. He has seen blood before, he has nearly bled to death himself, but in the end, it does not frighten him or trigger any traumas. Though, he is a perfectionist and a neat-freak, so if it gets in his fur, he feels nasty, but it is not scary. It is simply hard to clean.
No Gore/Mild Scrapes and Scratches: 10/10 This is a breeze, and Rosepaw feels absolutely no fear. He is very comfortable with this, and it does not worry him in the least.
Mild Gore/Slight Bleeding: 10/10 This is also a breeze, and because of the simplicity of medical care for these kinds of wounds, Rosepaw is fearless, and he is very comfortable with it. It does not worry him.
Heavy Gore/Gashes and deep cuts: 10/10 This can be a bit more complicated, but these complications do not make Rosepaw feel uneasy. It is not the blood itself that worries him, it is the safety of the patient. He is very comfortable with this kind of bleeding.
Major Gore/Constant Heavy Bleeding: 9.3/10 Heavy bleeding will probably make Rosepaw feel slightly uneasy, or even shameful. But in the end, it does not make him feel anxious or sick, and he pulls through just fine. He is comfortable with this form of bleeding/gore.

Rosepaw, due to being unable to be pregnant himself, might feel slightly awkward during pregnancy roleplays in the beginning. But as he grows older and more experienced, he will adjust to it all perfectly fine. When births/pregnancies get really dramatic and/or painful, he might feel mildly uneasy, mostly just because he knows he will never be able to relate to the feeling.

Simple, Easy Births: 10/10- Rosepaw will feel perfectly comfortable guiding/supporting queens through easy births. They will not make him uneasy, and he will casually greet a bunch of kittens to the world.
Births with mild complications: 9.9/10- Rosepaw will confidentially work through any complications, and he will also make an effort to ease any anxious parents with his Rosepaw-style emotional support. He will feel comfortable with this.
Births with several complications/struggles 8.5/10- These births will worry him, and he might begin to doubt his own abilities, but he will get over it quickly for the sake of the queen and her kittens. He makes it out of these roleplays confident.
Births with severe complications: 8/10- These will probably worry Rosepaw for a while, and he will feel awkward, but similarly to the several-complication-births, he will make it out A-Okay. He will find some extra motivation in these roleplays.
Stillborns/Dying Queens + Kits: 8.9/10- Rosepaw, especially after witnessing several deaths, will learn how to emotionally support anybody in need. He will recognize the pain of losing children, and he will try his hardest to support queens with dead kittens. If a queen has died, Rosepaw will kindly and simply explain the situation to any family members, particularly their mate.

Rosepaw will make sure to check in on any pregnant queens every once in a while, and if incidents occur that lead to emotional guidance becoming necessary, he will gladly support them through it. Especially if he becomes a medicine cat/medicine cat apprentice, in spite of his blunt sarcasm, Rosepaw will see strong value in the psychological health of his clanmates, and he will understand that in the wild-cat life, deaths and pregnancy struggle will be a frequent issue. He will train himself to be emotionally helpful to anybody in need.

Simple, Easy Pregnancies: 10/10- Rosepaw will casually congratulate queens, and then he will confidently and comfortably guide them through the pregnancy.
Pregnancies with mild struggles: 9.5/10- Rosepaw will casually congratulate the queens, and upon noticing struggles, he will assure them that it’s alright, and with that, he will give them proper medication and physical + emotional support.
Pregnancies with several struggles: 9/10- Rosepaw will still congratulate the queens, and after assuring them that it’s alright, he will keep a particularly close eye on them and their general health (physical and emotional) until the birth. These might worry him just slightly, but he leaves the situation confidently. He will also check in on these cats frequently, up until the birth.
Pregnancies with severe struggles: 9/10- Rosepaw will still congratulate the queens. He will assure them, keep a particularly close eye on them, and give them proper medications. He will also check in with their mate, if they have one, to confirm that their emotional state is stable. Once the brith occurs, he leaves confidentially.
Pre-Birth Kit losses/Miscarriages: 9/10- Rosepaw will certainly not congratulate the queens. If Rosepaw recognized an early ending pregnancy, he might see if he can bring in the mate/close friends of the queen, and then he will explain the situation simply and kindly. He will support the parents for a while afterwards, up until he can confirm that they have fully healed emotionally.

Generally, Rosepaw is supportive and present for anybody struggling mentally, so he is confident in his emotional intelligence and/or counseling/therapy abilities. He will check in on parents not only for their physical state, but also for their emotions, and when things get mentally overwhelming or painful for parents, Rosepaw will help to the best of his abilities. Even outside of the kitting world, check-ups are something that he seriously values, and you will probably see a couple of check-up events every once a while. Whether parents are simply worried about a pregnancy, they have lost a child, there has been a miscarriage, or any other issue has risen, Rosepaw will be there to help if he is ThunderClan’s Medicine Apprentice. Rosepaw will check with the queen that they, and their mate, are emotionally stable the very day he learns that the queen is pregnant, and if they are not, he will keep an eye on them.

Confident, calm parents: 10/10- Rosepaw appreciates the confidence, that’s for sure. He will make sure that the parents maintain their calm and confidence, and he will grumpily thank them for not being a bother after the birth is complete.
Mildly anxious/upset parents: 10/10- Rosepaw will remind them that they should seek his guidance if they ever need emotional support, and he will check on them on occasion. He will assure them that their feelings are natural in a parent, and he will wish them well.
Extra anxious/upset parents: 10/10- Rosepaw will remind them that they should seek his guidance if they ever need emotional support, and he will keep an extra close eye on them. He will stay confident and comfortable all throughout the issue.
Distressed/Very upset parents: 10/10- Rosepaw will remind them that they should seek his guidance if they ever need emotional support, and he will keep an extra close eye on them. In addition, he will let them know that he will be checking on them extra often. He will stay confident and comfortable all throughout the issue.
Severely distressed/upset parents: 9/10- Normally, this will occur when a death, miscarriage, or similar incident occurs. Rosepaw, again, will remind them that they should seek his guidance if they ever need emotional support, and he will check on them regularly, up until their emotional stability is guaranteed to be healthy.

Rosepaw is almost completely confident when it comes to looking at nasty things. He has no phobia of infection, smelly things, deep cuts, or any other form of wound that might easily be considered disturbing to other cats.

Simple, Non-Infected Wound: 10/10- Rosepaw handles these situations without any struggle, and the healing process is generally quick and easy.
Mildly Graphic and/or Infected Wound: 10/10- Rosepaw handles these situations without much of any struggle, and occasionally, he might verbalize his distaste with the dirtiness of it, mainly as a rude joke.
Painfully Graphic and/or Infected Wound: 10/10- Rosepaw handles these situations without much of any emotional struggle, and occasionally, he might verbalize his distaste with the dirtiness of it, mainly as a rude joke. He will spend possibly excessive amounts of time cleaning his den and patients after witnessing these wounds.
Disturbingly Graphic and/or Infected Wound: 9.9/10- Rosepaw handles these situations without much of any emotional struggle, and occasionally, he might verbalize his distaste with the dirtiness of it, mainly as a rude joke. He will spend possibly extra excessive amounts of time cleaning his den and patients after witnessing these wounds, as well as himself.
Fatal and/or Near Death Resulting Wounds: 9.5/10- Rosepaw handles these situations without much of any emotional struggle, and occasionally, he might verbalize his distaste with the dirtiness of it, mainly as a rude joke. He will spend possibly excessive amounts of time cleaning his den and patients after witnessing these wounds, as well as himself. He will also feel mildly annoyed with the time he wastes cleaning.

TW: This section will contain the frequent mentioning of heavy emotional topics, including but not limited to disorders like: Anxiety, Depression,
As mentioned earlier on in this application, Rosepaw would value the emotional health of his clanmates, and counseling sessions would always be available for anybody who needs and/or wants them. He does not have very many limitations when it comes to what he hears. Of course, if somebody decides to tell him something absolutely absurd, like they want to rebel against their leaders or something, Rosepaw will “betray” them and tell Bumblestar, but unless things are dangerous to be kept secret, anybody and everybody’s emotional secrets will be safe with Rosepaw. He will certainly soften his attitude during counseling sessions, for obvious reasons. Anybody of any age is welcome to have a counseling lesson, but Rosepaw will not allow any more than three cats to share one group lesson, if this ever were to occur.
Do not take Rosepaw’s advice into reality. Not only is he not a trained psychologist, but he literally isn’t even human.

Simple and small emotional troubles: 10/10-
Unusually troublesome/problematic emotional troubles: 10/10-
Very troublesome/problematic emotional troubles: 10/10-
Severely troublesome/problematic emotional troubles: 9/10-

When it comes to actual conditions and their symptoms, Rosepaw will slowly but surely begin to identify them/their trends in cats, and as his clanmates come to him showing signs, he will speak with them about it, explain what is going on to them, and he will recommend them things like self-soothing exercises, extra behaviors, and even future counseling sessions. Once again, to all readers, do not take his advice to heart, and if you ever feel you might require emotional assistance, please speak with a licensed professional. Rosepaw will handle conditions that he sees most frequently the bets, and unfamiliar conditions might worry him sometimes. Also, he will not use the scientific names for these, of course, due to his lack of human knowledge on the subjects.

I am not any less comfortable than Rosepaw with roleplaying any of these scenarios, and in the end, as I apply, I am prepared to roleplay any of the medical plots that I have mentioned in the spoilers found above.

- Rosepaw/Weekend-Wondering Around ThunderClan -

Around ThunderClan, Rosepaw will make a point to make his presence known, possibly even to the point of mild annoyance to those who he frequently visits (including elders, queens, kittens), and this includes visiting Bumblestar to communicate with her whenever he feels the need. He will try to recognize all of his clanmates and their physical, mental, and other issues, creating his own memorized medical record for each one of them in his head. He is likely to have everybody’s medical problems stacked up in his mind with nowhere to dump them other than the patient themself, so he enjoys the feeling of healing a clanmate partially to release the personal struggle of keeping their unresolved problem glued to his brain.

- Reviews -
This is a collected of a couple Rosepaw reviews that I’ve found, but because I never went hunting for people’s opinions on him, I do not have that many to show. These reviews were created before Springlight’s disappearance, and hence, they were pre-existing in relation to this application.

JellyCat, COTM Nomination- “Rosekit has such an interesting and in-depth personality, it's hard not to fall in love with the little furball !! He keeps convo entertaining, even with warriors and is very witty. I love that he's not just grumpy due to his injury, but can come out of his shell in the best ways c:”

iliri, Visitor Message- “I absolutely love the way you write Rosepaw he’s so descriptive!”

AriaTheFiremaiden, COTM Nomination- “Rosepaw is such a complicated character, and he isn't your normal goody-two shoes prince. He is sarcastic, grumpy, antisocial, but above all, well-played. Fritz narrates Rosepaw's storyline so well, and really makes him into this complex, interesting tom. I do think he deserves a spot as the Cat of the Month.”

willooowfeather, Visitor Message(s)- “Rosekit’s not bad, he’s lost and hurting and he doesn’t know a better way to deal with that.” as well as, “This kid’s ripping into Spotted(fire)’s confidence so hard-”

~ Quick QnA ~

~ Rosepaw’s Interrogation QnA ~

How do you feel about the medical field and your involvement?:
For some reason, nobody ever expects the sassy guys to become medicine cats, do they? I s’pose you’ve got cats like Springlight goin’ ‘round all nice and pleasant, but ain’t nothin’ wrong with a bit of a change, ‘ey? Annoys me to death whenever I hear cats sayin’ that I ain’t fit for my position just ‘cause I’m a bit more blunt than average, Y’know, a bit more mean. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got some anger issues and that’s for sure, I ain’t sayin’ that I don’t, but uh- since when does some grumpiness make it impossible to memorize herbs? Just ‘cause I can be a jerk doesn’t mean I’m automatically lost in the head when it comes to some bitter leaves. For a long while, I was really invested in workin’ on my fightin’ n’ huntin’ skills, all’a that… but then I got announced as an herbalist, and that changed. It definitely wasn’t a bad change, ‘cause in all honesty, I kind’a like this even MORE than bein’ a fighter, but ‘ey, I’m just playin’ along with Bumblestar’s decisions here. One thing’s for certain: medicine den’s a colossal upgrade from the sweaty ol’ apprentices den, where we all had to pile up after long, hot days of trainin’, trainin’, trainin’- all while Drizzledloud n’ Springlight had their own lil’ hangout in the medicine den. Eventually, I got used to the strong scent of herbs, and by now,I can say for sure that it’s a whoooole lot better than stinky apprentices in the middle of their growth spurts. When I first startin’ learnin’ how to heal up cats and become an actual medicine cat guy, I freaked out a lil’ ‘bout the fact that wounds n’ infection ;’ stuff were dirty, but I’m all good now. I’m still too much of a perfectionist to be fully at peace when sickness is runnin’ around the clan… but Y’know, while I’m actually treatin’ wounds an’ illness right in front of ‘em, ‘s mostly alright. I’ve just gotta drench my paws in clean water afterwards. Now that I’ve been a Medicine Cat Apprentice, I can say that despite the fact that the work can be a lil’ bit dirty, I wouldn’t have it much of another way. This is a’ight, an’ as long as I’m learnin’, I’m good to go.

What do you appreciate most about this job?:
The opportunity, I s’pose? I know that’s awfully generic, so I’mma dive into depth on it. I personally feel absolutely nasty if I don’t have somethin’ special to do, so that’s why I was a pretty miserable apprentice just before becomin’ a medicine apprentice. But once my new rank was announced, I finally got myself a chance to actual do something with myself that wasn’t sit, sleep, maybe eat, train, sit, train, repeat… it was a good change, and some’a my stress levels went down a bit. But excluding opportunity, honor, all the rest of that generic crap… we’ve got power. Selfish and greedy as this may sound, I do enjoy the power I’ll earn as I develop as a medicine apprentice. I mean, just lookin’ at where Springlight n’ Drizzlecloud ended up, with the amount of respect they were given, Y’know… ain’t it hard to not want that glory? ‘Course, I’m feelin’ this way for the greater good, I’d say… the greater good of ThunderClan, at least. Once I’ve got a bit more power over us as a whole, I’ll try and keep us as stable as I can medically, use this herb-ly knowledge that I’m allowed to have to sort out what all needs sorting’. I ain’t quite sure how to explain it just right, but as greedy as the strong desire for glory can sound, I’m only lookin’ to use it to help out this clan, just trust me. An’ what’s a Medicine Cat Apprentice gonna do other than just keep the clan safe n’ follow in the footsteps of their leader, anyway? I will never be a danger to this clan, NEVER. Where was I goin’ with this? Oh, right- appreciation. I also like the satisfaction earned from healin’ somebody. It’s like gettin’ one more problem off of the clan’s shoulders… but… I’ve always got this issue when it comes to the death of my clanmates. One less problem off of the clan’s shoulders sometimes goes for that, too, but only once I’ve gotten real stressed up. Some cats just get on my nerves like crazy, man… they’re just extra mouths to feed, and as much as I hate to admit it, my first feelin’ when they die is… relief? Coudld ya’ even call that appreciation? I dunno. But I will never, never purposefully lead anybody in my clan, let alone the whole damn clan. They’re safe with me, that’s all I’ll say.

What are your views on ThunderClan’s current leadership/High Ranks?:
Wanna know what I hate most of all? Idiotic ThunderClan cat comin’ up to me hatin’ on Bumblestar without any reasonin’ for doin’ so… like… sur,e she ain’t the most jolly feline we’ll ever meet, but her leadership skills are brilliant, in my personal opinion. She keeps this clan in order, she values the safety of her clanmates, she is willing to lead us into battle when everybody deems it necessary, and most importantly, she’s carried us all this far already. I don’t really hear cats hatin’ on ‘er very often, but it looks like some cats talk trash ‘bout her for the sole purpose of blamin’ somebody for somethin’ that’s their own fault, or just for drama. I’d love do see those little rats lead a whole clan and survive a. Single. Damn. Day. Anyway, Spiderthroat’s himself, I s’pose. For some reason, the guy kind’a reminds me of that weird sort’a uncle who nobody knows how to impress. Or grandpa, just the athletic kind of old elder. If… that makes sense. I don’t fantasize over him much, or idolize him in the way I sort’a do Bumblestar, per se, but I definitely don’t dislike him. At least for now, we’re just cool with one another… or at least, I’M cool with HIM. Hopefully goes both ways, but ‘ey, what do I know. Springlight… is gone, ‘course, but… Y’know. I met her once or twice, and she was a bit too hesitant in the words for my liking, but she was a’ight. I wish I took more time to appreciate her more before she got uh… swiped, but… nah. Excludin’ my mentor, she’s the closest thing to another ThunderClan high rank that I really know much about, and she’s probably dead, so… yeah, whoops. Rest in peace, lady, I guess. When it comes to how Bumblestar chooses her fellow high ranks, it makes it a bit ah4er for me to dislike any of them, anyway. I believe that ThunderClan’s leader is fit to make good decisions, and I’ll be awfully surprised if she ever leads us into somethin’. She chose Spiderthroat as a deputy, she chose my mentor as Medicine Cat, she she chose herself a medicine apprentice. For that, I am… grateful. I hold trust in her abilities. And how do I feel about ThunderClan’s high ranks as a whole? I think we can handle this clan nicely… knock out our problems in a… snap.

How do you view your future as a medicine cat/medicine cat apprentice?:
I believe that I Will successfully guide this clan in a good direction… medically. I’ll leave it ta’ Bumblestar and Spiderthroat to handle the actual leadership, but Y’know… when it comes to medics, I expect myself to be there for a long while. Now, I’m not sure I’ll be able to handle it all on my own, so if my current mentor is the first to go one day, I’ll definitely be out lookin’ for an apprentice… I think. But in the end, ain’t nothin’ gonna stop me from keepin’ my clan as safe, happy, n’ healthy as I can get ‘em, myself included. Loyalty, though stereotypical, is probably gonna be a real nice influence on me, especially to Bumblestar n’ all the other leaders who I crazy-appreciate in the future. Anyway, if I can keep ThunderClan at it’s best with all of the power I have in me, that’s all a kid could ask of ‘emself, I’d say, so if that ain’t enough… I ain’t sure what is. I also believe that I’ll get a bit better at listenin’ to cats tell me ‘bout their emotional problems without silently judgin’ them the entire time. Even if you’re nice and quiet, you still ain’t a good listener if all you do is shut up and judge soundlessly. I need to get over my annoyance with silly problems, I guess. I’ve also gotta get better at relationships n’ stuff… I haven’t got any friends that I genuinely consider friends, and if I’ve got a problem with myself, you bet I’m keepin’ it to myself. See? I’m self-aware, ya’ll, shut it. But anyway, I’m not sure how deeply that would actually affect my Medicine Cat Apprentice-ness, but who knows, maybe it’ll have some effect when I’m completely off my guard. Life does that to us all sometimes, it’s real’ annoyin’. Finally, kittens and younger cats n’ general. They annoy me so much for some reason, always runnin’ into my den without real purpose an’ messin’ up my herb storage, wailin’ like it’s the death’s them whenever they get a thorn in their paw. Kittens and thorns don’t clash well, duh, but then why do they do it so much, like, bro- sorry, that got off topic. Anyway, I’ve gotta adjust to the things that annoy me, I guess, an’ that’s on my to-do list, so no worries. Once I quit screamin’ at their kits, maybe queens’ll feel like I’m a better babysitter and like me more, who knows. They’re just very… scream’able lil’ beings. Now,w ight hat said, I just wanna improve. Improving is a Rosepaw-trend, I’m thinkin’… assumin’.

As a general reminder, Rosepaw’s opinions on all of these matters are not necessarily completely accurate. These are just his current viewpoints, ambitions, and thoughts. They can change quickly, if the in-character Roleplay world demands it.

~ Weekend-Wondering’s Interrogation QnA ~

Why do your interests lie in being a High Rank Roleplayer?:
Firstly, I have always had a strong interest in improving my writing in general, and turning it into something beneficial to other people as well will help me to feel more comfortable showing it to others. That is one of my primary reasons for considering Rosepaw as a possible future Medicine Cat Apprentice, as it will encourage me to expose my writing works to more people and work on building my way up to becoming a better author. Another big reason is the expansion of opportunities and chances I would earn myself by roleplaying not just any character, but Rosepaw in particular, as a Medicine Cat Apprentice. It is the idea of missing out on the perfect chance to try and apply Rosepaw for an important position such as this that really gets me, so naturally, I threw out this application as soon as I could manage. There’s also the motivation earned from roleplaying a character with more site-significance, and I’m rarely one to pass by a chance to check out something new, to try it for myself. Although I have never roleplayed a High a rank character, I was recently beginning to feel some interest in it, and by the time ThunderClan had found itself lacking of it’s Medicine Cats, I had already confirmed that I would like to apply a character for the next thing that comes up. So here we are. But all in all, as pleasantly surprised as I would be to earn Rosepaw the higher and title, I will be happy for anybody who earns themself the position, because form what I’ve seen in this thread so far, there’s a good handful of admirable applicants out there. However things turn out, I’ll be happy to congratulate the winner. Lastly, I hope to improve Rosepaw’s personal future, and by being as important as Medicine Cats and their apprentices tend to be, he would get the chance to make the true most of himself. Similarly, I would work to the bets of my abilities to bring him as far as I can, and stay prepared to take a step back if it ever becomes a bit much.

How do you feel this position would change Rosepaw’s social future?:
As of late, Rosepaw has had lots of probables when it comes to his social success. He tells anybody who finds him a potential friend that they would certainly be better off without him, because all he really is, in his words and not mine, ‘An anti-social, badly mannered, spunky child. He will explain his behavior with this statement, repeatedly referring to himself as the, ‘Rang-Runt’ because of his tendency to go on sassily rambling about whatever honesty comes to his mind at the time, and he can be seen constantly dodging friendships as of they’re the toughest obstacles in his path to glory. Truthfully, this is half the truth… they are tough to avoid, yes, but he’s overthinking training like crazy. For some reason he is convinced that he as a cat is the kind who could easily get distracted by not just close friendships, but ANY friendships with his peers, and his happiest relationship isn’t even very deep. As a Medicine Cat Apprentice, Rosepaw would probably tell himself that getting to know his clanmates should be more of a responsibility for him, and by slowly but surely beginning to do this, he will realize that he actually genuinely appreciates a handful/few of his clanmates, and he will reluctantly open himself up to some friendships. If he walks out of this application with the fresh and shiny Medicine Cat Apprentice rank, then I’ve decided that I would be generous enough to give him a best friend, but only one. As a Medicine Cat Apprentice, Rosepaw will make point to recognize the majority of his clanmates for themselves as a whole, their struggles, particularly their medical histories. If a certain had has a history of crappy joints, he will memorize that. If they have a history of depressive episodes, he will keep this in mind. I don’t plan to make him some all-knowing god-like figure, because that’s weird for everybody, but that’s probably what he wishes he could become, anyway. He will focus on sociability a bit more as a Medicine Cat Apprentice, even if he just assures himself that it’s for training purposes and training purposes only.

~ Rosepaw’s Playlist ~

- Burning Pile { Mother Mother } -
- Cradles { Sub Urban } -
- jealousy, jealousy { Olivia Rodrigo } -
- Centuries { Fall Out Boy } -
- Shout { Tears For Fears } -
- Freaks { Surf Curse } -
- Whatever It Takes { Imagine Dragons } -
- People I Don’t Like { UPSAHL } / Clean version available \ -
- I Can’t Handle Change { Roar } -
- Wrecking Ball { Mother Mother } -

~ Conclusion ~

I apologize for any sloppiness of the following sections: Rosepaw’s average medicine den visit, Rosepaw’s Playlist, Rosepaw + Weekend-Wondering interrogations Interviews, and some others that I cannot remember clearly. I was writing half-asleep from the hospital, so hopefully I am forgiven- but without further ado, the conclusion! This was fun to create, and I will be more than happy to see who gets picked for both ThunderClan’s Medicine Cat, and Medicine Cat Apprentice. I’m thrilled to see where ThunderClan is headed with these guys! To end things on a light note, as entertaining as it was to put thought into ampossible medical career with Rosepaw, now I have twice the amount of replies to egg to, so I outta go turn my effort to that. To anybody and everybody who applied their characters for Medicine Cat and Medicine Cat Apprentice, good luck, and to anybody who receives a high rank position, here’s an early congratulations! To dino., thank you for the opportunity, and of course, thank you for the propaganda poster. Your work is appreciated.

- My characters’ opinions, thoughts, and behaviors are not necessarily a reflection of my own. I can assure you that we are certainly separate beings. -

// WIP Character Biographies * Training Tracker \\

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; July 23rd, 2024 at 07:34 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2024, 01:08 PM
ALL HAIL KAT/ROSE

Bump Policy: 1-2 Days, I'm Very Forgetful!
My Mood: Sleepy

SILVERPAW "SILVS"
ThunderClan's Mangled Tripod
Lyebirds Lullabye - Beefed Up T3 - Wheel Of Missfortune: Amnesia, Forget One Skill(Battle)

The Mangled Tripod, SilverPaw, Has An Intrest In Herbs And Battle. More So Battle, But Will Strive To Be Known For Anything Good. May It Be Hornet, Deputy, Leader (Most Likely Not) Or Herbalist, He Wants To Be Known. Silvs Has Gone Through 2 Mentors, And Is On His 3rd. He Strives To Be The Better Cat, Though He Does Snap Easily. A Force To Be Reconed With, He Limps Around ThunderClans Camp And Territory, Lost In Thought.

WIP

Last edited by Desert Rain Frog; July 22nd, 2024 at 01:20 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2024, 01:21 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Placeholder for Bluebellpaw!( Any advice about google docs would be most welcome! ^^')

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; Today at 11:14 AM.