Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Lighting Shade on Fire...
by Badwolf
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:39 PM
Official Moon-to-Rank...
by hal
Last post by hal
Today 03:38 PM
Willow’s Free Art Shop
Last post by Willowfern
Today 03:37 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Luna16
Today 03:32 PM
Greet the World with Open...
Last post by lark.
Today 03:25 PM

Old July 16th, 2017, 04:57 PM
no u

My Mood: Kingly

Lightbulb Re: The Enchanted Falls

[suppose i'll start?]

The day was hot, seeing as the forest was reaching its peak, just as it was in the normal world, only worse. If not for the everflowing Falls, the river would be nothing but dried mud. The thing about the forest was, it never got winter. In the spring, it would rain, things would be born, but no harsh storms. In the summer, it got hot, humid, but with plenty of shade. In the fall, the leaves turn, but never fell, only shifting to beautiful shades of their base colours, then back again when spring rolled around. It skipped winter. Even autumn was on the warmer side, here. Not that many complained, the Falls were located in relatively hot places anyhow.

Usually, Adrian would rest on the banks, awaiting newcomers to welcome them. He didn't want to alarm them with his aquatic appearance. Now, he lay half submerged in the water, his waist down transformed, a few droplets turning his skin to scales that weren't in the water. He was careful. Though, he'd bet money, even if he did dunk under the water, he would be dried only a few moments on the land, again. Somehow, in the heat, the water was still refreshingly cool. Some fish swam, local animals and shifters came to drink. The Enchanted Falls was truly a blessing to those who accepted its embrace.

The serpent hummed softly, drawing pictures in the dirt and sand with his finger, happily letting his body relax in the river's soft current. Some of his hair was fin, a few spots on him shimmering scales, even his eyes were tinting themselves gold. He wanted to sink and let his home waters wash him, but he also didn't want to freak out any newbies that fell through the Falls.

On a hot day like this, most heat elements were in the caves, deep underground, keeping themselves cool. If exposed to too much heat, it could be quite catastrophic for others. But Adeen was careful to stay in the shadows of the thick canopy of the forest. She hummed gently, dragging her fingers across the many types of tree barks, occasionally searing her fingers into them, like a signature. Her footprints left warm, lightly cooked indents in the lush grass. She didn't dare touch a flower. Adeen was good at controlling her power, it'd been maybe four years since her arrival here, so she was good at it. It was just, with the warmth of the air, it was a struggle not to set the woods ablaze. The heat set her free, but she wasn't about to destroy half of the land she shared with many others just for her own enjoyment. Adeen was a brat, but not that greedy of one.

love
characters
Old July 16th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Constantly Tired

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: The Enchanted Falls

Myra walked on the high branches of the forest, watching the ground for any newbies. She jumped off branch she was on and onto the ground, preferring to stick the shade. She walked up to Adrian, shifting back to her human form. "Hey Adrian. Any newbies yet?" She asked, looking at the serpent.

Please Quote or Mention me so I can see your replies.
Old July 16th, 2017, 05:28 PM
A litle creacher.. uwu

My Mood: Pensive

Kimmi yawned as she trotted through the Flower Forest, gazing up at the enormous flora that loomed overhead. She smiled to herself. "How lovely it is today... And how boring. I need something to do -- someone to play with..." Kimmie stopped under a giant marigold and sighed. "How long have I been here? Can't be much longer than a month, can it? I mean, it doesn't feel like it... I'll bet it's still June at home. It almost noon -- Momma's probably at work right now...she won't get back 'till midnight. And what about Jordan? We said that we'd see each other as soon as school started again. I broke my promise..." Kimmie's stomach twisted in knots. Sometimes she missed her home so bad... But her momma had no choice, and that was okay. Now, she had a good life here: she had a nice home in this forest of giant, beautiful flowers; she could have plenty friends, if she dared to make them; and best of all, she had magic. Life here wouldn't be so bad -- she'd even make sure that it would be the best thing ever!
Old July 16th, 2017, 05:48 PM
no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowed Echo View Post
Myra walked on the high branches of the forest, watching the ground for any newbies. She jumped off branch she was on and onto the ground, preferring to stick the shade. She walked up to Adrian, shifting back to her human form. "Hey Adrian. Any newbies yet?" She asked, looking at the serpent.
Adrian greeted Myra with a grin, then a sigh, "No, not yet." He sounded almost defeated. It was so hot out, and as an aquatic shifter, he needed to be hydrated and had a higher skin sensitivity to heat and things, including the sun. He smudged out the drawing he'd made in the mud, dunking his then dirty hand in cool water with almost a sigh of contentment, but once he pulled it out, you could see the newly formed scales start to flip back to flush skin. Adrian loved the place, but summer was always a struggle. Most of the shifters and other creatures like him stayed in their underwater homes, but he liked the surface. He was only adaptable to water now.

The boy looked at the other shifter, "What about you? Anything new going around?" He asked, cocking his head on the heels of his hands as he rested his elbows on the muddy river bank.

love
characters
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Willow circled around, her red and gold feathers catching the wind just so.
Her gaze, somber and still, raking the land bellow. She wasn't one to not be doing anything at the moment. Not one to be quiet, just watching the landscape below her. Yet at the moment she was. It seemed so odd. So strange. However she did it. Willow did a flip in the air. Diving straight down, and then making a daring dash upward. That was all though. She flew down gracefully to make her landing.
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:29 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

The kitsune, Jinx as she was most commonly known, lay in the sunlight. Her tail s flicked as she stood to her paws and decided to try and get something out of this boring day. Now, who to approach? She needed to receive something from the conversation, valuable information or a deal. Jinx began to walk, her eyes flickering with interest.
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:40 PM
no u

[i'll be updating the beginning post frequently with new biome ideas and forest news, so be sure to check that when you can!]

Adeen hummed softly, a lullaby her mother used to sing when she and Adrian were younger. It had a sombre note, but with words, it had a joyful overtone. It had been a story about the Falls, or something similar. It'd been so long, Adeen could hardly remember. She knew Adrian would know, he always knew, but she wouldn't bother him. He was busy waiting for newcomers. Though the arrivals were slow, usually there was his voice ringing through the trees as an alarm of a new creature, but it had been quiet since. Nearly silent.

She made her way back to the Cave, then started down to the Embers. That was where her kind lived. Ember, lava, magma spirits, even a few phoenixes and others that fit the theme of the place lived there. It was her home. It was far down, but the way the heat spirits travelled, a long fall didn't hurt them. Her feet were starting to burn the plush grass to ashes.

love
characters
Old July 16th, 2017, 07:58 PM
bruh head

Blu was where he usually was, in the forest. The peryton looked up at the thick canopy, looking the little specs of light flowing through. He then turned his gaze back toward the ground, looking for something that could perhaps be a quick snack. His ears slightly perked when he saw a pair of brightly colored flowers. He trotted towards them, tearing off the stem and flora, but careful to leave the roots so they could grow back.
Old July 17th, 2017, 11:02 AM
no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bird View Post

Willow circled around, her red and gold feathers catching the wind just so.
Her gaze, somber and still, raking the land bellow. She wasn't one to not be doing anything at the moment. Not one to be quiet, just watching the landscape below her. Yet at the moment she was. It seemed so odd. So strange. However she did it. Willow did a flip in the air. Diving straight down, and then making a daring dash upward. That was all though. She flew down gracefully to make her landing.
It was always usually quiet in the Forest, that's just how it was. Quiet and peaceful, except for a few unruly creatures. Usually, something or someone was bothering Adeen, usually, it was her brother, sometimes Myra, but nothing and no one had even approached her that day, let alone spoken to her. She sat down underneath an old birch tree, leaning against it and sinking down with a sigh. The bark behind her smoked gently before settling down to her heat, the grass below sizzling a moment as Adeen sat down.

The fiery spirit kept her eyes closed, relaxing comfortably in the heat of the day. As long as she was calm, the most she would do would leave a few scorch marks. Then she heard an almost silent whoosh of wind. The familiar warmth of another hot creature flying past her nose. Dark eyes snapped open, her head tilting to the sky. Of course.

"Willow!" She called with a grin and a small wave. Adeen cocked her head then, giving the Phoenix a quizzical look, "Little quiet today, don't you think?" She asked. Adeen wouldn't call Willow her friend by a long shot, but it was probably the closest thing she had to one. They shared interests and attitudes, but Adeen had just a little bit of a better morale than her.

love
characters
Old July 17th, 2017, 11:03 AM
no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowed Echo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphypoin View Post
Adrian greeted Myra with a grin, then a sigh, "No, not yet." He sounded almost defeated. It was so hot out, and as an aquatic shifter, he needed to be hydrated and had a higher skin sensitivity to heat and things, including the sun. He smudged out the drawing he'd made in the mud, dunking his then dirty hand in cool water with almost a sigh of contentment, but once he pulled it out, you could see the newly formed scales start to flip back to flush skin. Adrian loved the place, but summer was always a struggle. Most of the shifters and other creatures like him stayed in their underwater homes, but he liked the surface. He was only adaptable to water now.

The boy looked at the other shifter, "What about you? Anything new going around?" He asked, cocking his head on the heels of his hands as he rested his elbows on the muddy river bank.
[bump]

love
characters